Voltron -Legendary Defender

13 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Raven

All Accounts Posts: 45
Keith had been flying Red over the ‘Hub’ for hours and if he had any less respect for his lion he would’ve hit the controls with frustration. As it was he growled and shook his fists in the air. Red’s pointed silence showed what she thought of his temper tantrum.

“I know, I know… I just have to focus, but what the hell am I supposed to focus on?” he muttered, sweeping a hand in front of him to indicate the expanse of land below him that somehow could be seen all at once and yet when he flew over it went on seemingly forever. “I should probably just fly back to our own universe but I had this vision… and if Shiro is here.” He narrowed his eyes, looking out his visor toward a tower in the distance. “I need to be sure, Red.” And to that he felt a bump in his thoughts, the lion’s way of agreeing that this was the right path.

Of course Red was as bullheaded as he was. He probably should’ve brought one of the other paladins with him. But he was also impulsive, and he could just imagine the look on Lance’s face if he tried to explain they needed to investigate a multidimensional portal because of a vision he had.

No, he’d give it some more time. And the readings on that tower showed the highest levels of tech within miles. Whatever was there, it was probably his best chance of finding a way to amplify Red’s scanners. So far the Hub was just too populated to single out Shiro’s signature.

“Let’s go take a look,” he said, straightening his shoulders as he gripped Red’s control levers and thrust forward. It was only a few miles away so he flew at a moderate pace, slowing as he approached the giant tower with an ‘A’ at the top. It might have defenses and nothing said he was friendly. Also nothing said, ‘here - land your giant robot lion right here’.

“You might have to hover and I’ll lower down to that platform on the tower, looks like it’s meant for aircraft landing.”
Marvel-MCU-1

334 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,963
“Sir there is a-” Tony glanced up as his AI paused: “Robotic space lion coming in on the roof Boss.” Friday finished bringing up the outside cameras.

Tony actually paused, blinking at the technicolored technological marvel; torn between his sudden tech boner, admiration for the color scheme and- “Cap! Suit up! Looks like we got incoming!” Really he'd love to get his hands on it but as Friday bringing up his suit(one of the ‘new’ to him ones he'd finally gotten his dirty little mitts on) he couldn't argue with her.

Anxiety from trauma both remembered and not spiked his vitals. Nothing good came from space.

Nothing.

Tony had taken the time to repaint, putting his personal signature on the modified ammor that his other dimensional counterpart had created, getting his reactor to power the thing instead of the ‘RT’ the flies he'd found said it used had also needed some finagling.

Blasting up through the roof access point to meet the threat Tony turned up his speakers- “Love the color scheme but how about you go harass somewhere else-” Tony actually hiccuped mid sentence as he recognized the robot, swallowing his planned quip of calling it ‘megazord’ to- “Voltron. Really? Is this a thing now?”

“Friday tell me that I'm not seeing a bad Japanese anime giant robot knock off about to take a bite out of my tower?”

The sarcastic voice of his AI was projected on the com; “I do believe you are Boss. Shall I send up your action figures to be signed?”

“Steve!! I think your elf buddy fucked with my head!!”
Marvel-MCU

316 Posts
15 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,555
Red Sky at Morning

Steve had been spending more and more time in his room since Arjay had healed Tony, since his...argument? With Tony, and especially since his return home early that morning. And when he wasn’t in his room, he was walking the borough and the rest of the amazing city they had found themselves in, visiting Wanda at the mansion and Arjay at The Wandering Moon, though those trips had even grown more infrequent, as Steve more and more often opted to visit the tower’s gym instead.

He had a whole lot to work out, after all.

Of course, whenever Tony asked Steve to join him, Steve immediately responded, and never took long to come where he was needed. He was never late to anything, be it meetings or meals, but he never sought out the engineer on his own..

The call to ‘suit up’ because they had incoming had Steve’s head jerking up from the picture he’d been sketching. Incoming? That sounded… Foreboding. Steve stood, leaving his pencil and sketchbook on the table he’d been sitting at, moving quickly to grab the mace-like rod that Arjay had given him and a comm link. And that… Was as suited up as Steve got anymore. Hell, before he’d met Arjay and had Tony join him, he hadn’t even had a weapon or a comm. There was no one to team up with, and he hadn’t had any cause to fight. It had been awfully lonely. Steve was still awfully lonely, really.

But it wasn’t going to be boring today, at least. And Tony was calling for him.

