Home Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4
News Staff Latest Posts Refresh
07.11.15 - Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of the plane.

I'm Gotham's reckoning. It'll end the ball of damns you've all been living on. A necessary evil.

05.11.15 - You fight like a younger man, there's nothing held back. It's admirable, but mistaken. I am the League of Shadows.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really, he doesn't spend ALL his time here...

206 Posts
16 Threads
Straight

Dungeons and Dragons

All Accounts Posts: 706
There was something about the rain rattling against his windowpanes that had always made Arjay feel inspired. The dark skies, the flickers of lightning with the occasional bright flash followed by the rumble and crashing of thunder, they’d always resonated with him, ever since he was a child. Storms were what made him feel like the world felt just like the rest of them did. On the nights when the thunder crashed loudest, that was when he had to play the sweetest songs, craft his greatest creations, do something to lighten the world’s spirit as it were.

Today (tonight? The storm had been raging and he’d quite lost track of time, it could be evening for all he could see) he was working on a masterpiece. The shape of the sword had come along perfectly, something he’d been working on over the past months. As the blade turned in his hand, light seemed to flicker along the edge of the blade from the smooth, matte surface of the flat that stayed a constant dark grey. The hilt with the cloud motif felt natural in his hand, and the sword swung smoothly through the air, neither too light or too heavy.

The magics he was planning for this blade were ambitious, and would take him some time to manage, he knew, but it would be worth it in the end, he believed. Protections cast upon him, he stepped out into the rain, walking into the little clearing behind the Moon, planting the hilt of the blade in the muddy earth. With a strident, melodic chant, he called down the lightning from the low clouds above him and found himself momentarily dazzled as the bolt struck the blade some ten feet in front of him. He had just enough time to turn away, covering his ears before the clap of thunder followed, deafening even to his covered ears, drawing startled exclamations from the patrons of his tavern. Well… he’d known that it was going to be an ordeal enchanting this blade, thankfully he hadn’t planned anything for this day yet. Turning back to the blade, bracing himself, he called down yet another bolt of lightning to the waiting tip of the sword.
Freestyle

74 Posts
6 Threads
Straight?

Marvel

All Accounts Posts: 1,183
Lorelei loved and hated the rain; it was beautiful, it brought life to the trees and flowers, but it also meant that she couldn't go out to shoot. Tonight, well, that was fine by her; she hadn't planned to go shooting, and the thunder, so loud, the lightening, so erratic, fit her mood very well.

The Wandering Moon was a welcome sight after her mission and a day spent trying to figure out how to deal with what she had done and what she was about to do. It hadn't been easy, but then little was, not when it mattered. She asked after the owner of the tavern and was pointed to the back. It was sort of beginning to seem like Arjay spent the majority of his time out there. Lorelei didn't hesitate, she just crossed through the tavern, heading to where she expected to find the elf.

She reached the little clearing just in time to witness the bolt of lightning strike the sword planted in the ground in the middle of the cleaning. She turned her eyes, blinking away the after images of the lightning, to the elven weaponsmith. When he called the second bolt, she realized what was coming and averted her eyes in time. She made sure the bolt was finished, the echoes of thunder fading away before she brought her hands up to applaud Arjay's efforts. "Bravo!"

206 Posts
16 Threads
Straight

Dungeons and Dragons

Arjay made a somewhat frantic gesture to Lori when he heard her applause, a gesture that was explained quite succinctly when he hurriedly turned away and covered his ears, seconds before the third bolt of lightning struck down. Hopefully she got the hint and was ready for it as well.

That done, he hurried forward wearing a thick glove of red dragon hide, grasped the hilt of the still-glowing sword, and rushed over to where a barrel was waiting. The water had been filled half of the way with holy water blessed by a priest of Aerdrie Faenya (a costly import from home), and the other half with water gathered solely from the thunderstorm. Oh, some creative gathering had been involved, yes, but that was beside the point. As soon as the white-hot blade touched the water, steam shrieked up into the storm, and he turned away, gritting his teeth as he braced himself. Seconds later, lightning struck the barrel, and though he was protected from its touch by his spells, feeling the thrum of the wild power of the storm surge through the blade like that still wasn’t a pleasant experience. Unable to cover his ears through that particular clap of thunder, he slowly waited for the ringing in his ears to stop, holding the still steaming blade in his hand before he addressed Lori.

“Well. I hope that show was impressive enough for you, my dear. I would have personally advised waiting five more minutes to spare yourself the thunder, but what’s done is done,” he called over the rush of the rain and the rumbling of the clouds above them. “Come. In, where it’s dry.” He trusted her to follow as he moved back into the workshop, closing the door securely behind them. He set the sword into its place on his workbench, then let three spells off into the air, each producing a puff of magic flame that dried himself, Lori, and the sword in turn.

