DC-TV-1

414 Posts
10 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,938
A game? Safi glanced about spotting a junk mailer. Snagging it from the tittering pile Safi ripped bits off balling them up between nimble fingers to toss at the roomba’s path.

“Ahh but you gain the non-displeasure of a VP and that's not a bad thing to have.” He commented alternating bites and tossing the paper at the roomba in increasingly more difficult patterns.

The slow easy grin he turned on the other man was filled with mischievousness. “Well figure someone should be around to make sure you don't go off the deepens and face plant into the fondant.” Safi took a sip from his glass letting the flash warmth relax him. “Sides. Might be fun.”
DC-DCTVU-1

552 Posts
24 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,541
Oh, now Safi had done it. Jonah was like a kid whose dad just offered to play catch. A kid who really, really loved to play catch. The little robot made the little crumpled balls of paper disappear nearly immediately. Christian had outfitted the tiny robot with several small, dark lenses, enabling him a 360 degree telescopic field of vision. There was very little that Jonah missed. Visually, anyway.

Christian’s pout was something the roomba didn’t catch. Or understand, anyway. ”I am not so sure that’s worth the effort. I mean that, too. Neither of them are pleasant, not even for five minutes.” The pout turned into a scowl, ”I’m not a servant. And if you were going to let your fifteen year old brat make every decision, why would you need me? The girl is capable of,” the gasp was obviously fake, and obviously caused pain to shoot down his side, but it didn’t stop Chris from continuing his rant, ”writing her own damn list of everything she wants. I…” the sound Chris made was shockingly close to a snarl, ”Am not a fucking servant,” his voice curled around the word, letting it hang in the air for a long moment, ”Or some buffoon. This entire project was a waste of my time when I could have been doing something worthwhile.” He gestured to his shelves, ”Like making toys. Or, you know, helping with actual Lexcorp business.” Which was, after all, his primary function within the company…

And instead, he was lent out to inconsiderate, ungrateful VP’s to plan family functions in which he wasn’t really even allowed to plan anything so much as follow a child around and write down what she said she wanted. And then be expected to make that work, somehow.

But the fact of the matter was that he did make it work. He had put together one hell of a party for that snooty little brat, even knowing in the end he’d get no gratitude or recognition. Because it wasn’t a company event. No one would ever even acknowledge it.

Waste. Of. Time.

When Safi spoke about going with him, though… Christian blinked. And blushed. And then blushed darker when Safi just said that it would to be sure Christian didn’t do something stupid. Why did the people he wanted to impress only ever see the silly, crazy bits of him? Even Belle…

”I can get you an invitation if you want. If you actually think this travesty of a party will be any fun. It’s really…” he sighed, ”It’s not my best work. Mostly because I didn’t actually get to do much about it…” But no, that wasn’t true, and he muttered under his breath, ”...and because I’ll be damned if I was going to do my best for that little urchin.”
DC-TV-1

414 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

This was...well it was turning into his own version of candy crush. “Can you get the blue with out bumping the red ones?” He verbalized the new rules feeling silly to do so even as he crumpled up a second pile of colored paper balls.

“Sure you're not.” He commented easily, tossing a cross of blue and red balls, “but we are both lackeys.” Including himself in that label, “and so getting any kind of exposure to the big bosses and showcasing competence is a good thing.” Safi shrugged “I mean assuming you want to keep moving up.” It was possible this was just a side gig for him. Hell look at the things he could make!

“Heh you could always hire me for security, bet she needs at least a bouncer if you want to play like it's work,” safi smirked shaking his head at the horror of guarding a teenager and her pose.

“Besides if you're going to go postal I would enjoy watching Jonah eat all the glitter and streamers.”
DC-DCTVU-1

552 Posts
24 Threads
Nyte

Jonah would play this game with Safi all night long. It was a known sort of game, too; Chris played this in different versions a lot with him. A long, confident beep sounded from the little machine and when Safi started making new little pieces of trash for him to pick up, Jonah whirred as his feet, waiting patiently for Safi to start this round.

