DCU-Green Lantern Comics

50 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Michael

All Accounts Posts: 595
Well, that could have gone worse, Jake decided. They hadn't died in that weird, crumbing world. They'd saved the hostages, even! Okay, true, three people (one of the hostages included) had stayed behind, but they'd been up to something, Jake had figured that much out from the weird readings that the ring had given him when he'd tried to re-open the portal when it had shut. True, everyone seemed to be a little more the worse for wear. True, he'd gone all freaking Sinestro at the end there, which was... weird, true enough, but they'd gotten back all right. He'd taken Kai back to the shop for her clothes, and her freaking Star Sapphire ring, which... seriously, damn. The Sapphires could be a pain in the ass, but one thing they were not were pushovers. She wasn't even from his universe and she'd still been chosen by a ring. It was only dumb luck, he figured, that the magic had separated her from the ring, otherwise she wouldn't have even needed him to rescue him.

That thought made him a little sad, for some weird reason.

There would be time to talk about that later, though. He waited until they were outside the shop, and he put his arm around her again, aiming for the sky. She was exhausted after what had happened, he wasn't going to just wait around here with her, was he?

Compassion This was the first time he'd tried to use it, but it worked. In a flash of indigo light, they vanished from the bazaar, reappearing in the safety of Jake's sector house. "Hope you don't mind the shortcut," he said, "But you look like you could use some quiet and a nap at the very least."
Marvel-MCU-1

59 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Stark Tech/Superhero
Ship Status: KAKE
Sexual Orientation: Sexual Orientation is Yes.
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 396
Kai was all but asleep in Jake's arms the moment they were through the portal. If she wasn't so filled with residual adrenaline, she probably would have. It didn't help that she was more comfortable in Jake's arms than she had been with any other lover- which again brought questions to her mind.

Questions that she desperately wanted answered and she was not going to ask. After all, the 'define the relationship' talk was about as unchill as you could get, and her and Jake were supposed to be just chill, casual, no strings. All things that were very easy to forget when someone goes to a dying reality to save you.

And 'supposed to' was a bit much considering they had literally never spoken about whatever it was that was between them.

Realizing that they had arrived back at the magic shop, she considered putting on her clothes- before decided that her uniform would be fine. The ring slid back home to its place on her hand- immediately creating a thin swimsuit style uniform underneath the green clothes Jake had brought into being for her. For the best since he switched colours again and she was momentarily expecting her clothes to dissipate. They did not- this time.

Kai had questions about that, but she was in no real hurry for answers at that moment. She dropped her real clothes on the nearest piece of furniture once she was cognisant of where they were. "No I don't mind. In fact I'm quite grateful." Kai started, pressing a sleepy kiss to his neck. "Not just for the shortcut. I knew you would come to save me." She whispered, afraid that saying it louder would make it more real- that the emotions that drove that conclusion would just gain further purchase in her heart.

Not that she could do much about it. She had seen her pohaku change when she took on her star sapphire uniform- all of them, even the new one going pink. Except for one tiny sliver that stayed resolutely green. The same green, she had noted, that she associated with Jake. Said sliver was now quite buried in the forest of hair that was her scalp.

Kai could puzzle out what it might mean later, when she had the energy to face whatever conclusion she came to.

Yawning, she gave him the biggest smile she could manage, trying to purr around the exhaustion. "Though if you're also hoping for physical gratitude, you'll have to wait until after the nap." She offered with a small laugh at her own state.
DCU-Green Lantern Comics

50 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Michael

Once they were safely in the privacy of Jake’s Space-Pad, he dropped the conjured clothes and found that they hadn’t exactly been necessary, now, had they? Idly, he had to admit that the Sapphires had a much better idea about how to dress their Lanterns… although, granted, he might think differently if he’d ever found a violet ring on his finger. That sort of outfit looked a hell of a lot better on Kai than it would on him. Much better, actually…

Kind of weird, actually, now that he thought about it… for the last good while, he’d been absolutely immune to the fact that she was naked (under his ring, at least). He still was, really (well, almost naked now, admittedly), although he didn’t expect that to last. That hadn’t happened since… actually, it hadn’t ever happened. Huh.

“Of course I was going to come for you,” he scoffed. “C’mon, I fought a hulk for you.” Albeit, a dying, decrepit Hulk, but that hardly mattered. “Not going to lie, though, that was one of the shittiest worlds I’ve been through to. Maybe in part because you were trapped there, but… no, that place just sucked. Let’s try to not do that again, yeah?” He carried her in to the bedroom, setting her down on the bed. Heh… Physical gratitude. And this time, she was even waving it away! Miracles never ceased! “Please. I’m not even up for that until I’ve had a chance to shower until I don’t feel like I’m covered in zombie anymore.” Now, it was true that he knew no zombie had gotten on him through his ring’s shield, but that whole world just had a way of leaving you feel… affected. Dirty, even. Of course, he didn’t know how, exactly, it had affected her at all… “You want me to go? I mean, I get it if you need more quiet than me being around gives you.”
Marvel-MCU-1

59 Posts
4 Threads
Moon

Kai laughed softly at Jake's reply, pulling his head down to where she could press her forehead against his. Closing her eyes, she took one calm breath before focusing on her reply. "I said that I KNEW you would come for me. What part of that sounds uncretain?" She teased with a smile, surprised she had the emotion in her to be happy when she had just come out of the hell that was that world. Her smile just strengthened when he mentioned that he fought the hulk. "My hero." She offered in reply as she tried to wrap her arms around his neck (something she kind of failed at do to an inability to keep her arms up that long.) Blatantly ignoring how much she liked calling him hers. Because that was another avenue of thought she did not need mapped out.

