DC- DC-TV-1

400 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,959
"I think i'd prefer to stay not so sober." she admitted having already found the effect of the drink wearing off, and at the same time finding the issue of exhustion becoming quite urgent as she fought off the desire to snuggle and sleep.

Good thing that the hit of cold water like adrenaline kept her suddenly awake.

"I-" there were so many things that she should say 'should go-' 'want to say thank you-' 'hope you had a good time-' what came out was "-Don't want to be a pity fuck." her eyes were filling with emotional tears, and she hated it.

@mike
Marvel Comics-Marvel 616-Adjacent

124 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 1,081
Pete just gaped at her, struck into an idiotic silence by words that were perfectly understandable, but made absolutely no sense when strung together in the order that she was using them in the context of this situation. “Yes, luv,” he finally said, reverting to sarcasm because honestly nothing else in the world made sense at the moment. “I planned an expensive dinner out for you, called after you when you stood me up, chased you down to a brain-shop, hooked myself in there and literally bared my soul to you to get you out of there, then took you and fed you commiseration drinks because I’m just a nice bloke.” Who the hell did she think he was, Steve Rogers? “Flattery will get you nowhere when it’s completely empty, luv, I’m not that nice. I’ve lusted after you since I met you, just… you know, I also found out you’re lovely company in polite society, too. Which I figured was good, since I put the odds of you ever falling into my bed somewhere between ‘slim’ and ‘none.’ I can’t say much about your world since I’ve never been there, but on mine, the girl that could have anyone doesn’t get much action on account of pity.”
@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

400 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Technically she didn't know the extent of his plans since she'd missed out on them hadn't she?

large blue eyes blinked, blinked again, the 'processing' marker might as well be spinning over her expression as she attempted to parse what he was saying, the compliments explict and not - "But why?" was blurted out when he made clear that he thought he couldn't get her into bed. because clearly between the two of them who was more experiance was self evident!

Plus...he was one of the most handsome men she'd ever had the chance at...well you know; sure she knew plenty (and had crushes or worse) on a few but he was both perfectly her type physically and seemed to find her also attractive.

Belle really disliked looking like a fish....yet here she was yet again impersonating one.

"I think you have a disporportionate idea of me if you think I can 'get anyone'!" she tried to understand what he was saying, yes she wasn't ignorant of her looks...but it was a particular niche that found her more then abstractly pretty.

124 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Oh come on, why not? Pete chuckled, laying back on his pillow. “I’m not exactly the sort you can bring home to mum, luv,” he pointed out. “All right, false modesty aside? Aye, I figured I probably could have, but not without having to resort to some sort of bloody coercion that would make you end up hating me, and I didn’t want that. I’m not a complete arse, I don’t like using women.” And that much, thankfully, he could say was true. Yes, he could be considered a womanizer, but in general, those women were very amenable to that sort of situation, so no one lost out.

“And luv, please, let’s not play games here. Right now you don’t have any shortage of people under your spell. Maybe that’s not going to qualify as ‘anyone,’ but it’s probably about as close as a person can hope to come without resorting to something unsavory.” It wasn’t like her various suitors were unattractive, either, for that matter. No, Pete hadn’t been stalking her, but a few discreet questions here and there and you heard all sorts of rubbish. She’d worked in a brothel for god’s sake, there were plenty of people willing to say things about her when they thought you were an impartial ear.
@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

400 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Yes but-

Pete was forcing her to take a brutal look at her life, one that Belle wasn’t prepared for, not tonight - “Maybe.” She reaches for the cigarette more out of a need to do something with her hands - “And yet -“ she gestured outwards to the world beyond the window “- anyone I actually try and love...I don’t even get a chance to try.” Being in a relationship, get past the initial blush of first love.

Queths face bubbled up along with guilt, the emotions there too complex to understand and so where shunted away.

Pete was somehow safe, she liked him,but even her romantic mind wasn’t trying (to badly) to make this more than what it was.

Which meant she could talk about the other ‘suitors’ in her life freely with out hurting his feelings.