Lackeys. Safi wasn’t wrong. Still, telling him to deal with her daughter’s party… It was laziness on her part. She didn’t want to deal with her bratty kid, and so she had thrust this entire ordeal onto Chris. He actually really sort of resented it. He never complained when they gave him the bad assignments, but this? This was a whole new level of misery they had dumped in his lap. ”Still not sure it’s worth it.” he ran a hand through his hair before throwing his head back to stare at the ceiling, ”Is it worth doing a job when it makes you feel like…. Alternating between wanting to cry in frustration and strangle a fifteen year old? And…” he made a strangled noise, ”If the thing turns out good, they’re just going to tell her how brilliant she is, and that.. Is just…” He straightened himself when Safi mentioned moving up, his voice quiet, ”There’s not much more up to move for me.” he sighed, ”Barring someone taking a personal interest…” Christian actually shuddered at the idea of that. He was a PA, and that was great, it was, one of the perfect jobs for him in reality, but he had practically rejoiced in being thrown into the pool. Not every VP was… Oh god, if he ever got Espinoza he’d just quit, right there and then. No. She was a harpy, and the idea of doing another party like this for her kid sent his stomach folding in on itself. ”It’s not like Mr. Luthor doesn’t have Miss Mercy.”

Chris blinked at Safi’s offer to work security, wrinkling his nose slightly, ”You really don’t want to be… On duty… For this thing, trust me.” Safi was too pretty for his own good, and Camila loved pretty things. No, he wouldn’t do that to the poor man. He hated Camila enough already, and that… Uh uh.

Postal? He tipped his head to the side, ”Oh, come on. I’m frustrated, not entirely mad. I don’t like the assignment I was given, but I’m not going to throw my whole career away over it!” he looked to Jonah, ”Don’t worry, buddy, I would never bring you to that thing. You deserve better. She’d probably try to break you just to spite me…”
DC-TV-1

414 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi understood shit details, he had spent a decade in the army after all, but this? This seemed fit to break the younger man. “If it's that bad get it done and figure out who you really want to work for so random Vps can't pull you from the pool.”

Safi shrugged tossing a star pattern for the roomba to play in. “Or not and quit.” He had that freedom, one that Safi had in his service.

“Luthor might be the top but he's not the only one there you could throw in with.” He pointed out logically.

“Well if you don't want me there..” safi shrugged again “I can catch up on my Netflix queue.” Finishing his bowl between sentences Safi raised an eyebrow at Chris, “so what's the after dinner entertainment? Mind you I am wicked at karaoke.”
DC-DCTVU-1

552 Posts
24 Threads
Nyte

It wasn’t that the assignment had been a very bad one. In fact, given free rein, Christian would have enjoyed the project. He could have, and would have, thrown a beautiful gala ball for the teenager. He liked this sort of thing, after all. It was the disdain the girl had for him. The utter lack of respect… She treated him like a servant, half the time like an idiot, and always with this false saccharine voice and attitude. And he had been shackled to her for weeks now. Forced to bend and scrape and “Yes, Miss Camila”.

He hated it. With as much passion as he had for building his little bots, he hated it.

”It’s adorable that you think I can just tell someone “I want to work for him or her” and make it happen.” Chris ran a hand through his hair, messing it further than it already was, ”It’s not that simple, you know that, right? And then you’re just hoping to pick the right person out, even if you could manage it, and…” Chris made a sharp, gurgling sound that was mostly frustration, ”It’s just not that simple.” Sure, he could, maybe, find someone that seemed alright and try to endear himself to them. Impress the hell out of them and then maybe that person decided they wanted him as a permanent member of his staff, but then Chris would be tied to that person, their career. And then he would be reliant on that particular VP, and if they left, or stagnated…

“Well f you don’t want me there...”

”Really, do I not speak enough for you? Is that it?” Christian’s eyebrows shot up in surprise, but his gaze was piercing. ”Because seriously? I have always been told the opposite. That I talk waaaay too much. But here you are, shoving more words in my mouth that I didn’t put there. So obviously you think I need to use more words, huh?” Was there just a touch of irritation in his tone? Yes, that was definitely irritation. Why? Because here he was, offering to get Safi an actual invitation (he could do that, as long as he made sure Safi brought a gift anyway, which Chris would obviously provide) and not have to go as an employee (because Camila would make him regret that) and Safi was backing out now. ”What I had said was that you don’t want to go as an employee, because you don’t deserve that girl treating you like one. And she will. I had offered to get you an invitation if you wanted to go.”

