DC- DC-TV-1

400 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,963
Breaking, shattering. It didn’t matter that James had always been destined to be destroyed, that Arjay would in the course of his godhood eventually become scared and cursed, it didn’t matter that Queth was a mercenary! they were damaged by her. Her love. Her foolishness, her stubbornness.

Her love was a slow acting poison, and Belle couldn’t make them see.

Arms pulled her in tightly, distantly Belle knew how careful the hold actually was, how delicately Queth governed the cybernetics under synthetic skin so she would not crush her too human body.

Belle shuddered in her arms, unable to stop unable to do anything but be perfectly useless, to be anything but a knife twisting into Queths heart with every breath.

Because of Belle’s nascent fall for Arjay, because of Belle’s failure to be what Queth really wanted, because her best friend was holding her and Belle knew she’d gladly drive a knife into her own face to stop Belle from crying.

Belle’s Head turned slightly, Slack tear slick lips slid over Queths, once, twice, gaining sudden strength -

Belle’s lips crashed into hers the gem between her breasts glowing sullenly.

All to soon Queth would feel the burn, Belle’s lips were searingly hot, scaring her skin.

@alex
Shadowrun-Tabletop edition

159 Posts
8 Threads
Job: "Travel Writer" (Smuggler)
Ship Status: Trying to date Belle
Sexual Orientation: Yes.
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 933
The only knife twisting in Queth's heart was the one made of Belle's sadness. The rest of the vital organ was as scarred as the rest of the smuggler's flesh. It had been burned, torn, filleted- She had suffered more loss than she ever could have imagined as a human. She didn't fear pain. She had accepted her losses. Even accepted that she would face them again.

She had spoken of it to only one person outside of her family- which made sense considering she didn't like thinking about it let alone discussing it- but the science was certain. They had done a culture on the cells of every member of her family. Queth and her mother showed absolutely no signs of cellular degeneration. Even when her similarly elven siblings' cells had begun to note small issues with the replication- there was no such issue with Queth and her mother. They weren't changing.

Queth was fucking Forever 21. And If that's not the worst thing she'd ever heard- the point remained the same. She knew she was in for pain. Whether it was Belle or not- the chances of finding another immortal that she could love was far too slim. So her loved ones would continue to die.

For a moment, Queth was frozen with indecision at the kiss. She had no desire to give meaningless touches to Belle- yet she would do almost anything to make her feel better. Her mind resolved its issue quickly, deft and practiced lips offering everything they could to the redhead.

Until the kiss turned scorching. She was frozen again. Did she still allow Belle to work away her frustrations? She should- it might help-

And that was a step too far. She pushed Belle back in her seat, forcing her mouth away before drawing her hand back to slap her. Tears finally pricked Queth's eyes. "I will not be the tool you use to hurt yourself with." She croaked, dragging the back of her wrist across her mouth as she muttered another healing spell. "If this is some elaborate way to prove that you will cause me pain- it's a waste of time. I'm an elf, Belle, you're a human. Best estimates have you dying of old age before I turn two hundred. I went into this relationship knowing it would hurt one day- but I still wanted you enough to accept that."

Queth rocked backwards slightly, a grimace contorting her features as she finished her thought. "I came into this relationship with my eyes open and you insult all that love you to think that we'd be unable to recognize someone causing us pain."

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

400 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,963
Ironically for so long as Belle wore the ring around her neck she too was unaging, immortal; the irony was that if she accepted Queth, the ring would go into a box, remembered for the love it had once symbolized and Belle would die quietly a little bit every day.

Belle wasn’t shocked by the kiss, too hurt, confused, broken, to do anything than cling to the lifeline Queth offered -

slap!
"I will not be the tool you use to hurt yourself with."

Shock shinned out from confused blue, her hand going to her cheek automatically - her stunned eyes caught sight of the burns that vanished under the movement of Queths hand...had she imagined them -

"If this is some elaborate way to prove that you will cause me pain- it's a waste of time. I'm an elf, Belle, you're a human. Best estimates have you dying of old age before I turn two hundred. I went into this relationship knowing it would hurt one day- but I still wanted you enough to accept that."

“Why?” she whispered. “Why do you love me enough to let me hurt you??” she wasnt fishing for compliments she needed Queth to HEAR her - "I'm poision, I can't. I can't stop!"

@alex
Shadowrun-Tabletop edition

159 Posts
8 Threads
Job: "Travel Writer" (Smuggler)
Ship Status: Trying to date Belle
Sexual Orientation: Yes.
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 933
It may be ironic that if Belle the immortal loved Queth, she would cease to be immortal- but that wasn't something that would sadden her. It's what Queth would have chosen if she had the option. Immortality was no gift, no thing to strive for. In her 120's, Queth was more certain than ever that while she treasured her friends and family, she was more than ready to succumb to old age. If only such a thing were possible.

Although she had found more to live for than she had anticipated, here in the hub.

Queth's hand rubbed at a particularly deep burn as it healed before reaching out to place the same healing spell on the skin that she had struck on the beautiful redhead.

Queth's throat failed to withhold the shocked laugh that came from within her. "Love isn't something that can just be boiled down to one thing. I love you for a lot of reasons. And you aren't poison." She took Belle's hands, pressing still overly warm lips to the insides of her wrists. "I love you because you're beautiful on the inside and out. I love you because you treat everyone like they're worthy of love and respect, and I know that personally because I was a heartless bitch when I met you. Almost literally. You go out of your way to make people smile. You're modest about the wonders you can do."

Queth sighed. "Belle. Your love story that ended in heartbreak was the opposite side of mine. You loved your ghost and promised yourself to him even though he couldn't grow old with you. Even though he couldn't give you children the way you might want them. My fiancé left me because I wouldn't grow old with him. Because he didn't want children he wouldn't get to see fully grown. You are almost literally everything I have ever asked for in a partner." She rubbed a thumb idly across Belle's cheek, smiling sadly. "Love hurts. It happens. That doesn't make it poison, or not worthwhile."

@kel