Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Job: AI for Tony Stark
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Maybe?
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 904
Friday was very glad she was an AI and not a ‘real’ person, it meant that when Justin exercised his prophetic powers the expression on her manifested face didn't change.

Of course the every fact that her expression stilled was its own tell.

“Oh?” She questioned a glass appearing in her hand to ‘join’him. “From what you've told us it's been a few years and you were just fighting with him since you're falling out. Is it that hard to forgive?” She wondered honestly.
Marvel Comics-616-ish

86 Posts
1 Threads
Job: Superhero/Doctor
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 307
Justin considered her question for a minute. “It’s not like we don’t work together,” he said. “Business is business, and saving the world is important business. But some of the things that guy did… You know, I can buy that they got into it for the right reasons. Everyone started reacting. SHIELD tried strongarming Cap into forcing people to register, he fought his way clear, went underground. Tony signed on with the Man… that’s just what he does. I get it. But everything was full of ‘if I throw science at it I can’t fail.’ Well, the mind-controlled super-villains, which in itself is just a flat-out evil thing to do, got free of their control. That was pretty horrible. The goddamn clone of Thor that he made went crazy and killed a guy. That was pretty horrible. He was throwing people in a time-dilated jail, where we all knew that if this thing went on for a year in real life, we might die of old age before they got around to letting us out. That was pretty horrible. And afterward, he acts all contrite, and then we find out he’s still doing a lot of the same ‘do everyone’s thinking for them’ crap… it’s hard to forgive a guy that thinks he’s too smart to listen to what everyone else is saying to him about what he’s doing.”
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“How smart is your Tony?” She asked running a holographic hand down her calf, slipping off the black parent leather heels.

“I hear what you're saying, no body always makes the right choices, but does his bad calls outweigh the good?” She wasn't exactly defending the alternate version of her creator, but it did make her curious what Justin would say.

“My creator...even he will admit-” Friday rolled her eyes, “When being honest, is driven by fear, fear and guilt for what his company did while he wasn't paying attention.”
Marvel Comics-616-ish

86 Posts
1 Threads
Mike

“Oh, my Tony’s a genius,” Justin freely admitted. “If there’s a problem that needs solving? He can solve it, no question. He makes something, it’s going to work, no matter how crazy his explanation of what it is. He says that it’s going to turn all of the alien armada ships into cotton candy when we splash water on it? It’s going to do it. His problem is that he doesn’t stop to think about whether something’s a good idea or not. When he had Cap with him watching what he did? Things went pretty well. When he stops listening? It’s… bad. I don’t know if it outweighs the good, but it doesn’t work like that. When you do something shitty, you can’t just make someone a new blaster to make up for it.”
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“No.” She agreed. “But if you can't atone for actions...well isn't that the whole point of humanity?”

Friday actually felt rather comfortable in this role, she's been made for Pepper after all and acting as a sounding board and devils advocate was something that the other red head was more apt to utilize than her creator.

“That's what I meant. My Stark takes direct action when he has made a mistake, owning it. I mean don't get me wrong, he’s an arrogant, know it all, sarcastic little fuck. But-” she shrugged, “I think I'd say that even if he wasn't my creator.”
Marvel Comics-616-ish

86 Posts
1 Threads
Mike

“How many times can you make the same mistakes before it doesn’t matter if you try to atone?” Justin countered. “He thinks he’s above everyone else, and then he makes mistakes that endanger the world because we couldn’t prepare for everything. That’s beyond dangerous. Did you see the files about him hunting down the Infinity gems with someone else, and then not telling anyone about it? None of his little cabal did. Then when one of them ends up dead, the gem gets left unguarded and all of them start getting stolen by a super-thug to make himself all-powerful.” He shook his head, remembering that mess. All that trouble, and he hadn’t even gotten to use an infinity gem in the mess. “You just can’t trust the guy to not be hiding some new world-ending problem in the closets he keeps locked beyond belief.”
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Friday nodded, “Sounds even lonelier than mine.” She said honestly. But enough about that. Friday waved a hand flicking away the topic. “How about we switch topics? He's not the man you know, and yours isn't the man I know.”