After… After dinner entertainment? Chris blinked. Karaoke? He was blushing again, and damn it, he didn’t even know… Oh, yes he did. He knew why he was blushing this time. Yes, he definitely did. Because he had like, no television, and nothing… Nothing to do. Christian’s typical weekday consisted of coming home, often later than most people, eating dinner, playing with Jonah, tinkering with...whatever he felt like working on, and then going to sleep. His eyes darted around the room, ”I don’t.. Um…” he shrugged, ”We could google to see if there’s anything going on close by?” He didn’t usually go out wandering on a work night, because that was a great way to get mugged, even in Central, but… He was also usually alone, and Safi was… Safi was intimidating. (Thus the girl’s nickname, but he was so NOT EVER going to tell the guy that!)
DC-TV-1

414 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Of course it doesn't work like that.” He snorted dismissively, “but you can work to it, put your self in the right places to be seen.” Red, blue, green bits now flew out from his fingers growing a fractal pattern just ahead of the roomba.

“Or you could use clearer words.” Safi smiled, leaning back on his stool. “Don't need to go out. Sure we can have plenty of fun just here, you and me.” He drawled out, rolling out his left shoulder, the old ache threatening to cramp.
DC-DCTVU-1

552 Posts
24 Threads
Nyte

Jonah was having what was probably the best night ever. This game was the best game, and Safi was playing it well, but Jonah was a pro at this. He didn’t miss any of the little paper pieces, and Christian couldn’t help but to smile as he watched. Jonah was chirping and whirring happily, all but crowing in roomba. ”That still leaves the very big, very unanswerable question of who, exactly, I should be throwing myself at.” The wrong person… Christian made a quiet, soft noise that ended up sounding something between a frustrated sob and a growl of anger, ”And if I knew that, I’d already be doing that.”

Because yes, Christian wanted job security. And he’d done that by being one of the most reliable in the PA pool. No one was going to fire him right now, even if they downsized. And Chris knew it. Most of Lexcorp knew it. He was near the top of his field, and while he didn’t wish anything bad on anyone, he was young and competent, and there were PA positions that would, eventually, open up.

Safi didn’t give him an actual answer, and Christian sighed. Whatever, then. If the guy didn’t want to go, Chris wasn’t going to pester him. Chris hadn’t been the one to bring up him going in the first place! So don’t feel so guilty about it, Christian! Gah! ”Clearer words.” He reminded himself that it was possible that English wasn’t Safi’s first language. That this could be some sort of language barrier issue. It was possible. Safi seemed to speak English fluently, but… ”Did you want an invitation to Miss Camila’s party, or no?” The question was asked formally, just a bit on the stiffer side, but with a gentleness that softened it; Christian was trying to be clear for Safi, and without using small words or being nasty about it. He asked the question he’d been trying to ask before, but in a way that Safi would understand it was a question, and one that Chris didn’t have the answer to.

Plenty of fun just here? Chris looked around the room, and felt… Something. Embarrassed? Was he… Maybe. Maybe he was embarrassed that he didn’t have anything for them to do. He didn’t have guests to the apartment...well...ever. Christian nodded almost mechanically, ”Run. Right. Um, I’m sure I have a board game around here… Or a deck of cards…” He got up and moved to the hallway; he had to have a monopoly game or something in the closet...
DC-TV-1

414 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“That I can't help you with. Not been working here long enough to get a bead on which of the VPs are worth working for.” Or dying for but hell that was his job not the other guys.

Safi was aware his job included the possibility of taking a bullet for a worthless rich bit of humanity. But hell he took the paycheck and rolled the dice.

“I’d enjoy going dancing with you Saturday night and the party was a good excuse.” He grinned finding the words to be actually kinda true. Huh.

Ok. Now he was making this too easy.

