Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: KaalthIts Not Easy Being Green.
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

All Accounts Posts: 896
Kaalth was in his room, tossing his meager possessions into a sack. He still didn't own very many things-a few changes of clothes, a tablet that was loaded with the lessons Nala-that the copy of Nala had made for him, a few books written in Orion, a blanket. There were a couple of boxes in the closet, but he left those alone-they were full of things he'd bought for Nala. Kaalth knew that she wouldn't want them, but maybe the other girls could divide them up between themselves. After a moments reflection, he tossed the package-which contained beads of the kind used to adorn a Orion woman's hip wrap and the shawl on top of the box.

Once that was done, he walked over to the bed, and got down on his hands and knees and pulled out his cashbox. He sat down on the bed, just looking at it, not daring to open it. It was full of currency from a dozen worlds-as long as those worlds used gold, silver or platinum as currency, as well as precious stones. Value was difficult to determine across worlds, but he'd been saving for months-working every odd job he could get, and saving most of the tips he got from customers, and it was, by his best guess, about half of what he'd need to give to Nala's family if he bought her as a bride.

Not that he'd ever need it, now. So he sat, just holding it, tears streaming down his face.
Sons of Anarchy-Main TV Universe

93 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 737
Well, shit.

Jax had kept himself pretty much busy since Jaya had gotten back, since everyone seemed to have their own hobbies. Jaya was reacquainting herself with supposedly important men, Kaalth was acquainting himself with Nala, the various other Orions were establishing their places in the pecking order, all stuff that Jax really, really wasn’t eager to find himself in the middle of. He’d taken his shifts, and then he’d gone riding a lot, reaped a few marks, and this was what he came back to?

Well, it wasn’t like they hadn’t known that there would be problems that could come up. He’d hoped for the best, but it looked like the problems had come up after all. He took a moment to steel himself, stepped into his room, and came back with a bottle of whiskey he’d picked up while he was riding. Sometimes, you just needed a taste of home, and sometimes, you just needed to get drunk. Jax needed the former, and it looked like Kaalth needed the latter. So, stepping into the big Orion’s room, Jax sealed the door behind him, opening the bottle and offering it for Kaalth to take a swig. “What happened?” he asked. Getting the details out of the way early would probably be the best idea.
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

Kaalth took the bottle, contemplated it for a moment, and then handed it back to Jax with a shake of his head "Thanks man, but if I start drinking I'm not gonna stop until I'm wasted, and I need to get my shit moved to the new place first." he set the box down on the bed and opened it, then pulled out one of the pouches inside-it had enough in there to pay his rent for awhile at the place Death owned- and shoved it into the top of the bag that held his belongings, then closed the box.

"There isn't much to tell. Nala and I went to one of the gardens and looked at the trees for awhile, then we went to the bazaar. Someone recognized her, and knew that I'd been with the copy of Nala that used to be around here. Then she got pissed off, and told me that I was trash, and that I couldn't keep a woman happy, and then she stormed off." he shrugged "Bri said that she's in talking to Jaya now, so I figure the best bet is to clear out before they toss me out."

93 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

This was not the moment to say ‘I told you so.’ Jax didn’t think there would ever be a time to say ‘I told you so,’ and so he’d probably never say it, but he couldn’t help but think it. The one who should be told ‘I told you so’ was Jaya, but he hadn’t actually told her, so he couldn’t go enjoy doing that, now, could he. On the other hand…

“No,” Jax said, pushing the bottle back at Kaalth. “You aren’t going anywhere. Jaya is not going to fucking throw you out just because Nala pitched a fit about that shit. You weren’t the one who put this whole mess together, were you? No, that’s Jaya. Fixing this mess is her problem, not yours. Now… I don’t mean you and Nala. If anything’s going to fix that, that’s all you and Nala, but you and this club? Fuck that, man. Even if you messed up, if you go, I go, most of the staff that aren't Orions go... she can't run this place with just her damn family, you know it, and she knows it.
You’ve been here longer than she really has anyway. Besides, you didn’t do anything wrong, you gave it a shot, and Nala pitched a bitch fit about… what, about some asshole you met in the park?” He shook his head, nudging the bottle at Kaalth again. “Drink up. We’ve got your women problems to worry about, not ‘where you fucking live’ problems.”
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"This place belongs to Jaya." Kaalth replied stubbornly "If she doesn't want me here, then I've gotta go. That doesn't mean that you have to, or that anyone else has to. Look, just tell everyone that me leaving was my idea, because I didn't want to be around Nala. Its my fault. I asked Jaya not to say anything, that is what started all this drama, and its on me. If I stay, its going to be more drama, and Nala and Jaya and Ruvet on one side, and me on the other, and I don't want to drag you into my shit. You're a friend, Jax. I'm not going to fuck up your life too."

"Nala got pissed off because she found out about the copy. That I'd already been with a copy of her. I don't know how to fix that. I don't think I can fix that." he reached for the bottle, and took a swig "I don't think I can ever fix it, so I'm just gonna go. Go before she tells me to fuck off, because that would be worse, y'know."