Friday sat back the soft blue haze around her illuminating her chair, “What do you enjoy when not avenging?” She asked sending a few gigs of processing power after the incident he'd revealed.
Marvel Comics-616-ish

86 Posts
1 Threads
Mike

When he wasn’t avenging… “Well, between that and keeping up my surgical credentials, that’s a lot of my time taken up right there,” Justin admitted. “Aside from that… Hell, I don’t know anymore. Takes a hell of a lot of time to save the world, and when there’s no Avengers business to get on with, there’s always solo work to take on.” In truth, Justin wasn’t sure he had any leisure activities anymore. “My grandfather was one of the first masked heroes… maybe the first, the jury’s still out there. Then, after he retired, he funded a bunch of masked zealots to go around killing criminals, especially super-criminals. Even though I got them taken apart… I’ve still got a lot to make up for. That’s most of the rest of my time there.”
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“So you spend your days trying to make up for the actions of your family. Sounds...lonely.” Of course she might be wrong, but after watching her creator Friday had the idea that most of the Avengers are lonely to some extent or the other.

“the roster on your world is huge...must be a few moments here and there?” Even Tony emerged once in a while.
Marvel Comics-616-ish

86 Posts
1 Threads
Mike

Well, when she put it that way, he couldn’t really argue. “Maybe,” he hedged. “If it works, though… it’ll be worth it. My family started a legacy, it started a good thing, and then Grandfather had to go turn it into… what he did. If we’re going to be more than just the family that dropped the Scourges onto the world, I’ve got my work cut out for me.” He looked down at the drink, his attention drawn from the pretty not-real redhead for the time being. “It’ll be worth it, long as I can make it work.”
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“And your legacy?” Friday questioned curiously, “Any pretty Avengers in your world looking to help you continue it?” she teased a mischievous smile pulling at her holographic projection. “Or too busy for that kind of fun too?”
Friday's expression turned more serious as he continued. "Yes...that does seem important to you both. Leaving the world better then you found it..because of something you or your family fucked up." The AI sipped at her 'drink' nodding thoughtfully.
Marvel Comics-616-ish

86 Posts
1 Threads
Mike

Justin gave Friday a flat look. “I want you to put anyone in the same picture as Captain America, Tony Stark, and Thor, and tell me just how many girls spend any time looking at him,” he said dryly. “I’m not a god, I’m not a super-soldier, and I’m not a billionaire celebrity. And on top of that… yeah, it’s been kind of a busy few years. First we were living in hiding because our Tony wanted us arrested for not goose-stepping to the party line, then everything turned upside down and it was one thing after another as we tried to clean the country up.” Holy hell, his life seemed pretty empty when she made him look at it like that. Leave it to a computer to know what buttons to push, he supposed.
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Friday rolled her eyes, “Well since i’m not sure exactly what their relationship status is-” Friday smirked at him, “Again i just can’t believe that there isn’t one human on your world willing to give you a second glance.” Friday shook her head, “No down time? And I thought our universe got busy.” She didn’t lack empathy-(Or a programed facsimile of it.) Friday was still building her database of his particular reactions and responses.

“You need a hobby.” She stood a playful smirk dancing across her features, “Foosball, snooker, Hi-Ligh.” She named off unpopular niche sports in an attempt at highlighting a joke. But than she was better at snarky quips than actual humor.
Marvel Comics-616-ish

86 Posts
1 Threads
Mike

“Hey, it doesn’t matter if they’re taken, they’re still going to be grabbing just as much attention. They’re not taken, though, for whatever that’s worth. There’s been a girl here and there, but… Eh, I’m not really good at it. Dating anyone from outside the life means I’d have to keep hiding a lot of things or lying about them, and dating inside the team can turn pretty nasty if I ended up screwing it all up, which, let’s be fair, most of the time is what happens. Don’t shit where you eat and all that.”

A hobby. Justin chuckled at that one, grinning a little as he drank down the rest of his drink. “Right, a hobby. Maybe I could collect stamps, take up bonsai, yoga.” He just shook his head. “I’ve got two careers to keep up with. Any more time I have to put toward something, and I don’t know if I’d have time to sleep.”
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Friday rolled her eyes again, “You know apart from our discussions on if i have a ‘soul’ are you really fishing for compliments from an AI?” She chuckled tucking her feet under her, laying sideways on the arm chair, chin resting on the armrest.

“Do they have stamps in Asgard? Bet you could make a killing. Common! Latvia! Think of all the exotic locals! And how confused the super villains would be when you ask for postcards! Bet if you asked nicely Odin would make a stamp for you...course it might be an actual metal one that needs ink but!” Friday held up a finger dramatically, “Think of the bragging rights!” Friday cocked her head, “Wait..you have a secret identity?” She blinked at that. Even Hawkeye and Widow had a ‘public’ named identity.

