231 Posts
10 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 632
“Language!”

Destiny. Did he believe in things like fate and destiny? He definitely hadn’t before. He would have said that he made his own way, that his struggles were unique, and the core of who he was guided him through life, shifting and changing from experiences, yes, but still remaining true to himself.

Since coming to Hub, though? Steve was much less sure of that. This place was both revealing as well as belief-shaking. Not every version of himself lived according to how Steve thought he should live. But as Amora said, he was what the universe chose to create. Over and over again, in worlds he’d never been to, Steve Rogers had become Captain America. He wasn’t entirely convinced this was all that good a thing, thinking of how his other self had treated Tony in at least one of those universes, but maybe it meant something, to know that he had been meant to be Captain America.

Or maybe the multiverse just had an incredible sense of humor. Who knew. ”Then I suppose I need to live up to the responsibility. In all worlds, not just my own. Or maybe I should say that every me should strive to live up to that responsibility.”

Steve wasn’t interested in leading an army, not really. But in the face of the right threat? For the right cause? He would if he needed to. Just as he would come to Hub and recruit his friends and acquaintances for help if his world needed it. Tony saw something bad coming, bad enough to have made Ultron, to have signed the Accords to be allowed to exist as a superhero, and Steve worried that this Thanos that had done so much damage to the Avenger’s in Tony’s world, was that something that was coming for them. And if that was the case, then it might help to have some otherworldly friends to fall back on. ”I certainly think so, thank you. So in the case that I do need to gather my friends to fight with me…” Steve shifted to meet her eyes, ”Would you come, Amora?”

“That’s not going away anytime soon.”
Marvel Comics-Avengers Academy

18 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 264
He wasn’t arguing with her anymore, maybe that was a good sign. Honestly, obviously everyone couldn’t be magnificent, but people could at least accept how remarkable they were when a goddess told them that, couldn’t they? “We’re not worried about ever you, just this one,” Amora answered, dragging her nails lightly over his abdomen. “And you will. People like to think that fate is the world telling them what they’re going to do, but that’s nonsense. Fate is what happens when you simply can’t act another way.” And that, really, was what helped her live with the whole idea of Ragnarok. The Asgardians were gods, and who, aside from a god, was so set in their ways that they would, time and again, repeat the same cycle of creation and Armageddon over and over again? She didn’t have to… but when the time came, she’d probably want to, and that made the whole thing much more palatable.

Of course, until then, she could take on whatever hobbies she wanted. Did she want to help save a world with Steve, when the time came? The idea was intriguing, at least… and, once again, if the world was in dire straits like that, she could come out of it adored and worshipped as was her due, couldn’t she? “It would be a rather poor goddess who would let her consort run off into mortal peril without trying to see that he came through it alive, wouldn’t it?” she mused. Finding a new one would be such a tedious process, after all.
Marvel-MCU

231 Posts
10 Threads
Nyte

“Language!”

It was hard to keep arguing when you realized that the person you were arguing with wasn’t going to stop. Steve had learned some lessons from Tony, and one of those was that sometimes arguing could be counter productive. Besides, Steve was relaxed and content right now, and why mess that up by arguing? Besides, she had some fairly valid points. ”Well, I’ll admit that I’m a little worried about the other me’s.” He didn’t so much as flinch at the drag of nails against his skin as much as his muscles responded by tensing under her attention.

Fate was what happened when you couldn’t act any other way. Steve liked that logic, actually. That he wasn’t Captain America because he had to be, but rather that he had to be Captain America because that was who he was. Or had been Captain America; he was still not certain that he deserved the title anymore, or again, or… Whatever. But her idea of what fate was was appealing, because it meant that instead of the universe telling him what to do, it was just that the universe knew what he was going to choose to do, and that was, indeed, much more palatable.

He asked if she’d help him save his world from Thanos if it came to it, and Amore answered in the positive. It was a relief that she’d help, and Steve smiled, “That’s good to hea-” he paused, “Consort?” Okay, so Steve wasn’t fresh out of the ice, he knew that many words had changed meanings over the years, and that the way he would have used that word was probably different than how Amora was using it, but even the more modern meaning of it… Did she think they were married now? Was that what she meant? Instead of asking more, he let the single word question stand, waiting to see how she responded before reacting any further. He didn’t want to offend her, but if this was going to mean something far more permanent, he felt that she should have told him beforehand, shouldn’t she have?

