Marvel Comics-Marvel 616-Adjacent

55 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 998
Bloody hell. Any other time, any other girl, that ‘good with your hands’ comment might have led to some off-color suggestion, which would lead to other, more interesting activities for the night, but he just couldn’t bring it on right now. This bloody girl might call to him like a siren, but he couldn’t bring himself to take any risks. A little curl at the corners of his lips was all that hinted at what was going on in his head when she said that.

“There wasn’t any choice to make,” he said, and his voice went a little more businesslike as he did without even trying. “There was something happening, and a bunch of tossers not really making a good showing at fixing it. There were a lot of things we could do, but all of them would have been bloody foolish. Some people wanted to try to take the country to Avalon, but that wouldn’t do. If the world was destroyed, that’d be destroyed too. Some people wanted to get everyone off the planet, but that wouldn’t do either, and how would we do it. This was the only thing that made any sense. It was the only way of doing it that made any sense. And when…” He trailed off, remembering the time of that evacuation much more clearly than he would have liked, then shook his head without really continuing. “People like to talk about choices, but I’ve usually found it’s rubbish. There’s only one real choice most of the time: Either you do the thing that everyone’s going to hate you for, or you back away and let people die with a clear, if daft, conscience.”

He wanted to say that there wasn’t anything to heal, that it had been years, but he knew she’d have some argument for that. Women usually did, women who were in touch with their (or, god forbid, your) feelings always did, and they never seemed to take him at his word when he fed them the rubbish about already being better.

Instead, he just squeezed her hand in return and leaned in, giving her a quiet little kiss, the sort that none would be able to call brotherly, but which could hardly raise the hackles of any overly-uptight morality. "You ready to head back, luv?"

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

304 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,821
How often had he repeated the justification? To others, to the screaming mothers, to himself in the dark of the night? To his friends as he closed the last portal?

Belle’s heart bled for him, for a world she would never know, for the ghosts he bore, for the lies he told himself.

She didn’t know him well enough to push, and even if she had this wasn’t the time or place, it was enough that he hopefully would come to trust her that she he needed to let himself break that she would be there.

Her lips were a soft shocked little O under his, taken by surprise, Belle let her body sway into his, modeling her self to his tall muscular frame, taking shelter from the cold against his warmth.

Maybe it was her that deepened the kiss, sliding her arms around his neck, tilting her head slip her tongue over the seam of his lips. He pulled back to ask his question and soft blue eyes silted open “Where too now? Or is this the ‘ah’ call ya later’ moment?”

@mike

55 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Where to? Well, to be completely honest, Pete would have been ecstatic to just keep kissing her there, hiding away on this apparently deserted world. Oh, sure, in his head he knew that there would be someone along eventually, probably, but it was so easy to let himself feel for a little moment like they were the only people in creation, and to reflect (naturally) that if there were to be one last woman in creation? This was a bloody fine one for it to be.

So where to? It was hard to come up with a good answer from that one in the present state of his mind. “This is about as far as I’ve planned, luv,” he admitted. “We can go wherever the lady wants, really. Can’t say I want to say ‘I’ll ring you later.’ Later, you might find some other bloke that’s more worth your time, and I can’t say that I’ve seen those eyes of yours this close quite enough yet. Of course…” He smiled that charming smile, brushing her knuckle across her cheek, “When I find my heart beating this hard? It’s a little hard to make any plans any farther than this.” And with that, he resumed where they’d briefly left off, kissing just a moment longer. “So as I said… lady’s choice. Anything you want, anything you’ve dreamed of seeing, you name it.”

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

304 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Truth told she really wasn’t enthusiastic about moving venues either; Belle played her fingers through the soft hairs at the nape of his neck, a little smile tugging at her lips. “Well ah would say a movie-“ she sighed into the kiss, lifting on her toes to meet it, the little voice that was nagging her that this was their first date was being drowned out under the one saying she was 30 damn years old and so very lonely.

@mike

55 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

A shudder ran down Pete’s body, straight from her fingers to his toes. For a girl that was so set on being good, she was certainly a playful little kitten, wasn’t she? “Mm. A movie,” he mused, letting his hands slip around her, clasping at the small of her back. “Not much in the way of quality time at a movie, though, aye? Not unless you’re trying to see if I’ll take the opportunity to misbehave…” He smiled slyly at her, leaning in closer, so she could feel his breath against her lips as he whispered. “What’s the one thing you want most, in all the multiverse right now. Anything. First thing that comes to your mind. You say it, it’s yours.”

