Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: SuneGraphic Sexual Content Surprise!
D&D/None/All-All

99 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 834
Sune had thought long and hard about whether or not she wanted to trust this other God- certainly Adhira was a Goddess of motherhood- but that didn't mean she didn't hold venom. Sune knew that if she did decide to trust this seemingly random gift- something far greater than she had offered them- she would be absolutely crushed if it turned out to be false. The Goddess of love had kept her distance from her mortal children- which was painful enough- but to grow close to a child and then see them age and die... Sune didn't know if she was strong enough to face that.

But love was always a leap of faith- and oh she wanted this desperately. Just enough so that she was willing to put aside her concerns, and focus on getting the one thing that had always been missing from her life. A proper family.

With a determined nod, she retwined her focus with the part of her that was sighing Arjay's name in pleasure. Each roll of his hips against hers had her gripping his shoulders tighter as she approached the edge. Biting back another moan as he thrusted up into her, she gave him a smile. Of all the lovers she could have chosen- she had absolutely no doubts about this one. The music he made, the smile that she adored- Sune may not have yet decided to raise him as her exarch- but she did know that she could ask for nothing better than to have a child that would be the best of both of them. Even if she decided to leave Arjay mortal, she would have a piece of their love always. She tensed up as she came closer to her climax and whimpered ever so slightly before she forced her mouth to make words.

"Arjay, will you father a child with me?"
Dungeons and Dragons-Forgotten Realms

283 Posts
19 Threads
Job: Bard
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 850
There were some moments when men were, decidedly, the weaker sex. Arjay knew this as well as any self-aware man might. There were moments when they could be decidedly foolish over subjects that one had no right being foolish about. There were times when they acted without thinking in ways that made women roll their eyes for good reason. If there were one time, though, that Arjay would have to say that they were weaker than any other creature in creation, it was when they were at the height of lovemaking, when they would say or do literally anything to not end the moment.

The question she asked was one that bore serious consideration. For one thing, Arjay had gone this long in his life without fathering a child, and that was because he had serious reservations about his suitability to be a father. For another, while he would never doubt his place in Sune’s heart, he knew that she would never be solely his. Trying to be solely his may, in fact, make her begin to wither (or at least one theory went). To have a child with her anyway would be to complicate any hope he might have harbored about finding someone who would solely be his. On the other hand, he was a very devout follower of the Goddess of Love, and when she made a request, and such a serious request at that, to be the one that request was asked of was one of the highest honors one could attain.

However, at that moment, Arjay was gazing up at the rapturously beautiful goddess, who was riding him to the brink of climax. Even in the past moment when he’d first entered her, he would have been hard pressed to give any matter serious thought. Now, though, as their pleasure mounted, as he peered up intently at her fiery hair swirling around her, at the sheen of sweat over her breasts that made them glisten in the candlelight, at the look of wild, passionate abandon in her eyes… at that moment, only one answer came to his mind, and while it was one that he would have come to quite rationally given time to think about it, it was also the answer that, if he were honest, he probably would have given any woman he loved in that moment who so unfairly sprung a question like that mere seconds before it was relevant (at least, for any man who didn’t religiously take his cassil herbs every few days, which Arjay did). “Of course I will.”
D&D/None/All-All

99 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune was getting to be rather used to how Arjay managed to react without fully processing a situation- but so help her if it didn't make her want to giggle every time. Knowing what was in his mind meant that she knew exactly how surprised he was by the question, and how little he thought about his answer.

Having foresight meant that she was confident in his answer anyways. Enough so that with mere moments to spare she laid her hands on his chest and flushed the herbs from his system. Then she let her mind return to the task at hand and rode him until she lost her mind. In the mean time, it was her turn to appreciate the way her lover looked at that moment. Utterly debauched- and with a a look on his face that told her, more than any others had, how beautiful he thought she was. In body and mind. For a final act, she once again opened the floodgates of her love for him to know exactly how she felt.

Sune didn't want him to mistake the tears misting her eyes in the slightest- but she was too happy to prevent them. "Arjay!" She cried softly as she fell from the edge, her fingers gripping at his skin in ways that she knew could bruise him, her mind going blissfully blank for at least the current moment. Once she ensured that he had likewise finished, she stopped her bouncing and revelled in the knowledge that she would be with child shortly.

