Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: SpockMirror, Mirror... Mirror?
Star Trek-TOS

5 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

All Accounts Posts: 547
Spock walked away from the cell holding the James Kirk from the mirror universe. That he was not the Captain had quickly become apparent, just as it had become apparent that the man offered no solutions for rectifying the situation.

Spock resisted the illogical urge to sigh. Doing so would not allow him to find a way to rescue Kirk, McCoy, Uhura, or Scott any sooner, nor would it likely serve to relieve him of his concern for his crewmates. It was simply...illogical.

Instead he returned to the transporter room, where he immersed himself in theoretical models and simulations, as well as aiding Mr. Kyle in repairing the ion damage to the transporter, for several hours. During that time, yet another facet of the situation grew clear to him: although refitting the transporter to send a team to the mirror universe would be possible, doing so from their end would not be advisable for much longer. To avoid losing their chance at success, it would be necessary to test make the attempt at interface immediately and without any of the usual, Starfleet-mandated safeguards. (That did he did not relish the prospect of leaving the away team stranded for longer than necessary was simply incidental.) As such, the only logical solution would be for him to test the refitted transporter himself.

He stepped into the transporter pad, checked his phaser and tricorder, then nodded to Kyle to activate the transporter beam. He would, if all went as planned, appear on the other universe's transporter pad.

All did not go as planned.

Instead Spock found himself in what appeared to be a landside doctor's office, full of a mixture of federation equipment as well as some that Spock did not recognize.

Perhaps even more perplexing was that he was faced with a single familiar face, with yet one that did not exhibit the properties of matter that Spock would have expected. Another current of unwelcome worry shot through him. That he did not fully understand the situation did not bode well for his ability to resolve it as efficiently as he'd hoped, given the doctor's strange appearance and the fact that none it the other landing party members were present (Jim wasn't present).

"Doctor," Spock said in greeting, "I am here to return you and the rest of the landing party to the Enterprise. Where are we? And where are the Captain, Uhura, and Scott? And why," he narrowed his eyes slightly, to be certain they were not deceiving him, "are you translucent?"
@kel
Star Trek-AOS

54 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Mostly Hetro
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,735
Almost a year.

McCoy has long since given up expecting to see Jim walk in, stopped dreaming of waking up to the familiar glitter of the transporter, returning Scotty snarky quip that would hide how deeply affected both men were.

What he hasn’t managed to stop doing is answering questions that his brain supplies in a familiar supercilious voice while he works. And in his heart of heart while it is growing faint and cold, he hasn’t been able to put aside his belief that his crew that Jim had him simply vanish.

Of course being dead really put a damper on any lingering hopes.

‘Doctor-‘

Bones never put stock in the old wives tale about time moving slower, but here was his ghostly white ass turning slowly enough to feel covered in his granddaddies best molasses. “You-“ a wide elated grin spread across his features, for just a second he was found, and the ever present stress lines smoothed out into pure glee.

He didn’t notice the little details that were off with Spock’s uniform; and sure he’d met (and had some long conversations with) Ambasssor Spock but unlike Jimmy who the Narda event’s radiation had enough of an effect to actually change his hair and eye color between the universes. Spock looked the damn same.

Of course being Leonard McCoy that glee was quickly overtaken by the realization that- “you green blooded son of a bitch! You couldn’t have shown up three damn months ago!”

‘Doctor why are you translucent?’

Yeah for THAT reason! “Because I’m dead got blown out a faulty airlock-“ wait wait hold up, hold the phone and dial Aunt Judy back; the landing party??

Now Leo was no idiot and in fact he had quite a few pieces of paper that stated he was a bonafide genius, so the combined knowledge of the last year and multiverse pinged with the tiny irregularities in Spock’s uniform-

“Damn,” If a Ghost could pale, Leo went sheet white shoulders slumping, “You ain’t him.” Three simple words holding the shattering of his final die hard hopes where all the expression of grief McCoy was going to allow himself.

“Right-“ no reason to fall to pieces now, what it was what it was. “Seems ta be good odds I’m not your McCoy.” He states matter of factly, rolling his shoulders back, squaring off to meet Spock’s gaze as calmly as he could. “And seems ya are on a mission t’ find your captain and crew.” Leo nodded briskly once. “So let’s see about getting you home.”

