Star Trek-AOS

315 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 901
The meeting with Henri Lebeau had gone much better and also much worse than she'd anticipated. He'd laid out what the Theive's Guild would and would not be willing to agree to, and had made it clear that a working partnership would be more acceptable and easier to achieve than a formal alliance. All of that was useful information, information that she'd recorded and would be sent off to the Orion Syndicate when tomorrow's shuttle run happened.

But not that her report was filed, she was free to deal with the more personal matters that the meeting with Henri Lebeau had brought up. Specifically, the fact that apparently Remy wanted more than just a casual, physical and temporary relationship with her.

Jaya was aware that, truthfully, their situation hadn't changed-she might still be called upon to seek a long term relationship elsewhere, although the fact that Henri had offered five years of relocation services as a bride price, as an opening bid was hopeful. But she also knew that she couldn't be aware of Remy's feelings, of the fact that they mirrored her own, and let it go with saying nothing. Perhaps things were still temporary, but she was going to have everything she could while she could have it.

It might be foolish, it might be a choice that would bring great pain to both of them, but it was the only choice she could make.

So here she was, knocking on Remy's door.

"I think that we need to talk." she said when he opened the door "I had a conversation with your brother, and he revealed some information that, I think, requires discussion."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

128 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Thief/Scout/Scoundrel
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,271
Had Remy been a cat, his fur would have been puffed out, tail held out stiffly and poofed out as well, looking at least twice his size, claws and teeth all visible. Being that he wasn’t a cat, he stalked around his apartment, glass of bourbon in one hand, a single glowing card sliding through the fingers of the other.

His personal life should be his. He shouldn’t have to deal with his sister in law butting her nose into things. And if he wanted to give Jaya the friend’s discount on work done for her, well, he had that right, damn it! She’d come to him, not the Guild, and he’d only gone to Mercy with the contract... it wasn’t necessary, it was a courtesy, because she and Henri were here in Hub, he gave them a show of respect, and the woman had thrown that respect and courtesy back in his face, berating him and insulting his femme because she didn’t like the fact that he was seeing an Orion woman!

Next time, he would simply make the contract and hand over his tithe like he had been doing for the past eleven years, and not bother going to the trouble of trying to be proper and courteous. Because frankly, Mercy had thrown that in his face, used it against him, and spit on it.

The knock on his door had him turning to face it, frowning, crimson irises nearly glowing with the same power that lit the card that slid deftly between his fingers, not stopping even as he moved to open the door before walking backwards.

It was Jaya, saying they needed to talk. He turned away from her, his voice husky as he poured her a measure of the bourbon, “Best dat we speak o’ dis over a drink den, non?” He wasn’t drunk, he didn’t smell of too much alcohol, but if this concerned Henri telling her something that she now felt required discussion… He was not looking forward to said discussion…
Star Trek-AOS

315 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya hadn't expected Remy to appear upset, no, not just upset-he was angry about something, or for him to be ingesting intoxicatants, and so she followed him inside with a slight frown of her own. For a moment, she considered changing the topic of conversation to something that would calm him, and avoid distressing topics but no-Remy wasn't a mark, to be soothed and cozened, and he deserved honesty. Best to just speak plainly and honestly.

"When I went to see your brother he said that he had reason to believe that you were interested in-that you wanted to court me. Formally, with the intention of marrying." no need to get into the difficulties that this would pose, not immediately anyway. What mattered was what such a desire might mean for them, and for their relationship "This makes me thing that perhaps I was right in thinking that you'd been courting me for some time, and that I've been foolish in trying to convince myself that I was mistaken. That my feelings for you were clouding my judgement-because I would like it very much if you were courting me. If our relationship was more than just a pleasant diversion."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

128 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

The entire mess with Mercy was upsetting. She was his sister in law, she had known him since before his exile… And she had called him lust-addled. She had been offensive, insulting, and downright mean about Jaya. Toward Jaya.

The fact that Henri had had to come talk to him about the whole thing… That was humiliating. Why did it matter if he had feelings for Jaya? The Guild had no real use of his personal life, and the family… Henri hadn’t needed to make the meeting so formal if he were just asking as a brother; they could have had drinks and Henri could have just asked. No, this was formal, Mercy’s issues with the woman he was with, the woman he had been trying to court for months, had spilled over into the Guild business.

And he was the one being questioned about his level-headedness and whether he had stayed true to the Guild.

