Dungeons and Dragons-Forgotten Realms

282 Posts
19 Threads
Job: Bard
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 849
Visiting family, Arjay reflected, was something that ran counter to making one feel secure about the decision to start one.

Not that the visit had been bad, of course, far from it. His sister had been completely taken with the fact that she'd (finally) be an aunt, and that there was finally another woman around that was (apparently) her age. His mother, knowing as she did just who was the mother of her grandchild, had been respectful, even awed.

His brothers? Well, they hadn't showed. Cyssic was off in Calimport on some ill-thought scheme, as was his wont, and Joleth was… well, still not getting along with his elder brother. Arjay couldn't say that either instance surprised him.

Being back in the forest, though, he couldn't help reflecting on just how much he'd changed since last he visited. A part of him longed to fall back into the quaintness of life in the tribe… but that thought in itself showed him that he didn't feel like he was one of them anymore, if he ever had been. He lived in a Nexus of all realities. He was the consort of a goddess, and her newly ascended exarch. He only slept to reach out into the dreams of her faithful, and even then not every night. He was, in many respects, cut off from this life he'd once known.

Still, this was a place he loved dearly. Late that night, while all were resting, he found himself atop The highest treetop lookout, lying there, staring up at the stars. He hadn't told Sune where he'd been going, he knew she'd understand this little need for a moment to himself, just as he knew that she'd only give him so long before she came and found him. She was his goddess… finding him would never be an issue.

“You know,” he mused teasingly, “I rather expected you to come at least a quarter hour ago. A lesser man might suspect that you're starting to tire of him.”
@moon
D&D/None/All-All

99 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 834
Sune had been... uncertain, entering this situation. Arjay's mother knew who she was, what she was- and Sune so desperately wanted his family to love their child. So the fact that thus far, they were kind and generally welcoming was overwhelmingly wonderful. She didn't know what this kind of meeting was supposed to go like, only that it had gone so much better than she had feared.

Sune thought there was a reasonable chance that her suffering may have helped. There was not a woman who had given birth that didn't sympathize with her when she had to get up every twenty minutes to go to the bathroom because a child was sitting on her bladder.

She had expected that Arjay's brothers would be there, seeing as she thought they would know who Sune was, but it seemed that Arjay's mother had decided not to share that information with his siblings. Which, was her prerogative she supposed.

Now Sune was changing her opinion on whether she wanted to be here for this. Which is to say, she really didn't feel the need to talk to Arjay's mother about her plans for teaching Mel'inde. It didn't matter what language she would speak first, since she would inevitably speak them all- Sune was certain that an amount of her frustration could be attributed to her hormones. A greater amount came from the fact that she had many many more children than Arjay's mother ever had.

Still, the two women had shared a pretty wonderful moment when Mel'Inde had decidedly to join the conversation. It was more than enough to put a smile on both of their faces and for Sune to finally find a polite exit to the conversation.

She didn't bother climbing the tree or anything like that. At seven months pregnant, it seems like a poor choice. Instead, she flew, landing more lightly than she ought to have been able to considering her state. She smiled at him, carefully lowering herself to a seat in order to kiss him. "Can it not be seen as consideration? Attempting to give you the space you had sought out?"

She paused before giving up with a grin and another peck to his lips. "I was in conversation with your mother. It seemed rude to leave simply because I wished to be with my beloved more."

@mike
Dungeons and Dragons-Forgotten Realms

282 Posts
19 Threads
Job: Bard
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 849
Arjay couldn’t help smiling a bit at that. “At some point, a desire to be alone turns into a desire to see if anyone is presently missing you while you are alone.” He kissed her back, allowing himself a moment to get lost in the intoxicating scent of her, the silken touch of her skin, the musical quality of every single noise she made… but just a moment. He was, after all, not one of her intoxicated sycophants. He was her lover, some might even argue her partner, and she didn’t want him to simply bask in her glory. Besides, it would be unseemly to not have any sort of self-restraint, now, wouldn’t it?

“You’re the one who wanted to come here so badly,” he teased as he slipped around her, bracing himself so that she could lean back against his chest. “Your time here with my tribe is limited, whereas I’m at your beck and call literally any time. I wouldn’t dare to impinge upon this visit that you so dearly wanted.” He reached around with his free hand, resting it on her belly as he nuzzled affectionately at her neck.

He sat with her for a bit, staring up at the stars, feeling that bone-deep contentment that came from being so close to her. It wasn’t really until he found himself picking out the same constellation for the third time that he forced himself toward the question that he was avoiding asking of her. “This is what it’s always been like for you, isn’t it?” he asked quietly. “Being surrounded by so many people who are happy to see you, who mean so well and would happily include you in whatever you like, but knowing that their lives simply… aren’t compatible with you anymore. They’re too small for the level that you operate on. That you’re forced to see such a… bigger scale than they can possibly comprehend.” He leaned his forehead against the back of her head, breathing in that flowered scent of her hair for just a second. “The Hub is a marvelous place to forget about that feeling. So many people there live on that same scale, but coming back here, I can’t help but remember that as much as I love this tribe, every decision I’ve made has meant that I’ll never be able to come live here like I used to promise myself I’d one day do.”
@moon