Darkwing Duck -Disney Cartoon

16 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Hero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Heteroducksual.
Raven

All Accounts Posts: 45
Darkwing was no stranger to the strange, wasn’t weirded out by the weird, but even he had to admit this bazaar was bizarre. A magical pointy-eared hooman who, thank the heavenly mallard, had the key to getting him back to his own zany yet comfy universe; a real estate office kept by none other than Death herself; and then there was the place advertising a peeking duck and what he’d seen in there… Jehoshaphat, not a single duck peering out from a hiding place anywhere. Nope, at Hung Far Low the only ducks they had had peeked their last peeks some time ago. Looking in there had given him goosebumps. Or duck-bumps rather.

And now he needed a distraction. Anything to distract him from that foul fowl scene inside the restaurant. Shivering he putted his motorcycle down the street, pulling up in front of a shop with an exciting facade and the words Fantastic Fulminations on the outside.

“Sounds like my kind of establishment,” he said to nobody in particular as he parked his bike and sauntered inside. “Hello!” he called out as the shop bell announced his entrance. “The name’s Darkwing Duck, I’m new to these parts, and I’m wondering if you might furnish me with something fantabulous and fiery, something to flatten the feathers of any foul fiend.” He leaned against the countertop, flicking his hat with one hand to give it a cocky tilt and instead managing to flop it onto the floor. Shaking his head as if at a misbehaving dog he flipped the hat back up with one of his feet, caught it with one hand, and then tossed it back on his head. Or toward his head. It went flying across the room instead and he ignored it as if he’d intended this the entire time.

“What sort of fulminations do you have, friend?”
Dungeons & Dragons-Forgotten Realms

22 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Artificer/Alchemist
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Yes!
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 973
Fantastic Fulminations wasn't terribly large, but it was deep, and Fizzle had filled the shelves and display cases with her goods. Healing potions anyone could use, memory potions that allowed a wizard to recall that one spell they just couldn't quite recall, thunderstone and tanglefoot bags aplenty, her special party bombs, and nearly every sort of concoction a person could imagine, plus a few extra. Fizzle didn’t exaggerate when she called herself a master artificer.

Against one of the walls, within sight of the entrance, was a long counter the held some of Fizzle's more expensive creations, her strongbox, a half-played game of cards, and a few flyers advertising the shop. Beyond the counter lay a door, opened to the room that housed Fizzle's alchemical equipment. The bell, more than the opening of the door, garnered the gnome's attention and out of her lab she bound, wearing a giant gin and goggles that covered and amplified her eyes. “Welcome, Dark... wing... Duck…” Fizzle’s exuberant greeting paused slightly as she took in the sight of her customer, what he was, his attire...

A swashbuckler!

“Well buckle your swashes and hold onto your bill, my fine feathered friend, because you are definitely in the right place!" Fizzle popped around the counter, pointing out potions and other assorted items as she went," I have thunderstones that can deafen. fire bombs, bottled lightning, tangling bags to trip up a foe, smoke bombs in any color you'd like them in, party bombs if you want to distract someone…" She turned to watch the show with his hat, not bothering to hide her giggles, "Agility potions that help with dexterity, potions of dark vision… She continued without teasing the poor duck, then turned back to him, "Are you looking for a specific effect?" Her eyes were bright and excited, "If I don't have it, or close enough to it, I can figure something out for you. I am a master of my art, after all!"

16 Posts
3 Threads
Ship Status:
Raven

Darkwing considered himself un-startle-able, but as a be-goggled creature burst from the back room he jumped.

“My goodness that’s quite a get-up,” he sputtered, a bit unnerved by her giant-looking eyes. “And who might you be my lady? Person? Creature?” His voice grew less certain with each guess. He couldn’t be sure exactly what she was. Sort of human, but much different than Arjay or the others he’d seen in Arjay’s tavern. “Whoever, whatever you are, I must say this is a fantastic shop…” His eyes roamed the room greedily. He’d seen Gosalyn go a bit mad in a candy store, and for him, this was a candy store.

“Buckle my… oh, Madame, I’m no sailor of the seas, I’m a strategic sleuth, a daring detective, a heroic, uh, hero! Some days I’m all that stands between St. Canard and total chaos!.” He looked down at his costume, swaying his cape to and fro. “Though I admit, my threads do have a swashbuckly flair to them… now, onto your wares.”

He drank in her descriptions of the devices laid out before him as if he was just back from a waterless stint in the desert, responding with hums, nods, and the occasional “ah yes, I see, my my.” When she stopped and asked him what he was looking for he vibrated for a moment before bursting out with, “I want all of it… all of it!” A mad gleam came to his eye as he paced back and forth, rubbing his hands together, until he stopped in front of her and held out his rather empty hands. “But first I would need a device that made gold enough to buy any of it… I’m already finding out the money from my world isn’t good here. What types of payments do you accept? Probably not Mallard Card?”

