Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Quethadia NyxThe Return of the Bubbles.
Shadowrun-Tabletop edition

138 Posts
8 Threads
Job: "Travel Writer" (Smuggler)
Ship Status: Trying to date Belle
Sexual Orientation: Yes.
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 779
Queth was in a good mood. She had been a lot lately- which is to say that ever since she had remembered the first of her two lives, she was looking at everything with a new appreciation. The birds singing didn't drive her to try and shoot them- the sun shining didn't hurt her eyes- the wind was blowing, the trees were being trees except for Arjay's place- Alright, so she was still a wise-ass but you took what you could get, and she was taking that.

She hummed softly as she entered the inn- eyes searching for a particular blonde. When she failed to locate him, she frowned briefly before noticing his... Er. Servant? Knight? His whatever sitting at the bar- so Queth slid on to the seat beside him smoothly, pulling her jacket off as she went. She flagged down the bartender for a drink- though he gave her a bit of a double take when he saw the easy smile on her face.

Queth couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up her throat. Memories of her other life did tell her that she didn't smile or laugh a whole lot then- but it was endlessly amusing for her to see people try and connect the two versions of her that they had known. Turning her smile on the elf beside her, she offered him a hand to shake- the only part of her that was still fully cybernetic. (The arm attached to the hand as well- but she didn't think he'd really care too much, what with her long sleeves covering it.)

"Hi, I'm Queth, I saw you at your- for lack of a better term- summoning. I was also the first of one of the other group of elves in the hub. I realize it may be a bit delayed, but welcome."
D&D-Rhodane

21 Posts
1 Threads
Job: Warrior
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,372
As far away from home as Hub was, Lukk had found quite early on that he had a certain liking for this place. The technology was hugely superior to that where he hailed from; more on par with certain human civilizations he had heard tell of from his sister’s travels, but had yet to see for himself. Now, he was able to make himself familiar with this technology as well as interact with the magic that he understood better. The city was simple enough in its arrangement that Lukk rarely found himself truly lost, and vast enough that he could wander for hours without running out of new things to see. Yes, he liked it here; it wasn’t home, but it was comfortable and interesting.

That didn’t mean he didn’t continuously find himself returning to what had become the closest thing to ‘home’ that Lukk had found here; Arjay’s tavern in a tree, the Wandering Moon. The sorcerer might not feel that he was part of a grand story, but Lukk felt differently; this place was the perfect setting for a bard’s tale. His sister would love it here.

The warrior elf was in the state that was most typical for him; calm and certain; a man perpetually in the eye of the storm, confident that he’ll weather it, whatever it brought his way. While he carried himself as a noble, there was nothing haughty or vainglorious in his carriage.

Queth’s laugh, however, had the elf looking up, an amused smile on his face as he sought the source of such a joyous sound. It wasn’t unheard of in this place, but no one had been laughing just now, and suddenly…someone was. Lukk took the offered hand and shook without a glance to the metal of her hand; yes, he noticed the feel of metal, but that wasn’t a surprise to a man who had worn articulated gauntlets much of his career. “Lukk, and it is quite a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Lukk.” He chuckled at her wording, “I suppose summoning would not be an incorrect term. And thank you, delayed or not. Are you from Arjay’s homeworld, then?”

138 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth's smile set further in her face at the other elf's. "Nice to meet you Lukk" She replied, smoothly transitioning to Sperethiel with the assumption the other man would- like arjay- speak a variant of it.

She couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up when he asked her if she originated from Arjay’s universe. Queth gave a mischievous grin before rolling her sleeve up slightly and disconnecting her hand. The disembodied digits lay flat on the table for a moment, hitting the wood with a surprisingly light thunk- before standing on the tips of her fingers and waving a pinky in greeting.

Of course, she couldn't use it to bring her drink to her mouth, but she did go collect a few peanuts from a bowl down the bar before reconnecting the prosthesis. "Not so much, no." She offered, as though she hadn't just made that pointedly clear.

Sipping her drink, she smiled to herself, wondering if this elf would find it similarly strange to what Arjay thought in regards to how she had transformed to become an elf. "My world is one of technology and magic." She started to explain, twiddling her natural fingers where a spark danced. "And elves are- generally- taller, more inclined to vegetarianism, and do actually need sleep. I wasn't even born an elf so- No. Not from Arjay's world."