That suited Steve just fine. He raced up the stairs, to the landing pad, and looked up, shaking his head, ”It’s… A giant robot lion?” Steve blinked, looking over toward Iron Man (When had Tony made a new suit?), ”Like the children’s toys, only… Real?” He sighed at Tony’s words, but with the magic and the stone, he couldn’t really blame Tony for being cautious, ”If you’re seeing a giant robot lion made by someone who shares your favorite color, you’re not wrong, Tony. And Arjay didn’t do anything but heal you.”

“That’s not going away anytime soon.”

13 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Raven

Red’s jaw opened and Keith jumped out, firing his jetpack to lower himself down to the tower landing zone.

Just as a red robot flew out of the top of the building.

Defenses. Defenses with a sense of humor. (Hadn’t he left Lance behind for a reason?) Defenses that knew what Voltron was. Damn it. That could be really good. Or really bad. He could just hear Hunk’s nonintrusive “Uh, guys, I told you we should’ve hailed the tower first…” Yeah, he should listen to Hunk’s voice in his head more often. Also, he should’ve just stayed in Red where he could get a decent readout on what this robot was. As it was, his link with the lion just indicated a potential threat. A potential threat that knew who Voltron was. Best case scenario that meant the people here could help him. Worst case scenario -

As he jetted toward the platform below he felt Red’s protective streak flare up, literally, the giant lion’s mouth widening to show a ball of fire ready to protect her paladin.

Worst case scenario was what Red led with. Something he could temper if he was actually at her controls. Something he couldn’t touch if he was descending toward a tower defended by flying red robots. It was exactly the type of scenario where Red would decide her new paladin was in over his head (not a completely wrong assessment) and charge in to protect him.

The lion shifted in the sky, circling for defense while she readied her offense. Keith’s jetpack only fired in bursts… he’d have to land first and then zoom back up to get back into Red. There wasn’t time. Sending his best “Down girl” image to the lion he shouted out - his comm link broadcasting his words on all frequencies - “Not harassing you, here for help!” He noticed a man with a mace emerge on the platform he was headed to. “Hey, can you call off your red robot? My lion’s trying to defend me, and I really don’t mean any harm.”

He winced as Red decided she’d waited long enough and let loose with the fireball directly at the red robot. Now he heard Shiro’s voice - “Actions speak louder than words Keith.” Yes… yes they did. Damn.
Marvel-MCU-1

334 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

I am Iron Man
Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk.

Genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist
“Woah! Fire bad!” The missile packs on his shoulders came to life tracking the circling mecha. ”Friday! Find me a way into that!.” the AI responded, delving into the wireless bands, if there was a com link there was wireless access to SOMETHING. And a foot hold was all the AI needed.

”Oh goodie one more day with out padded walls.”. Tony quipped back in response to Steve’s affirmation he wasn't crazy.

”But than again, Saturday morning Cartoon hour..not as fun as I thought it would be.”

Tony’s face plate went up as the kid (who was he ...Red that was Lance right? Begged off attacking...only to immediately have a fireball headed his way. ”Yeah you heard Lance. Down girl!” Missiles sped out aimed for the jaw and ‘knee’ joints. Disabling Not destruction on his mind.

Wait red robot? ”Umm excuse you kid, you're the only one that brought a robot to this fight.” Tony swooped down, scooping up Steve ”Captain America I chose you!” hell it was Saturday morning cartoon time right? Tony heaved Steve at the robot, after all he wasn't much use on the ground.

Marvel-MCU

316 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

Red Sky at Morning

Robot lions and guys in jetpacks. Just another day for the Avengers, right? Or, no, not really.

Especially not giant robot lions that looked just like the children’s toys from a television cartoon show. It was disconcerting, to see something like this, but Steve had become acclimated to disconcerting scenes. He had undergone an experiment that had turned him into a super soldier, crashed into the arctic, and woken in a new century filled with technological wonders that he hadn’t even dreamed of before. Then, just as he was getting used to that time and place, he had ended up here, in a city where all sorts of worlds seemed to converge and mesh. Where he had met elves and seen magic cast, where he himself possessed a magical weapon (gifted to him by an elf nonetheless) and had fought off an attacking party of orcs.

Weird had become a part of Steve’s daily life.

”Well, one more afternoon, anyway. After earlier...” Steve shrugged good naturedly, the smile he wore audible in his tone. Their lives would always be eventful.

Steve’s easy going nature evaporated when the lion launched a fireball at Tony. At. Tony. Steve shouted into the comm link, ”Tony!!” His fear and concern spilled into his voice without filter this time around; too much had happened too recently for Steve to be able to downplay the emotional upheaval he felt at the moment.

