Thread Contributor: Sebastian BloodImmortal Discount
DC-New 52

35 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

It almost seemed like he had struck a cord with Death upon his question. His lips pressed into a firm line as he watched Death's reaction. He admitted that Death was an attraction due to their power. Sebastian was warned that he would find much attraction in the location they were in now because of gods, angels, and all sorts of manners of individuals within the hub.

"None of which, are immune to death. Just as I am not. With you in the area, I doubt I'll find another that I'll be quite attracted to." This was of course, a subtle way of saying that Death was more powerful than anything that Death had mentioned before. "So you will have my attention, whether desired or not."

@kel
All-All

101 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,584
Death reached out, sliding another price forward in response to Bloods move; “Oh? Your attention is singular and unwavering?” His lips pulled into an amused smirk. “How unexpected.” His tone implied that he highly doubted the truth of that assessment.

If he willed, Death could show Sebastian every iteration of his soul across the multi verse. Each fate that had been laid out for him. When he chose Death could read the man in front of him quite literally like a book.

Except for the tiny matter of mortal free will.

That spark of defiance had laid waste to no few of his sisters carefully spun webs and thwarted his reapers countless times.

“And what comes of your attentions?” Death allowed some boredom to color his tone, for he had given the man enough openings to engage him, and yet all he seemed able to produce was meaningless vague banter.

@gooser
DC-New 52

35 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

“It shouldn’t be.” Sebastian stated as he made another move. “For three hundred years I existed and worked toward the desires of Trigon. To bring out the end of an entire planet. Pulled and manipulated as much as I had to those beneath me. My attention was unwavering to the desires of Trigon.” Sebastian’s lips curled, slightly in amusement but there was a touch of disgust in the admittance of that. Trigon was nothing more than a collection of malice that had taken form into an entity of power. He hadn’t known it at the time but he had been just another puppet on some strings being pulled about.

When he had been banished to Hell, that connection he had with Trigon seemed to have been severed. It continued to be severed even now. He was no puppet anymore but the fact remained that his dedication could be unwavering. The only thing he had done that hadn’t been for Trigon was the dark ritual that granted him immortality. It was to escape the Brother Blood curse. He was expected to produce an heir to take over the Cult of Blood if he couldn’t bring about the end before his time was come. To become Brother Blood, the son must first murder the father. Becoming immortal meant that there was no time limit on an immortal because he didn’t need to worry about death from natural causes.

“A pupil.” Sebastian responded plainly. His lips twitched up slightly, “A friend.” He listed off as another option. “A lover. I need not worry about children when it comes to you.” He still had the Brother Blood curse, technically. He didn’t breed because a son would kill him. It was the way he would die. Not having a son prevented him from falling to that curse. “I have the luxury of being whatever you desire me to be. All I ask is to watch you work at times.”

@kel
All-All

101 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Death chuckled “You believe I cannot give life?” It was not an impossibility depending on the Mythos of his moment. And of course when he took a pure mortal host he could sire or bare a babe as any other mortal.

A sliver ring on his hand caught the light as he captured Bloods bishop, “Humanity is one of the few races that actively courts knowledge and the company of what it fears.” He commented hearing the thoughts unspoken. Long digits tapped on the plush leather chair arm. “So you would see me work? In what aspect? My work is never ending. At this second a hundred million souls are ending their mortal tenure, all must be ushered to the after life, the next cycle, or to nothingness. Infinity of universes spin with galaxies of souls, each exercising their will to live or die.” Her lips quirked.

“What do you want to witness Blood.”

@gooser
DC-New 52

35 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

Sebastian hummed thoughtfully for a moment. He was unsure if Death was teasing him or eluding to the fact that he could give life. “Could you reproduce? As you are now? Combing your genetics and my own?” While he did not wish to chance the Brother Blood curse, the idea of an offspring between two powerful beings and gaining their gifts was an interesting concept. There always was the loophole of the curse that it would be the son that kill the father. A daughter was not something he would have to fear.

“Everything, as would anyone who carried my ambitious nature.” He would want to witness everything but he also knew that there would be obvious difficulties with that, “But I’ll settle for witnessing deaths of my enemies. Just to see it. It would be pleasing to watch.” Sebastian reached and grabbed Death’s hand for a moment and tapped the ring on his finger, “Shall I assume you are otherwise, engaged with attention of another, similar to my own?” He was teasing more than honestly believing. Married to death could be a phrase used to ever individual who was already dead or who had a desire to die.

@kel
All-All

101 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“At this moment a genetic child would be outside the realm of possibilities-“ he smirked “Not even I might create a child with in you from purely mortal sexual congress.” His eyes dragged down Sebastian’s fit form. He highly doubted that Blood had a hidden desire to incubate a embryo within his body.

The death of his enemies. How predictably pedestrian. “There are world’s where you have achieved ascendance, but they are accessible via your own means here. Or at least you may find someone to barter for that service.” He flicked his fingers out languidly, implying that Blood had not won or earned such a boon from him.

Death gave his favors where he would, and his masculine aspect was a far more fickle and demanding personality than his female aspect.