“No shortage of people who would happily tumble me.” She agreed taking a sharp inhale of the smoke. “Pete. Honestly, would you have bother to try and set up another date if I’d slept with you after the frozen world?” There wasn’t anger in her voice just an awareness of the world.

“I like you-“ her free hand brushed his hair away from his head with a soft smile “and I’d bring you home to my momma if it Came that day.” But now she doubted it would, she could almost feel the world spinning away from that possibility and into ‘friends with maybe benefits’ if he didn’t get tired of her.

After all what did she offer him? What could she offer him? Besides the emotional support and caring she gave freely to all her friends.

In her mind Belle was raised and still molded in the mindset that having given away her body, the chance for romance was gone.

@mike

124 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“All right, luv, to be fair? That’s what you asked me, or at least that’s how I thought you did. If you see a man you want a night of passion from? Pretty sure it’s yours, luv. Now, love? Romance? Well, you don’t have a monopoly on not being able to find it. Show me a single person who likes being single. No one’s single because they like it, unless they’re a complete tosser, and I’m pretty sure you aren’t setting your sights on those berks that live in your American frat houses. Every single person, on the Hub or any given world, has a sad story of nothing but rejection and disappointment, ranging from embarrassing to tragic, and we know this because they’re still single. And when you do find love…”

Pete regarded her coolly, appraisingly, trailing his fingertips lightly over her sheet-covered body. “The idea that love is some magical romantic thing is a fairy tale. Sure, a bloke should be romantic, but more often than not, anyone I know who’s actually stayed in love, it was because someone was there for them, and they realized they didn’t want them to stop. No fireworks, no knights and dragons, just someone who needs someone finding someone else they need. We build it up, sure, because we all want it, but we’re all so bloody focused on buying a bloody jet plane that we don’t remember that we barely know how to drive a bloody car.” See? That was a metaphor. Pete could be deep when he wanted to, right?

“And of course I would’ve asked you out again, luv. What, are you trying to say you’re not going to be good company now that you’ve… oh, how should we say it, succumbed to your passionate nature?” His eyes twinkled teasingly at this last part. Bloody hell, even if he wouldn’t say it out loud, who wouldn’t call her back just to see if the second time would be as good as the first?

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

400 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle couldn’t deny nor would she pretend she’d gotten anything but what she’d asked for; she was too self honest to play that Pete had seduced her with out her knowledge or concent.

That did not make hearing it easier.

“You think I’m being silly.” She broke down what she heard; he was too matter of fact, it stung, both her pride -which kept her chin up- and her delicate self worth -which wanted to leave right this moment -.

“I don’t...I don’t do things like this.” She admitted (as though he didn’t know) “I don’t know how im meant to feel.” She admitted. Wondering if it was too much to ask of Pete to have this conversation at all.

@mike

124 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“No, luv, I think that you’re hurting and that’s making things look worse than they are. It’s never good to be turned away, no. Happens to everyone, though. It’s easy for people who are married or together or whatnot to make it look easy, because they’ve bloody found the person. It’s like that little prat in your class whose bloody mum buys him everything asking why you don’t just go get that new thing everyone wants, because it’s so bloody easy for him when he’s already got it. You do a lot of being hurt, until finally someone doesn’t do it. Or maybe they do hurt you, only they make sure to make you happier than they hurt you. I don’t bloody know, it’s not like I’m on the winning team either, aye?”

In spite of all his blunt talk (which he thought she needed at this point), he did give her last question due consideration. “Well, luv, not to put too fine a point on it, but apparently tonight you do do things like this.” He shrugged, sliding his hand over the sheet over her stomach as he slid down onto his side against her. “Not saying that to be an arse, either, luv. Point is… if you don’t do things like this, that’s because you decide that, aye? So maybe this is you just deciding that you’ve done that long enough that maybe it wasn’t working for you.” He smirked a little. “I mean… let’s not fool ourselves, we both know you’d never be easy or anything like that, aye? But there’s always some room for things that seem like a good idea just because you bloody well want to do it, aye?” The absolute last thing he wanted was for her to decide that oh bloody lord, she shouldn’t ever do this again. “I mean, let’s face it, we’re doing pretty much the opposite of hurting anyone, so what’s the harm? You’re not meant to feel anything, you just feel what you do, aye?”
@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

400 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Bluntness was not her nature, at least not in these matters and Pete’s assumption of the tone left her off out and struggling to listen and not react viscerally.