“Strip poker? On a Monday? Well since you asked nicely…”
DC-DCTVU-1

552 Posts
24 Threads
Nyte

”I’ve been working here for two years, and I’m still not sure, so don’t feel bad about it.” Oh, there were VP’s he liked more, and those he liked less. But someone he wanted to attach his career to? Chris wasn’t sure. Maybe. He could start paying some attention, see who seemed… on the ball. Who was innovative and might be able to move up within the company, and who was definitely on their way out or down.

Chris knew that Safi’s job was more dangerous than his. A PA wasn’t expected to protect their boss, after all, and definitely not expected to take a bullet for anyone. They were expected to cower in a fight and be the person to call 911 in a bad situation. That was their role. And a whole lot of the bodyguards looked down on the men who filled that role. It was… Not manly enough for them, Chris supposed. But he took the shots they made at him, and shrugged them off. Chris might not be able to fight, but he could keep a schedule, create and maintain a budget, and put together an event better than most.

And he could always come home and make things. His little secret hobby.

Safi’s words earned the man a slow blink. He’d…enjoy... Christian looked at Safi, obviously ready to say something else, then thought better of it, his teeth clacking together as his jaw slammed shut. What was this guy’s game? Chris shifted, then slid from his perch on the chair’s arm to head to the closet to dig around for something for them to do. Did it hurt? Yes, thank you so much for the burning, stinging reminder that you’re bruised, stupid ribs. But it was better to be able to turn away from Safi and actually do something with himself other than sit uselessly on the arm of his chair.

”Strip poker? On a Monday? Well since you asked nicely…”

This time the noise that came from the closet was definitely choking. Every time Christian just maybe started to relax, maybe just a little bit, Safi found a new and innovative way to tease (torture, this was definitely torture) Chris. And he was blushing again, darker than before. He knew that even his toes were pink, too. ”I….” Had not asked that. He’d said he had deck of cards, yes, and apparently the monopoly game had been one of Belle’s games, but he had never said anything about strip...anything. He cleared his throat, not returning to the room, trying to get his body to stop being so damn red, murmuring, ”I don’t even know how to play poker...”
DC-TV-1

414 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Actually Safi had a lot of respect for anyone with enough brains that they didn't have to use their body to earn a paycheck. Of course he actually had a bachelor's degree himself, Lexcorp didn't hire brainless thugs for their private security.

Safi was beginning to wonder if he'd read everything about this man wrong. Was he just...flamboyant? Not actually gay? Had he been misreading the looks? The blushes? Was he just making him...uncomfortable?

The rain of paper halted when safi stood, if he was making the younger man…

..he wasn't the kind of man to force anyone. Tease, flirt. But never force.

Safi dropped a hand on small of the man's back; “I could teach you..” Safi stroked slightly. “Or I could just go.”
DC-DCTVU-1

552 Posts
24 Threads
Nyte

No, Lexcorp hired skilled individuals, even for their security. Bit smart and skilled did not always mean not prejudiced, sadly enough. A lot, not all bit a lot, of the bodyguards looked upon Chris with revulsion, or worse, with pity. Poor little guy, can only make it in a woman’s position. He'd heard one say that once. He had resented it then, and still did now.

Chris had developed a fairly thick skin toward the people who treated him like that, but it still stung some. “Do you hate being stuck in a woman’s job?” Was just insulting!

I'd Safi had asked Chris if he were gay, he'd have gotten a sigh, and a shake of his head, and a quiet explanation that Chris was bisexual, not gay or straight. And so, so crushing on this man who didn't even like him, but had strangely invited himself to Chris’ home.

And it was damn weird that Chris didn't even really mind. He was glad to have the company, even if it was less than comfortable because.. we'll pick a reason: Safi didn't like him, Safi was married….

