Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: John WinchesterWhere do we go from here? Tag Mary Winchester
Supernatural-TV show preseries

14 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

All Accounts Posts: 573
The Impala was the same. Well, almost. John could pick out some of what had been replaced over the years. The interior had been retooled. The engine sounded different. Someone had replaced the transition, which had been starting to grind after ten years on the road.

Mary was driving. That John was wondering how many miles the transition had ultimately lasted probably meant he wasn’t processing that fact very well.

Mary, alive, in 2019. Young as the day she’d died. A damn hunter. Dean and Sam grown, or huddled together in the motel where he’d left them in 1993, depending on how you looked at it. Angels were real. His own father had been a man of letters and had left them a bunker.

Coupla hundred thousand, maybe? Nothing lasted forever. Could be on the third one by now, if that odometer was right. He was glad Dean had taken care of his car.

As they pulled into the long drive leading toward the bunker, he cleared his throat. “Well, uh,” he said. “Thanks for the ride.”

@eve
Supernatural-Supernatural Season 13

12 Posts
1 Threads
Job: Hunter/Mother
Ship Status: Widowed?
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Eve

The Impala. John’s car, but more recently, Mary had accepted it as Dean’s car. Being returned to a world in which her husband was dead and her sons grown men, hunters, had not been easy for Mary to deal with, but she’d mostly managed. She had made some decisions that might have been questionable, but she’d done her best. In the end, it had brought her back to Dean and Sam, and for that, she was forever grateful.

Driving John’s car with John as a passenger, though, was nearly surreal. If he’d known where they were going, she would have immediately surrendered the driver’s seat to him.

As though Dean wouldn’t have taken care of the car. Or his brother. Mary was thankful that both of them were alive, that they were together and close. At least in that, she knew John had done right by them. Or at least, as right as he could.

“If you’d known the way, you would have driven.” She stated it as the fact that it was, knowing full well her husband couldn’t be thrilled about being a passenger in his own car. She went silent for a long moment, considering what else she could say before she murmured, “They’re good men, John.”

@starkly

14 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Wasn’t like John had never been a passenger in his own car before. That time he’d been near eviscerated by a ghoul Bobby had hauled his ass back to town in the Impala. Soon as Dean had grown tall enough to see over the dash, a couple years back, he’d started giving the boy driving lessons on the principle that Dean might be in a position to do the same as Bobby someday. Normally, there was something on the side of surreal in sitting in his own passenger seat with someone else’s hands on the wheel.

What had him all turned around was that Mary driving wasn’t like that.

Sure, he’d usually been the one behind the wheel but it’d been her car too. The family car. He had memories as clear as day of his Mary bending over to pack Dean and Sammy into their car seats and driving off to the store or a friend or to a play date for Dean. She’d even picked him up from work once or twice when schedules demanded it. Hell, after the fire, it had been the only thing left of her.

“I guess there are a lot of things I don’t know,” John said, the words coming out harsher than he’d intended. Wasn’t Mary’s fault he was adrift like this. He closed his eyes briefly, listening to the crunch of the tires on the long driveway, then looked at her and tried again. “The boys. They’re...they're all right?”

@eve (posted to wrong thread first oops)
Supernatural-Supernatural Season 13

12 Posts
1 Threads
Job: Hunter/Mother
Ship Status: Widowed?
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Eve

Of course Mary had driven the Impala before. They’d been together too long for her not to have, but in her favorite memories, it had always been John driving. When it had just been the two of them, before the boys had been born, the Impala had been ‘John’s’ car. He’d chosen it, bought it himself. And oh, the memories they had made together in it were some of the happiest Mary had. But she could feel the tension in the air and wanted to break it somehow. She just had no idea how.

John, alive and well, here in the Impala. At her side. If they could just find Dean, they could be a family again. Her family. God, but she longed for that, more than anything else. But for that they had to find Dean, had to get rid of Michael.

“Of course there’s a lot you don’t know, John,” her voice was softer, the counterweight to his harshness, “There’s a whole lot I don’t know, either.” When he tried again, Mary smiled at him, pride shining in her eyes, not just for the boys, but for him, too. “They’re amazing, John. I never imagined they could grow up to be so close, but they are. You brought them up right, hunters or not.” She reached out to squeeze his hand, her smile faltering just slightly, “Sam is fine, he’s in the bunker. Dean…” She drew in a long breath, “That I know, Dean isn’t hurt, he’s just.. Not here. He left, I’ve was looking for him, but he wasn’t hurt when I saw him last, things are just…. complicated.”

@starkly

14 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

John hated that tone. He’d hated that tone when they were married, when they’d been fighting, and it amazed him just how easily it dig under his skin now. Like being upset about all this was irrational and he needed talking down. Then he swallowed back the annoyance, angry at himself for feeling it at all.

Talk of the boys quieted that part of his mind, and so did her hand in his. He closed his fingers around hers, felt her hunter’s callouses juxtaposed against the soft, creamy skin along the back of her hand. Wanted nothing more in that moment than to pull her close and forget the last eight years had ever happened at all.

“Raised them right?” he echoed, running his thumb lightly against the back of her hand, and huffed a humorless laugh. “Been doing the best I goddamn can. Never been enough.”

He let out a breath, forcing focus. He couldn’t afford to let all that messy emotion take him over.

The fact of the situation was, his boys needed him in ‘92, but if there was a way back, the time travel angle meant he had time to sort it out. To sort it all out. (Convince Mary to come back with him.) He could help this future Dean then find that Castiel Mary had mentioned and come right back to the moment he’d left, his boys none the wiser. Confirm the possibility first, of course, on the off chance there wasn’t a deadline to it. And if there wasn’t a way back, well. Dean knew what to do.

He looked at Mary, his gaze even. “Tell me more about this trouble Dean’s in.”

@eve