Returning her attention to him once again, she smiled and kissed him even as a few tears rolled down her face from sheer joy. "Oh I'm so glad." Sune whispered quietly, laying down flat on top of him and nuzzling into his neck. "I am sorry for startling you, but I simply did not wish to wait." She added, her smile becoming more mischievous as she waited for him to find words.

283 Posts
19 Threads
Mike

Merciful gods, if this was the result he got, he’d have to promise to impregnate a goddess every day.

He knew that what she did was partly godly magic (and in his opinion, if you had it, you flaunted it, because why the hell shouldn’t you?), but most of it was just pure carnal skill. A lesser, and less pius, man might begin to explore the implications of that, and the idea of simply how many partners she’d had, and drawn it to a logical and somewhat unflattering conclusion, but Arjay was not that man. This was his goddess, and there was no getting around the fact that he was privileged to have her in his bed, to feel the undeniable, divine fact of her love.

When he was attentive, he could feel the rush of magic when it was used to cure him (and in the most technical sense, purging something that was inhibiting the natural function of his body was a cure). In that moment, however, he was most definitely not attentive to anything except the feel of her flesh and the movement of her hips. He didn’t care that he was going to be sore tomorrow, he didn’t care that she’d leave marks on him… honestly why should he care about that, when right now this was feeling so amazing? He reached up, twining his fingers into her hair and pulling her down to him, kissing her passionately and effectively muffling the loud groan of pleasure that he let out as all of the myriad sensations overwhelmed him.

The moment passing, their bodies losing their grips upon each other, Arjay slid his fingers down her spine as he felt his pulse begin to relax, and he could swear that he could almost feel her own easing as well. He regarded her for a moment, one more little fact about his goddess-turned-lover coming to light. “Strange,” he remarked, an amused smile touching his lips, “I’d have thought that you would have been ready for my answer. I wouldn’t have imagined that you were used to hearing the word ‘no’ from any man on any subject.” And, of course, that brought his thoughts around full circle to the request that he had agreed to while giving the matter absolutely no consideration.

It was, of course, a humbling prospect. She was a goddess who could choose from any man on myriad worlds, but she wanted him to father a child with her. In the religious, realm-affecting case, there would be a quasi-deity that arose half from him. In the more personal case… he would be a father.

Merciful goddess. There would be a deity that would arise partly shaped by his ability to be a parent. That was a sobering thought.

“Well,” he mused, stroking his knuckles along her cheek, marveling at the unnatural softness of her skin, “I suppose that if you don’t want to wait, we’ll have to get started as soon as we can.” Which, as he did the mental math, would be in at least three days, at most five, although if he could get his hands on the right ingredients, a remedy would cut away the problem of his temporary infertility immediately.
D&D/None/All-All

99 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune flushed slightly despite herself- she was not embarrassed to be nervous almost any time- but with this situation, and with the person beside her... Sune had wanted to be extra certain. "You underestimate how much confidence foresight brings. With a request like this, since it had not occurred to you as a possibility, I had very little idea of what your response would be." She explained, tracing her finger along the muscles of his chest.

She listened quietly to the words in his mind as he started processing what she had asked. Her own heart was beating near free of her chest with sheer excitement and she had to bury her head in his neck to muffle the giggles that started leaving her mouth.

"It certainly isn't the first time I have been one, but I don't know that I've ever been so excited to be a mother." She murmured for him, it seemed only fair that he get a chance to know her thoughts as well. "Our child will be immortal." Sune added, as it occurred to her that he may wish to know that. "My only ever living child." She finished, her breath falling to what could be described as a reverent whisper, somehow afraid that if she spoke louder it would become untrue.

And then he was thinking about how to clear the herbs from his system and his Goddess threw her head back with a laugh. "What a compliment that is. I had all of your attention to the point that you didn't even notice me remove the cassil from your system. It's already done Arjay. Combined with divine magic, it is only a matter of time before I am with child." She explained, smile stretching across her face as it truly set in that she would be pregnant soon.