“Well now, this is a pleasant surprise,” he admitted. “I’d been planning to call on you to come collect your present, but then I found myself rather busy. I’m in the market for a new sword, as you see, and this one has been collecting quite a bit of my attention, I’m afraid.” He reached under the workbench, coming out with a long, slender box, containing a single arrow of polished, enchanted wood, tipped in an arrowhead that was gilded with pink gold. Carving the runic embellishments upon the shaft had taken nearly as much time as it had to find the feathers of two mated hippogriffs to fletch it. Most notable, of course, was the pink glow that the whole thing seemed to give off when touched. “I lately heard of the various, and might I say often contradictory, stories you Earth people tell of… Cupid? Am I saying that correctly? Ah, good. Well, needless to say, they inspired me.” Smirking in a sort of self-satisfied way, he gestured for her to go ahead and take it.
Freestyle

74 Posts
6 Threads
Straight?

Marvel

Arjay's frantic gesture did not go unnoticed; Lori saw it, and even realized what he was trying to tell her. Another bolt was coming. Crap! Just before the last bolt of lightning crashed down to strike the sword, Lorelei slapped her hands over her ears and bent nearly double, eyes closed. Sun, she had learned that in Hub injuries that blinded or deafened you could be healed, but why get hurt in the first place? Papa would be proud, she knew.

This time, when Arjay moved to collect the sword and temper it, Lori gave him room to work. she was really, really glad she did when another bolt of lightning hit the barrel. There wasn't much likelihood Arjay would hear it, but Lori gave a long, low, impressed whistle at the unexpected show.

She let her elven friend recover from the thunder in his own time, happy to wait. It wasn't every day you got a show like that one! The rain and wet hadn't bothered her, but she grinned at the magic Arjay used to dry them and his sword off nonetheless Magic was cool. "It was awesome. I'm glad I didn't miss it!"

Her present? Lori blinked at Arjay in surprise, but she smiled at the realization that he had made her something. A magical gift. an arrow. Wow. Looking at the arrow, Lori couldn't help the awe. Cupid, huh? "Cupid. Eros. Yeah." she grinned, "I can't blame you for being distracted, you're making a beautiful sword." She reached to take the arrow when he gestured to it, "this though... It's gorgeous, Arjay." It had good balance, wasn't too short for her draw, and it was MAGIC. "Is it... Once I use it... What's it do?" She'd treasure the arrow forever and save it as a last resort, because she had lots of arrows, but only one of these, just like the anti-Hulk arrow.

206 Posts
16 Threads
Straight

Dungeons and Dragons

“Well, if it was impressive, I’m glad you didn’t miss it either,” Arjay said, giving her a cheeky smile as he shook his hair out, making sure that it was dry again, then tying it back. Having loose hair in the forge tended to be a bad idea, after all. For some reason, there feels like there’s more power than usual in the storms here. I’m really not sure why, it may have something to do with things happening on the worlds bleeding over, but in any case, I’m trying to capture some of the raw power into my enchantments. After this, I’ll be able to start in ernest.”

Lori seemed to like her present, which pleased him, although her question made him laugh a bit. “What does it do? Why, I’m sure that I don’t know, my dear. The most logical answer is that it will enspell them to love someone, some thing, when shot. It could have other effects too. Love tends to affect everyone in vastly different ways, after all. Having been created by me to be gifted to you, however, it should never have an effect that is harmful to you, at the very least, even if someone else takes it from you and uses it on you.” He paused a moment, considering that last one. “Although since that would involve you being shot by an arrow, I do ask that you not let that last one happen. Just make sure you retrieve it. It’s enchanted, so it shouldn’t break when used.”
Freestyle

74 Posts
6 Threads
Straight?

Marvel

As though it could have been anything less than impressive! Lori laughed lightly, following Arjay as he moved while still giving him space to work. "Maybe this place is just magical like that? She wasn't really sure what was and wasn't possible when it came to magic. Especially here in Hub, and especially when it came to just what sort of magic an elf might be capable of. Nodding, Lon did her best to remember what Arjay said about magic; she might not be very likely to ever learn it. (she was pretty sure she wasn't skilled like that) but that didn't make it any less interesting! "So... It's going to be a lightning sword?"

He didn't know what the arrow (which he had made!) would do? She paused, considering what he was saying, the logic behind his "guess" at what the arrow would do if she shot someone with it. "You made me alone arrow." Her amusement was audible in her voice, though even if it hadn't been, her grin and the sparkle in her eyes were telling on their own. "Other than the people being shot with an arrow part, that sounds pretty much like the best thing to be able to do ever." Or worst, but Lori couldn't help the mischievousness that took her mind and sent her spiraling into the matchmaking ideas she now had; she was her father's daughter, after all...

206 Posts
16 Threads
Straight

Dungeons and Dragons

Arjay smiled at her slightly, then shrugged at her suggestion. “No, these storms are… particularly potent. I’ve seen many of them in my time here, and this weather lately…” He shook his head, then shrugged. Who knew? He certainly didn’t. “It does make me worry that someone is going to come chasing after their lost power, but there’s nothing for it but to hope for the best. Yes, it will be a Stormblade, but as ever, with magic, we see what secrets the enchanting will unlock. It’s always interesting to see just what powers can be instilled into a weapon, so I’m hoping for it to be much more.”

For a moment, she looked uncertain with her gift, but that was only (thankfully) a moment. “Yes, I made you a love arrow,” he confirmed. “What can I say? I can’t think of anything more fitting in the quiver of such a delightfully captivating archer… But I suppose I digress. You’ve come to visit me, having obviously no idea that you had a present waiting, since I never told you… so I suppose it is high time that I finally ask you what brings you to my humble and ever-waiting doorstep? I don’t suppose that you simply found yourself pining for my company?” He shot her a playful smile at that, even while sure that (unfortunately) this last was probably not the case.