41 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 154
Wanda just gave him a droll look, “Old fashioned, not old.”

No Tony in no world she could imagine was subtle or anything other than larger than life. Oh she knew him long enough to know the pain, vulnerability, heartbreak behind the mask...but to be fair everyone who lived long enough under the cape broke. If they didn't start that way.

“He got better.” Wanda downed her shot, raising it in tribute to their mistakes. “I wasn't...completely sane or completely under my own control when it happened but that's not an excuse.” Wanda shivered the visceral memory of blonde hair and bow string callused hands gliding over her skin awoken. “He forgave me.”

Steve chose that moment to drop his own bombshell; Wanda’s mouth dropped open in shock, “My Vision is based off the a man named Simon Williams. Wonder man.” Wanda poured herself a shot not using her magic to dilute the effects. “Vision-” she began hand not shaking, “ex husband and father of my boys.” Wanda shot back the drink making a small sound at the burn. “And I can't say I ever looked at Jarvis like that.”
Marvel-MCU

88 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 130
Tower of Wonder

Steve rolled his eyes at Wanda. It wasn’t something he did often, but he knew how; he’d seen it done toward him plenty of times by Tony and Clint. Who would have thought they’d be such good teachers? (Truth of the matter was that Steve had learned long ago in the 40’s but it wasn’t likely that any of his old friends would believe that anyway.) “So Tony likes to say.”

Tony Stark and subtle had no reason to be used in the same sentence unless there was a negative between them. Like: ‘Tony Stark is not subtle.’ That would work. But honestly, Steve liked how bold and brash the other man was. He couldn’t imagine him any other way. He wouldn’t want to.

He got better. The man had died, and he got better?? How did that even work? But he forgave her. “Of course he did. Clint’s sort of like that. He’s been mind controlled, after all, so he does understand. Most of the time.” Steve wasn’t sure if Clint was over the civil war thing or not, though, not really.

Wonder man? Simon Williams? These were names that Steve didn’t know. And just as he was going to ask for more information about them, Wanda mentioned being married to Vision and having children with him… Steve took the drink she’d poured for him and threw it back. Yeah, this stuff was definitely working; he could feel it. It was so nice… It had been awhile since he’d had anything that could affect him like this, “Well, I never had the honor, as I said. But I never looked at the JARVIS I knew, or Vision like that. Thanks.” He gave her a smile that had no venom in it and instead had a warmth. “You know, I think I like you better than the Wanda I know from home. She’s much angrier than you are.”

“That’s not going away anytime soon.”
Marvel-616-1

41 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Age dearheart. Your Wanda is still a child it seems. And she's lost her twin-” Wanda shook her head, dark curls falling around her face. “Your lucky that all she is is angry.”

Wanda poured them both another shot, the single full power shot of Liquor affecting her much harder. “I rewrote reality when my Pie was killed.” She muttered sliding down to rest her cheek on the bar top.

“So yay for self control!” Wanda clinked her glass on his eyeballing it suspiciously flaring her power over it before throwing it back.

“I've seen a lot of worlds Stebe.” She slurred “Some where you and I were married, some where I was happy…” she sighed. “It's all fluid.”
Marvel-MCU

88 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

Age. Steve nodded, “You’re not wrong. She’s an adult, but only just so. And she’s lost everything. I’m not saying she’s wrong to be angry. Just that she is. A lot. And she blames too much on Tony.”

Steve continued to keep pace with her, amazed that something could manage to make him feel this way. It had been so long… It was nice, to let go of the stiff control and discipline he always had. “That’s… Sort of scary. I’m not sure my Wanda can do that. I hope not. Unless… Could she send me back, you think? To just after the Triskelion fell? I could… I could have told Tony. About his parents. About Bucky. I could have not lied to him. Maybe things would have turned out differently.” He paused, “I have what I did, Wanda. I always told Tony not to keep secrets from us, and then I went and kept an important one from him.”

When her power flared around her drink, Steve’s eyes went wide and he pointed to her, “You… You’re cheating! That’s not fair!”

Worlds where they were married? “Were we happy? When we were married? Was… Were Tony and I happy in that world where we were? Where he was a woman? Were there any worlds where everyone was okay? Happy?”