Pausing before she popped a peanut in her mouth, she offered him a mildly flirtatious smile. "And you? Presumably you aren't from Arjay’s world if you refer to it as his and not your own, but I assume from your garb that you aren't from a world like mine."
D&D-Rhodane

21 Posts
1 Threads
Nyte

There were many variants on the Elven language; Lukk spoke the same as Arjay did, taught to him by his mother, and used among the elves of his home throughout his life. "The pleasure is mine, I'm
certain." he replied, smiling at the use of his primary language even if she spoke it a bit differently.

He asked the question because... well, it seemed the world his mother called Toril was a fairly popular one. At least when it came to dues. Arjay, his mother, maybe Queth. too. The laughter told him he was wrong, though. Her show of advanced mechanics earned a smile, even if it hadn't made her answer any more clear. Still, he understood. When she spoke of her world, Lukk listened attentively, curious and ever willing to learn something new, "We have some mechanical things on my world; mostly the dwarves' and gnome's work, but humans are rather talented at taking an invention and building on it." He smiled "Of course we All nowhere near the level of advancement of your world yet."

He grinned to her, "My mother is from Arjay's world, but we, my parents, brothers, and sisters and I, live in another, somewhat similar one. As I said, we have some, less advanced technologies compared to your world, but magic is quite prevalent."

138 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth hummed with his remark, as she thought it through. "Perhaps that is part of the reason behind the technological advances in my world- Save for a dozen elves, we were all human for a few thousand years- so we had to rely on technology as our only source of progression. Now it's generally getting more powerful so that it can stay on equal ground with magic." She shrugged, putting both hands palm up, the metal one throwing off small sparks from her fingers, and an orb of light glowing in the palm of the other.

Her eyebrows quirked slightly as her grin came out in full. "Well then your world has that over mine still, the only breach we've managed in dimensions- Save for the portal the hub- has brought through monsters, not lovely women who make the world their home." She quipped with a grin as she sipped at her drink again.

"Now I do hate to be rude- but I don't suppose you've seen arjay around? I was rather hoping he'd teach me some of the magic from his world. Unless..." She tilted her head at him curiously. "Do you know any magic?"
D&D-Rhodane

21 Posts
1 Threads
Nyte

A dozen ewes? That didn't sound very good at all. There were,.. Well, Lukk hailed from a country made up of elves and humans, with a feed dwarves and gnomes and halflings thrown into the mix. But mostly, elves and humans. "I see. Our technology hasn't kept up as well as it did on your world; it is very interesting." He watched the little show with interest primarily on the technological bits, her prosthetic hand holding his gaze with Amazement and curiosity. "What more can your technology do?"

Chuckling, Lukk shook his head, "There are some few places-other planes as well as other dimensions - that we have learned and visited. Not all of them are very pleasant, but this place certainly is." Arjay? Oh, of course, he nodded slowly, "I'm sure that he's somewhere around here..." Did he know any magic? Again, he nodded slowly, "I know some. Perhaps not as much as Arjay, but enough to get by."

138 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth quietly enjoyed the way this other elf was looking at her tech- Arjay had seen it as unnatural- and while yes it wasn't natural, it was part of her anyways. She liked showing off. She deftly popped the tip of one of the fingers off to reveal a small note tucked away in it before putting that back in place. Then she slid her gun into her hand- a small wrist sized gyro mount popping out as well. "I also can see through the small camera on my gun." Queth explained, fishing in her nest of hair to pull the spooled cord out.

A small drone flew out of her jacket. "And I can direct this with my mind." She offered simply, even as she let go of the cord to retract, pushing her gun slide back up.

"We've only managed to interact with the hub and one other plane- filled with bug spirits that there is no way of stopping." Queth offered, confident her minor shudder would say plenty about how she felt about that. "Few people know about the hub on top of that."

She did perk right up when he nodded. "Oh that's excellent! Would you teach me what you know?"
D&D-Rhodane

21 Posts
1 Threads
Nyte

No, Queth's technology wasn't natural, but it was interesting. His sister had a love for such things, and while Lukk was much more cautious in nature than she was, he found that he was still interested in it. The gun had Lukk's attention the moment Queth produced it. The elf was a warrior, but more than that, he was a weapons master, and that gun was definitely a weapon.