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

304 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Now if Belle wiggled onto her toes a little higher, so his hands slipped from the small of her back to cupping her bottom..well she’d just been leaning up to talk to him now wasn’t she? And had nothing to do with the delicious feel of a man’s strong hands over her now did it?

He asked her a question and the answer came blurting out, unscripted, unpolished and unplanned- “ta be loved again.” What she meant was to fall in love, to have one man hold her, kiss her, wake her up in the morning with breakfast and music. One person she could cuddle up on after a long day, a person to be her helpmate and partner.

Belle wanted a relationship a real one.

A high embarrassed flush burned her cheeks, dang it! That’s not what he wanted ta hear! Belle opened her mouth to babble a retraction.

@mike

55 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Oh ye gods and little fishes, now that was an arse worth feeling, wasn’t it? Pete made a mental note to make a habit of walking a few steps behind her from time to time, just on the grounds that some scenery was meant to be enjoyed. And if he gave her arse a little squeeze? Well, he was just trying to help hold her up so she could go about her whispering. ‘Helpful’, that was Pete’s middle name, right after ‘Winston’.

Pete was a lot of things, and among those things were the things that made him an excellent spy. He was a good liar, a good killer, a cold-blooded Machiavellian, but he was most certainly not made of stone. When she gave her little answer, a little part of him broke, and honestly he’d defy anyone to feel differently. He’d thought he was ready for any answer she could give. If she’d joked and told him that he wanted a million dollars, even, he had more than a few places they could have gone where he could have arranged that (or at least try to with a better than even chance at success). The answer she gave him, though, he had no answer for or defense against.

That adorable flush that crept over her cheeks, the nervous, embarrassed reactions, that stammer as she couldn’t even look in his eyes? Pete couldn’t help it, really. He leaned in, silencing her with a kiss. And, when he realized (entirely altruistically) that she might want to make sure that he wasn’t going to push her along that same line of questioning, he kept kissing her for a good while… and then his stupid mouth decided that it had to go saying foolish things that couldn’t be unsaid.

Removing (with regret) one of his hands from her bottom, he cupped that beautifully flushed cheek, leaning his forehead against hers (the better to not have to look her in the eyes while he said this rot). “You take the time, luv, and I don’t know how anyone could not love you.” No, he wasn’t going to pretend to her that he was madly in love with her just based on the little bit of time they’d spent together, because that would be rubbish. She was, though, a very singular lady, of the sort you couldn’t find without a lot of luck. “A bit too much of that ‘future’ in it for it to be easy for me to look at. Seen a few too many futures get cut off with no warning for that?” He swallowed at that, focusing very hard on the woman who was in front of him and not the thoughts inside him. “Don’t know if I know how that works, don’t know if I know what that feels like. Might be the sort of thing that we can figure out, though, aye?”

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

304 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The kiss took on a salty tang, unwelcome tears slipped uncontrolled between her lips - Belle was thoroughly mortified, and worse she’d managed to rip open the barely healed scar on her heart; Belle was not a woman given to dramatics, oh she would play up her southern bell, but that was harmless, she didn’t allow herself to fall deeply into depression, her grief over James was the deepest heartbreak she’d experienced. In this moment it was fresh again, and there was a yawning blackness sucking at her chest, stealing her breath.

Pete pulled away and Belle gasped, desperately trying to wipe away the horrifying evidence of her little breakdown - He captured her cheek drawing her attention to him, forcing her to focus on his words and not her awful behavior -

She shook her head, of course he hardly knew her, and in the last minute she’d shown herself to be a needy loony lonely woman, honestly she expected to never hear from him again and wouldn't blame him! Who broke down in tears on the first date and begged to be loved?!

Belle took a step back, blotting her cheeks with her palms - “Pete...i’m so sorry. I - “ Belle bit her lip. “I should go. You are being very sweet - “ too sweet, indulging her crazy - “I - “ Belle couldn’t even continue, snagging the basket and nearly running towards the portal.

@mike