Dungeons & Dragons-Forgotten Realms

18 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Artificer/Alchemist
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Yes!
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 447
Looking up at the sign that marked the...shop...that she had arrived at, Fizzle blinked. La Petite Mortgage. O...kay. Sure. She heard this was the place to go if you were looking to rent or buy space in the marketplace here in Hub, and hey! That was something! She could continue to make some coin doing what she did best. Doing what she loved to do! Excellent!

With absolutely no hesitation, Fizzle opened the door to the place and walked in, bouncing along on her toes and marching around the shop, having a look around and taking in her fill of the sights that were to be had. In a way, this place reminded her of her shop in Waterdeep; all crammed shelves filled to overflowing with relics and potions and items both magical and mundane, some that were intelligent or cursed or both, and others that were just exactly what they appeared to be.

Fizzle had always liked to collect, and when you travelled the world for decades with friends who were happy to indulge your desire to take souvenirs and trophies, well, you really ended up with a lot of stuff.

She wondered if the owner of this shop also travelled to collect the vast and varied items in this place, or if it had all been purchased from one place or another. Or travelling peddlers! That was another great way to accumulate things!

“Good day! I was told that this was the place to come to see about getting myself some space in the market?” Fizzle didn’t bother to stop moving around the room, looking at all the things on display. She quite respectfully didn’t actually touch anything, but she obviously wanted to. Still, you just never knew when something had a abjuration spell on it, or was cursed. Or when something would send you into a conversation with a god or… The possibilities were endless. And truly, Fizzle had little interest in conversing with gods or having her alignment shifted to something truly horrifying. Like… Lawful anything.

Nope. it was enough that Alludiel had constantly threatened to purchase an atonement spell for her. It had almost been enough to keep her hands off of his spellbook. Almost.

It hadn’t been enough, though, and really, watching the self righteous elf have to trudge through a sewer to retrieve his precious book was more than worth that damn spell! Totally worth it! Even if her knees had ached for days after all the damn kneeling and genuflecting and…

She didn’t even worship Corellon Larethian!

“So, I was hoping that we could work out a deal, hey?”
All-All

63 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 628
Death in this aspect was a human woman of Indian descent; a persistent playful smirk hovered about ruby lips that clashed gleefully with the burnt umber pencil skirt suit, rose blouse and subtle green eyeshadow.

“Why yes!” She gestured to a pair of overstuffed chairs, next to the window. “What sort of accommodation are you looking for?” She knew, she always knew, but that wasn't part of the game was it?

“And do you have anything to trade for the space? Are you planning on staying long? Or returning back and forth between your home world?”

Death picked a decanter filled with a swirling purple liquid pouring them both a glass. “Do try it, it changes with your mood!”

18 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

Fizzle took very little stock of what the woman was wearing. No no, the things that Fizzle noticed was that she was human with dark hair and eyes and that she had a very similar expression on her face to the sort that Alludiel often wore, especially when he just about ready to launch into a lecture about the use of corpses in magical rituals needing to be fresh or some such nonsense. Things that were only entertaining to wizards. And yeah, this lady definitely had the air of a mage to her.

Or maybe a sorceress. The sort that had everything just sort of come to them, not the kind who had to study and memorize, but the kind with the natural knack. Well, Fizzle could relate to that! Alchemy had just been… Her thing! It came to her.

Come to think of it, that might be why Alludiel had always been jealous!

Grinning happily and plopping her ass into the seat the woman had gestured to and scooting back just a bit so that she was sitting with her knees curling around the chair, back unsupported, but not uncomfortably so. Big people chairs were always like this, but the gnome had grown accustomed to furniture being made for larger people. Came with travelling with a bunch of tall, gangly sorts. Or thick chested half ogres in the case of Tarkas. Whatever! The point was that they were all bigger than her! “Well, I was hoping for a shop, really. I’m a master alchemist, artificer, and I dabble in other things, but mostly… Alchemy. I’d need a lab… Or at least space to set up a lab. Somewhere that can handle some… Um… Booms. Because I sometimes make ‘em…”

To trade? The gnome perked up, “I’ve got some coin. OH! Free potions? Who doesn’t love free potions?! Thunderstones? Those’re great. More useful than most give ‘em credit for! I…” Fizzle considered, “I can go home?” She blinked, looking happy and surprised and considering the possibility. “If I can, then I’ll come back and forth, but I’ll be around. This place doesn’t seem like a bad place, and I like that I don’t have to hire people to fix things when I blow up my place I already have! So convenient!” And oh, had she exploded her shop several times already now, just to watch it knit itself back together, and that was really something!! Fizzle loved it!

A drink that changed with her mood? Interesting! Fizzle took the glass boldly, taking a long sip to try the taste before she grinned, giggled, and then took another drink. “It’s great!”
All-All

63 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Death blinked, donning a pair of horn rim spectacles “Oh dear, I have a smaller chair if that would be come comfortable.” This aspect felt...fussy, amused but fussy. “Oh! I have a perfect place!” She pulled out a folder from the stack behind them. “There is a shop just opening up, The last owner has found his way to a final home.” she laid out a set of photos of the interior; “Now clearly it was set up as a apothecary before but the technology level is approximate to your own so with a little bit of patience you should be able to figure out anything left behind.” she continued.