93 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Jax thrust the bottle at Kaalth again. For one thing, if he was drunk, that subverted ‘run away like a bitch’ idea. For another, when a guy got drunk, he tended to drop a lot of the bullshit. Hopefully that held as true for Orions as it did for humans. And, hell, hopefully they got drunk as easily as humans did, too, Jax didn’t want to go through all of his whiskey.

“Fuck it, man. My life’s been a shit show for years anyway, but besides… if Jaya tosses you because of her fucking mistake? I’m sure as hell not staying around.” Jax took the bottle back, taking a drink himself, then put it down hard on the table and grabbed the sides of Kaalth’s head. He wasn’t rough, but he did force the other man to look up at him into his steel-set expression. “But you listen to me, brother. Your girl is pissed, she tossed you… yeah, maybe some of the stuff she’s pissed about makes sense. This isn’t all your mess, though, Jaya pushed you into it, and Jaya’s the one who should’ve been handling it. Own the part that’s yours, but don’t let Jaya make you the bitch here. Who the hell are you? Are you a fucking scared little puppy that’s going to slink away like a coward? Or are you going to stand your fucking ground and actually see if there’s some way to fix things?”
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

Kaalth took another pull from the bottle, he was starting to feel the effects of the alcohol. Orions metabolized alcohol pretty much the same way that humans did, and he didn't drink very much, so it was already starting to hit him. He wasn't drunk, but the alcohol was starting to relax him, slow him down a bit.

"She isn't my girl." Kaalth said miserably "She doesn't want to be. She said I was trash, treated me like-she talked to me like I was one of the assholes who come in here, looking for a girl to-and then she stormed off and said I was messed up. That I only wanted her because I was such an asshole I couldn't keep a copy of her happy."

Jax grabbed his face, and Kaalth glared at him, the question angering him "I want to stick around. But I have no fucking idea how to come back from this. I want to apologize, try to get her to give me a second chance, but you didn't see her. The look on her face-" silent tears started to flow from his eyes again.

93 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Jax’s first impulse was ‘well, fuck her’ when Kaalth reported what Nala had said, though he decided not to relate that out loud. Honestly, Kaalth’s reaction didn’t surprise him, what he told Jax sounded pretty harsh, particularly coming from a girl you thought you loved. Running might sound like a great option to a guy who didn’t know how to deal with all of this.

“Look, she isn’t mad at you, she’s mad at a pretty fucked up situation that Jaya created, and you were the one who was there to take the hit for it. Maybe you don’t fix this. Maybe this whole situation is shot and there’s no coming back from it. Maybe, I don’t know. But nothing’s going to get better if you run away and don’t just wait it out to see if she gets past it. And if she doesn’t get past it? Well fuck her.” Oops, looked like he said it after all. “You still work here, you still didn’t do anything wrong, you’ve got no reason to turn your life upside down just because she wants to throw a fucking tantrum. So be a fucking man about it. Suck it up, do your job, and let her do her own thing, whatever that is. If she gets over it? Then figure out if you want to give it a shot.”
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"She seemed mad at me." Kaalth said dubiously, but Jax knew more about women than he did, so he'd listen. "But maybe you're right. I guess I should stick around and see. I'm going to talk to Jaya, make sure we're on different shifts. I don't want to-I don't know if I can hold it togehter, being around her if she's pissed at me. Pissed at the situation, whatever." the last thing Jax said though "Why wouldn't I want to give it a shot? I mean, she's....she's perfect. I knew that she'd be amazing, but this was-Holy Father, the way she smelled...." Kaalth reached up, and took a pull from the bottle.

93 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

The woman who said those horrible things about him was ‘perfect,’ because of how she smelled. In that moment, Jax knew that Kaalth was thinking primarily with his dick. He couldn’t really throw stones, this shit happened, but most of his brothers had known when to drop a piece of tail who was going to be too much drama. Sadly, it seemed he couldn’t count on Kaalth to do the same thing. At least he wasn’t about to go throw his life away because she was a bitch anymore.

“Yes, do that,” Jax said, shaking his head a little. “Fuck… let Jaya fix this. I don’t know, maybe when she’s not pissed off anymore, Nala’ll be reasonable or something.” Miracles happened, after all, it was possible. “And I don’t know, man… if she’s going to be like this? There are other women out there that don’t fly off the handle like that. Just something to think about.” ‘Perfect’ his ass. A perfect girl would have listened, processed, and not flown off at the other unfortunate person trapped in the weird situation… but again, Kaalth wasn’t thinking with a head that was known for rational thought, was he? Maybe when he’d cleared his head of pheromones he’d start to, but Jax somehow doubted it.
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"yeah, maybe Jaya can calm her down, and she'll give me another chance, or something." Kaalth said, sounding almost hopeful, before his mood started to sink again "Or at least we can work at the same place."

