DC-DCTVU-1

284 Posts
14 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 811
“Is it?” Chris shrugged slightly, his voice betraying the fact that he honestly didn’t know if what Safi said was true or not. Still, Safi’s almost-smile found itself returned with a slightly shy one from Christian.

It wasn’t that Chris thought he couldn’t sing; he knew the songs, and knew how to stay in tune and time with them. But while he accepted that he could sing, he didn’t consider his voice especially pleasant.

He’d never really had it commented on before Safi spoke up. “I’m sorry?” it was half an apology and half a question; he wasn’t certain why Safi would be upset that Chris knew how to sing… Sharpshooter? Chris blinked, then ducked his head, “I… I can’t say I am?” Shooting was not something that Chris really had much interest in, it was violent and loud… He looked at Safi almost reluctantly, swatting at the bottle cap.

“It’s big band Jazz. There’s more than one kind just like rock and roll.”

He smiled when Safi chose Benny Goodman, relaxing and carefully cutting up one of the pancakes on his own plate. The music was soothing and easy to just relax into. He let Safi sing, smiling and enjoying the song. Yes, this was also Jazz, easily so.

But not everything Christian liked or sang was Jazz. And as Safi finished up his song, Chris was flipping through the book, half heartedly looking for his next song. Right up until he went entirely still as he came across one that pulled at him.

He had crooned Under My Skin easily, but not exactly with passion. Once Safi was entirely done, Chris punched in the numbers for his next song.

Charlie Chaplin.

“Smile though your heart is aching,
Smile even though it’s breaking.
When there are clouds in the sky,
You’ll get by.

If you smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow,
You'll see the sun come shining through,
For you.

Light up your face with gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness.
Although a tear may be ever so near…”

The song was one that reflected how Christian had felt growing up so very often; he’d smile even when he was hurting, and this song went back to that. It fit him. Once again, his voice enunciated the words, wrapping around them gently, and his southern lilt returned. But this song had something additional to it; Christian sang with emotion, with feeling here, because he felt something in this song.