“Now incase you weren’t aware, anything native to here will be recreated in the event of any...accidents. But anything brought in from other worlds stay destroyed. You will be sharing a wall with a doctor...healer if you will. ”

Death had no need for material things, but it was part of the play she was acting to bargain; “Some can return home, for others this is their final home.” Death took a drink from her own glass, the pale milky liquid tasting faintly of cherry blossoms.

“Well I do have a request...I wonder if for your rent you would refrain from making True seeing, potions or items.” She finished with a fussy little blink.

18 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

Fizzle laughed easily at the woman’s offer for a smaller chair, shrugging, “Nah, this one’s fine. I’m used to big furniture. Been away from Lantan for too long not to be, you know? Or maybe you don’t… Lantan’s pretty far away, after all, especially from here. Worlds away!” The gnome all but snorted with laughter at her not so funny joke. The perfect place? That had Fizzle’s attention, and she watched the lady more attentively, “Oh?”

The gnome shifted in order to better view the pictures that the realtor was offering her, taking in the general size of the shop based on how it appeared, the sizes of everything within the room giving her reference. Figuring out how to use whatever was left behind would be fun, so that wasn’t a concern, not really, not for Fizzle at least. “Can it handle booms? I don’t make the really big sort - like the one that ended me up here - all that often, but sometimes potions go awry, even for a master alchemist like myself, and so smaller booms are sort of just… Inevitable, you see?”

Anything native would be recreated in the event of an accident… Interesting. “Alright, so leave the gold at home or far away from exploding things. Gotcha. Thanks. Hate to lose coin like that. Just a waste!”

Being close to a healer wasn’t a bad thing, either. Not that Fizzle tended to need more than her own personal rejuvenation potions, but just in case… A healer close by could turn out fortuitous. Fizzle was never one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Unless it really was a horse, and then she’d look just to make sure the beast was healthy. And hopefully it wasn’t a horse horse but a pony, because she was pretty sure that she’d never be able to lug herself up onto a full sized beastie.

“Well, home to me is in my real shop, but I like it here so far. It’s…” Fizzle paused, taking in how this woman was speaking of ‘final homes’ and how some could return though no everyone… “This isn’t… Kelemvor’s kingdom, is it?” The gnome wasn’t upset, or nervous, but she was quite curious. “Did I die in that explosion?” She frowned, “I don’t feel dead. But then… Who’s to say it’s always the same, right?”

Not to make True Seeing? It was a strange request, “Well, I can keep it off my shelves in the shop, sure. It’s not a bestseller or anything.” She tilted her head, looking at the strange woman in front of her, “Why?”
All-All

63 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Well next time you visit i’ll have something the right size, just because you’ve become used to inconvenience doesn’t make it pleasant.” Death smiled just a touch vaguely, a fussy librarian of a woman. “Fireballs, Flame strikes, even an elder dragon breath shouldn’t do more than scorch the paint.” She affirmed, “Just take care.” repeating her warning.

A shadow passed across her face; the fussy little expression melting into something that was just for an instant was so immeasurably ancient “No.” her voice softened with that same age, “Not yet young one.” the moment lasted less than a heartbeat before that same bright yet slightly vague little smile returned, “Oh I don’t think so! There are some dead folk running around, but I don’t think you number them...but even if you did this isn’t such a bad after life is it?” giggling to herself Death gathered the folder, pulling out a contract written in gnommish, “Because there are things here that would drive some people mad.” she smiled brightly, light reflecting off her glasses hiding her eyes. “And some of the dead don’t know it yet. It would be terribly traumatic if they found out through careless curiosity.”

Death was well aware she’d just dangled out enough of a mystery to ensnare the hopelessly curious gnome, the only question was how deep down the rabbit hole she would fall and if she would emerge sane.

She had a good chance of it. Gnomes were notoriously hard to crack.

18 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

Really the fussy librarian woman was pretty nice. Most people would be less than aware of the struggle a gnome faced to sit in human sized seating. Those who did notice might make the offer to find something, yes, but upon being told it wasn't necessary, would let the matter drop. But not this lady. “Much obliged then. And appreciated." An elder dragon's breath... Wow.

Dying wasn't a fun prospect. Being dead. If she had died, how long would it take for Jon or Alludiel to find a priest willing to resurrect her.

How long would it take for them to find her?

Aw, man. She could be dead awhile. But the librarian lady said she wasn't dead yet. Or again. Good to know! Fizzle beamed a sunny smile at her, "well good thing then! Not interested in visiting good Gond for awhile yet. But can't always get the time you want. Just gotta cram in as much as you can while ya got the time left, right?" Gnome thinking; live big and full for as long as you can. "Nah. This is pretty nice. And I've still got alchemy! So far, so good!”

Surprisingly, Fizzle actually read the contract, and read it thoroughly and with care. She knew quite well about fine print, and she wasn't interested in having any surprises.

Things here that would drive some people mad. Because some of the dead didn't know they were dead.

Where, exactly, was this place?? fizzle's curiosity burned in her mind now, “What a foolish notion! Carelessness is just... Gnomes have a reputation, I know, but really, it is a fool who abandons caution when exploring a curiosity."

Fizzle planned on finding out just why The Seeing was a concern, but like a good gnome and scientist, she would take precautions. But that only meant that she would be patient about her curiosity, not that she would abandon it. Not by a long shot!