Marvel-MCU-1

72 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 801
Bucky did his best to not physical stop everything when Steve suggested the Bucky Barnes charm. Ha. What charm did he have? He thought he had been charming. Once upon a time. Back when girls thought he was handsome and were just flattered he wanted to speak to them.

He knew better now. He wasn't ugly. And he wasn't a bad guy. But he sure as hell didn't have anything going for him that could be classified as charm. Because he had tried it. He had made her laugh, and smile, and then asked if he could kiss her the best way he knew how- and she hadn't even been willing to say no. She had just retreated as though the idea made her sick. Moved on as though he hadn't just recently told her that she was a vision of beauty and he'd like very much to kiss her.

He had even called her by her first name only, which she had asked him to do. Before. So his stuttering stopped in its tracks, a small frown overtaking his lips as he decided whether or not it was worth telling this Steve that Bucky had tried- and struck out. Eventually he stated simply. "She doesn't see me that way."

Focusing on the next comment, he pasted a smile back on his face. "Science is her greatest love, and I'm sure she'd be thrilled to learn about a different version of one of her most difficult experiments. Which is to say- me." He offered with a small laugh, rolling the bead to call her- and hoping that it wasn't obvious how uncertain he was that she'd answer.

@"kel" @"Becky"
Marvel-MCU-1

51 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,579
‘Ouch!’ Shuri released the pressure on her lip, which had made its was between her teeth when her bead vibrated with Barnes name.

Right. This is normal they talked. They were talkers. “Hello Sargent Barnes.” Shuri grinned at the nanotube display of his face. “What can I do for you?-“ normal be shuuhhhpppeerrr norrmaaalll “Did you get something stuck in my arm?”
@alex @becky
Marvel-616 Universe

265 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Soldier/Avenger
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

All Accounts Posts: 301
@moon @kel

Steve chews his lip. His Bucky has only been home a few days. Most of that time has been spent sleeping. When he is awake he alternates between disoriented and afraid. Steve isn't sure how he will respond to meeting new people. Before he can bring up his concerns with this Bucky, the other man rolls a beed in his hand. Suddenly a holographic woman appears in his hand. Steve can only assume it's the princess. Steve watches on amazement as the image moves and and begins to speak.
Marvel-MCU-1

72 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky smiled despite himself to see Shuri- not only because it meant they were still on speaking terms- which, being frank, he had been uncertain of. It wasn't like he could simultaneously avoid the subject and also straight out ask her if she could forgive him. It was probably not a great sign that he was avoiding it, instead of say- talking it through. Like adults.

But in his defense, romance was very subtle in his time. Backing off like that was about as clear an indication of disinterest as most women would give. He rolled his head back with a groan. "I will repeat, Princess Shuri, that I have not gotten anything stuck in this arm." He quipped easily, before changing the angle of the bead so that it captured Steve as well.

"But I was hoping to introduce you to another Steve Rogers. See- his Bucky has been recently recovered and still needs deprogramming, and I thought you might be wanting to consult if nothing else."

@kel @becky
Marvel-MCU-1

51 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“‘This’ arm?” Shuri cocked her head, her naturally playful nature cutting through the awkward; “You have gotten something stuck in your right arm? I think you need to see a doctor for that.” She quipped eyes gleaming with humor.

“More broken white boys for my collection?” Shuri cackled “Of course! Bring the colonizer and his Bucky over. To real Wakanda.” She clarified, Shuri trusted her actual equipment for this kind of delicate work, the replicas...well she was still testing.

@becky @alex
Marvel-616 Universe

265 Posts
6 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

@moon @"kel"

Steve's eyes go wide. Her smile is just like her father's. He listens to Bucky and Shuri exchange friendly banter with a small smile on his face. He hopes his Bucky reaches the point where he too can laugh and flirt with girls again.

Then Shuri is offering to look at Bucky and Steve nearly breaks down in relief at getting Bucky help.

"Thank you" Steve says sincerely, relief heavy in his voice, "I can bring Bucky right away."

He pauses then when he remembers Bucky's terrified face and the way he lashes out when surprised.