Marvel-616-1

41 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“If your not cheating you're not trying!” She snerked at him, “and ‘it's not cheating if you win.” Wanda pointed a finger at him “Lessons from you and. Tony.” Of course that was combat lessons where anything went.

“Or rather Tony and you respectively. And of course I am! This stuff gets the Hulk drunk!” Wanda chuckled.

Worlds where they were happy? “I tried!! You and Sharon had a baby! Tony and Rumiko where married! But noooooo Logan had to show everyone that it wasn't ‘right’.” Her fingers twitched to make the quotes.

“Yes I mean..there has to be ones where we are...right?” Wanda brushed her finger tips over his cheek, “I suppose you and your Wanda don't have a relationship? Can't say I never wondered..”
Marvel-MCU

88 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

Steve laughed at the statement Wanda gave him. Honestly, he didn’t mind that she was ‘cheating’ but he had wanted to point it out to her. “I don’t know, Wanda, I think I’m still winning. I’m still sitting upright, at least.”

Tony and him. Of course, because they had likely been the ones to train Wanda when she was a new Avenger. “It does? Certainly seems to work on me, too. How potent is this stuff?” Steve was more relaxed right now than he had been in.. What? A year? Almost two? Maybe even since Ultron, and that had been a long while back. When had he grown so stiff? There had been times that he’d relaxed, with the Avengers, he knew that. They’d been a family, and it was easier to relax with your family than it was any other time.

Sharon and he had had a baby. Steve flinched and blanched, “And I was happy?” And who the hell was Rumiko? A baby?! With Sharon… “With Sharon Carter?!” He didn’t even know how to process that! He liked Sharon, she was alright, sure, but married, with a baby? That was a little out of his ken at the moment.

“Logan who?”

Has to be ones where we are. That didn’t sound all that promising, really. “A relationship? No? I mean, she’s so young… And I think she and Vision… Have something. Or had something. Before the… The media calls it a civil war. It ripped us apart, Vision sided with Tony, and Wanda came with us… So I’m not sure if they are even in contact anymore. Or want to be.”

Marvel-616-1

41 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Yes Sharon Carter.” How potent? She pretty much answered it with the ‘hulk gets plastered on it’ answer.

“Wait you're not with her? I mean maybe that's yet to happen?” Wanda frowned at the confusing nature of the multiverses.

“Yes! That was the point! Everyone being happy! So they'd leave me and my family alone!” Wanda poured another drink for them both. “Hey hey! Hulk drunk, it's a testament tommy stamina that I'm not on the floor after a double!”

“Logan Logan! Woliverine!-” Wanda lifted her fist with a snikt noise “I'm the best at what I do!” She growled in an imitation of the crotchety mutant.

“Vision is gonna break her heart, better now than when she makes the babies.”
Marvel-MCU

88 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

Sharon Carter. Peggy’s… Steve flinched again.

Yet to happen? Steve flinched once more, “Um, I’m not sure… We… Kissed. But I’m not sure… Things sort of went to hell after that, and honestly, I’m not looking for that sort of relationship with her.”

If everyone had been happy, then why had someone ruined it? Why not just let it be? I mean, the idea of being married to and having a child with Sharon Carter was a little… Disconcerting, but if he’d been happy, then who was he to complain? “Yes it is. I haven’t been this drunk in ages, Wanda.” He was relaxed, his eyes starting to lose focus, warmth coursing through him with each new shot. It felt nice. No wonder Tony enjoyed drinking as much as he did.

Logan. Woliverine? He shook his head, “I don’t know him.” The sound she made and the statement, neither rang a bell with Steve. “Sorry. I take it I’m missing out?”

Vision would break her heart. Steve pointed at Wanda, “You don’t know that! We don’t know that! I’m not with Sharon! I don’t want to be. And there’s a universe where Tony is a woman and we get married! So maybe Vision won’t break Wanda’s heart this time!” He had to hope. He had to.

Marvel-616-1

41 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Steve looked a little sick at the thought, well hell apparently he and Sharon weren't a thing. Mutiverese they be fucked up.