He watched the drone with delight, but once she was done showing it off, Lukk's attention returned to the projectile weapon. "May I?" He asked, gesturing to the gun but making no attempt to touch or take it; that would be rude, and more than that, it would possibly be seen as a threat. Instead, he just requested to pick it up, look at it, so that Queth would know his intention was to inspect, not threaten. "No one of my world knows of this place," Lukk told the other elf, "But Arjay is confident that we can get there and back." Which was good enough for him.

Teach her? Magic? Him? Lukk blinked, then shrugged, "I can certainly try. I've never tried to teach anyone magic before though."

138 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth was more than capable of noting the other man's interest in her weapons- something that was perhaps a little strange for her though, since Arjay had shown absolutely no inclination towards technology. In fact, Queth believed he found it a little abhorrent- in particular what it did to her soul. She had just tucked the slide back up when Lukk asked after the gun- prompting a laugh as it slid back into her palm. Unhooking it from it's partial holster, she took a brief moment to pop the cartridge out of it before she offered it to him.

"Go right ahead- though if you want to fire it, you'll have to come with me to a gun range. Even if you might pick it up quickly- I don't want to hazard civilians from a misfire. Though, while you're playing with that one, there's not much risk." She explained with a grin. She tapped her temple for emphasis. "Smart Gun- it's controls are mostly up here. Though it still has physical ones."

"Arjay has been pretty good about his promises before- and I do think he genuinely likes to help. We met and one of the first things he offered me was to start the process of regrowing my internal organs." Queth explained, lifting up her shirt to showcase the spiderweb of scars on her ribs- somehow her trip to the magic store still affected her- she was still more beautiful than she had ever been- but had left the scars from this new timeline alone.

"Awesome! I don't mind if you haven't taught before, I'm psyched to know anything you can share." Queth replied with a brilliant grin. "And my world works on belief, so I can still use any magic there that I'm taught in the hub. Which is pretty great."
D&D-Rhodane

21 Posts
1 Threads
Nyte

Lukk might be an elf, he might be the son of an Archdruid, but he was a warrior at heart. He knew some magic, but his the talent was his ability to pick up a weapon, any weapon, and master it. Queth's
gun was, to Lukk, not much different than any other weapon. Of course, Lukk wasn't aware Queth's technology had affected her soul, either.

That... That would have made a difference.

Shaking his head, Lukk held back a chuckle as Queth spoke of the possibility of a misfire. He understood and respected her desire to keep innocent people from being harmed, but he didn't need to fire it. Now just now, at least. He could be patient, after all. "You control it with your mind?" He frowned, eyes sharp and bright with both curiosity as well as intellect, "How?"

Regrow her internal organs?! Lukk blinked, considering what she had said, then shook his head, confused and obviously stumped, "What happened to them that they need to be regrown?" And how could she survive without them? He wasn’t a healer by any means, divine or otherwise, but even he knew and understood basic anatomy. “Magic?” When she showed him her scars, Lukk frowned but he didn’t wince or look away; scars were nothing to be ashamed of.

The enthusiasm Queth possessed fed Lukk’s own, and he smiled, “Well, I don’t mind trying, that’s for certain. I just didn’t want to leave you with expectations that I could not meet. Like I said, I know a little magic, nothing like what my sister or mother possess, but I can teach you what I know.”

138 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth bit her lip unintentionally, trying to figure out how to explain the connection to the matrix that she housed in her skull. Lifting her hair, she twisted her head to show him the metal installation at the top of her spine, complete with beautifully rendered engravings. "Inside of my head, I have a partial computer implanted. For the most part it does small things- allows me to turn knowledge into data, and data into knowledge- allows me to use less brainpower to do routine things, freeing up more of my mind to focus on other things." Dropping her hair back down she twisted so that she was once again facing the other elf.

"Among those things- it gives me a connection to what my world calls 'the matrix'. It is similar in idea to someone who is in tune to the words of spirits- that I can connect to a knowledge with nothing but a thought. My gun connects to the same matrix. As does my hand, my car, my oven- most things in my world. So I send a specially coded message into the matrix, and direct it at my gun. My gun receives the message and processes it. Only I know the proper codes for my gun, though theoretically someone could guess them or bypass them, given time." She explained- trying to go slow and cover all the points, but still confident she would probably come across as absurd to the other elf.

For an example however, she clicked the safety on and off, pulled the slide back- even went so far as to pull the trigger (after she had made certain the safety was back on.) All of course, while the gun lay in Lukk's hand.