Sune rolled on top of him again and stole his lips for her own. "We are going to have a child, beloved." She whispered to him, her divinity flaring from happiness.

283 Posts
19 Threads
Mike

…Already done?

Arjay’s eyes went wide, a sudden surge of reflexive panic going through his mind at the realization that a woman had bedded him and neutralized his… ‘preparations’ without him realizing it. It was a reaction born of years of making sure that no woman had done specifically that… and it quickly died away as rational thought interjected that he had just agreed to do exactly that. Chuckling quietly and feeling somewhat foolish for the sudden start he gave, he sank back into the mattress, his fingertips still teasing at her neck.

“You know,” he said dryly, “Usually when a woman says she wants a baby, it promises at least a week of effort to put in. You really shouldn’t think that I’m going to just take your word for it that it’s worked the very first time.” Granted… that wasn’t particularly a needed comment. His goddess was quite as insatiable as he could be, but he couldn’t just let the jape go unmade.

He was going to be the father of a divine scion. That was an incredibly powerful concept to take in, so powerful that he actually dodged away from the idea for a moment to lock onto another question that occurred to him. “Why?” he asked. “That is… why would only this one be immortal?” The question seemed reasonable to him, after all. “I mean, I admit that I’m not an expert on divine reproduction involving mortals, except for now having an intimate acquaintance with the method, but can’t they be immortal just because you wish them to be? Mystra generally makes it seem like that, with all of her little pets that never seem to go away.” Granted, those that he’d met, he generally liked, of course. Elminster had been an amiable enough houseguest, and Storm had been of quite a like mind with him when she’d been a part of his Harper cell. It didn’t change the fact that they hadn’t seemed to age, and Elminster was at least a millennia old.
D&D/None/All-All

99 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune bit her lip to smother the giggles that fell from her throat when she heard his thoughts. Even though he agreed, and had started planning, it still startled him to be suddenly fertile. Just out of pure enjoyment of him and his company, she stole another kiss from his lips. Then he went to tease her and Sune grinned and purred slightly in reply, her mind switching abruptly from joy so profound she was moved to tears to the incredible love she held for this man. And as much as he liked all expressions of said affection, she knew he was also fond of her passion. Nipping at his ear, her idle tracing of his skin turned to her hands splayed across his chest as she breathed a whisper into his ear. "You're absolutely right. And there's no harm in being extra certain."

Sune smirked and stretched in a way that put all of her on display- a bit of inspiration for him to hold on to.

Then his mind was stuttering from the fact that he was going to be a father of a divine child. Sune was more than happy to take the question he offered in an opportunity to distract him for a moment. She smiled at him and made certain to keep eye contact. "I can certainly offer, but as you know, I do not make choices for others." Sune paused, her eyes sad but proud. "And no child of mine has ever chosen immortality over love."

Dropping her gaze slightly she sighed. "It is one thing to be raised an immortal, our child will know from the beginning that they are ever living, it is another thing to be raised mortal and build bonds with others only to be told that should you wish it, you could outlive all of them." Sune shook her head slightly, her heart heavy and eyes misty for an entirely different reason than joy. "I loved them too much to take that away- After a while, it just becomes easier to remain outside of their life and watch from afar."

Her voice had dropped to a whisper as she laid the truth out for him, before clearing her throat and smiling again. "But, with you, you understand that you enjoy what you have. Regardless of what the future holds. Hopefully it will be easier on all three of us for that." Sune's smile grew as it became real and she pressed a sweet kiss to his lips. "And, I can think of no one I would rather face this with."

283 Posts
19 Threads
Mike

There were very few things that could bother him so much that a kiss from his Goddess could not banish them from his mind, and this certainly wasn’t one of them. Arjay returned the kiss tenderly, his hand cupping her thigh and pulling her a bit higher on his body to get a more satisfying lock on her mouth. Being extra certain… yes, that was always best. “You know, the humans say something like ‘hope for the best, plan for the worst,’ and this feels like the sort of thing they refer to, but somehow it just doesn’t fit the situation, does it?” he asked, smiling against her lips, so close to her that he could see those captifying eyes up close, so purely green that he wanted to compare them to emeralds, only to find that comparison to come up wanting. He still had trouble believing that he deserved this, although he knew (from experience) that she would argue very fiercely against that thought entering his mind.