“Howling Commandos?” She offered curious now if he differed that much, “Logan was one for a bit...long lived bastard.” She was very..neutral on the subject of him, they fought together but he also never really trusted her it seemed.

“Bet Tony is a sexy woman.” Wanda chuckled, “Does your Wanda magic annoy him? He hates magic so much…” happy with Jarvis Vision? “Maybe, for her sake.”

Wanda sighed “So if not Sharon who's raises your flag?” Wanda tettered at the bad joke.
Marvel-MCU

88 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

Peggy was a woman Steve had loved. Sharon was her grand-niece. That just straight up did not feel right. In the moment, Steve hadn’t thought, but after… Well, he’d had plenty of time to think about it.

Steve actually brightened at the mention of the Commandos. He considered it. There had been more than a few commandos, really, but after a moment he shook his head, “I don’t think I knew a Commando named Logan. Dum Dum, Pinky, Sam… But not a Logan.” Long lived. Well, Steve could understand that, now couldn’t he?

Tony a sexy woman. Honestly, Steve imagined that Tony would be attractive no matter the universe, no matter the gender. Tony had a certain energy to him that he brought along with him wherever he went, no matter what he was doing, and that was what cleaved people to him. That energy. “Well, me, or some version of me in some other universe, certainly seemed to think so.” He laughed, and then shook his head, “Wanda is an enhanced, what she does isn’t magic.” He closed his eyes, sitting back in his seat, “If things are ever put to right and they can see each other again. And if they decide to give things a whirl. Can’t blame either of them if it doesn’t work that way, but I have hope.”

Marvel-616-1

41 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“I knew Dum Dum-” Wanda mimed a bowler hat, “good man-” Wanda laughed, “flirt even at seventy something.” Wanda smiled at him catching that the reference to his friends didn't hurt.

“Enhanced?” Oh that must be his universes word for mutant, it was...nicer. “We call them mutants.” Wanda relaxed her control letting her mutation play out visibly “my mutation came first, magic came later.” Yawning she let her power pour them the next shot. “Probability manipulation was my first hexes.”

Wanda poked his hand with her glass, “I notice you didnt answer me, common talk to aunty Wanda. Not like I'm gonna tattle right?”
Marvel-MCU

88 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

Wanda had known Dum Dum. Steve grinned, “He was. And I can imagine it, never one to let a pretty lady pass by without letting her know she was pretty.” Sure, the reference stung a little bit, but the memories, they were happy, and while Steve still missed all of them badly, it was good to reminisce.

Enhanced. Mutants. Steve gave half a shrug, not really certain. “I think I like enhanced better.” he spoke the words with a small, smile. Like Wanda, Steve thought it was a nicer word. Mutations and magic. “Did you go to Hydra for your… Mutation… Like our Wanda did?” Strucker. She was speaking to things he didn’t know. “Our Wanda, she can do things… With her mind.” He motioned to Wanda’s power, the traces of it that he could see, “Looks like that, mostly.”

He swirled the liquid in the shot glass before he downed it. It had been a long damn time since he’d felt like this. He shook his head, “I didn’t answer because there’s not an answer, Wanda. There isn’t anyone. But I don’t fancy Sharon that way, either.”

Marvel-616-1

41 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Hydra? Wanda visibly stiffened, “No.” what the hell were the differences between them? “I'm a roma and ethnically Jewish. No I've been fighting those nazi mother fuckers since before I was an Avenger. Even my Father the supervillian punched Red Skull in his smirking face.” Who...what world existed where Wanda Maximoff took help from hydra.

Wanda gave him a hard look, “Please tell me you are not that different. Tell me you're not Hydra Captain America.”

“I was born with my mutation, that's what being a mutant means. Homo Superior, a new genetic offshoot of homo sapien. Everyone has different powers.” Perhaps enhanced weren't mutants after all.

“Steve...you said you've been awake 8 years..that's longer than you were in the war right?” Unless their world war lasted longer. “What's stopping you?”
Marvel-MCU

88 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

“Oh thank goodness.” Not all Wanda’s seemed the same, at least. No Hydra. He looked up to ask if they had a Hydra where she was from, but she beat him to it by answering the question without it ever being given voice.