Though her heart was no getting the message and rather trying to beat out of her chest. She wanted to blame herself, but when he went and said things about how it was worse because she was trapped- well who could blame her? Kai was real grateful that she wasn't white at that moment, meant that the small blush burning on her cheeks might go unnoticed. She snorted at his comment about Zombie goo, thanking the stars for a change in topic.

Though it did bring up a thought for her that she really didn't like. First things first however, so she replied to the second comment instead. "Stay." She said softly, sitting down on the edge of the bed as her legs gave out from underneath her. Kai offered him a shy smile. "I'd like you to stay. You make me feel safe." She whispered, the after shocks of the situation finally setting in now that she wasn't in front of strangers. She wasn't sure if her hands were shaking from exhaustion or from residual fear and anger.

Kai cleared her throat and tried to brush it off. "Not that I'm not capable of protecting myself and everything so you don't have to stay if you don't want to- I mean why wouldn't you, I'm a beautiful woman who doesn't care to put on clothes but then I am weird and have strange crystals which is not even remotely normal and I appreciate that your always chill about that and if you care I have a new one not that I assume you care- but if you do then-" Kai was finally forced to pull in a deep breath, and she bit her lip to stop the verbal onslaught. "Sorry. Rambling."

Focusing on the thought that she didn't want to deal with, her face went a full burning red, which there was no pretence of being hidden. "And..." She started, though Kai couldn't believe herself that she was going through with asking this. "I also need a bath- but I don't know that I can hold any part of me up long enough to wash." Kai explained, mouth dry, swallowing hard from pure embarrassment. "Will you help me?" She said finally, forcing her eyes up to meet Jake's gaze.
DCU-Green Lantern Comics

50 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Michael

She wanted him to stay. He made her feel safe. Jake smiled, then… and, of course, grinned when she asserted her lack of helplessness. “Of course you can,” he said, just waiting out the rambling until it inevitably ended. “Of course I'll help you," he said, for all the world not seeing anything else he would have been able to focus on doing right then. When she was in a state like this, he wouldn't be in any right state to do anything but fret about her if she'd told him to leave. "All right, so… bath. Right. No need for a shower, I don’t think, sooooo…” It took some creative connecting to the shower in the bathroom, but then, the sector house was designed for things like that. Holding his ring out, he formed a rather luxurious tub a little ways away from the bed, then turned back to her after he’d turned it on, the water filling it up. Scooping her up, he carried her over and climbed in, his uniform evaporating as he settled in, leaning back against the slanted back of the tub, letting her lean back against his chest. “And for the record? Your crystals are pretty. And I’ve lived in space, my threshold for ‘normal’ doesn’t really exist anymore. I have a friend who’s actually made of fire. These things?” He ran his finger over a pohaku that he could see, “I just look at them as a sign that you know how to accessorize,” he teased.

“Although you really don’t need me here,” he pointed out, sliding his hand down her arm and tapping one finger onto the ring on her finger. “I mean… if I can do this, you can do this. Give it a try. You’re thirsty, right? I’m pretty sure that prick wasn’t giving you anything to eat or drink in there. Soooo…” As if on command, a pitcher of some kind of juice floated into the room on a floating green tray, which waited next to them. “Can you make a glass for yourself?” He settled back into the tub, then, his arm wrapped around her waist under the water, holding her back against him, not particularly minding if she needed his help holding herself steady in the water, since that pressed her tight against him, and he was finding himself very favorable toward that situation. After worrying about her all the way from that shop to the portal out of that damn world, being able to feel that she was all right was a welcome change.
Marvel-MCU-1

59 Posts
4 Threads
Moon

Kai couldn't help the small smile when he confirmed that not only could she take care of herself but that he would in fact help. She liked that he didn't make her feel useless just because she needed help- and... After her paranoid thoughts that he might not actually want to save her, she was rather grateful to be able to be in his arms.

She nuzzled against his chest when he scooped her up, not feeling like putting more effort into her cuddling than that, though she did do the exact same once in the tub. Noting that he no longer had his uniform on, she wrinkled her brow to force hers to likewise dissipate. It took her a moment to get it but she did eventually and sank further against him now that that task was our of the way. His admiring of her pohaku caused her to blush all over again- the running of his fingers along one causing her to shiver not at all unpleasantly. For want of something to say, she launched the orbs from her skin- letting then settle into their balled forms. They flagged under their own weight, but she still moved the red orange one to her hands.

"This is my new one. I get them from strong emotional situations, each one is tethered to an emotion. I've been scared before. But I've never felt so angry and so helpless. So- I'm less helpless than ever now." Kai explained quietly, offering him the red orb to look at.

She sighed into his arms when his arms slid down around her waist. She was hesitant to make a fool of herself, but she also didn't want to not try. Trying to picture a simple glass, she glared at the space beside the pitcher for a moment, annoyed that it wasn't working.

Until it occurred to her that she probably ought to focus on her ring a little as well. Perhaps one day this would be as second nature to her as it was to Jake, but for the time being, she managed a cup, and she was surprisingly proud of herself.

Okay, she thought, time to put this to the test- before she tried to lift the jug with an immaterial hand, more than a little pleased to see that it worked and poured herself a drink. She drank quickly, trying to stop herself from beaming like a six year old who had learned to colour inside the lines. She turned her head slightly to speak to Jake- when she was hit with a yawn that felt like it was splitting her jaw.

Losing all concentration, she was startled but not confused when her creations dissipated and the jug fell a few inches back on to the green platter, sloshing liquid over the edges.

Kai laughed and leaned back so that she had her head tucked under Jake's. (Despite how she sometimes felt, there were actually a few benefits to being short.) "Let's try that again- after the sleep." Something that might come on quickly with how relaxing it was to be in his arms.