22 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

He was a duck. A white duck. Fizzle couldn't help the giggle that bubbled up and out at the poor guy's reaction to seeing her.

“Well, last thing I want is to have a volatile potion blow up in my face with my eyes unprotected!" still, she pulled at the goggles and lifted to let them rest just at her hairline, "Better?" Fizzle grinned widely, “Been called plenty a things, but never a Lady. I'm a gnome. You're a duck!” She laughed, but not at Darkwing, no this was just a purely happy sound, "Call me Fizzle. Glad ya like my place!" she knew that look. Oh, boy, did she! She was a gnome, after all, and her shop was just full up with goodies!

Fizzle herself dressed in colorful garb, suitable for life in Waterdeep (They called it the city of splendor for a very good reason!), but with her pretty clothing, she wore the trappings of an adventurer. A hero. Fizzle met Darkwing's eyes with a knowing look, “Swashbucklers can be heroes, good sir. Too many times have we Lanterns saved our lovely Waterdeep from annihilation. But we're glad to do it.”

Her wares. Fizzle was always happy to show off her skill at her trade. when it came down to it, Fizzle was very, very skilled at her chosen trade. Darkwing's exuberance was met with a delighted laugh of her own. She understood the desire to have all of the toys. "Not sure what a mallard card is... what's it do? Or is it your sort of money? I personally take gold, silver, platinum... And I do barter, too, if you have something… Interesting. Or useful. Or fun."

16 Posts
3 Threads
Ship Status:
Raven

“Yes yes, quite prudent,” Darkwing agreed, gesturing at Fizzle’s goggles. “I see you are quite the practical magical scientist… My beloved…” He sighed, eyes going a bit distant. “...she is an enchantress, but her style of magic is a bit more of ‘let’s see what happens when I do this’ than your measured manufacturing here.” He leaned in and spoke sotto voce. “I’ve been turned into a yak more times than I care to admit.”

But he wasn’t a yak now, he was a duck, as Fizzle pointedly pointed out, and she was a… “A gnome? Isn’t that something from that Dungeons and Drakes game?” Gosalyn and her friends played it, sometimes into the wee hours of the morning. He might have groused at her for staying awake to play pretend whilst he was out saving the real world. Of course his definition of the ‘real world’ was being bent by the minute here at the Hub. “Well I shall call thee Fizzle then, though,” his brow slanted in a questioning manner, “isn’t that a bit bad for business, considering you hope that Fizzle’s potions don’t, ah, fizzle?” He drummed his fingers against his bill a moment. “Though I suppose being called ‘works every time’ would be a bit awkward. Ah well, pleased to meet you Fizzle, as you know I’m Darkwing Duck, but my friends call me. D.W.”

He nodded at her insistence that swashbucklers could be heroes, humming knowingly at her mention of Lanterns and Waterdeep, then blinking and giving his head a quick shake. “Actually, I have no idea what you’re talking about, but I am glad for your Deeplake that it wasn’t destroyed. Too many times have I saved St. Canard for a grisly fate as well. Now then…” He continued looking over the various bottles displayed in the shop. “I will have to barter, and I don’t have much, but…” He reached into his coat and pulled out clunky gun with a grapple poking from the barrel. “... feast your eyes on this. Bet you’ve never seen its likes in the Deep End of the Pool, yes?” He waved it around as he spoke. “I could tell you what it does, but perhaps it would be best to demonstraaaaaaa-” He was cut off as he accidentally hit the trigger sending the grappling hook hurtling through the roof where it lodged quite handily. A moment later he followed its trajectory as the grappling gun did its job and pulled him up to the ceiling where he dangled with very little dignity.

“This is my most effective model yet,” he said from above her. “Quite trade-worthy wouldn’t you say? Watch how easily it lets me down again.” There was a slow-release button that would gently lower him back to the floor. That wasn’t the button he pushed. After the thump of hitting the floor, and after he extricated himself from his own cape, Darkwing held out the grappling gun to Fizzle. “It is my own design, and I would be happy to give you this newest prototype in exchange for…” He perused the wares once more before turning to her, eyes wide and hopeful. “Do you have anything that will make me invisible?”

22 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

The goggles were an absolutely necessary safety precaution. Many of the substances Fizzle routinely worked with were caustic and/or volatile. It just wouldn't do to lose her sight, especially in a preventable way due to a lack of safety consciousness! “A yak, you say? Huh. Well, better than a llama!”