The sudden sensation of Safi’s hand on his back made Chris tense, but then almost immediately relax. And so what if he leaned back into it a little bit? It was nice, damn it! He didn't want Safi to leave. He might not be all that comfortable right now, but it was nice to…

”I.. I don't really…. do…. this.” He forced himself to keep his head up, keep staring into the closet, even though he wasn't seeing the closet. His voice was soft; timid…. ”You…” the words left him in a rush, ”Won't your wife wonder where you are?” Because if he had someone he cared about that much, someone good and.. Safi was good. Chris could see that; he cared about him being hurt even though he didn't like him! If he had someone like that, and they didn't come home? Chris would worry about them. Man or woman, wouldn't matter to Chris. ”Won't she worry?”
DC-TV-1

414 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

That...that explained more.

The hand on his back kneaded firmly with careful strokes over the tense muscles from holding himself tense against the bruises ribs. “Rachel isn't an issue.” Safi was surprised that the other man knew he had been married, but than he had mentioned Sarah more than once. He could simply be making an educated guess.

He might also be assuming they still lived together for Sarah's sake. At least why else would he phrase it like that? If he knew married than he'd know divorced as well.

“It's probably not my smartest idea, we work together...but sometimes having fun is worth the aftermath.” He really hadn't planned on seducing...not yet, not tonight. But cue a fifth of scotch later and Safi was an easy easy mark.

“Got to take it easy with the ribs..” he muttered leaning into the other man's back. Becoming a solid line of warmth. “But I'm flexible…”
DC-DCTVU-1

552 Posts
24 Threads
Nyte

Christian had spent maybe a total of five minutes on Safi’s Facebook page. Belle was the one who’d looked deeply enough to realize Safi had a daughter, not Chris. And Chris had never, upon that realization, looked into Safi’s relationship status. Safi was a father, and he didn’t come off (to Chris at least) to be the sort to walk out on his kid (which only made Chris like him more, because it was absolute wretched to lose your parent(s)!) so… Married. Chris had made the assumption, and really, he was… He was struggling with that. Because he liked Safi. He had a crush on Safi. And the guy was in his apartment, and had done nothing but make him blush, and…

He wasn’t drunk… But Chris never claimed to be anything but a lightweight. He didn’t drink very much. And the scotch was the good kind.

”Rachel isn’t an issue.”

Not an issue!? No, Chris had no idea that Safi was divorced. What he did realize was that he was more uncomfortable than his guest here. Weird, that. Or maybe not. ”Maybe not for you, but I…” His throat felt so small. He didn’t do this. He didn’t even flirt with people who were married… Not even a little bit! And yet… Safi had flirted with him, hadn’t he? And he was standing, right behind him, right now, with his hand on his back. He was good. Belle even knew that. She hadn’t argued with him when he had said that he was good, too, anyway. And yet, good or not, Chris was slowly relaxing into the touches the other man lavished on him. Okay, so maybe he wasn’t as good as Belle. Maybe he was weak. Maybe…

Yeah, maybe, but the whole ‘Safi was married’ thing still bothered him. More than maybe it should, considering that Safi didn’t seem troubled by it in the least… Still, he wasn’t going to be a homewrecker, not if he could help it…

Safi was talking. About them working together. About… About fun being worth the aftermath? The way the other man was talking… Christian tensed just slightly, frowning a little bit. First of all, he wasn’t sure he liked this whole matter where Safi just assumed he was a sure thing… That was… That was just a bit offensive. Chris was a good boy. He’d grown up good, and like Belle had stayed that way. Maybe not always because of his own choosing, but good nonetheless! Second of all, the whole married thing. That was a whole thing for Chris. Even if he were willing to be… Not good… Then there was still that. Even willing to give in to what he wanted, because he was selfish sometimes, he wasn’t that selfish! ”Hold… Hold on…” Was he stammering? God damn it! He sucked in a long, shuddering breath, careful because it hurt, but it was good to take in slow, deep breaths when your ribs were bruised, ”I don’t… Even flirt... With married...anyone.” There. That was… Out there now. He wouldn’t flirt with married men OR women, damn it, he wouldn’t. Not even that, let alone have one over this place and...whatever they were doing…

He still had a deck of cards clutched in one hand. Right. Poker. He purposely left off the ‘strip’ part, because… Yeah, wasn’t going there, especially not right now.
DC-TV-1

414 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

With married ‘anyone’. While Safi spoke very good English it was his third language, which meant that he'd heard ‘one’ and translated it as ‘thing’, as in any marital status.