@starkly
Star Trek-TOS

5 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

The doctor smiled the sort of wide smile he usually reserved for "getting the last word," or shore leave excursions that involved mint juleps. Or (and the thought arose unbidden), the type of smile that had cracked Spock's face not so long ago, when he'd learned that he had not killed his Captain on Vulcan.

The epithets were not entirely unexpected, yet the following words made little sense.

"Doctor, in my timeline you have only been missing for five-point-eight hours," Spock said apologetically. He was loathe to imagine the horrors that could have befallen the rest of the landing party if such a time dilation existed, and he pushed away the unwelcome emotion.

His eyebrow climbed at the rest. "Dead?" The doctor was, in fact, translucent, like a mythical Terran ghost, but that was hardly a property of one who was dead. "I fail to understand--"

But he stopped as McCoy slumped, defeat coloring the other man's features. Spock clamped his hands behind his back and suppressed another sigh. It certainly seemed unlikely that he had found his landing party, with meant that the real McCoy, along with Jim and the others, were still in danger.

Yet, there was no logic in helping one McCoy over another, and Spock's sympathies seemed to agree. This Doctor McCoy--wherever he had come from--was much like his own, and Spock could not, would not, simply abandon him to his fate.

He was fairly certain that the real McCoy, wherever he was, would probably agree with the sentiment.

"Doctor, if you are trapped in this place against your will, it is in my prerogative as a Starfleet officer to temporarily delay the search for the landing party in order to aid you,." McCoy did, of course, know the regulation, but Spock was reasonably certain that quoting it would lessen the chances that McCoy would argue with his choice. "So, if you do not mind. What is this place, and why were you expecting another version of myself to be here three months ago?"

@kel
Star Trek-AOS

54 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Kel

Considering Ambassador Spock had stated that the similarities between himself and his counterpart were fair to being identical when it came to personality, if a few shifts in history (there apparently he’d had the daughter he’d wanted before his divorce), and that HE would tell HIS Spock to help another him...yeah one could assume the reverse was true.

Which was why with a small shake of his head Leo pushed aside Spock's offer, he’d been languishing here for a year, verus Spock's away party had only been gone a few hours- “Critical time difference-” his eyes flicked down over the signal full band below a staggered gold braided onto Spock’s blue tunic- “Lt. Cmd-” Huh gold not silver should have spotted that before. “I’ve been here for almost a year. Your crew needs rescuing.” Leo nodded, that was that, and if he had to he’d pull rank on the son of a bitch-(wouldn’t THAT be fun. First time he could too!) the two full bands around his own white Hospital stationed uniform proclaimed the full Cmr rank he’d pulled half way into the 5 year voyage.

“Common walk and talk.” McCoy hovered a hand over Spock’s arm, clearly if he was corporal he would have taken his elbow to lead him into the lab. “Interdimensional meeting place. ‘Lost things find their way’ What I’ve gotten is that this is a weak spot in the fabric of the multiverse. My shuttle got pulled into a gravimetric anomaly on the way back from shore leave. Dumped here with an Orion girl that stowed away-” he kept talking leading Spock to where the Type 2 shuttle was parked. “We figured out how to get back...but on the way I didn’t make it. She made contact and came back-” he shrugged. “But probably said i was dead. Anyway. I know where the fissure is to MY version of the multiverse is. Figure with your big brain we can maybe tweak the portal to your quantum signature. If not...well there's probably someone that can figure it out here.”

@starkly
Star Trek-TOS

5 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Spock tilted his head slightly at the doctor's surprisingly apt use of logic.

"Indeed. Their situation may be critical." Only a practiced be ear might have picked up on the worry in Spock's voice, but then, Doctor McCoy had always been more perceptive than most (often to the point of infuriation).

He nodded in understanding as McCoy explained the existence of the multiversal hub, leading him to his shuttle. It seemed likely that, in his attempt to traverse the universes, Spock too had been pulled into the convergence.

Which was... troubling, to say the least. The captain and the others were in danger, and it was Spock's duty to return them to safety. He could not afford to waste the time developing a portal to return to his universe. Not when his crewmates' lives--and the lives of his friends--were at stake.

