tag, gulp, Death?
Darkwing Duck -Disney Cartoon

9 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Hero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Heteroducksual.
Raven

Darkwing was used to the strange, the arcane, the esoteric! He ate bizarre for breakfast. An interdimensional hub? Why, that was they kind of thing he dealt with every day. At least on Tuesday. Wasn’t Tuesday his multiverse travel day? Yes, mostly because Negaduck, for some reason, liked stirring up trouble that day.

But it wasn’t Tuesday.

Maybe that was why he was feeling ill at ease and more than a little homesick as he rode his bike - The Ratcatcher - through the streets of the Hub. Though it was more than that. It wasn’t just the day, it was the odd revelation that the Launchpad and Gosalyn here in this universe weren’t the real ones, even though they were real. How could he not question everything they said if they were simply reflections of his own memories of them?

Part of him wanted to explore this amazing place… and part of him wanted to go home to the real Darkwing Tower and take long bath. That part would be his tail end that wasn’t used to riding the Ratcatcher quite this long. His eyes were starting to droop as all the shiny buildings went by in a blur, everything so new that it all became one big jumble.

“Fake Darkwing Tower or not, it’s time to go home and rest… and think. I’ll just turn around right here and…” He pulled a u-turn, faced back the way he’d came and… “recognize nothing I see.” He sighed, stiffly getting off his bike, and putting his wings into the small of his back to stretch as he looked around. “I just need to think… use my mind palace!” Darkwing pressed his feathered hands to his temples and closed his eyes, humming tunelessly as he did so. In his head he saw a set of stairs lit by wall sconces. He walked forward, not realizing his physical body was walking just as his imaginary one was, and slammed right into a light pole. “Forget the mind palace…” He glanced to his right to see what looked like an old antique shop, scrolls and ancient objects in its window display. A sign above it said “Grim Realtor”. “Huh… not exactly warm and fuzzy, but this duck isn’t above admitting when he is lost!”

The door opened with a ding and he sauntered in, peering about at the decor. “Helloooo… yooo hoooo…. Anybody here? I must warn you not to surprise me as my feathers are registered as deadly weapons. No worries, I have a permit. Is somebody there?”
All-All

14 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 149
This aspect of her was a fussy amused little thing, horn rim glasses hiding mischievous blue eyes; “Well I hope I don’t startle you into using them!” Death came in from the back, sliding the door shut behind her. “Hello! How can I help you?” she set the stack of papers down on a overly full desk, snagging a pitcher and pair of glasses.

“Can I offer you a drink?” strange too knowing eyes gleamed from under the glasses, “Non alcoholic, it changes to your mood.” She explained pouring a measure for them both, taking a seat on a over stuffed armchair, offering him the matching one. “You see terribly tired. Are you lost dear?”

9 Posts
3 Threads
Ship Status:
Raven

Darkwing heard a door and turned to greet the shopkeep. “Oh hi there, I’m Darkwing D-d-d-d-d-d-death…” He stumbled backward, away from what appeared as a tall floating form, a skeleton hand extended from its shadowy cloak clutching a scythe. “I mean you’re Deathwing Dark… Darkly Deathwing… Ahhhhh.” Wings flailing around him he tripped over a small ottoman and flipped backward, his cape flying up and ending up over his head.

Just for a second he bought into the illusion that as long as he didn’t see who was out there, that they couldn’t see him. He’d had a run in with the Reaper before, but that had been in pursuit of Megavolt, and after pleading with Death not to take him he’d woken up in his bed as if the entire incident had been a dream. Except he’d always had a nagging feeling that it hadn’t been. What if this wasn’t an alternate universe? What if this was… Oh I knew I should’ve gone to confession more!

“Get ahold of yourself DW… you aren’t the duck that flaps in terror, you are the terror! The terror that flaps in the night! You aren’t afraid of death. You defy Death.” With that last word he rose up sharply, flinging his cape off his head, and stared the shadowy form in the eye. Or wherever the eyes might be. “I defy you… you did not take me before, and you shall not take me now for I have a family to…” He held out one quivering feathered finger as he spoke, pointing it at the apparition. Suddenly his hand dropped and he leaned forward. “Wait a minute, did you just offer me a drink?” He chuckled to himself, bemused as the Reaper sank into an armchair. “I think I’ve been heroing long enough to know better than to drink Death’s Draught, ha! Though I am a bit thirsty… and yes, lost.” He sat in a chair across from the Reaper, his legs sticking straight out in front of him. “I need to get…” His shoulders slumped. “I need to get back home.”
All-All

14 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 149
“Hello Drake.” Deaths form shifted to his expectations, a grinning duck billed skeleton cloaked and clutching a scythe. One she set to the side to offer him the drink.

“Now now.” The figure chastised him, curling skeletal fingers around her drink, “When I come for you I come openly.”

Fear not. That was what the angels complained about didn't they?

“Nothing I give you will harm.” S/he promised, “If you can't trust Death who can you?” The Reaper joked liquid disappearing behind the cowl.

A sigh escaped the shadowed figure, “Most that come here do.” And s/he wondered how the Duck would address it. Now that he saw who s/he was? Would he ask for help? Bargain? Attempt to ‘defeat’ her?

Sometimes second guessing mortals was her only entertainment. Free will made them completely unpredictable.

9 Posts
3 Threads
Ship Status:
Raven

Darkwing kept a wary eye on the scythe as Death set it down as if it were merely a hat or a cane and not a tool of demise.

He gulped at her admonishment, his feathery white adam’s apple bouncing as he considered all the times he’d defied her in the past. “I might worry that I’ve evaded you enough times that you might make an exception for such a daring duck.” Said in the most undaring of voices. Though as he watched her down her drink his curiosity got the better of him and he leaned forward. “Where the hell is that going?”

He shook his head, looking at his own cup. “I trust my instincts, my prowess, but skills on the battlefield of life…” And what did those things tell him about the cup she poured for him? That it smelled remarkably like cherry soda and his mouth ached for it. He took a slow sip, set the cup down on a side table, and suddenly his eyes went wide. Hacking and clutching at his throat, Darkwing slid to the floor, one hand reaching dramatically for the ceiling. His eyes shut for a whole five seconds before he popped one of them open.

“Never let it be said that Darkwing Duck has not a sense of humor or a flair for the dramatic.” He jumped up with a ‘ta da!’ and sat back down. “Don’t suppose you can pull one over on Death, but if anyone could come close…” He looked at her sitting steadfast in her chair, watching him. “...it wasn’t me. Very well, if you’re not going to claim my fowl soul, then perhaps you can give me directions back to St. Canard… preferably the real one, though the Hub version will do…”