Marvel Comics-Marvel 616-Adjacent

5 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 400
Pete Wisdom was, as he would often tell people, the omniverse’s greatest secret agent. He might well be the only omniversal agent, but that just meant that he was the only operative good enough to work on such a scale. He was presently on the payroll of no fewer than four British Ministries of Intelligence, two resistance Ministries against occupying forces where his job was to supply that world with resources and intelligence to help overthrow the occupying nations, and was one of the Abassadorial Advisors to His Majesty Harold IX, King of Albion on a weird world of airships and steam engines. He performed all of these jobs without fail, partly because they all wanted him to do largely the same thing in this place.

That wasn’t to say, of course, that the omniverse’s greatest secret agent was without his vices, which was particularly apparent at the moment, as he found himself getting slapped by the buxom barmaid in this fine establishment, his blood alcohol level a few shades shy of pickled, and his hopes for the evening’s activities dashed.

“Bloody elves,” he muttered. “Can’t even respect the bloody son-in-law of King Oberon, what good are they?” Idly he wondered just how Tink was doing. Probably getting shagged a lot more than he was right now, that was for sure. “Oy! Barkeep! Another pint of… bloody hell, what kind of ale is this? Dwarven? Klingon? I don’t care, just get me another one, aye?”
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Thief/Scout/Scoundrel
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 845
He absolutely should not be as quietly sad as he was right now. Bored, he told himself. He refused to admit that he might be pining, or that he might be a little keyed up because… He wasn’t, damn it. He was Remy LeBeau, he was just bored.

Boredom was not something with which Remy was terribly familiar. Growing up if there hadn’t been anything to do, there was sleeping, because the only time there wasn’t something to do was when he finally had a full belly. And after he’d been taken in by the LeBeau family, there was little time for boredom. There was always something to be learning or practicing, or a girl to flirt with. Or someone to terrorize. Something. There had always been something to do. Here on Hub, though, there wasn’t always something. He had taken as many jobs as he could, but now he was between the last and the next, and he found himself yearning for something to do.

He entered the tavern quietly, slipping through the doorway unnoticed, and looked around. Remy had visited most of the bars and taverns and inns in the city, trying them one by one, but there were a few that had become his favorites. Some for their spirits, some for their food, some for wine… He liked the Wandering Moon for the wine and food, but tonight he wanted to be somewhere that wasn’t the Goddess. He didn’t want to be reminded of Jaya tonight.

Eyes falling upon a familiar face, Remy grinned and moved through the tavern, sliding into the seat next to Pete Wisdom, and hailing the bartender, “Bourbon if yo’ got et, merci.” He looked to Pete, his voice amused, “What brings yo’ here t’night, mon ami?”

5 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Well, look who he had here. The bloody fake-French thief who admittedly was not the one who’d tried to rob the Crown under Pete’s watch, but looked just bloody like him. Ah, well… the bugger’s family had been a help when he’d been in a bind to evacuate as much of an entire bloody planet as could be managed, and he had to admit that they’d managed quite a bit more of a population than Pete would have expected. That was reason enough to not hold any mistaken grudges for the sins of a different him from a different world, aye?

“Oi! Bon-shure, Cajun!” Pete said, intentionally mispronouncing the French bit (regardless of the fact that he was capable of speaking perfect French if he wanted to, which as a good British subject he didn’t). “The ladies here don’t seem to have any bloody appreciation for men of our caliber and breeding, so it looks like we’re drinking together tonight. Vic! Pour for this boy from the good stuff, I know you bloody well have it!” Pete, apparently, was well and truly into the ‘loud’ phase of being drunk. “So! What brings Remy Bloody LeBeau in to drown his sorrows tonight? Shouldn’t you be out getting your hands on some priceless necklace or lady’s knickers instead of drinking with my pickled arse?”
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

There were days when Remy was perfectly happy to banter and snark with the people who made up his admittedly small group of “friends” and then there were days where he just wanted someone to sit next to and drink until the world made sense, or at least until he didn’t care that it didn’t anymore.

Pete Wisdom had a snarky streak that was wider than he was tall and and the intellect to pull it off, and Remy respected that. He actually almost liked the other man, and on a better day, he would have been happy to just sit at the bar, kick back a few shots, and round after round with the British bastard. But today was a less than stellar day. He had no work, nothing to distract him, and it had been almost a month since Jaya had left. Nearly twice as long as she’d said she’d be gone, and Remy was beginning to wonder why the lengthy trip. He worried that something had happened - space where she was traveling might be ‘safe’ but it was still space travel. Maybe she had decided to stay home.

Maybe he was being a fucking idiot.