It was relief when Tony dodged the fireball and picked Steve up, who responded like he always had; looking ahead at where Tony was thrusting him at the lion, hitting a button on his mace to transform it into a battering ram and using his own momentum combined with his rather impressive strength to hammer at the robot lion. ”You don’t get to come to our house and throw down while claiming to come in peace, kid. Make up your mind. Because I promise you we won’t go down easy.”

13 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Raven

Keith knew the screw up was his, and he’d take full responsibility… as soon as he could get some semblance of a ceasefire in effect.

Rather than the increase fire that Red had in mind. “Damn it,” he muttered as Red let loose with her arsenal at the robot who wasn’t a robot, who was a man. “Red, no… don’t… wait.” Just as he settled on the platform, his head swiveled toward the red, not-robot. Blond and muscled was calling him Tony. “I’m not LANCE!” he shouted, indignation coloring his face the same hue as his suit. “Keith! The good pilot.”

The good pilot who left his craft right when he needed to be in it.

Red was attacking, but something was holding her back. He had no idea about the A.I. vying to get into her system, but keeping the firewalls up was occupying a good portion of her attention. Keith wasn’t that worried when a round of missiles fired at her joints, if anything, maybe she would pull back a bit. Red shot down two of the missiles, taking one of them in the right foreleg. Twisting in the air she pulled back a hundred feet.

Which was good. And bad. Because he needed to get back to her, and his jetpack wasn’t enough to do it.

And then Tony threw Muscles right at Red. He’d pegged the man as clever, but that was a sure way to get the guy - no matter that he was more buff than Shiro - incinerated… hey… “Wait… I can fix this… throw me at her. She won’t attack if I’m in the way, and I can disable her.” He ran to the edge of the platform and engaged his jetpack, heading toward Tony. Maybe an act of trust, more an act of tactical hope. Please don’t blow me up.

“I’m not trying to throw down, I messed up. She’s just trying to defend me, throw me at her mouth!” She was not strictly a robot either, though since being thrown into an intergalactic war the paladins hadn’t had much time for a historical explanation for exactly how the lions came to be. But Keith had never known an A.I. who had a telepathic link with a pilot... though right now that link was worth crap. As it was, he still sent Red a thought stop attacking and come get me.
Marvel-MCU-1

334 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony just rolled his eyes, thankful that for the moment at least his not exactly doppleganger was AWOL and not trying to get in his own two cents on this fight. Sure it wasn’t exactly play time but Tony also really wasn’t taking this as a all hands on deck fight either. Probably because of the sheer ridiculousness of it.

I mean really? Voltron? What was next Voldemort?

Tony’s named screamed by Steve sent a warm familiar thread down his spine; Tony shook off the feeling, he wasn’t entitled to it. And worse this wasn’t his Steve to ask for forgiveness from.

Right giant robot and Not Lance “Hey! Don’t lie! Blue is Keith! I Grew up on these damn things!” Tony prattled on, “Pretty sure I had my first tech boner to Lance piloting Red.” Wait did he say that outloud? Eh, he’d said worse.

And hang on now hover boy wanted to follow Steve? Tony rolled his eyes behind his mask. “Ok Kid your funeral if you wanna take on Cap.” Armored fingers curled into the white fabric behind the kid’s head, lifting him by his scruff. “Not!Lance Center Pocket!” Tony spun heaving the suited figure right into the open mouth of his lion.

“And the crowd goes wild!”

What??...it had been a hell of a day already ok!
Marvel-MCU

316 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

Red Sky at Morning

It felt so damn good to be fighting again.

For a long time, Steve had struggled with that. With the fact that he was a man who wanted peace for the world, but found himself enjoying a fight. He loved to spar, even. Did that make him a violent person? He couldn’t help but to think that maybe, maybe it did. So he tried to direct that violence in a way that was productive rather than destructive.

When Tony threw him at the lion? Steve never gave it a second thought. Tony would get him where he needed to go, and he would do what he could to distract the robot lion from throwing fireballs at Tony, while maybe figuring out how to stop the fight as a whole. And banging his battering ram at metal with abandon. Yeah, this was going to feel so much better. Especially after this lion had launched a fireball at Tony!

Tony loved to talk. Still, Steve was pretty sure that was a bit on the personal side, even for him. ”Information I did not need to know, Tony.” Hey, it was better than ‘language’ right? Right. Had to be.