"Game?" Fizzle's expression shifted to confusion, and then settled into what could only be described as ‘slightly insulted'. "I am quite real, I assure you." His quip earned another of Fizzle's quick, friendly smiles, "Well, true, but it's what my mum and dad saw fit to name me, so it is what it is." Fizzle offered the duck her hand to shake, "It is my pleasure to meet you, D. W. Fiz or Fizzle works for me. Just never call me late for supper!"

Jon was quite a proficient hero, and Fizzle felt obligated to speak on the behalf of swashbucklers everywhere. She grinned at the honesty, appreciating the candor of her new friend and client, “Waterdeep. And me too, for your Saint Canard.”

It was easy to immediately recognize the grappling hook that was loaded into the… Black powder musket-thing. What an interesting item… And with the prototype in hand. Fizzle could reproduce it.

Jon would do much to get his hands on a tool like-

D. W. didn't seem to have much proficiency with the grapple. Fizzle wasn't worried about the building, and unless the duck were quite careless, the cases with her more talks volatile potions and gels were out of the way. Still, watching Darkwing try to work the tool was... Amusing.

Nope. take that back. Watching this was genuinely hilarious! Fizzle was outright giggling as DW fell back to the floor, but by the time he had righted himself again she was all wide-eyed business. "Depends. How invisible do you wanna be? And for how long?"

16 Posts
3 Threads
Ship Status:
Raven

“Oh yes,” Darkwing agreed, “I’d never get within spitting distance of a llama because, well, for obvious reasons. Though it was pure luck that I was the yak… Morgana, my sorceress sweetie, is a bit accident prone when it comes to magic.” He puffed his chest. “Fortunately she’s hooked up with the master proprioception, I am incredibly daft.” Double blink, “Deft.”

Panic darted across his face as Fizzle took exception to his mention of Dungeons and Drakes. “Deepest apologies, Fizz,” he insisted, holding his hands out in supplication, “I meant no offense, just curious since there is a game that mentions gnomes in my universe, but no real gnomes. I was following a mental tangent.” Then under his breath - “a frequent hobby of mind.” Clearing his throat, Darkwing continued digging himself out of the hole, or making it deeper, one could never be sure which. “Anyways, it makes me wonder if in some universe games or stories are written about me… I do hope whatever writers are responsible for illustrating my complex character get it right.”

He chuckled naturally at her ‘late for supper’ remark, it was a quip he’d used more than once, much more often than necessary according to Gosalyn. It was pretty clear he and Fizz would get along famously, which was good as his run-in with Death had shaken him. “I must say, in this place of so many persons, it is rather relieving to meet a good-natured gnome such as yourself!”

If truth were to be known, and Darkwing rather preferred it not be, he would probably be better suited to crafting tools of derring do rather than daring to do things with them. The grappling gun was well-crafted, but he betrayed his claim of being physically adept as he tried to demo it for Fizzle. “Well that’s the first time that’s ever happened,” he said as he smoothed his feathers. He might have taken offense to her laughter, but he was too curious about her next question. “There are multiple levels of invisible?” He tapped his bill thoughtfully. “Well, I suppose completely invisible, and all of me - wouldn’t do to have a broad-brimmed purple hat floating down the street. As for how long… maybe until I take an antidote? That way I can choose?” He was making stuff up now, but so far she hadn’t blinked at any of his suggestions, so might as well dream big.

22 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

With a grin, Fizzle nodded. "Right! Smart duck." she had several of her own connections within magical circles, so she understood the whole idea of miscast and backfiring spells. Daft. Deft. That was an oopsie! "Indeed, or I would never have pegged you for a swashbuckling duck of action!” Fizzle would never dream of calling attention to the slip of tongue, both because Darkwing was a customer as well as because Darkwing seemed like a rather good sort.

As long as he didn't start comparing her and her noble people to some game of make-believe! Still the duck's apology seemed to be genuine, and she doubted that he meant any harm or insult. It made it easy to overlook the un plication, as did the desire to have that grappler. “I'd say, considering your obvious skills and intellect, that's it is quite possible that there are such stories about you in some universe or another. Though I doubt anyone could do you justice."

Death had that effect on people, the poor woman. “Sell, it's my pleasure to be your good natured gnome for today, Darkwing!” Fizzle liked this duck; he was friendly and sincerely good hearted, something that was rare to find in Waterdeep.