"He's... he doesn't mean to be violent, but he's scared and he lashes out." Steve warns. If she's going to help Bucky, she has a right to know what she's getting into.
Marvel-MCU-1

72 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky snorted and shrugged. "I mean- You've seen the scars Princess- I believe you are well acquainted with how many objects I've gotten stuck in my right arm." He offered, voice dissolving into soft chuckles with his words completed.

He nodded his acceptance of the orders Princess Shuri gave him- though Bucky knew he wouldn't be doing that without at least the permission of Steve. The two of them were likely capable of subduing the other Bucky- but he would much rather he come along willingly.

Bucky did stiffen slightly at the mention of this other version's tendency to violence. If it weren't such a delicate procedure that Bucky didn't think anyone other than Shuri could manage- he would have immediately insisted upon the Princess doing it remotely. Swallowing hard for a moment, he sighed, pulling his cowl back on. "Then we will endeavour to make him as comfortable as possible. We can go at his pace- and I'm sure the Princess can toss a program together to modify my vocal range so Bucky isn't faced with his duplicate." He said softly to Steve, though he made certain Shuri heard as well.

"Princess, perhaps, while the two of us go to retrieve Steve's Bucky, you can contact Okoye and make certain to have a few Dora nearby for additional precaution."

@kel @becky
Marvel-MCU-1

51 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Shuri shook her head, tisking; “Have you tried NOT sticking your arm into everything that looks dangerous?” Shuri's eyes tracked over to the new Captain Rogers as he explained the condition of that version of James. “I understand.” She nodded more seriously, “As long as you can keep him some what contained we can help.” dark eyes met her Bucky’s “We will take care of him. I Promise.” she promised misinterpreting his flinching.

Change his voice? Okkkaaayy. Shuri was going to keep her self quiet on that one for now, instead flicking her fingers over the remote of his Kimoyo beads, “Done. We will take care of your friend Captain Rogers.” Shuri’s hand came into frame as though she was trying to touch Bucky, “We have experience putting them back together.”

@becky @alex
Marvel-616 Universe

265 Posts
6 Threads
Sexual Orientation:
Becky

@moon @kel

As Bucky and Shuri make plans Steve thinks about how he can convince his Bucky to go with them. For the most part his Bucky recognized who Steve was, but he also had periods where he was convinced that this was all a Soviet trick meant to break him down more than he already was. During these times Bucky stubbornly refuses to do anything Steve asks of him, even the basics like eating. Steve hopes for everyone's sake that Bucky is in one of his more lucid moods.

"Done. We will take care of your friend Captain Rogers. We have experience putting them back together.” Shuri says.

"Thank you" Steve says again. He's not sure how he's ever going to repay her.
Marvel-MCU-1

72 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

"It's not so much that I stick it into dangerous things..." Bucky replied automatically, winking at the hologram. "Danger just seems to find me." He finished, thinking with a smile of the times that Steve had claimed similar. Usually when Bucky accused him of seeking out fights.

Bucky shook his head quickly at her statement. "I'm not concerned about that Princess Shuri. I trusted you with my mind when I barely knew you- you never disappoint." He explained, avoiding the explanation that he feared for her safety. Seemed like yet another step towards reminding her of the unwanted affection he held.

When next he spoke, his voice rumbled in a way that was distinctly unfamiliar. Which- would take some getting used to. "I'm sure you'd help with the same if the situation were reversed." Bucky offered, patting the other man on the shoulder. "Lead the way." He nodded finally at the hologram, trying to hide how his arm twitched to reach for her hand- because that was absurd and he needed to stop.

"Princess Shuri, we will be headed your way as soon as possible, but I will send you a message when we have begun our trip to you. Thank you."

Closing out the call, Bucky turned to Steve again, now that Shuri could no longer hear. "If your Bucky hurts her, I will not consider myself accountable for my actions. I will stop him by whatever means necessary. You'd be wise to keep yourself between them at all possible times." He growled, before once again retreating to the kind 'Captain America' expression he had perfected. "That being said, if you wish to repay her afterwards, she likes strange tech. Likely the tech in your world is at least a bit dissimilar and she'd find fascinating."

@becky @kel