Her answer made sense to him, he supposed. He knew all too well the pain of losing one’s love, either to the ravages of time or the ravages of violence. “Did you offer to make their loves remain alive with them?” he asked, still curious. It seemed almost impudent to be prying into her more delicate memories, but at the same time, they seemed to have passed the point where that was a distinction he needed to make. Nine hells, he’d just impregnated her, he obviously deserved to know her life (if you could call it that) a bit better. After all… this was the child she wanted to remain involved with, to have a family with. And he was the one she had chosen to be the father. “I suppose I can understand. People always seem so shocked that I don’t have an army of half-elven offspring across Faerun. I was always careful not to do exactly that, because watching a child grow old still so quickly….” He shook his head, kissing her lightly again. He was going to be the last one to judge her for withdrawing from her children’s lives.

“I do believe that this child will be doted on quite thoroughly. And yes… I believe I can help her understand how to deal with having such a longer life than those around her. Although if she is able to live in Brightwater, I’d assume it would be a bit easier to deal with? When some of those who pass simply pass into your home forever, I suppose parting needn’t happen, yes?”
D&D/None/All-All

99 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune gave him a soft smile in reward for his reply, pressing another kiss to his mouth simply because she could. Sometimes when with Arjay, it was hard to comprehend why she could have ever waited to be with him- though her reasons had been sound. Every now and then she marvelled at the love she shared with him. In truth, most who she had chosen, she had seen grown up to the point that they were the closest thing she had to family. Friends. It was rare that she ever wanted to take them as a lover.

Yet here she was, gazing into his eyes, and unwilling to repress her smile. "Hope for the best- plan for the best?" She offered as an alternative, eyes near closed with the distance her smile stretched across her face.

Sune did of course hear his quiet wondering over how he deserved this, which did dampen her smile slightly. But she was not going to ruin the afternoon by trying to force him to accept that she adored him, and only she was allowed to decide who was worthy of her. Instead she leaned up to kiss his brow, confident he would see the affection in the gesture.

Sune sighed. "I did. The first few times- but then the person they loved would outlive the people they loved and on and on until it became such that if I wanted to have my child stay with me, whole and alive. I would have to grant immortality to entire settlements." She explained, resting her forehead against his in an effort to not let the heavy thoughts get the better of her. "Please, ask any questions you wish. It seems only fair, I know everything there is to know about you, I would be happy for you to know everything about me."

She nodded slightly at his inference. "In a way yes, but the dead see time so differently. At the beginning they are as active as they were as mortals, but as time passes and it sets into them that they have no end here, that their time need not be hurried, they can get a bit... Lost." She explained awkwardly. "I have had loved ones come to me, full of energy, and then it fades until there are thousands of lifetimes between the times they wish to see me." She offered, eyes closing with the need to repress her tears from being separated for so long from those she adored.

283 Posts
19 Threads
Mike

Hope for the best, plan for the best. That sounded about right. “It’s rather pleasant when there are no bad options, isn’t it?” he teased, tracing his fingertips slowly up the back of her thighs, trying to memorize the contour of her skin by touch. Even if he could never remember it, it was always worth the effort, right?

All the same, something rankled him slightly as she answered him, and he didn’t have to think hard to see what it was. “Please, stop reading my thoughts,” he said, making the request as gentle as he could. “If we’re going to do this, if we’re really doing this, which I know we are, I rather think it needs to be on a bit more… equal footing?” The corners of his lips turned up, a very slight change that somehow reached all the way to his eyes. “It’ll be good practice for you. When our child gets older, nothing would be more infuriating to them than having their thoughts known at all times by their parent.” Looking up at her curiously, he began considering the matter from another angle. Being mortal had its limitations, but being divine wasn’t necessarily without its drawbacks as well. “Have you ever really needed to ask someone what they were thinking? What was wrong, what they wanted? Anything?” It was, after all, half the joy of conversation, being able to be surprised by the turns it took. Had she never experienced that?