She laughed slightly at his question. "I had a building dropped on them. I survived because the pressure kept me from bleeding out, and it didn't drop on any of the organs that I needed immediately- that I didn't already have two of. My heart was fine- and I still had one working lung. It was enough to sustain me long enough for them to replace my missing parts with cybernetics- which is to say, pieces made like my hand to replace an organic component."

Queth laughed slightly. "That's alright- I pick up a little something from everywhere I go, so it'll match well with the rest I've learned. We could go to a range now- trade lessons- if you'd like?"

@nyte @eve
D&D-Rhodane

21 Posts
1 Threads
Nyte

Lukk wasn't familiar with technology. His sister, gifted as she was with the ability to walk the planes, knew far more than he did, but he did have an understanding of magic, and of connection. "A computer?" He knew what the core word "compute" meant, and so he could make an educated (somewhat) guess what a computer might do. Basically. A thinking machine. Something to help with figures and calculations. Okay. He could wrap his head around that, he was pretty sure. “Aren’t data and knowledge more or less the same thing?” He blinked at engraved metal she showed him, surprised but not really troubled by it, assuming that this was something ‘normal’ on her world.

The ability to control your weapon with a mere thought… it reminded him a little bit of a mage’s sword; in tune with their thoughts, attacking as they wished it to. Queth figured that Lukk would be confused and lost; he wasn’t completely understanding everything she spoke of, but he absorbed most of it, and retained nearly everything she was saying. Likening technology to magic was the easiest thing he could think of to grasp what she was explaining. His understanding of magic and how it worked was far more basic than most of his family’s, but he’d been taught alongside his siblings. He knew the mechanics of spellwork. “So, your ‘matrix’ would be similar to the Weave, then? Connecting your thought machine,” he motioned toward her head, “Computer, to your weapon the way the Weave connects a mage and the target of his spell?” He grinned, “And it could, theoretically, be wrested from you the same way another mage could dispel my magic.” With a shrug, “Perhaps not exactly the same, but it’s similar in some respects, at least. Or so you make it seem.”

The warrior had had his fair share of wounds and scars, he understood being able to laugh at an injury that many others would find horrifying. Still, his ears twitched at the sound, silver-blue eyes focused sharply on her, “That sounds unpleasant. I’m glad you survived it.” It was a simple, honest statement, not dismissive, but accepting. He gave her a small smile, “And I hope that Arjay is able to help you recover what you have lost.” Since his liege had pledged to assist her in regrowing her organs, Lukk spoke with the sort of confidence that she would succeed in this endeavor of someone with belief that it was possible and that Arjay was capable.

He finished his drink as she suggested they go to a range, “Certainly. I’m not sure if anything I have will be truly helpful, but knowledge is always good to have.”

@Alex @Moon

138 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth laughed, unable to hold back the bubbling amusement that she found when he related data and knowledge- she truly was quiet unused to those who didn't understand the difference innately. Data had long had technological implications in her world- long before magic had even begun to return. She shook her head as she focused on his words. "In a way, yes. However, Data has come to be defined in part as digital information. Stored in electrical impulses on electronics, rather than knowledge, which is stored in the impulses of the mind."

She nodded with a pleased smile as he easily grasped the concept of the matrix. "Yes- though it is more finesse than brute force to wrest someone's control away from them via the matrix. You may understand more if you experienced it personally- There are external mind mapping devices that I could use to show you if you'd like. Matrix diving is an experience that is impossible to separate from entering Astral- until you have done it personally."

Queth swirled the last of her drink in her glass as she struggled to put it to words. "If I had to explain it, I'd say that entering the Astral plane, the world of magic, is something akin to seeing past yourself- your energy flowing outwards. Matrix diving is more focusing your energy inwards and connecting from there to somewhere else."

She shrugged at his comment. "That's alright. Due to a magic trip to my past, it never came to pass this time around." She rapped her knuckles against her ribs, which gave a decidedly less hollow sound than they used to when she did so. In fact, it would probably sound incredibly normal to anyone else. "It is just that I somehow have memories of both lives."

"Part of why I'm here. I have not yet had the chance to reintroduce myself to Arjay- and with a happier life, I find I am a notably different person."

Tossing back the last of her drink, she tossed down a few coins to cover both of their drinks before drawing herself up to her full, rather imposing, height. She tipped her head towards the door. "After you- do you have particular opinions about vehicles? I know that Arjay is not terribly fond of them but they do make travelling so much more efficient."

@nyte