Those damn PSAs.

Steve didn’t hesitate once he made contact. He got a grip on the lion, heaved himself to a good, standing position, and then glanced around for a good place to zero in on to keep the thing distracted, or best case scenario, get this thing grounded. And then he looked up when Tony heaved the kid (who was still proclaiming he wasn’t looking for a fight..) at the lion. ”You really should have stayed down, kid.” Steve didn’t feel bad for banging full strength against a lion made of metal, but a kid? Wasn’t happening.

13 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Raven

There wasn’t much time for arguing between rocketing toward Tony and then getting flung at his lion, add into that mix the red-armored man saying ‘Lance’ and ‘boner’ in the same breath and all Keith could manage was a vigorous head shake and a long “Nuh uhhhhhh!” that shifted pitch as Tony whipped him around and up toward Red.

He had no intention of taking on Cap, especially considering Muscles should look ridiculous pounding away at the red lion but actually looked like a potential threat. Hopefully Red would hold off on electrifying her hull. He was already on the wrong side of convincing the two men that he needed help.

“If I stayed down, Red would keep at it until one of you was scrap… just let me in to stop her!” He had his hand on the red bayard in case Cap tried to intercept him. Hopefully the fact that the blossoming fireball in Red’s mouth flickered out as Keith came toward her would placate the two men somewhat. Firing what was left of his jetpack, Keith rocketed into Red’s mouth and grabbed hold of the rail leading up to the cockpit. Leaping into his seat he grabbed the controls. “Okay Red, knock it off… we’re not here to attack…” He pulled back on the stick and… nothing happend. “Damn it! What’s wrong?”

The controls of the Voltron lions weren’t typical flight controls. When he touched them he was somehow psychically connected to the ship, able to direct her as much with his thoughts as with the physical action of the controls. And right now… he couldn’t sync with her. An image of some electrical entity fighting inside Red’s computer came into his mind and he realized what was happening.

Hoping at least the broadcast system was working Keith tried to open a channel and shouted, “There’s some kind of computer trying to control the lion and now she’s not responding to me… Just turn off your defenses and I’ll disarm her!”
Marvel-MCU-1

334 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“Wait wait!!” Tony grinned behind his mask, “Does this mean Thundercats are real somewhere? Because 15 year old me wrote this thing about Chetarra and Tigra...and man I owe it to him if figure out if he was right….for science.”

Honestly he wasn't sure if the horrified look on the kids face was for the boner comment or the thundercat one. Either way he had Friday save it for later..you know in case they adopted a Voltron for an avenger.

Hang on now the kid wanted him to ‘turn off his defenses’? “Umm yeah no sorry kid. Friday almost has your kitty in a sleeper hold. So back off or see how we put down naughty pussys.”
Marvel-MCU

316 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

“Language!”

He really liked the fact that this mace became a battering ram. It was a useful tool that Steve actually knew how to use fairly effectively. It served more than one purpose and more closely resembled a shield when he held it than the mace had.

Steve really missed his shield. Almost idly, as he brought the battering ram against the hull of the lion, he wondered if it (or some version of it) was here, in the tower. Huh. Maybe Tadashi could locate it. But then, Tony wouldn’t be happy about that. So… Maybe not.

Tony and Clint had made him watch a lot of television programs since the Avengers had come together. Since they’d all moved into the tower. And a lot of those programs had been cartoons (cartoons had changed a lot since 1941). This kid and his lion were from one of those programs, and… ”Tony, weren’t the lion pilots the good guys?” When Keith entered the mouth of the lion, Steve swung in behind him immediately. If he moved quickly enough, he figured he could follow the kid inside before the lion had time to fry him.

He hoped.

”Different cartoon program, Tony.” Steve couldn’t help but be amused, even if he really didn’t need to know about the ‘things’ that Tony had written about as a young man. And 15… ”Weren’t you in college then?” He’d had time to write fiction, of course he had. Steve tamped down on the urge to roll his eyes; they were in the middle of a battle.

”We aren’t going to turn off our defenses and open ourselves to further attacks, kid. But…” He sighed, ”Tony, Friday… How about we just… Loosen our stranglehold on the lion and keep an eye on it? See what he wants to do.” It was a compromise; Keith might still attack, at which point Steve would put him down right here from the lion, and proceed to do whatever damage he could to the robot. But if the kid stood down, then maybe they could end this peacefully.

13 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Raven

Keith had no idea what Thundercats were - Tony’s babbling was as random and annoying as Lance’s - but the red-armored man flung him up toward Red, and that was all that mattered.