Jax started to suggest that there were other women and Kaalth said "Not other Orion women. Well, except for Jaya and she-she smells like my sister now and yeah. Besides, she's scary. Padma- she's kind of scary too. Nala might have kind of flipped out on me, but she's, she's sweet and nice and she-" he took another pull of the bottle "Besides, I don't think I could be with a human girl. No offense or anything, most of them seem really nice, and some of them are hot, but they don't-I tried it, a couple of times and it was too weird, trying to mess around when they didn't smell like anything much."

93 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“If she’s going to make working here hard for you, come get me, all right? I’ll try to deal with it if I have to, we both know that I don’t give a shit if they’re mad at me.” It wasn’t like he had any relationship invested here. He liked Jaya, sure, but he knew where he stood in that particular situation.

Jax couldn’t help laughing a little when Kaalth talked about the other girls. “Hey, sometimes scary’s not bad. Just ask any guy that knew my mom,” he shot back, “But yeah… I get it. Just… relax and wait. See what happens. The last thing you want to do is nail yourself down just because she looks like the last available woman in the world, okay?” Who knew, maybe Kaalth would even find some girl that he liked with more than just his dick.
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"Thanks" Kaalth said, taking another slug of the booze "That means a lot, brother." he said the last bit a little awkwardly, it had been a long time since he'd had anyone to call that, and it felt good, but it was unfamiliar. "I wouldn't want to get into the middle of shit between Jaya or someone else, so, yeah, thanks."

Kaalth just shook his head "No disrespect, but there is scary, and there is 'my dick is trying to hide', which, yeah." and, because the booze had loosened his tongue he asked "How do you do it, brother? Because Jaya is scary. Thats why I liked Nala. She wasn't scary like that. Isn't scary like that. Like, even when she was pissed off, she just left, instead of y'know- doing something to really hurt me." not that this didn't hurt, but she could have wrecked him, and she hadn't "Ok, I'll try to wait and be patient. Play it cool, y'know." he sighed "I think she might be though. The only one for me."

93 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Jax couldn’t help smirking a little bit. “Yeah, well, I have practice picking stupid fights, so it all ends up working out.” Truth be told, he didn’t really want to get in the middle of one of Jaya’s fights, he wasn’t stupid enough to not know not to shit where he eats, but he had his limits. If this shit was going to get pinned on Kaalth? That was one of his limits.

Jax shrugged a little at Kaalth’s elaboration. “Well, I don’t know, the scary ones can be crazy in bed, man. But Jaya?” He shook his head. “I’ve seen scarier. I mean, not that she can’t be dangerous, but she’s not psychotic like some chicks I’ve known.” Or, of course, women he’d been related to. “So… I guess I just do it by not caring. What am I out if Jaya gets pissed off and decides to go off on me? Maybe a few bruises and a job, that’s all I’ve got to lose, and I can afford that. I’ve been in more dangerous places than that.” And then, of course, Kaalth uttered the one constant phrase of hopeless men since time began. ‘The only one for him.’ “Sure, man. I’m sure she is,” Jax said, not meaning a single word of it.
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

Kaalth returned the grin-he was glad that Jax had his back, and he knew that Jax wouldn't shy away from a fight. Even if it meant arguing with a woman, which was something that Kaalth knew that he'd never have the nerve to do. Especially when it was someone like Jaya, where the only thing to do was say 'yes ma'am' and do what she said.

When Jax mentioned what the sex was like, Kaalth flushed in embarrassment "I'll take your word for it, man." he said, shaking his head "Its cool that you can handle it, but yeah. I didn't mean that she's crazy, because Jaya isn't. I don't think that she'd hurt you, even. Just toss you." not that it made a difference, but..."I guess I've got more to lose, brother." Kaalth said "I this is the best place for me, not that the other people in the Hub are bad or anything, but, its nice, being around people who are-who get me, y'know?"

"I know you don't believe me." Kaalth said "But its true. I knew it the first time I ever saw her."

93 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Was Jaya crazy? Well, she had some crazy-bitch tendencies that he was very familiar with from growing up, that much was true. She wasn’t psychotic like he was used to, no, so… that probably helped. “Yeah, well, I’m used to the girls that actually would hurt you if they got their hair up, so this?” Jax shook his head, taking the bottle of whiskey back and taking a pull from it. “This is nothing, man.” Kaalth, though… Kaalth wasn’t equipped to deal with any of that and he knew it. The guy was right, this was the place for him, because he’d be about as defenseless as a puppy in too many other social situations.

“I don’t know if you’re right or not, man,” Jax admitted. “I thought the same thing about my wife, and that turned out to be a mess. The scariest thought is that I still could have been right, you know? Because if that feeling is right, and I wasn’t just thinking with my dick when I decided that it was her and only her… well, I’m pretty fucked from here out, aren’t I?” He shot Kaalth a cockeyed smile, considering the whiskey bottle again before thinking better of it and offering it back.