Safi took a step back “I see.” While there was no official stigma to being divoree there was occasionally people who saw them as...tainted.

“Fine.” If he sounded offended. Well he was. If he were completely sober he might have reacted to the rejection more elegantly but as it was…

“I apologize for impressing.” He has the odd feeling he'd flubbed that word but it sounded right. He'd pressed, and therefore was an impression.

Or was it impresser?

“Look i'll...leave you. It's late. You'll need to shower for those ribs to relax.-” here he was after being rejected and still trying not to be complete ass.

“Thank you for dinner it was...tasty.” Safi snagged his suit jacket swinging it over his shoulder to cover the gun.
DC-DCTVU-1

552 Posts
24 Threads
Nyte

The loss of warmth was… Chris’ stance shifted, flinching at the tone Safi used. He turned so that he could see the other man in the corner of his eyes, his voice soft, ”I…” He felt small. And horrible. And this throat was so damn thick. ”I was an orphan. I won’t be responsible for…” He tensed painfully, ”That wouldn’t be fair to you or to your wife…” Not past tense, not ex, because Chris didn’t know. Not to mention the daughter. Who Safi obviously loved!

The fine, the tone he used, Christian flinched again, ignoring the fire in his side. It had been a hard day with his ribs, and this… This wasn’t helping.

Impressing?

Oh. Imposing. Safi had meant imposing. Christian turned to really look at the other man. He took a deep breath, watching him for a moment, ”I get you probably have some sort of… Arrangement, you know? I understand. But I…” Chris made a soft, strangled sound, ”You’re going to tell me I’m so American, but I grew up in the south.” Almost like that should explain it, but he knew it wouldn’t. ”There, if you’re married… You’re married. Wives and husbands don’t just… It’s never not an issue… Especially with kids involved, and I… I can’t do that to your family.”

Chris blushed, darkly again. He was an orphan, and he had watched far too many other kids go through the group home while their parents went through… The worst stuff. When mothers couldn’t keep their kids because fathers had walked out and there was no income anymore… And that… His eyes grew watery, ”I’m sorry. You didn’t… Impose. I was… I was selfish.” And lonely. He was so damn lonely, and Safi had been… He muttered, ”I sort of wish Belle hadn’t pointed out that you were married.” Because not knowing, Christian would have made different decisions. But he did know, and that… That affected everything. And yet, there was a little bit of Chris that also sounded grateful, because it did allow him to say no. It meant that he could be not responsible for damage to Safi’s life.

He barely followed Safi back through the apartment, eyes on the floor. Jonah came out and chirped cheerfully at them, then slipped back a foot as he realized that something was amiss. Jonah was smart, that one.

Dinner? Hadn’t been anything special. Just pot roast. Christian didn’t lift his eyes, ”I’m sorry.”
DC-TV-1

414 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Fair to him and Rachel? Again he was fairly sure more than half of what was being said at him wasn't really meant for him to hear/understand.

Arrangement? Yes they did. She had Sarah and he..didn't.

If you were married you were married.

Safi frowned nodding, he'd heard of ‘the south’ it seemed that the impression of it being fundamentalist was accurate. There were sects that didn't accept divorce either.

And it seemed what ever sect of Christianity he belonged to was a similar one.

“It's fine.” Because if there was one thing he learned was that arguing religion on a first. Not date wasn't a great start to any kind of relationship; romantic or even simply work.

“Not everyone feels the same.” His family- Safi winced. God knew his mother wasn't happy about the divorce but she and most of his extended family at least respected his decision to leave Rachel the house and you know the country.

“I'll see you at work. Sleep well.” He smiled briefly.
DC-DCTVU-1

552 Posts
24 Threads
Nyte

Everything that Christian was saying was for Safi to hear. Well, maybe not that bit that he sort of wished Belle hadn’t noticed the whole bit about him being a dad. But even if Belle hadn’t noticed, Safi had mentioned his daughter a couple of times today, and that was pretty much the same thing as saying ‘I’m married and have a little girl’ to Chris. Still, Chris was trying, very hard, to actually explain to Safi why he… That he wasn’t disinterested, not at all, but…

Guh.