That, and the fact that these two men had a formidable amount of power and technology at their disposal. If anyone he’d met so far could help him find Shiro, it would be these two men, with their camaraderie that reminded him of his own team. If they had any interest in helping him after this fiasco.

“We are the good guys!” he shouted as he made it into Red, assuming he’d have his lion purring instead of growling with just a few flicks of the controls. Except his lion wasn’t responding to him. Tony had incredible tech at his fingertips, great, but he was using it to hobble Red, not so great. He rolled his eyes at Tony’s pussy comment, making a mental note to never let him in the same room with Lance.

“It’s good that you have faith in your computer, but even we don’t know everything the lions are capable of and if Red gets free she’s gonna… please, just let me take care of this? She’s overprotective and none of this is helping.”

He heard the footsteps behind him. Muscles. They’d managed to hack their way into a Voltron lion and now this guy who could probably crush Keith’s head between his bicep and forearm was in the cockpit with him. And he was still a threat how?

“Yes, give me a chance…”

Whether it was Tony listening to Muscles’ reasoning or Red finding a way out of the labyrinth he wasn’t sure, but suddenly he felt the familiar tingle in his mind as the lion opened to his control. “Down girl,” he whispered, easing back on the levers to pull the lion farther from the tower. There was nowhere to land, but the lion could hover indefinitely so as much as he could he put her in standby, hoping Tony’s computer would see the retraction of her claws.

Then he turned around.

“She’s in standby. I…” He furrowed his brow. The next words were never easy for him to say, but his dad had always insisted it was easier to get them out earlier than later. “I made a mistake, I’m sorry. She perceived a threat and came to my defense… I’m honestly still getting used to a spacecraft that thinks for itself.” Standing up he held out a hand. “I’m Keith, the..” He blinked rapidly. “...current leader of Voltron.”
Marvel-MCU-1

334 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“Yeessssss? And? Like the good guys never fought each other?” Tony snorted, right now it was pretty clear who was in the wrong. “Two for two Cap! Senior year.” He'd been writing his thesis while making U. He actually remembered a good chunk of that year too which was pretty damn amazing.

“Yes Captain Rogers.” Friday's melodic voice echoed out of his suit speakers. “Wow. Way to seduce my best girl Steve.”

Tony held back watching the lion pull away and stand down. He'd let Steve take care of the personal stuff, he was better at it.

“Friday you got all that right? Bruce is gonna have a cat!” He crowed chuckling gleefully.
Marvel-MCU

316 Posts
15 Threads
Nyte

“Language!”

So yeah, okay, Tony’s ranting could get… Irritating sometimes. But Steve liked it, liked having it in his ear. Because it meant certain things; it meant that they were fighting together again, and it meant that Tony was okay, and it meant that Tony was in somewhat high spirits. And all of these things were preferable to silence. Very, very preferable.

The camaraderie was… God, Steve had missed this. Even without the rest of the Avengers, this was… Good. It was like coming home, or having a long drink of cool water after wandering in a desert, or more in Steve’s experience, like waking up to feel warm and comfortable after spending the better part of a century frozen in ice. It made his heart warm and swell to hear Tony jabbering into the comms, making references that Steve only half understood.

Keith’s request to be allowed to have his lion stand down called to Steve. He didn’t want to ask Friday to back out of the lion’s systems completely, just in case, but to give Keith enough rope to hang himself, or to make this right? Yeah, that was right up Steve’s alley. So he asked Friday, and when she complied, he grinned widely, happy that she listened to him. Because honestly, Steve was never sure if she would or not, or if she’d be stubborn just to punish him. Because he was pretty sure Friday didn’t like him all that much. ”Thank you, Friday.” He rolled his eyes, still smiling widely as he addressed Tony, ”Oh, come on, Tony, she’ll always be your girl. Just so happens she and I apparently agree today.”

”Pretty sure he’ll have a lion, Tony.” When Keith turned to greet him, Steve offered the younger man a smile, taking the offered hand to shake, ”It’s nice to meet you, Keith. Nicer now that we’re not at odds. I’m Steve Rogers. My friend is Tony Stark. You said you were looking for help. Why don’t we go inside and talk about what it is that you need, and see if it’s something we can do? Is your lion going to be okay with that?” There was no trace of disbelief or levity in Steve’s tone when he asked about Red; Friday was a person, so Steve didn’t really see why the lion couldn’t be a person, too.