DC- DC-TV-1

366 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,888
Belle could only shake her head in amazement at his ingenuity. “It all sounds so interesting.” For a moment he had thoroughly distracted her from her depression

“Why a trap?” She asked curiously “Because you couldn’t seduce the women?”

@mike
Marvel Comics-Marvel 616-Adjacent

101 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 1,056
“Because I couldn’t even look at the women, luv!” Pete shot back with a grin and a laugh. “Come on, now. I’m the lass’s gay best friend, she’s telling me all her secrets, asking me if this or that makes her look fat an’ changing in front of me… tell me, luv, can you honestly say that you can’t tell when a man’s looking at you with interest?” He shot her a flat look that plainly said he wouldn’t believe it if she said she couldn’t. “So here I am, having to not only not pretend to be uninterested, but needing to actually make myself be uninterested in women who were absolutely lovely, and no, not just for a quick roll. Oh, and not to mention that if I was that close to them, I’d actually have to be able to display some sort of knowledge of what I do with men, knowledge that I patently do not have,” he chuckled again, shaking his head. “It was a fun exercise. It was a good time, all in all. And when it was over, I was bloody glad for it. There’s nothing that helps you define who you actually are like being forced to pretend to be something else.”
@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

366 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The flush on her cheeks was more for the idea of Pete watching her change than any real embarrassment at the theoretical question. “Well now, i’ve also been wrong about a man's interest.” she defended primly. Belle was amused at the long winded defence of his apparently exterme hertrosexual leanings. “Well i’m glad ya got to be sure.” Unlike her.

Guilt flooded her at the reminder of her own ongoing ‘gay crisis’.

The tumblr in her grip was quickly drained. Belle was not a drinker, not really and the quick succession was starting to have a palatable effect - “Sorry..about our date.”

@mike
Marvel Comics-Marvel 616-Adjacent

101 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 1,056
"Well, some people say I didn't get to be sure," he admitted. "I heard a lot of 'you don't know until you give it a try,' but I think that's a load of bollocks, honestly. A man knows what he bloody likes, aye?" He wasn't exactly sure what was making her take a turn toward somber there, but if she wanted to talk about it, he supposed she'd say something.

He shrugged off her apology. Honestly, he was a little bothered by how the night had turned out versus what he'd planned, but even if she'd shown up, it would have just been a night of her trying to fake it and, given how sincere this girl was, probably failing. "Night hasn't been a complete loss. Still got to see you, we got to halfway take in a musical or two. There'll be other nights, as long as you haven't completely grown too wise to be seen in my dubious company."
@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

366 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“I don’t know about that.” she demurred into her soup, manners halting her from directly disagreeing with an opinion he held so firmly.

Her head snapped up at the last self deprecating bit - “You mean tha’ man tha’ dragged me outta my self pity, opened up his own pain so ah at least wouldn’t be alone? Tha company?” her accent thickened by liqour and emotion sending a surge of blood, making her skin tingle. Belle was ready to fight.

Exactly who was a damn good question though.
@mike