The explanation of the dead in Brightwater made him frown slightly, considering it. It was… sad, naturally, and more than a little troubling. “Perhaps they don’t feel they have anything new left to offer you?” he suggested, somewhat helplessly. “It’s… a troubling thought, to think that you have nothing to offer someone, particularly someone that you might feel you don’t deserve. It leads to thinking that they must be bored with you, or are pitying you enough to humor your visits.” He turned her face up toward him, not letting her hide her gaze from him. “Or perhaps I’m simply a fool who wants to believe anything if it might bring a smile to the face of his lady. I suppose I’ll simply have to shower you with as much attention as you might possibly desire, won’t I?”
D&D/None/All-All

99 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

As always, his teasing was met with a smile from Sune who wiggled slightly in her position on top of him in way of response. "Absolutely." She purred, knowing that she was more than ready and only waited because she thought that he could use the break- and that these things were important to discuss.

Then she went rather red and looked down in shame. Sune knew that he didn't hate her for having read his mind- but that was the problem, she knew that because she read his mind. To try and shut that off was like plugging your ears, possible, but uncomfortable and unpleasant. Still she scrunched up her nose and tried to keep her mind free of his. "I'm sorry." She offered quietly, brow still furrowed with the effort of not listening to his thoughts. "You're right of course, I'd like for us to be on equal footing." She offered softly, trying to smile around trying to focus on everything but his thoughts.

She gave a small shrug in reply to his next question. "Only with other deities- but with mortals? Never. I... Didn't exactly have someone telling me the right way to do things. I've never known a reason to not use all that I have- to not read minds is akin to trying not to hear a conversation beside you. Even if I try, I still get pieces filtered in." Sune's smile turned sad as she started humming in her mind to try and drown out his thoughts. "Most mortals don't see me enough to care. Most deities learn to shelter their thoughts."

This conversation was turning decidedly from the joy she had felt only moments before, to sadness. Something she didn't want to happen, so she focused on the fact that she was going to be a mother- Sune was going to have a child with a man she adored. She took a deep breath and smiled softly at Arjay. "Perhaps you are right-" She started before he finished his statement, which did properly bring a smile to her face. "Your lady, hmm?" Sune purred in response, before kissing him again. "Okay." She said simply, resting her head against his again and letting her eyes close as she revelled in the simply joy of loving and being loved.

283 Posts
19 Threads
Mike

And there was the problem with saying no to someone who hadn’t been told no by a mortal in aeons. There wasn’t really any frame of reference to gauge the seriousness of a supposed offense. However much he might wish for her to not be able to know his answers before he gave them, it didn’t bother him enough to warrant the shame he saw on her face. It was slmost criminal, really, to see such a lovely face touched by such an unpleasant feeling.

Still, she did have one part of the answer there, or at least a possible answer, he supposed. “Well, if it’s a divine ability to be able to shield your thoughts from other gods, you could just grant me that power,” he suggested, chuckling quietly. Once again, it was something that he would have thought amazingly bold to ask weeks before, but now? Now it seemed to be a positively trivial request. It wasn’t like he was asking her for his own mansion in Brightwater, he was just asking for his own mind. The fact that this would likely protect his mind from other things was just a fringe benefit.

When she called him on the very presumptive, possessive claim he made of her, he just smiled. “May I remind you that you just took advantage of having me in an extremely distracted state to get me to agree to father a child with you?” he pointed out, smirking cheekily at her. “I believe that entitles me to refer to you as familiarly as I like, love… when we’re alone, at the very least.” He’d understand, of course, needing to maintain a respectful distance in front of other worshipers, other gods, or prospective faithful. Still… he had to wonder what the drawback was going to be. When had he ever had love that didn’t come with some severe loss at the same time?
D&D/None/All-All

99 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune smiled at his advice- her wavering frustrations hanging for just a moment before she made a decision. She did not want to expend any notable amount of the power she was holding in this form- conception had not yet even been completed, but she didn't want to do anything that could jeopardize her ability to carry a healthy child to term. Instead, another avatar stepped into this plane, long blonde hair flowing around her pointed ears as Hanali leaned forward and pressed a kiss to Arjay's forehead.

"We're both very excited Arjay. This child may have some form of reddish hair- but I can't wait to meet them." She whispered to Arjay, even as her magic flowed to form a sort of protective cage around his mind. "Goodbye for now, my love." Hanali offered before vanishing on the spot.