A few moments after he’d opened the door, the card glowed brighter than it had been for half a second before Remy remembered himself and reabsorbed the entire charge before it blew up on accident.

"When I went to see your brother he said that he had reason to believe that you were interested in-that you wanted to court me. Formally, with the intention of marrying."

“Merde.” What the hell had gotten into his family?!? “He tol’ yo’ dat?!?” The question was accompanied by the shattering of glass and the softer sound of liquid spilling over the floor. “Ce gosse perfide! Je lui ai fait confiance!” To say that Remy was beside himself, and more distressed than angry would be a grave understatement. What on earth, Hub, or anywhere else was Henri thinking, telling her that?! The anger would come later; right now, Remy was hurt. Enough that he nearly missed what she said next. And that would have been a shame. A terrible, horrible crime against his heart.

He bent to charge the pieces of glass and liquid, just enough to disintegrate them without damaging the floor (a few scorch marks would be gone in less than an hour, he knew) and then looked at her, crimson eyes cautious, but honest, “Yo’ were never jus’ a diversion, chere.” He shrugged almost casually, but he wasn’t truly trying to fool her, “What did yo’ t’ink de gifts were? Yo’ t’ink I give poetry an’ fine jewels t’a diversion?” That first night, maybe he’d considered her a fun evening, someone warm and cozy to share a bed with, but then she had started to speak to him, not just flirt and giggle at things he said that she might think should be funny, but to honestly talk, and he’d found her intelligent and engaging outside of the bedroom, as much fun as they had within it, found himself thinking of her when she wasn’t there…

His voice was low and soft when he told her, “I would no’ have given yo’ such a good price on dat contract if I did no’ care fo’ yo’, Jaya. Yo’ much more dan a diversion.” ‘More’ enough that it bothered him that Mercy judged her so harshly, that this was all such a problem. Enough that he’d gone out of his way to get her little things from his jobs… Why else would he have done that?? “Yo’ did no’ realize what I was tryin’ t’do? I t’ought yo’ jus’ did no’ feel de same way.”
Star Trek-AOS

315 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya was taken aback when Remy’s reaction to what she’d been told by Henri involved exploding glass, spilled liquor and French profanity. She understood the French perfectly well, thanks to her universal translator, but the fact that he was speaking French meant that he was in a deeply agitated state.

Fortunately his next statement, that she’d never been just a diversion to him, put her mind at ease. He was upset with his brother for telling her-likely he’d wanted to speak to her first, which was something that she would have liked as well, since Henri’s revelation had come as something of a shock, and she knew that she’d explained the likely difficulties and complications badly. Still, she could speak to his brother again, and use her surprise as an excuse, if she needed to do so. But that was for the future. Right now, what mattered was Remy, and talking things out with him.

“I wanted the gifts to be a sign that you were courting me.” Jaya said “I wanted that so much that I convinced myself that I was seeing what I wanted to see-and that you were giving me gifts because you were my friend, or even that it was a way of compensating me for my time without exactly paying.” she smiled wryly “Now, I see that I was being foolish, but in my universe, I wouldn’t expect a Terran to do anything so normal as courting a woman with fine jewels and art work. I realized what you were trying to do, but I kept looking for alternative explanations, instead of believing the most obvious one. And then I was afraid to say something, because I didn’t want you to break things off, if I really was just a friend that you had sex with sometimes. And it wasn’t as though you said what the gifts meant. You didn’t ever remark on the fact that I haven’t taken on any new clients, and reducing the number of old ones, either Remy, and I know you must have heard whispers about that. Or noticed the way that I always had time for you, and that I come to your house, and that when you are at my home, you are allowed into the family quarters, and into my real bedroom.” another wry smile as she said “But now we know-you’ve been courting me, and I’ve been happy to have you do so. So, how do you want to proceede from here?”
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

128 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

The reason behind Remy’s distress was simple; he had trusted his brother and confided in him, and the man had turned around and told the very woman Remy had least wanted to know. Yes, Mercy didn’t like Jaya. Yes, Remy had given Jaya the same sort of price he’d have given another of his close friends. When Henri asked if Jaya was only a friend, or only a woman he was sleeping with, Remy had been honest. Mercy could hate it all she’d like; Remy wasn’t thrilled with having feelings about a woman who didn’t think of him as anything more than a friend she slept with, but it was what it was, and Remy was trying to come to terms with that. He definitely wasn’t going to lie to his brother about it.