Hydra Captain America? Steve blinked, horror blooming on his face slowly at the implication, “Oh heavens no, Wanda!” He reached up to scrub his face, shaking his head in disbelief and horror. “No, I am not Hydra.” He winced, “But I can understand your need to ask. So much of SHIELD turned out to be Hydra in my world…”

Born with her mutation. Steve frowned, “I don’t know about mutations or mutants, then… The enhanced, they are… I don’t even know, exactly. Von Strucker was the one who gave Wanda and Pietro Maximoff their abilities in my world. Using the Scepter. Like your mutants, every enhanced person seems to have different abilities. You with your mind...stuff… And Pietro was fast. So fast.” But not fast enough, in the end. The thought sobered Steve slightly, and he looked at his empty shot glass, “We seem more different than alike in so many ways.”

He considered her question, “Well, I’d been Captain America for 8 years. Three during the war, and 5 since I woke up.” He shrugged, “Just haven’t found the right one yet, I guess? And now I’m a fugitive, so there’s not all that much to offer anyone. Again.” Because hadn’t that been the case before the serum, too? Seems life just circled back around.

Marvel-616-1

41 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Wanda's eyebrows rose at his throwaway line, “Why am I getting the feeling that instead of skrull in your world you have Hydra everywhere?” Because really SHEILD as Hydra? “My Tony was the director for a few years there. Least worst choice I think was his logic. Considering it was him or Osborn or god help us Reed or Ross.”

Wanda shook her head listening to the explanation “I wonder if we have anything but name in common..” fast- “yes. Quicksilver. My brother is the fastest man alive in my universe. And I...I do much more than ‘mind stuff.’ Though I am no telepath.”

Wanda just gave steve a look, sighing, “Steve I have no idea who's on your team but based on mine? I doubt anyone would object to giving you a leg over.” Wanda poured him another. Shot. “And long term? Don't be alone. Trust me. It...it only gets harder the longer you live with out love.” The ache in her voice echoed the burnt and broken places in her heart.
Marvel-MCU

88 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

When speaking of SHIELD and Hydra, there was never really a throwaway line. But he wasn’t sure if Wanda even had a SHIELD on her world. Definitely had a Hydra, though. And she wasn’t a fan. Good! “I’m not sure what skrull are… We have… Well, we have Hydra, and we have the Chitauri.” He sighed, “And I know that Tony has a few enemies, too. He defeated the Mandarin and Aldrich on his own.” He paused then gave a small shrug, “Mostly. Pepper and Colonel Rhodes helped.” Rhodes. Tony’s best friend, and he… He was dead. Steve’s face flickered between emotions; loss (not all his own, but it still hurt), anger, and self loathing, all in rapid succession before it settled back into the face she recognized; quiet stoicism. “Tony was the director of SHIELD?” God help them… But… “Not the worst choice, not by far. Tony’s a good man, and he’s smart.” He didn’t know who Osborn or Reed were, but, “General Ross?” Steve winced, “Thank god not him.”

Steve had no love for that man. None at all.

Anything in common… “Well, Wanda is intelligent. And driven. But she’s young, and she’s made some mistakes.” It was nice to think that not every version of her was the angry, wounded woman he knew. That maybe she could have had a better life in some other reality. It was a nice idea, anyway. “Well, I’d say that is a well deserved title for the Pietro I knew, too. I don’t think the Wanda I know is a telepath, no, but… She can do… Things.”

A leg over. Steve blinked at Wanda, “I’m… Honestly, Wanda? I’m not looking for anything that… Casual.” The shot that Wanda poured him was welcomed, and with the topic they were discussing, necessary. “I don’t want to be alone. I just want… I don’t know. Something good. Stable.” He sighed, “Doesn’t seem to be how the world works these days, I know, but I am who I am.”

Marvel-616-1

41 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Wanda caught the rapid fire emotional turmoil playing over steve's expression, “You ok?” She knew the answer for sure as sure wasn't ‘yes’ it was just a question of if he'd admit to it.

‘Things.’ She'd ask for more defined answer but Wanda had the idea that the other Wanda's powers weren't defined fully yet.

“Steve…” Wanda shook her head, “not everything has to start with love, sometimes just spending the hours intimate with someone...well even if it doesn't grow into romance it's still a deeper connection than friendship.”