But she was listening, visabally attempting to push past the instinctive responses and focus on who she was, who she wanted to be.

“I don’t think I can do this again.” She said after a long self assessing pause. Friends with benefits held too much risk, she was too accustomed to trying to please, to becoming overly attached. And she could see herself justifying that Pete was safe to make him the ‘exception’ till she cycled back into unhealthy attachment.

“Not after tonight, with anyone.” She clarified, something settling in her mind - she’d been seduced by the prospects of romance around her the last few months and forgotten who she could be.

The problem was the life that Pete described she craved viscerally, the casual intimacy, the knowledge that someone loved her and just her, that she could take care of them and be taken care of and never a thought to being a burden because they were partners.

It was all she wanted was to share her life, ease her partners burdens.

Introspective Sapphire eyes refocused on the striking man whose body appeared to be recovering “- but that’s tomorrow.” A finely arched eyebrow rose, body posture losing its hesitancy - “tonight…” a nail ran down his side, gliding with just enough pressure to spark. “Do you have any fantasies? Any any ideas you’ve had about me?” And just as quickly as she’d put aside the emotional labor, Belle was clearly enjoying the idea of being the object of his fantasies and delivering on them.

“I’d like to do anything you’ve imagined…” the tightening of her skin gave proof to that, Belle was not a complete innocent, and she didn’t really think Pete would hurt her.

So she rather gave him free rein.

@mike

124 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Pete had, apparently, not done a good enough job of blowing the lady’s mind, or there wouldn’t be any of this rubbish about ‘not being able to do this again.’ Of course, he didn’t quite think that her assertion right now that she wasn’t going to do it again really meant that was how it was going to go, it just meant that she was trying to reconcile what she was doing with what she’d always done in the past. Next time the urge hit her… well, he was going to make bloody well certain that he was around for that to see what happened.

“It’s your life, luv,” Pete said. “I’m sure as hell not going to tell you what you should do. I think the only thing everyone in any universe can agree on is that I make a bloody mess of my own, I’m not going to mussing up yours.” Telling someone that they could make a new decision… that was one thing. Telling them what that decision could be? The hell with that. Pete was, in many ways, a simple man, in that he really had no big plans for his life. Any chances he’d had for plans like that… well, he’d burned that possibility years ago along with most of his innocence.

The lady beat him to pointing out that her idea left the rest of the night in a grey area, and thankfully that meant he didn’t have to do any convincing. “This might sound a little like rubbish, luv, but I’ve done my best not to get any ideas into my head about you. Would make it that much harder to behave myself, aye?” He leaned in and kissed her, pushing the sheet off of them, running his fingertips up her thigh. “I want you to do it,” he murmured, nipping at her earlobe. “If this is the last night you’re going to do this? I want to see you wanting it. I want to see you wanting me.” Maybe a little too much information given out, yes, but at this point, Pete was probably behind on the sharing between the two of them.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

400 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Blush pink flowed across her exposed skin “-how could ah not?” She murmured, gazing up at him through demurely lowered lashes. Artfully demureness considering she wasn’t clutching at the sheet. “What should ah say?” Belle cuddled close pressing her body against his to whisper intimately in his ear “Should ah tell about the dreams ya featured in?” Her breath whispered out over hotly across the shell of his ear. “Ya might have had the self control ya stop fantasizing, but ah am awful at controllin’ my imagination.” Belle felt like a woman possessed, slipping her leg over his hip to drag her core over him like a teasing kiss.

A soft shudder ran through her body at the action both at the sensation it inspired and also the awareness of who and what she was doing.

“That ah imagined ya creeping’ in my window? That ah’d wake from a dream lover to a real one pressed over mah body?” @mike