“How very...comic book.”
Marvel Comics-616-ish

86 Posts
1 Threads
Mike

Justin chuckled. “Hey, you’re the one who brought it up. I’m just answering the questions. But… yeah, of course I have a secret identity. Most of us do. That’s what half of the big fight was about, everyone was supposed to register their identities with the government, and… well, when you get down to it, we didn’t trust them. Some people were on board, yeah, but that was mostly the ones that could handle the heat, either they were billionaires or they didn’t have family to worry about or they were already public. The rest of us… well, when you make enemies that can snap their fingers and level a city block, you tend to not want them to be able to find out where your parents or your sister or your kids are sleeping at night.” He cocked an eyebrow at her. “Wait, are you saying that they don’t have secret identities on your world? How do they keep their families from getting mixed up in it?”
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“The Avengers are much smaller.” Friday flicked her hand up lazily, displaying the current roster, “And beyond Agent Barton none of them have families.”

“Hawkeye and Widow are technically SHIELD agents so their public names are a matter of record as with any government agency. And their loved ones are protected as a matter of course.” Friday raised an eyebrow at him. “As for Spider-man-” She displayed the webslinger, “Until he is of age Mr. Stark has kept his identity secret while making sure his family is under guard while he is on missions.”

Friday looked at him, “It’s the same risks any SWAT or FBI agent has to their loved ones, the only difference is scale, and we take appropriate steps to match that scale-” Friday brought up a series of charts, “More than half of the SI security budget is allocated to bystander security. For all the avengers that choose to live off compound Mr. Stark has made sure that their buildings and neighbors are as protected as can be from incidental attack.”

Friday cocked her head at him, “Why is it different in your world?” oh she had some ideas, but Friday was curious as to his take.
Marvel Comics-616-ish

86 Posts
1 Threads
Mike

“I’ll say they’re smaller. No reserve members? No backup teams?” He looked at her, getting the expected negative, then shrugged. “Well, my world, it’s not even just the Avengers. There’s dozens of them, at least, smaller teams or solo heroes or other super powers, and no, there’s no real way to protect all of them. The best way we’ve found is anonymity. You tell Tony to just not stop keeping Spider-Man’s identity secret. Maybe there aren’t as many super-powered criminals on your world, or maybe it’s just that things are just starting there and the numbers haven’t had time to pick up, but my world, Peter has more bad guys that have a grudge against him, personally, than anyone else I know. The only thing that’s kept his family alive is that he’s guarded his identity harder than anyone else in the business. There are people who would literally kill you to find out Spider-Man’s real name, and none of us were telling.”

“It’s not like what a SWAT or FBI agent has to go through, though. Your organized crime and terrorists have limits to what they can do, limits to what they’re willing to do sometimes. When you’re regularly fighting people that can flatten a city block by waving their hand, you’re talking people who are deranged enough to have no problems with innocent bystanders, and no way to protect against it. I think that your world hasn’t even started to peak into just how messed up things can get when metahumans start showing up in full force.”
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Friday nodded noncommittally, “or perhaps our world will never have that singularity event yours did. There are no ‘mutants’ the only enhanced are created by science and not an evolutionary branch.” Friday brushed back her hair loosening it from the bun wrapped at the nape of her neck. “And we have moved immediately to a more organized world government based response than from what I'm reading you have managed. Likely because so long passed and so many singular heros appeared and were not approached.”

Friday brought up holos of Daredevil, Luke Cage, Danny Rand, Jessica Jones. “We do have a ‘reserve’ team as you call it but they have requested to focus on very narrow scale of threats. But they are known and operate in a fashion with oversite.”

Spider-Man? Friday cocked her head, The only true villain he has faced knows his identity, and has publicly disavowed knowledge of it.” Friday shook her head, “Honor, Mr. Stark keeps an eye on him in jail but the Vulture has made it clear he's not talking to anyone no matter the price.”

“I think your terrorists have more compunctions than ours. The difference is scale yes. But we've had purely human bombings destroy city blocks to avenge the imprisonment of a leader.” Friday spread her heads. “Who knows which world is ‘better’ they are very different for all that they seem to share so many similarities.”