Sune hesitantly loosened her grip on her mind reading, smiling but grimacing at the same time when his thoughts did not sound in her mind. On the one hand, it was exactly what he wanted- and because he wanted it, so did she- on the other hand, it was startling to not have the reassuring echo of his mind apparent to hers. She splaying her hand on his chest automatically, needing to feel his heartbeat as a different indicator of his life. Not that he could have expired without her noticing- but it was more than a little frightening for her to not be absolutely certain of the function of his mind at any given moment.

Sune smiled and grazed his lips lightly with hers. "I wasn't arguing." She hummed in reply, though the way his muscles tensed ever so slightly had her pursing her lips in frustration. It was going to take a lot of getting used to- asking the question she was about to.

"What are you thinking?"

283 Posts
19 Threads
Mike

In complete honesty? Arjay had expected there to be some sort of time to consider his suggestion, and that was if it were not simply declined. He had his own ideas for how to accomplish his desired effect, but then she manifested another avatar simply to accomplish what he’d asked.

Truly, he didn’t deserve this sort of consideration from his goddess. And how he could actually think that without being rebuked for it.

“Thank you,” he said, leaning up to kiss her lightly on the lips. “I can tell that this is… uncomfortable for you. Hopefully it grows less so, I don’t want this to be a source of distress for you.” He nuzzled at her neck, then lightly nipped the hollow of her throat. “Besides, isn’t being surprised by your lovers supposed to be half the fun? Perhaps you’ve been missing out, love,” he teased.

Her need to ask him what he was thinking, of course, both amused him and pleased him. This was how people were supposed to relate to each other, instead of one of them being omniscient to the other’s thoughts and desires. He smiled, lifting her hand off his chest and bringing her fingers to his lips. “Just… reflecting, I suppose. It’s been a rarity when I’ve been permitted to enjoy the joys of love without soon feeling its pain as well. I suppose it makes one a bit fatalistic.” He shrugged apologetically. “What does love that doesn’t end in tragedy feel like? It’s something that I’ve always wondered and never found out. It's as new to me as fatherhood, which makes this doubly frightening."
D&D/None/All-All

99 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune smiled softly when he thanked her, shaking her head in argument. "No need to thank me. Even if today was the last time I saw you until you arrived in Brightwater- your happiness is worth a small amount of discomfort on my part." Sune whispered, fear of such a situation coming to pass stealing her voice away as she spoke. She wanted him to know his child. She wanted their child to know him. Then he was nipping at her throat and she was laughing again.

"Whether I can read your mind or not, you'll still be hard pressed to surprise me- My gift of foresight still enables me to see your actions ahead of time." Sune purred in his ear, lifting her hand as he moved to bring it to his lips as an example. Of course, she rarely looked for small details like that, she rather did enjoy a good surprise, but it was fun sometimes to be prepared and watch the frustration mount at those who still tried to surprise her. Not that she intended too much of that with Arjay.

Just like she was distinctly not looking into the future to know the gender of their child- or truly, any other details about the babe. For the best that Arjay distracted her from her train of thought lest her curiosity get the better of her. The temptation would go down with time- but she almost wanted to just use her magic and have the pregnancy be over already simply so she could know.

Her smile drooped slightly, though it remained. It simply expressed more sadness than it had a moment ago. "Then we shall both be doubly unprepared. I have had platonic loves that have not ended in tragedy- Chosen who have accepted places in my pantheon and the immortality associated- but that is all. As for parenting- well. I mentioned withdrawing from the lives of my children- and I haven't exactly got an example to learn from." She offered with a small wince. It was a point of sadness to her that the only family she had was the one she had made- she would never know the love a child has for their parent, never know what it was to have someone looking out for you, never know the pride that a parent could hold for her successes. And yet, all familial lines had to start somewhere, hers simply started with her. "We will have to learn together." She added with a restrengthening of her very much wavering smile.

She stroked the side of his cheek in an attempt at reassurance. "And if you manage to impart even a fraction of your beautiful heart to our child, I believe you will be an incredible father." Kissing him softly she added a following statement. "I would not have asked you to be father to my child if I did not believe you would be wonderful at it."