She wanted the gun. But Fizzle was no cheat. Due to her gnomish heritage and schooling, she could see the fine craftsmanship of the tool, and would see to it the duck got a fair trade. "Happens to us all at some point." Her laughter had been an honest reaction, but she hadn’t meant to offend. "Once, my mage friend, Aludiel, cast a levitation spell on me and I lost control. Ended up having to hold onto a rope until it wore off, and I landed on a rock. My rump hurt for a whole day after that!" One good turn, after all! But his question brought her back to the present. "oh, quite! There's the kind that makes you invisible to the average eye, but there are others that do more. Some can make you invisible even to heat Vision, and dean have a combo that can make you silent, too!”

She grinned," You're thinking of a salve - only what you spread it on goes invisible. That has a 'key' to it I you wash it off with the key, and until then… Invisible. Only works on inanimate objects, though. The others start at 10 minutes and vary-depends on how much you’re hiding." She grinned, “So what are you looking to hide from?"

16 Posts
3 Threads
Ship Status:
Raven

Smart duck… obvious skills… intellect. A really smart duck would be suspicious that a shopkeep with an eye to making a sale might be fluffing his feathers a bit. If he was in St. Canard, on home turf as it were, he might have given Fizzle a leery look to question her sincerity. But Darkwing was currently a dazzled duck and everything in this store was so marvelous and if Fizzle was being overzealous with the flattery he was inclined to chalk it up to her polite personality.

Or just buy it completely.

“Why thank you, Fizz, I can say you’re more than just good-natured, you’re downright friendly. Delightfully demeanored. I thank you for your hospitality and your…” He wiggled his feathered fingers in the direction of her wares. “...treasures.”

But in order to procure one of her treasures he needed good trade. Fortunately she was interested in his grappling gun. Unfortunately his demonstration backfired. Or upfired, rather, sending him duckhead over ducktails. Shouldn’t that be tails over head… people always say head over tails which is how things should be… His pride was somewhat rumpled, but her sharing of her own mishap brought a smile back to his bill. “Those of us who pursue acrobatic adventures are prone to bruised bottoms. It’s part of the life…” Her story also served to dissuade him from inquiring about a levitation potion. He was a deft duck, but even he had limits and a spell that would send him floating into the air might result in him flying right off the planet. No, invisibility seemed a lofty enough goal for the moment.

“Well I’m definitely interested in invisibilizing an animate object - me. Ten minutes of vanishing would probably suffice. I’d mostly be using it for sneaking up on bad guys, or sneaking into the lairs of bad guys, or keeping bad guys from sneaking up on me… general sneaking and stopping bad guy applications.” Darkwing set the grappling gun on the counter, giving it a loving pat, barely avoiding hitting the trigger. “What amount might I get for this?”

22 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

Fizzle was a shopkeeper. Shopkeepers slathered on the flattery like so much butter on toast; it was part of the experience, and it was one of the better ways to gain a new customer’s coin and loyalty. But she actually liked this duckie, and by gosh, she was going to compliment him because he was a good sort, and she wanted him to stick around.

And he seemed to accept the flattery with good grace, and by golly that was a good thing. That was a very good thing indeed! She grinned widely at him, eyes wide and sparkling, “Well, I do try, you know! Can’t be unfriendly as an alchemist, or a gnome, that’s a good way to live a long and lonely and boring life! You gotta have friends to share time and adventures with!” She looked around her shop when he motioned to her creations, beaming with pride and warmth, “My hospitality will ever be yours, Darkwing. Such fine friends are always welcome here.” She gave him a nod as though to punctuate her statement, and then turned her attention to business.

After all, the duckie was here in her shop to make a purchase, not just to exchange pleasantries, not that she wasn’t enjoying his company. He really was a friendly sort, and she had no intention of letting him leave entirely empty handed. After watching his demonstration of his grappler go just a bit daffy, well, she figured he could use a free sample of one of her more ‘specialty’ potions… She’d let Jon name it, and he’d done so with glee, not that she had any intention of telling him that she was actually using the name. The swashbuckler already had a big enough head! “It is part of life. Adventurers such as ourselves just have to accept our lumps, you’re right.” She placed some of her invisibility potions on the counter, “Ten potions to hide you from the world from any sight save true sight, and,” she grinned and winked and settled two more potions, these were filled with a milky substance that almost seemed to sparkle with an otherworldly sheen to them, “I’m throwing in two of these babies.” She smiled to Darkwing, “You seem like a duck that can appreciate good luck. And you drink one of these, and you’ll be the luckiest duck for… Oh, maybe an hour? These are called Tymora’s Tears, and she’s the lady of luck, my friend, she’ll do ya right.” They were more expensive than the invisibility potions because they were, in fact, more powerful, but Darkwing seemed to be the sort that might need such things, and hey, a live customer was one who might come to buy again.

Besides, she liked the duck, he was sweet.

“Seem a fair deal to you?”