Now, he had the hope that Pete would be able to distract him from his… Whatever it was that was getting him down and making him worry about things that he had no control over and had no right to be worrying about. Remy winced at the mangling of what had honestly been his primary language as a child, but he said nothing of the mispronunciation, letting it go. But if he had winced at the French, he downright flinched at Pete’s words. Breeding. Remy had no breeding. Oh, he was a LeBeau in every important way, but he wasn’t blood. Pete didn’t need to know that, not tonight at least. “Ah, mon ami, de ladies here, dey are busy working, non? Et es no fault o’ dere own dat dey have no time t’spare a glance our way.”

Drunk Pete was, Remy hoped, going to be Fun Pete. He could use some fun tonight, and a friend who wouldn’t ask…

Questions about why he wasn’t out wooing his way into some girl’s bed.

Right. He could answer that question. Pete was drunk, he might not even remember any of this tomorrow, but caution was ingrained in the thief, so Remy shrugged, “Dere es no one who es interested en having some poor possession liberated t’night.” He chuckled, “An’ who says dat Remy can no’ have a night t’himself t’drink wit’ a friend?” Remy sipped his bourbon and smiled, “What has yo’ here drinkin’ like et es yo’ last night, mon ami?”

5 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“Ah, bloody hell, what else should I be doing? No ladies are ready to offer up their virtue or lack of it at the altar of Pete’s bedroom, so the order of the day is to get pissed. Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow the bloody Hub might turn itself upside down and fill with zombies or some rot like that, aye?” He rolled his eyes, downing his martini and waving at the bartender for a fresh one.

Pete was already, as might be easily deduced, fairly intoxicated, but being a man who lived his life with a constant level of alcohol in his blood, that didn’t always put him completely off his game. He was, at least, with it enough to notice that Remy hadn’t given him an actual answer to part of his question. That was a little curious, now, wasn’t it? “And you didn’t know I would be in here, so you didn’t come here to drink with a friend…” Oh. Right. He might not be that friend. Pete’s voice instantly got a few decibels lower (though still containing a bit of a slur) as he tried to be a little more serious for the moment. “Oh, bloody hell, ‘m I getting in your way, mate? Scaring off a lass you came here to woo and defile? Can’t go having that, now, can we, bloody hell that’s a mess… Hell, was it that barmaid I just put the moves on? Tell you what… start acting angry, an’ you can give me a good hit and throw me out the door to charm the poor girl and be her white knight. S’all right with me, I’ll just go up to some other place for a pint while you get the girl. How’s that for a plan, mate?”
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

What else should he be doing? How was Remy supposed to answer that question? What else… Anything else? Something worthwhile?

And since when did Remy LeBeau think that drinking and charming your way into a lady’s bed wasn’t worthwhile?? What was wrong with him? The answer to that question was so, so terribly clear. He was, quite frankly, fucked. He gave a quiet groan of dismay and bowed his head over his drink, “O’ course, mon ami. Hub zombies o’ rotting mummies. Et does seem t’be as likely as anyt’ing else, non?”

It wasn’t all that uncommon for Remy to be found at this or one of the other many taverns in Hub with a drink of some sort in hand, usually bourbon, but wine, whiskey, or beer were not unknown to the thief. What was uncommon was for the Cajun to be less than mindful of the ladies, to be quiet about his drinking. Just as uncommon as it would be for Pete, really. And it was good to see that his friend was having a more normal night than himself, bringing a smile to the young thief’s lips.

Getting in his way? Remy blinked, then chuckled, “Non, Pete, don’ be worryin’ yo’self. Dere es no one waiting t’take yo’ seat, mon ami. Et es jus’ nice t’be able t’sit an’ share a drink wit’ a frien’.” He’d come in thinking to drink his night away alone, quietly, in a corner, but this was far more enjoyable than how Remy had expected his night to play out. Just as long as Pete could calm the hell down and just relax and enjoy the damn night! “Pete, merde, stop. I was jus’ coming in t’have a drink, saw yo’ an’ t’ought t’sit wit’ yo’.” He arched a brow, “Unless et es yo’ lookin’ t’get rid o’ dis Cajun.”

5 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“Oh, you know as well as I do that zombies could be coming in from bloody anywhere. When it does, I want to be as bloody sauced as I can get. You remember what the last time was like, aye?” Now that had been a nasty little time, hadn’t it? If it had happened during Pete’s first year in the Hub, he might have called it quits on the place and picked a world, but since he was already a year invested when it happened… well, Pete was a stubborn bastard, as anyone could tell you.

Remy was… bloody hell, was this bugger melancholic? They’d gotten drunk together before, and it tended to be a noisy affair, with lots of spilled drinks, near fights, and flashed breasts, but tonight apparently wasn’t one of those nights. “Who the bloody hell are you and what have you done with Remy LeBeau?” Pete joked. “Come on, get that first drink down, mate, then tell old Pete just what ails you, aye? Maybe I can actually help with something when I’m in a more sober state! Hell, maybe I can help now, you never bloody know, miracles can happen! Barkeep, keep the drinks coming, we’re not walking out of here until we can’t walk… oh, bloody hell, that made more sense in my head. Sod it, just keep the bottle handy.”