July 1st, Tag Queth
Star Trek-AOS

85 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

Jaya was sitting at the corner of the bar, keeping an eye on what was going on, and who was coming in. The female who entered was notable both because of her sex and the fact that she was acting like someone who was there for business, rather than pleasure.

If she was there for business, then she was someone Jaya needed to talk to. Not that Jaya had any objection to people doing business of their own at the Green Goddess, but she did like to know what the nature of the business was, and to get a cut of the business, or some kind of benefit.

"Hello." she said, as the female sat down next to near her "I'm Jaya. Welcome to the Green Goddess."
Shadowrun-Tabletop edition

17 Posts
2 Threads
Job: "Travel Writer" (Smuggler)
Ship Status: N/A (looking?)
Sexual Orientation: Yes.
Moon

Queth glanced around quickly, mentally scanning and memorizing all of the potential exits, out of sheer force of habit. She walked up to the bar, counting her own steps and planning specific escape routes, including but not limited to how many rounds she might need to expend to get through it.

She saw- and then dismissed the green woman she was sitting nearby. Just as she had done with everyone else in the room. The smuggler had come here for business yes- but she found that observation was often an important place to start. As it was, she was about to raise her hand to flag down someone who could supply her with a drink when the oddly coloured female spoke up.

Glancing over at her, cyber eye first, Queth took barely a millisecond to realize that no- there was almost certainly not a weapon concealed in this woman's... The smuggler was inclined to call it lingerie but obviously this exotic woman considered it clothing.

Either way Queth was inclined to jealousy considering how comfortable the green lady seemed in so little. She herself was metal and scars so tended to be less confident without complete coverage.

"And here I thought you must be the Green Goddess." The elf said, feigning charm to appear less threatening. She offered her left hand to shake- the silicon on her right usually stood up to visual inspection- but rarely stood up to physical feedback. "I'm Teddi. Nice to meet you." Queth dropped a wink just to make her faked flirtation more clear- even if she was in reality using the movement to help her snap a capture of this other woman.
Star Trek-AOS

85 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya was dressed in a little bit more than the traditional bra-top and hip-wrap of Orion slave girls, but only a little more, and most of her skin was exposed. This didn't bother her at all-Orions were not prudish about their bodies in general, and she'd become very comfortable with flaunting her's.

As she approached, she noticed a bit of hostility from the female, but that wasn't especially unusual. Females of other species often did display hostility towards Orion women. Probably because they knew that, if it came down to a competition for any males in the area, that they would lose.

"That honor belongs to another." Jaya said, with a slight smile. She shook the female's hand- noting the differences that marked her as being something other than Terran. "Its good to meet you as well. What brings you here?"

17 Posts
2 Threads
Moon

Queth smiled- even though it made her skin stretch in a strange way she wasn't fond of. The expression was supposedly one that went with charm- but whoever said it used more muscles to smile than frown must have been correct since her face was already filling with twinges of pain.

She added in a laugh to continue with the charade. "Surely there can be two." She said about her not being the Green Goddess. She shrugged about her presence. Now would be the time to see how well this woman had actually read her.

Because obviously she had, considering she was asking why Queth was there- instead of assuming she was there for enjoyment.

"Oh- I'm just new to the- ah- universe I suppose, and I'm looking around." Her smile quirked slightly even as she flagged down the bartender for a drink. "The Green Goddess seems to me to be one of the more interesting areas so far- though I did get into a brawl outside of a different establishment... that was fun." Queth remarked with a chuckle.
Star Trek-AOS

85 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Perhaps." Jaya said, acknowledging the compliment, and noting that the female thought that flirtation was the appropriate mode of interaction. Idly she wondered if that was because the pointy-eared female enjoyed coupling with other females, or if she was assuming Jaya did for some reason.

"Place between universes." Jaya corrected. It was an unimportant piece of information, and one that the female would no doubt discover eventually on her own. "Thank you. I've worked hard to make it interesting." she smiled slightly "We don't have much in the way of brawling, so you'll have to look for that amusement elsewhere. Here, we offer a variety of delicious and intoxicating drinks, and a variety of delicious and intoxicating companions. Both males and females, depending on your tastes. Or we also offer meals, and the pleasure of watching the dancers, if your preferred amusements don't involve coupling." she looked at Queth, and raised an eyebrow "That is what we have to sell. Now, if you're interested in selling, or you want to use to Green Goddess as a place to do business, I'm glad to negotiate that as well. I don't care if what you're selling overlaps with what I sell, but I will ask for a larger cut in that case."

17 Posts
2 Threads
Moon

Queth's faked smiled dropped from her face to be replaced by a languid smirk. "Are my intentions so obvious to read?" She said, leaning on her palm as she regarded the other woman. The elf quickly scanned her environment again to adapt her escape plans to the changing conditions as people came and went.

With a small shake of her head to help return herself to topic she looked back at the bar. "The only thing I'm here to sell are my services for the time being." Queth acquiesced. If Jaya was alright with her doing business here- then she had no reason to pretend to be doing otherwise.

"It seems to me that not much is frowned upon in the hub- But I'm getting quite skilled at moving things in and out of worlds." The smuggler took the moment of drink delivery to reorganize her train of thought before continuing. "Intoxicants, People, Information. For the right price I'll fetch anything." Queth sipped the drink in her hand before turning to the other woman.

With a shrug for elaboration she simply added on. "I'm a smuggler. Trying to find some clients in the Hub."
Star Trek-AOS

85 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Katie

"They are if you know what to look for." Jaya replied "You're too nervous to be here for pleasure, so business was the obvious conclusion."

Jaya listened to what the woman was describing, thinking that she might be a good source, if she was reliable. "In that case, I think I know what I would ask in exchange for you using this place to meet clients and make exchanges. I need a few specialized parts, or the materials to make the parts, but its proving difficult to find a world with a high enough tech base to provide them. Do you know of anyplace that might be worth checking?"

"I think you'll find that the Hub is an excellent place for that sort of commerce. Though 'smuggling' doesn't have to be involved, unless you like making dangerous runs into other universes. The rocks of one universe are often the diamonds of another."