And Henri had turned around and told Jaya. Remy’s feelings hadn’t even needed to come up in that conversation! That they was not only worrisome, but it left Remy at a distinct disadvantage in this situation, with Jaya, but also with his brother and sister in law. It was surprise, hurt, betrayal, and embarrassment that had the glass in his hand overcharge and explode. The French profanity really wasn’t all that uncommon, but the longer comment… That was a dead giveaway that Remy was distressed.

Remy had never thought about the fact that Jaya might not realize that her gifts were all stolen; that it was a Guild tradition as well as a way of showing her just how good he was at what he did. He gave a soft snort to dismiss her concerns, shaking his head, “I tol’ yo’ up front dat I do no’ pay, Jaya.” He had never offered to do so, even once they’d started seeing each other. Even when he took up more of her time, eating into her earnings. Remy had figured that if her income was suffering too much, she would have eventually either spoken to him about it or otherwise made sure he knew to back off a bit. She never had. He’d heard the rumors; Remy was well connected, when he had an interest in something or someone, he heard the relevant things. “I figured if I was takin’ up too much o’ yo’ time, yo’ would have said somet’ing.” He had also eschewed any other bedmates or diversions, which had gotten the attention of a few of his friends. And then she’d left, and he’d gone and confided in Pete, though truth be told, they had both drank enough that night that he wasn’t sure if Pete would even remember why Remy had been drinking in the first place.

With a quiet sigh, Remy reached to gently shift her hair back, more an obvious excuse to touch her than anything else, “Chere, a t’ief does no’ take de risk o’ stealing somet’ing extra t’give t’someone if dey mean not’ing. If she hadn’t realized her gifts had been stolen while he’d been on jobs, now she likely would. “Et es t’mean dat I was t’inking o’ yo’, even den.” That she’d been on his mind, even when he was working, that he had picked those items specifically for her - they weren’t just a piece of loot, that he’d risked taking that extra thing back with him, that he was good enough to do it. “We bot’ been foolish, haven’t we? I said dat yo’ cut back because yo’ grew tired o’ some, an’ waited for et t’be my turn next. I said dat yo’ jus’ didn’ need de money. Dat we were friends.”

She’d been happy to have him court her. The smile that crossed Remy’s face was slow but bright, even as his eyes darkened just a little. Still, she asked a complicated question; one to which Remy wasn’t certain of the answer. “Well, dat depends.” If she’d been a member of the Guild, or even a woman from his own world, he would know; he’d have to speak with her parents eventually, but.. “How do yo’ people do dis, chere? We have dis much en common, but no’ everyt’ing.”
Star Trek-AOS

315 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya smiled softly when he told her how he'd obtained the gifts he'd given her-she'd suspected that they'd been stolen, of course, given Remy's profession, or at least paid for with stolen goods, but she hadn't realized the significance of the act, but now that he'd told her, well, it made the gifts all the more precious to her.

"Yes, we were both foolish." Jaya agreed "I was getting rid of the tiresome males first, its true, but you were never in any danger of that, sweetness. And its true that we're friends, but we're more than that-and have been for some time, I think, even if neither would admit it to the other." she sighed happily at his touch, glad to feel him caressing her.

"It depends." Jaya said, repeating his words, because it was complicated. On her end as well as his. "If you were Orion, or from one of the species that are allied with the Orion Syndicate, it would be as simple as contacting my parents, and arranging to pay them the bride price. And the marriage ceremony of course, but Orion ones are quite simple. Well, unless your bride is terribly modern, and thinks that paying a bride price is an archaic custom, but that is neither here nor there." she reached up, stroking his cheek, partially to soften what she was about to say next, and partially because she saw no reason to resist the urge to touch him. "Terrans-at least in my universe-are not allied with the Orion Syndicate-which means that the match would have to be approved by the Syndicate-marriage to a Terran would be completely without precedent. It isn't impossible that they would approve, although it would be more likely if an alliance with the Thieve's Guild, or at least a close working relationship with the Thieve's Guild was on the table as a possibility." she sighed "I was told by your brother that a full alliance was impossible, and I fear that I put him off by explaining the complications badly-I was more than a bit surprised when he told me, and I wasn't thinking as clearly as I should have been. Perhaps we can go back, and explain it better, and see if something can be negotiated." she rested her head on his shoulder wanting to be close to him "If we can't marry, it might still be possible for us to be together-although that would require approval by the Syndicate as well. Not so much because they care about the details of my personal life, but because any arrangement we come to will affect what a male expects when he expresses interest in winning an Orion Dancing Girl for his own, so it isn't just about the two of us, but about the future of Orions in the Hub. Still, I think that the Syndicate would approve-to the idea of me being with you exclusively. How is it with your people?" she asked "I'd gathered that arranged marriages are the rule, but you didn't explain the details, and what your brother said was a bit confusing on that score."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