Yet, there was no logical alternative. He had gambled, and lost.

What would his own McCoy call it? An act of desperation.

He only squared his shoulders and said, "Doctor. If you are in no immediate danger, as you say--it is imperative that I return. The Captain, and the rest of the landing party, are likely trapped in a savage universe parallel to our own, and I must find it. If you would, then, please. show me to the portal."
@kel
Star Trek-AOS

54 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Kel

The shuttle, like all the ‘Fleet tech he’d scavenged from it before his death no longer recognized him as..well alive. “Open her up.” He gestured grumpily for Spock to proceed him, “the coordinates for my universe are set-“ Leo’s grumpy frown took on a deeper set, there was something funny going on; his features were going even more translucent, and THAT was new-

Also he was getting the oddest...well whisper might be the best description, that sounded a hell of lot like Spock- “Everything we do on that damn ship is an ‘act of desperation’” he snorted, responding to the words unspoken.

Now during one of his ‘talks’ with Ambassador Spock, Leo had allowed the old lonely man his request for a mind meld- that sharing had left an imprint, along with fragments of knowledge that Leo had quietly used over the years. Things like his undiagnosed Xenopolycythemia that Ambassador Spock informed him of in time to develop the cure based on his memories.

Now unknowingly it seemed perhaps the fact that a version of him had once held Spock’s mind, mixed with him melding with an older Spock along with his current ghostly status was providing a level of..attenuation between the two men.

“I’m not sure what will happen if I try and go with. Right now anything I try an touch doesn’t seem to work.” He snorted waving his hand through the interior console.

Maybe it was how long it had been since he’d been around any version of the crew but McCoys brain was going a mile a second- “ya beamed in. The shuttle doesn’t have a on board system but-“ he spun on his heel in the cramped space. “There’s a ‘Fleet ship up in orbit. I scavenged some tech from her before-“ he gestured impatiently to himself. “She’s more advanced than what I know but maybe we can use her systems to beam ya back!”

But Spock was going to have to drive.

@starkly
Star Trek-TOS

5 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Spock opened the shuttle door. The panel was subtly different from those of his own universe, but simple enough to understand. He climbed into the shuttle, then turned around to await McCoy's arrival--just in time to see the doctor fade in and out of reality as he spoke the words that had only just passed through Spock's mind.

Spock's eyebrow climbed. Was it possible that this versionn of Doctor McCoy was...a telepath?

No, he decided. Even if he could believe that the man had the mental discipline for such study, his own McCoy's esper score was below even human normal. The doctor's echoing of his own thoughts must have been happenstance. Or, perhaps every McCoy was simply as annoyingly perceptive as his own. Spock had not thought his fears for the landing party's lives had been so obvious.

"I agree that it will be useful to examine this Starfleet vessel. As you Earthmen often say... I'll drive," Spock said. But he paused then, because the doctor's telepathy had not been the only concerning aspect of the previous few minutes. "Also, I must ask. Do you frequently phase out of view?"

@kel
Star Trek-AOS

54 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Kel

‘Earthmen’ McCoys eyebrows climbed at that, well that was a new one. “She’s the U.S.S Potemkin-“ Leo gestured at the panel that Jim had forced him though learning, a CMO needed to be versed in shuttle systems even if it was a passing acquaintance, and since they’d met Jimmy had pushed the reluctant sounther who only wanted a star base posting to expand his skills for the ship that Jim had been so sure he’d be someday captaining. “Her warp core looks like it was ejected pretty violently, got her up to emergency power-“ be impressed Spock he did know vaguely how to whistle the tune, plus he’d had some help. “She was some kinda deep space research vessel-“ as they cleared the planets atmosphere Spock would see the strangeness of it; the way it shifted to the eyes, sometimes impossibly flat, sliding between colors and geographic features. At one point seeming to be balanced on the back of a quartet of elephants. “Don’t Look down.” He quipped with a snort.

The weapon scarred side of the once chubby science vessel was clearly visible under the coordinates that McCoy recited.

“No.” Came the answer at long last, the word spoken quietly enough to be overlooked.

@starkly