Thing was, Chris was fine with divorce. Sometimes people couldn’t stay together. Wasn’t in the cards, and he understood that, accepted it just fine. The problem was, Chris didn’t realize that was what Safi was.

It was definitely not fine. Christian wasn’t fine. He was having problems keeping his breathing steady, and his side was on fire. ”Doesn’t feel fine…” No, it felt like he’d messed things up. Again. And Safi was back to not liking him, and what was really weird was that Christian couldn’t even figure out when the other man had stopped not liking him in the first damn place!

”Not everyone feels the same.”

Chris blinked. ”Huh?” It wasn’t disagreement in his tone, it was complete and utter confusion. ”If… If you aren’t going to… Then why get married? What’s the point of being married if you don’t think it means anything?” It wasn’t a demand, it was an honest question. ”I’ve never met anyone, in my whole life, who felt that you could be married and still be with.. Other people. You’re…” Damn it, but he was he blushing again! ”You’re a first there…” Chris didn’t sit down on the stool, he wasn’t near it, and he wasn’t near the chair, either. He just leaned against the wall and let himself slide down it until he was sitting on the floor. Painful, very much so, but standing had been becoming work, too.

”Be safe, Safi.” He had avoided calling Safi by name out of concern that he’d say the name wrong, or off and just offend the other man all over again, but it kind of felt like he couldn’t make things worse anymore. The words were hollow, though, spoken softly. ”I… I hope she’s not mad at you for getting home so late… I would be.” Chris laughed just a little bit too loudly, ”But I’m a worrier.”
DC-TV-1

414 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Because sometimes the person you married isn't who you thought she was.” Damn if he wasn't here to talk about his failed marriage or to justify it to the little man either!

A dark chuckle escaped him; being married and with other people? Yeah he hadn't thought that Rachel was that type of person either. “Surprised me too.”
Wait had he mentioned she cheated on him? He didn't think so? But maybe he'd inferred it?

Through the haze of sexual, mental and liquor based frustration Safi was starting to get the idea that someone was on the wrong page.

“Late?” Blinking at his watch Safi couldn't help but chuckle “It is early in Tel Aviv, tomorrow she would be pissed if I called.” Oh look he was babbling now.

There was an urge to carry the small man to his bedroom that he managed to suppress. “You going to get into bed ok?” He asked with a sigh, running a hand through his hair.
DC-DCTVU-1

552 Posts
24 Threads
Nyte

Not who you thought she was? Chris blinked slowly. And then Safi said he had been surprised, too, and Christian looked up from the floor, frowning as he tried to process what Safi was saying to him. ”You…” He considered a moment, ”She cheated on you first?” Now there was disapproval in Chris’ voice, and it was most definitely not directed at Safi. No no, his wife had…

Chris was trying, very hard, to figure out what was going on. He was just so confused. And warm. Confused and warm, and his side was on fire. ”Tel Aviv?” Okay, Chris knew his geography, at least enough to know how fucking far away Tel Aviv was. ”Don’t you live in Central..?” Chris looked to his hands, trying to figure out how many time zones there were between Central City and Tel Aviv. It was… A lot. He looked back up to Safi, ”That’s… Why live here? You are a confusing person, Safi Wassem. So confusing.”

Wrong page? Hell yes, wrong page. Chris thought Safi was married. Currently. Right now. ”You…” Chris actually giggled a little bit, ”Have such a long way home.”

”You going to get into bed ok?”

Chris looked up at Safi, and snorted, ”Floor’s fine.” It wouldn’t be the first time he slept on the floor. Or the last, for that matter. Getting to bed when he felt like this, when the whole world just ceased to make any sense at all whatsoever was laughable. ”Do you go home on weekends?” Yeah, okay, he could get stuck on a topic sometimes when he was like this. Latch on to something and not be willing to let it go. Once Safi left he could just spill over onto the floor and… Jonah would wake him in the morning when his phone’s alarm started going off.

Wouldn’t be the first time. Poor Jonah.