She was more libel to freely share her general power and knowledge.

“There are times and worlds where some facet of me has been shared with a mortal.” He commented obliquely, “but in this space I have not bound myself in such a manner.”

@gooser
DC-New 52

35 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

No, Sebastian certainly wouldn't have a desire to carry a child within himself. Even if the idea of an offspring with a combination of their powers was tempting. Unlike what Death could clearly do, Sebastian could not change his own gender at will. As attracted to power as Sebastian was, he wasn't exactly attracted to a male appearance in such a fashion either. Although it was hard to say what the true appearance of Death was anyway. When Sebastian came upon Death it had been a woman. A skeletal shape, and now an Asian male. Given that Death could be anywhere at anytime, he could hypothesize that Death could be any gender and any species or race. Perhaps in some other realm Death took on the shape of a Green Martian.

The demise of his greatest enemy would have been a treat indeed.
"Perhaps there is. But I find it hard to believe that there is a world in which the universe is devoid of violent intentions and malice. At least not a world that actually has people living" Trigon was a being born of the collective malice and bad emotions among living beings. The death of Trigon meant the eradication of such things. That was no easy feat.

Death has married a mortal before. Sebastian found the idea somewhat absurd. Mostly because he couldn't see what was to gain from such an arrangement. Mortals weren't even interesting. Not in the grand scheme of things. Hell, he wasn't even sure if Death would find individuals such as Sebastian, an immortal as interesting. He drew his hand away from Death's and moved brought out one of his Rooks.

"And are there universes where some facet of you has ceased to be?" Now that was an interesting concept. He supposed when there was no living organism left, Death would simply... disappear.

@kel
All-All

101 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Death was not a merciful creature, not was he a sadistic one, but he held traits from the full spectrum of emotions..which could include in this case the sadistically amused thought of giving Blood a child in a way he would least appreciate it. Death chuckled at Bloods disbelief- “You believe there is not something more powerful than your little demon overlord that craves peace?” Death flicked a hand out, aware even as he did so that he was giving Blood the boon he had moments before dismissed as not having earned.

A globe of light appeared above the chess board; with in it lay images of a world, worlds even where people lived without strife...and if their eyes were glassy, and movements unanimated...well that was but one version.

“Of course. When a universe is destroyed that part of me bound to it is the last one to as they say turn off the lights.” How does Death die? With a smile most often.

“I can love.” She shook her head long wavy falls of hair spilling down over delicate cheekbones, “Or a mortal or ‘immortal’-” the air quotes were audible even if her fingers did not dance out to punctuate them. “Might bind an aspect of mine to them for their life time. It has happened before, and will again.”

@gooser
DC-New 52

35 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

Sebastian felt his lips curl up slightly, ”I’m well aware there are more powerful things out there than Trigon. I’m speaking to one at the moment.” It was a matter of Trigon’s presence was more of a collective. Even if the form he had was destroyed, through the centuries of negative emotions, they would reform the demon once again. Perhaps Sebastian would long since be gone by the time that Trigon was reformed but that did not change the fact that Trigon would come back. He had seen how a handful of teenagers could handle Trigon and at least lock him away somewhere. Not destroy but to imprison him to delay his return to the world. If a band of teens could do that, there were certainly individuals who were stronger and able to destroy Trigon out there. Sebastian simply knew that he had not been strong enough to do so himself. He was not certain he was strong enough now even as the Avatar of the Red. But Death certainly would be.

He was shown images of worlds where such worlds without negative emotions existed. Such worlds seemed empty in his mind. As though they weren’t enriched. Likely because Sebastian had only known violence, death, domination, and manipulation his entire existence. The worlds shown to him were devoid of such things.

Death shifted once again and before him was a woman once more as she claimed that she could love. Which meant that she wasn’t against a marriage. A mortal or immortal might bind an aspect of her to their lifetime. It’s happened before.” That was a peculiar fact that inform Sebastian about; because, given his nature, he wouldn’t be above finding a way to bind Death. His lips twisted into a curl of a smile, ”Well, if it matters…” He was quite certain it would not, ”I find this form of you to be most lovely and appealing. One I wouldn’t mind sinking my teeth into.” @kel

All-All

101 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Death snorted, yes he was clearly more powerful, but he had his own limitations, and the half flattery half truth was nearly obnoxious in its obviousness. Death himself had no opinion on the world's he showed Blood, they existed, he did his duty, he cared not at all about the quality of life with in.

Marriage, no she was not against it, when it came, when her sister fate called to bind the threads to entangle her...she did not always object; blue eyes softer than her male form smiled at him peering out from a grinning skull. Her finger bones clacked cupping his chin, “All my forms are me.” Her lippless mouth touched his “If you might ever forget.”

The threat of binding her, of taking a portion of her power did not frighten Death, if it was to happen it would, she would not be foolish enough allow him to taste of her actual essence, the avatar before him while solid was not her after all. And she had not mortal vessel, with blood to drink here in this place.