"Stability doesn't have to mean wedding bells."
Marvel-MCU

88 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

Was he okay? The loss wasn’t as deep for him as it had to have been for Tony. God, losing Rhodes like that… Friday hadn’t actually ever said that Tony wasn’t suicidal. She’d only said he was no more than usual, and that in and of itself wasn’t all that reassuring. Knowing what he knew now… “It’s not… I’m just worried about someone else, sorry, Wanda.”

Steve really didn’t know how to better describe what it was that Wanda could do. His Wanda, anyway. Or rather, the Wanda he knew. So, it was things.

Not everything has to start with love. Steve looked at Wanda for a long moment, letting her speak, and actually listening. Sure, sometimes he had a bad habit of only half listening, of absorbing what he thought was important in a conversation and letting the rest fall away, but he was trying to do better. Tony had tried to talk to him, and Steve hadn’t listened, not as much as he should have.

”Stability doesn’t have to mean wedding bells.”

“I know that, Wanda. But it shouldn’t have to preclude it, either. I’m not looking for marriage, anyway, not until I, and whoever I happen to find, is ready if ever, but…” Steve sighed, his head tipping forward, “But I’d prefer it to mean something more than someone being there for me, or because we’re friends. I’m not looking for one night stands or…” He shrugged, “I don’t know. What’s wrong with wanting an actual relationship?”

Marvel-616-1

41 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Hummm sounds familiar...villain of the week sort of thing vs actual threat.” Wanda explained, waving a hand absently.

“Wanna talk about it? She offered the opening, after all what else were they doing?

“Nothing.” She agreed immediately, “but in our line of work...love at first sight is hard.” She sighed, “all i’m saying what's so wrong with being friends first?” Wanda smiled, “Sweetheart. Love, friendship, they live very close to each other. One shouldn't exist with out the other. I'm not saying pick up a a random girl that just likes you for your amazing eight pack, but how about someone that liked you or would like you with out them?”

Wanda sighed grumpily forcing concentration to produce an illusion, “You lost the serum for a few years, became director of shield your self. Didn't change who you were.”
Marvel-MCU

88 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

Villain of the week? “They almost destroyed us. SHIELD, not Fury, he was trying to call it off, sent a nuke in to Manhattan. If not for Iron Man, a lot more people would have died.” He frowned, “Tony almost died doing what he did.” They’d thought, for a moment, that Tony had sacrificed himself… “We’d all only met… Something like 24 hours or so prior. Well, some of us had met each other. Natasha and Clint, Tony knew Natasha… I knew… Fury. Tony knew about Banner, but they hadn’t actually met…” He sighed, “None of us had met Thor before. It was… A really long day.”

Did he want to talk about it? He shook his head, “Not really.” It wasn’t even his thing to talk about. Rhodes was dead. He knew that were he to run into the man, he’d likely get punched, likely in the face or a softer place, but that didn’t mean that Steve had any problems with the Colonel. Hell, Steve had felt awful about what had happened in the airport. Hard to keep tabs, but he’d watched the media to see what he could hear. About Rhodes, Tony, Pepper, Vision, Happy, that kid from Queens… But while he felt the loss of Col. Rhodes, he knew his sense of loss was nothing compared to Tony’s. The man had died for Tony, and that… Steve knew it would weigh on the genius’ shoulders forever.

“I’m not sure I really believe in love at first sight. Attraction, definitely. But love… I think that takes time and familiarity.” Friendship, he’d agree that that was a good foundation for love, yes. He gave Wanda a small, sad smile, “I’m not sure there’s really anyone that fits that bill, Wanda. Once, maybe, if we were to go back a year or two, but now?” He shook his head, “The friends I have in Wakanda, most of them are unhappy if not with me directly, then it’s because of my decisions, the ones I regret, that they are unhappy. And the one that probably isn’t… Well, not only is he in cryo, but he’s a brother to me.”

Lost the serum? Steve blinked, remembering the small, sickly young man he’d been before Project Rebirth, and shook his head, “No, I don’t suppose it did. But probably changed how others saw me, how they treated me. How they felt about me.”