283 Posts
19 Threads
Mike

Arjay couldn’t help smiling slightly at the very obvious concern in her voice as she spoke of possibilities that some people would consider all too real. Yes, he definitely needed to distract her, rather than try to argue against those possibilities, because with as many enemies as he’d made? They were very real possibilities. Granted, his enemies tended to be on Toril, not here, which did argue for his risk of passing being much, much less… but to someone who could see all the possibilities of mortality, he probably shouldn’t dwell on the situation.

“Well, I suppose that’s one of the risks of laying with a goddess,” he mused. “All of your mistakes are well prepared for in advance, along with a possible critique of what you might have done wrong and anything you may need to be nagged about…” He couldn’t continue, breaking into a grin and kissing her again. One didn’t need divine foresight to know when the wisdom of one’s ass was bringing them dangerously close to being slapped, even if only playfully.

The Goddess’s little soliloquy answered a few more questions he’d considered asking, and he filed those answers away in his mind. So she had no parents, or at least none she could recall. She hadn’t been mortal, then. Where did goddesses come from when they weren’t raised from mortality, he wondered? He suppose they arose from the forces of the world at times… but maybe he’d find the answer to that question through time if he were patient. “I’ve known many, many people who otherwise couldn’t manage a clever thought between them that managed to raise children competently, at the very least. I think that we’ll manage to raise her well.” No, he didn’t have anything other than an idle feeling about the gender of the baby (which, to be honest, probably hadn’t even been conceived yet. These things did take a bit of time, after all), but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t stop referring to her as a girl. After all, she could no longer just look into his mind… he had to wonder if she’d think he knew somethings he didn’t. The idea was too amusing to not act on. “Although I won’t be sad to not raise the child among my people. I still have yet to regain my patience with the general intolerance and closed-mindedness that reigns there.”
D&D/None/All-All

99 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune knew much better than Arjay what his risks of passing were, had they not been acceptably low, she would have informed him. Of course she was not even remotely thinking this- instead focusing on the movements of his face to try and discern his thoughts. It was... Quiet. In a way she was unused to, not having his mind within her reach.

She did make a face at his reply. "For the most part, knowing my future is incredibly boring. I do try to avoid spoiling it all. I'm just... Not always good at that." She replied with a grin that pretty clearly stated how little she resisted when it came to seeing Arjay's future. "And besides, I'm very capable of nagging regardless of whether I know something is coming or not." She added with a baring of her teeth that lasted only a moment before it returned to her smile.

She laughed at his remark, bumping her nose with his as she returned the remark. "I should rather hope we might do better than mere 'competence.'" Sune held back an unflattering snort as Arjay called their child a she again- Sune didn't know if he was right or wrong, but she was quite certain he didn't either. He had after all, already called their child a female when Sune could still read his mind. She knew there was little more than hope behind the idea.

She sighed slightly at the annoyance he felt about his own people, stroking his temple in an attempt to relax the tension he held. "Then our child shall be as free thinking as you are, and the world will be better for it." Sune replied with a sweet kiss as punctuation. "Or at least partially. I'm not sure I envy your parents their absurd son. No matter how wonderful I find you, I cannot imagine raising you was easy." She added with a poke to his chest.

283 Posts
19 Threads
Mike

There were many problems that Arjay could guess at involving seeing your future, but being boring wasn’t one of them. He supposed he could see that one, but also supposed that it was something you couldn’t truly understand until you were in the situation. And yet she was willing to nag him… “I’m aware how it works, I have been married before,” he joked dryly, offering yet another invitation to be smacked.

When she bumped his nose he caught her lips in a light kiss. “Unfortunately, we aren’t going to be the ones judging ourselves, and even more unfortunately, we have to content ourselves to the fact that our child will, some day, be an adolescent. I fear that no parent can be judged more than ‘competent’ by their offspring at that time, and if our child is immortal, we may have to see them in an adolescent state for quite a long time.” He paused, considering it, “Or not. I’ll not pretend to be an expert about how an immortal half-elf-half-goddess develops.”