@gooser
DC-New 52

35 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

Sebastian didn't flinch from the bony finger that came before him and tapped him on the lips. He was not unaware that all the forms in front of them were Death. He wouldn't forget because he knew the power before him and knew what Death was. His tongue poked out to brush along his lips, as though to see if there might be some sort of taste of Death to catch after their finger had left his lips.

"I wouldn't forget. But I certainly would have a preference on which clothing you wear." Sebastian was no appalled by a skeleton in front of him; however, if they ventured toward the prospect of lovers then he certainly had his own tastes. Even if he was never one to really have used sex for anything other than a manipulation tactic in the past rather than actual attraction, he still had his preferences.

Most times he tended to enjoy breaking his playthings.

@kel
All-All

101 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Sliding back the glass that had been his hand shifted with her to a delicate steaming tea cup, “And why should I care for your preferences?” She asked naked teeth clicking against the rim of her cup. For the moment she maintained her cloak and hooded skeletal form, boney fingers curled gently around the cup. Where the tea went was a mystery as it could not be seen sliding down her spine.

@gooser
DC-New 52

35 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

"You don't. But that doesn't mean that I won't one day be that which you are bound to." Sebastian leaned forward and his lips curled up as his chin came to rest on the palm of his hand as he stared across the chess game and toward the cloaked figured in front of him "After all, Fate is hard to ignore. We do not know what lies ahead. Even now. Perhaps you'll find yourself in love with someone like me. Perhaps you'll enjoy being in the form I have a preference toward because of the things I'll do to it."
All-All

101 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The skull laughed, chuckling at his bold declaration, s/he had expected nothing less after all. “Or I will be amused by your attempts to seduce this form.” s/he offered boney fingers clicking with humor on her cup. It did occur to her that s/he that it had been long since s/he had left her common trifecta of forms in Hub. It was a touch dangerous, in that building a mythos made h/er more vulnerable, and having a preferred personality/form would make that a reality.

“Arrogance of mortality.” S/he shook his grinning skull head. “This will amuse me till it bores me.” she half warned.

@gooser
DC-New 52

35 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

Sebastian didn't care if he sounded arrogant or not. But it would seem his declarations had amused Death in a way. The immortal gave his own laugh when Death commented that it would amuse him until it bored him. "Or it will amuse you until you've become lost in obsession to the point that a simple brush of my finger fills you with further need."

Sebastian stood up once more. This would be a game that he would be interested in playing. Besides, even if it took him too long to make Death obsessed; he had already alluded to the fact that Death could be bound. Something that Sebastian had not missed and something he would look into on his free time. Having Death pretty face wrapped up in his webs would be quite the interesting feat.

@kel
All-All

101 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“That would indeed be a feat to have your name remembered long after your world is dust.” She clearly disbelieved that it had any sort of possibility.

Even binding her would be...limited. Assuming he could bind THIS aspect of her. He would be better served looking for another reality where her Mythos allowed for that in a simpler manner.

He stood and the skull grinned at him.

@gooser
DC-New 52

35 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

"Well, that's all anyone could ever want." Sebastian responded as matter of fact. He drifted around the table to Death's side and his hand lifted up to trail up along her shoulder as he moved behind her. The next moment he was leaned over Death, head rested beside as his arms slipped around Death's torso, "Or maybe it's what any mortal and immortal could ever want. Perhaps what you may desire is a partner that never disappears. Never leaves you. someone who transcends to such a state that they too are everywhere with every aspect of your person. To witness all turning to dust until all that remains in an continuity is you... and your partner. That way, you don't drift to nothingness truly alone when the time comes."
All-All

101 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Deaths grinning skull expression didn’t change his fingers gliding over thinly covered exposed ribs. Her chuckle expanded her rib cage highlighting that fact. “And you of course would be delighted to be at my side?” The skull seemed to grin harder. “Oh my pet. I will always be the last.” She reached up patting his cheek mockingly. “Even The Eternal will be taken by me, when the last speck of life is only a glimmer in my memory.”

@gooser
DC-New 52

35 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

Sebastian chuckled as Death insured that he would always be the last, even among the Eternal. Brother Blood was not dissuaded from his statement but his hands slowly drifted off of the figure as he seemed to glide away from Death's side. "And yet, part of the concept of having a long lasting partner entertains you, no less. For now at least,"

That was always the bottomline. For now. It didn't mean that the future would seem as entertaining to Death and given their little agreement, the only thing that truly mattered was the present. "This was a most delightful encounter. It's gotten me a bit hungry. I believe I shall go feed. I can't decide if I'll let them live after the encounter." It had been quite some time since he's gotten to feed a heavy amount. It was the act and the taste more than anything else. He delighted on the energy the blood gave him. Drinking it wasnt necessary but sometimes he did enjoy playing the role of monster.
All-All

101 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Death cocked her head at his declaration- “Do you expect me to stop you?” She chuckled sliding into her male form, “Exercise your free will, the ghosts here have no true soul for me to reap, only the echo of other lives.” He smirked, “If you wanted to spare me some work. Other wise-” His flesh hand copied the gesture of his skeletal one sliding over Bloods cheek. “Have a care that your will does not conflict with a greater one.” He cautioned leaving an impression of coolness behind on Sebastian’s flesh.

@gooser