18 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“They’re other yous, darling,” Amora pointed out patiently. “I daresay that they can take care of themselves. Worry more about the people crossing them.” Humans were adorable in some senses, she supposed, or at least that was what she kept telling herself. As for her? She wasn’t worried about any other Enchantresses, not a bit. If she met one, they’d probably have to fight it out until only one was left… the universe really only tolerated one Queen Bitch in any given place. Take that green whore, for example: she’d known that she couldn’t handle having a bigger bitch around, so she’d made a big show of making it look like she was the one removing Amora from the establishment that Amora was already leaving. Only when it was two goddesses in a similar situation, rather than a goddess and some alien whore, the results would be much, much more explosive.

Amora began considering what she’d do if she had to fight Thanos… honestly, she rather hoped it wouldn’t come to that, he tended to pull in all sorts of distasteful elements on his side, and she would rather not have to go for months feeling that filthy after the fight was over. Granted, purple did go rather well with green, she supposed an epic showdown between the death-worshiper and this goddess would probably be visually magnificent, wouldn’t it? Steve’s question pulled her from her reverie, glancing over at him with a ‘hm?’ expression. “Well, yes, darling,” she said, smiling at him like he was a somewhat slow, yet endearing, child. “I mean, I don’t seem like the marrying type, do I?” She wasn’t called Amora the Enchantress for nothing, after all. She could hardly do her Enchanting and be a boring, monogamous type, could she? She didn’t think he had anything to complain about, it wasn’t like she’d ask him to restrain himself while she was having her fun, after all. Kept men were so tedious in their wounded pride and jealousy after a while… or, at least, so she’d been told.
Marvel-MCU

231 Posts
10 Threads
Nyte

“Language!”

They were other hims. Well yes, yes they were, and that was why he was so concerned about them. They were other hims, and he knew that he didn’t always make the best decisions. He didn’t always do the correct thing, make the correct calls. Captain America, for all of his vaunted heroism and tactics, was only human, and he made mistakes.

Especially when it came to the people he cared about. Especially when those people were at odds with one another.

Yeah, he still had plenty of unresolved issues, and so, so much guilt, about what had happened in Siberia. And even since, really; he had been trying to make things right with Tony back in May, and that had gone pear shaped, too. And then everything with the Tony here and Friday… Steve was still sorting things out; from his time in Hub, before coming here, and even last night and this morning. That would take a little bit of time.

Really, the idea that Amora would help him against Thanos if and when the time came (Steve was beginning to realize that it was a matter of time, though he still held out hope that the Titan wouldn’t set his eye toward Earth in his universe) was a nice one. And she agreed. Or it seemed like she agreed… But… Consort? The way she was looking at him, though… That didn’t look promising.

Marrying type… Amora might not be, but Steve was! Steve was definitely, definitely the marrying type! To someone he loved, to someone he knew and wanted to spend the rest of his life with, or their life with (it wasn’t known what his life span would actually be with the serum), not… Not to be some sort of consort to a goddess from Asgard.. Where was Thor when you needed him? Thor might know more about Amora, and Steve… Steve was realizing that he really knew next to nothing about this young woman. Great. “I… No, I don’t suppose you do, but…” Steve sat up, frowning at Amora, ”I don’t… What, exactly are we discussing here, Amora?”

18 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Amora sighed, remembering again just how tedious this business could be. What had she done on the last cycle? Ah, right, Skurge, let’s not go down that road again. “Let’s not go making trouble now, hm?” she mused. “You seem to be quite favorable to and… adept with half of the position’s duties. For the rest, it isn’t like being the champion of a goddess isn’t an honor, is it?” Seriously, did he think she was just some trollop that would wantonly bed just any man on a whim? Naturally not. She reached up, patting his cheek. “Don’t fret over it, darling. I’ll make everything worthwhile."