As the subject turned back to his upbringing, Arjay paused, considering what she had so jokingly accused him of. “I think,” he said, “That I was mostly fated to be a disappointment to at least some of those raising me.” He didn’t really like the admission, but it was there. “It was fairly obvious what my father wished me to be, and that his family expected much of the same. I had the mind and the disposition to be a champion like him, like my older brother, that made it my duty, in a way.” He slowly rolled them onto their sides, his arm wrapped under her neck, still pressing her tightly to his chest as his eyes fixed on those liquid emerald pools that gazed back at him. “My mother… well, I think she’d have been happier if I’d have gone to live with her tribe in the woods, be one of the rare scholars of the wild elves. Moon elves aren’t common in the woods, but they can find a place there, particularly if there’s a tie of blood. She loved father, but I don’t think she ever comprehended the way that a soldier can so zealously hold to traditions, when being more flexible might make more sense to an outsider.” He shook his head, idly walking his fingers along her hip and up her waist. “I suppose I could have pleased someone if I’d just followed after one of my parents, instead I let myself be thrust into my father’s vocation with my mother’s spirit, and ended up pleasing no one.”
D&D/None/All-All

99 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune didn't hold back this time and prodded Arjay with a poke to the center of his chest. She would have smacked him, but stopping the poke from damaging him was hard enough sometimes. Particularly when she wanted him to feel it for sake of her annoyance, but didn't want to harm him. "Clever." She said drily, tone implying she thought it was anything but, though a smile still played along her lips.

A smile that grew once again with the light kiss he offered her. "I won't pretend to know what might change from their immortal nature, but due to having a human form, most of my children grow at a similar rate to half elves- but of course that's when the other parent is a human. I know how quickly Hanali's children grow- but that's not terribly relevant..." Sune offered, pursing her lips as she thought. "I try not to overlap with Hanali's worshippers too much- you are simply a wonderful exception." She paused, kissing him again. "But either way, they will be our child, and even if they do not always like us, I am confident they will always love us."

She frowned slightly as her attempt at humour had him looming back at the hardships of his youth. Sune wanted him to be happy, but she knew it was important to face the sad things too, so instead she listened carefully and stroked the side of his face in an attempt at comfort. When his words drew to a close, she pressed her lips to his forehead, suddenly feeling the weight of her age, that the things he spoke of seemed as though they had happened last week in her memories.

She tucked his hair behind his ear and smiled at him. "You pleased at least one person very much by not following in the footsteps of your parents. I know it is cold comfort Love, but I would not have had the chance to know you if you had allowed your soul to be modelled after someone else. I would have been rather sad to see you become either of your parents. Though- you did succeed at becoming a champion. Mine." She offered softly, staring into his eyes, gaze full of the love she had for him.

283 Posts
19 Threads
Mike

It always made Arjay feel a bit… off when she referred to herself and Hanali as separate beings. Goddesses were, apparently, complicated things. While he knew that her divine presence was the one he’d followed, been supported by, his whole life, while he could feel that, the elf who had grown up visiting the temples of Hanali Celanil couldn’t help feel a twinge of guilt, like he’d made himself False in the past weeks. It was rubbish, of course, but at this point, if he had to pick between the two aspects of the goddess… Well, he had always had a thing for redheads.

Whatever. It was hard to have misgivings about what goddess was currently pressed, deliciously naked, against him.

Also, it was hard to miss that his bittersweet recollections troubled her. He smiled slightly, nudging her chin up slightly so that he could capture her lips again. He kissed her, slowly and deeply, until he could feel that little frown melting from those enticing lips, then broke away with a smile. “My family… by and large don’t understand me. My people tend to shun me as one who flouts our traditions or values, as ridiculous as that idea is. The humans… well, always tended to look at me from below, as the ‘wise, ancient elf,’ even those who loved me. I hardly need to tell you that my late wife had little attention for any of my troubles. So please… don’t be put off if I can now actually enjoy the pleasure of having someone who can listen to what troubles me and who actually cares to try to understand me.” And her words actually were a comfort to him. “I simply wish that I had fixed my path that much earlier. Without the missteps I had, I might have actually made more of a difference among my people instead of losing my standing with them. They could always benefit from listening to someone who doesn’t have their head firmly lodged in their own arse, after all.”