128 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

They were being honest with each other, speaking their minds. and Remy was telling Jaya the truth. He had stolen the gifts he'd given her, specifically to give them to her. It was an old tradition, but one still very much alive in the Guild.

Jaya's sigh and simple acceptance of the touch encouraged the Cajun who turned what would have been a fleeting caress into one that was more drawn out, threading his fingers through her hair, brushing her temple with his knuckles gently. ''Et es a terrible t'ing, what fear drives us to, non?"

When she began her answer to his question, Remy focused, paying attention to what she said. Bride price. Doweries were not unheard of, especially among the older Cajun families; marriages were often political, and such trades nullified payment, but marriages born of love? Often the old traditions still applied. Being refused because he was human, though... That was troubling... And...

And here they were, discussing marriages and doweries, and yesterday he had told Henri that he hadn't even been sure Jaya would be interested in an official relationship. He still felt betrayed by his older brother, but now he also felt grateful to him, too. The irony of this wasn't lost on him. Emotions weaved tangled webs; he'd need time to sort through this one, but he knew he needed to speak with his brother in order to do so.

Marriage might not be possible, but from how Jaya spoke, it was neither off the table nor unwanted by either of them. So Remy listened, noting where the problems were, and what may or may not be possible. So far, nothing was entirely off the table. Good. "Firs' things firs', Chere. Es dis what yo' want? No' fo' yo' people, I mean, but fo' yo. Fo' us. De rest aside fo' now. Es dis what yo' want?"

It wasn't until she answered that he breathed again. "En New Orleans, we do have doweries, sometimes. Dere are two types o' marriages: de political ones, which oui, are arranged beforehand, an' dose where a dowery es expected. At least, among de old families. No' everyone lives by our rules o' culture." Remy shrugged at that fact; it wasn't his problem, it wasn't his culture that did things differently, and as such, it didn't affect him. "Were we dere, I would have gone t'yo' parents an' asked fo' yo' hand, an' we would have come to an agreement about yo' dowery. O' mon Pere et Frere would have gone t'dem an' arranged et." What had his brother told her that would have confused her? "I'm no' sure why dis would be confusing, Chere. What did Henri say dat muddled t'ings?"
Star Trek-AOS

315 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

"What I want is to be with you. No matter what we have to call it, even if it can't be forever." Remy asked what she wanted, and they were being honest, which meant that she wasn't going to tell sweet lies and pretend that she wasn't constrained by who and what she was, or that he didn't face the same constraints. "What I want is to be with you, for as long as I can be." some tension that she had been holding inside of her broke as she said the words, and she found herself pulling him closer, kissing him with tender passion as she realized that, at least for a time, she could have this. Could be with him, truly be with him. That was what mattered, the rest were simply details.

"I think that in part I was so surprised by when he first asked who in my family he'd need to talk to about arranging for you to court me formally that I wasn't able to explain things properly, and to find out what he meant. I think that he was also trying to determine the answers to different possibilities-at first he was asking about arranging a courtship, then he was telling me that he wouldn't involve you in a political marriage, or consider an alliance with the Orion Syndicate at all, next he was inviting me to leave the Syndicate and join your Guild and offering a very generous bride price in exchange, then he was telling me that this was all hypothetical and that you were not easily caught. It was confusing, and I added to the confusion by trying to explain that the Orion Syndicate doesn't permit marriages to occur where there isn't an established alliance, or some sort of an agreement for peace and cooperation, which seemed to displease him." she went from looking Remy in the eye to snuggling against him once more. "I don't think he trusted me, and I think he was a little afraid as well. I've seen that reaction before, from Terrans, I'd hoped that your brother would be different."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

128 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

To be together, even if it couldn't be forever. It was the truth, he knew that, it wasn't not what he wanted… To be together as long as they could be wasn't an unfathomable or unreachable goal, but Remy knew even if they had years, it wouldn't be long enough, not for him and perhaps not for her either. still, it would be better than nothing. When she pulled him close and kissed him, Remy kissed her back with a similar tenderness as she showed him. Yes, marriage wasn't something that he would balk at, but it might not be an option, not for them. Even as they kissed, Remy considered whether or not that would be acceptable in the long term; a decade from now, would being together unofficially but exclusively be enough? Not just for him, but for her as well? he wasn't sure, but he supposed it might come down to they would have to find out.

“I wan’ t’be with yo’. I was willing t’accept bein’ wit’ yo’ unofficially, t’inking yo’ did no’ feel de same. I do’ no’ t’ink dis es worse.” The idea that Henri had discussed with her Remy officially courting her brought up conflicting emotions; on one hand, it was amusing to think of his brother doing something like that, on the other, he had confided in his brother, and this was a breach of that confidence. not that he could truly blame Henri.

We didn't sit well with him was the fact that Jaya seemed confused. how it is brother seems so muddled? That was unlike Henry.

When Jaya curled against him, Remy held her close, it seemed in either of the money to be far from each other right now. he considered everything she said, considered the situation, considered how is sister-in-law felt about Jaya, and wondered if that had anything to do with why Henry had seemed so muddled and untrusting. It was likely. She was his wife, of course he was going to listen to her, that was only right. Still he was his brother, and that should count for something too. “ Chere, I will talk to mon frere, an’ we will figure dis out. Don' let his mistrust way too heavily on yo’, we’re t’ieves, we don' trust anyone.” Remy actually chuckled slightly, it was true, at least to a point; thieves did not tend to trust other people, people they didn't know, and Henry had never met Jaya before today. “ Give him time t’get t’ know yo’, an’ yo’ will find dat he es a very good brother. At least, he es when he's not telling all my secrets.”
Star Trek-AOS

315 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

"This is better." Jaya replied "As of now, we're together, sweetness, and I want us to have as much as we can, for as long as we can. A lifetime, if we can manage it." his lifetime, that was. Orions were longer lived than Terrans and, well, there was no sense in worrying about what would happen in fifty or sixty years. "Because I love you." she added "I don't think I've said that, and it seems important to say." and was important to say to him, now, instead of him getting the news second hand from his brother.

Speaking of which "Yes, speak to him, and we'll find out what can be worked out. I don't expect him to trust me after one meeting, but that isn't what worries me. In my universe there is a great deal of mistrust between Terrans and Orions, mainly because they mistrust our powers-and in my universe, at least, Terran females find our pheromones-well, they make them irrationally angry. It isn't just Terrans, it happens to other species as well, and in the Hub I've met some Terran females who don't seem to be affected, I'd hoped that your universe was one that was different. I still hope that, sweetness, so yes, talk to your brother, and we'll go from there."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

128 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

“Oui, dis es better dan nothing.” And it was, even if it wasn't what either of them really wanted, if this was all they could have, then at least they can have this much. It was still a little bit shocking, to think that Jaya wanted the same sort of relationship that he did, that she hadn't commented on his courtship of her because she hadn't wanted to believe but that was what it was because she thought it was too good to be true. A lifetime. “J'taime, chere. Oui, it is important, and it is important to me that you know too.”

He hadn't said that to Henri. Hadn't told his brother just exactly how much he felt for Jaya. But then Henri had never asked, either. Not really. And it was easier for Remy to pretend as though these feelings weren't real if he didn't acknowledge them out loud. That was of course, easier to do when not being faced with the same feelings coming from Jaya.

Nodding to Jaya, Remy agreed, “Ah will speak t’him, Ah'm no’ sure what if anyt’ing will change, chere, but we will make sure dat dere are no misunders’andings left.. Dat is a very least I can promise yo’, that everyone be on the same page.” He looked at her for a long moment, quietly considering just what he could tell her, before deciding the truth was going to be the best option here. “Ah am exiled chere, Ah'm still part of the Guild, still ma Pere's son, ma brother's brother, but our options are limited here.” He couldn’t, and wouldn’t share Guild secrets with her; not because he didn’t trust her, but because he would not give Mercy (or Henri) any reason to believe or spout bullshit about him being compromised. Because he wasn’t.

Irrationally angry… Huh. That…. “Dat might explain some t’ings…” Remy was quiet for a few moments before he looked at Jaya, “Es dere a way t’make dat stop? De irrational dislike?” If there was a way to allow Mercy to be unaffected…. Remy’s anger with his sister wasn't entirely gone, but hearing that it wasn't her fault… that it was biology causing it, that helped. It meant that Mercy’s harsh judgment of Jaya wasn't rooted in some underlying prejudice. That it wasn't because she had green skin or because of having a less than “noble” profession, but because Jaya’s pheromones affected her negatively.

What a relief.
Star Trek-AOS

315 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya smiled when Remy told her that he loved her, not that she'd doubted that he returned her affection, but it was good to hear the words, to hear them and to say them and to know that they wanted the same things. To know that he was willing to try to speak to his brother, to try to explain things, and, hopefully, remove some of the barriers to them being together. "I understand, sweetness." she replied "All we can do is try, but your brother seemed like a reasonable man, and he cares for you. I hope that will help."

"I don't know." Jaya said, being completely honest "There are suppressants that Terrans in my universe sometimes use, that reduces the effect of Orion pheromones, but I've never heard of a female Terran using them. Typically they are used by males, who have to spend a great deal of time close to Orion women, and who want to avoid the urge to couple with them." which wasn't something that Jaya understood, even after experiencing that with McCoy, who she still missed, and who's death she regretted. "Its possible that they would work, but I don't know for certain. There isn't anything that I can do, suppressing my pheromones any time that Henri's mate" at least, she assumed that was the reason why Remy was asing "would be incredibly difficult, although I could try to do so when I first meet her. If you think that would help, although she has probably already been exposed, since they would have lingered in the room after I was done speaking to Henri. I wasn't trying to influence him" she added, wanting to make sure Remy didn't misunderstand "but I also wasn't actively shutting them down, either."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

128 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

He might not enjoy admitting it, but if he were going to be very, very honest with himself (and with Jaya as well), Remy would have to admit that yes, he loved her. He wasn’t sure if this was the forever-and-ever sort of love, or if it would be one that eventually would fade away. Much of that, he knew, depended on if they were still looking at a time limit for their relationship; it would be hard to go all in if they had an expiration date, sure he’d try, and he’d take what he could get, but that definitely put a damper on things. But yes, he would be speaking with Henri, to find out what, exactly, the issues were and if there were any possible resolutions to them His greatest concern right now was being told by Henri that he couldn’t continue to see Jaya. That…

Suppressants? Remy honestly didn’t consider them for himself; he trusted Jaya not to use her pheromones on him to manipulate him, but his brother, and especially Mercy if her issues with Jaya stemmed from the Orion’s pheromones, could benefit from them, could perhaps learn trust using it. And maybe, just maybe, if it worked, Mercy could legitimately get to know Jaya.

It was hard to be quite as furious with his sister as he’d been before, thinking it was a biological issue between the two women that had caused all of the hatred she had shown toward Jaya. And honestly, it felt good that, for the first time in days now, Remy could relax a little bit, he could let go of some of that anger, and those feelings of hurt and betrayal, because if this were the case it meant that Mercy couldn’t help it, and that there might be a way to improve the situation. He nodded slowly to Jaya’s statement, “Non, don’ worry about tryin’ t’go t’extremes, chere. But et might be useful, if et would work on de femmes, fo’ dem t’stay objective.” Specifically, for Mercy to be able to keep her damn mind. And if Henri wanted to take the things to appease his wife, that was between them. He had to wonder whether his sister in law had been okay with Henri meeting with Jaya in person… He might never find that information out, because he wasn’t about to ask his brother about it, but Remy was indeed curious.
Star Trek-AOS

315 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya didn't know if her relationship with, and feelings for Remy was something that was going to last or not, and at the moment, she didn't particularly care about that question. What she knew was that they had now, and that now, in this moment, she was in the arms of a man she loved, and who loved her. And at the moment, that was enough. Tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that could all take care of themselves.

"It would be useful, yes." Jaya agreed "I'll get you a few hyposprays, we can see if your brother's mate would be willing to try it out." knowing that she might not trust it, or anything that came from an Orion, especially if exposure to Jaya's pheromones had already started to sow distrust. Of course, regardless of how she reacted to the hypospray, it would be worth mentioning in her next report that Terran females from Remy's universe were affected negatively by Orion women's pheromones. Since there seemed to be a number of universes where that was not the case, it would probably push Remy's universe much lower on the Orion Syndicate's priority list.