Marvel Comics-Marvel 616-Adjacent

44 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 962
The days since the ignominious end to their first date had grated on Pete for a number of reasons. The first and foremost was that the poor lass had run away from the date in a right state, and it had been more or less his fault. Okay, he hadn’t been the tosser who’d given her those abandonment isues, that much was true, but he’d somehow brought their conversations around to a place where it had reminded her of it, and then he hadn’t helped push the conversation away from it, which had been just bloody daft.

Since then, he hadn’t been able to bring himself to go over to her place, since he was fairly sure that he’d outlasted his welcome with her in that date, and he foolishly had never gotten her mobile number, which just stank of amateur mistake. Oh, sure, he could get her number easily enough, he was a bloody spy after all, but it would look more than a little bit creepy if he essentially stalked her until he had her contact information… all because he couldn’t work up the nerve to go over. There was, in the end, only one solution to the situation: He stopped at the bar, fortified himself with a sufficient blood alcohol level in the bar next door, then slipped into her little shop after the last customer left, but before she’d had a chance to come around and lock the door. Neither of them needed any witnesses to this.

And so it was that when Belle came back out from the kitchen, Pete had locked the door for her and taken down the ‘open’ sign, and was sitting at one of the tables. “I’m sorry about the other night,” he said, preemptively. “And I’m sorry it took me four days and three drinks to come say that.” He paused, considering what he’d just said, then admitted, “Unless you count the drinks I started with at lunch. Then it’s more like six, but it’s still been too many days.”

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

267 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,779
‘Closing time’ for Belle was actually two different hours- one at about 1pm which was her actual closing when she slept, and 3am when she closed for a few hours to set up for breakfast and lunch. The second was more of a ‘soft’ close if anyone was still inside she kept the cafe open, her whole reason for starting this business was to give the people who needed a little bit of comfort, a sense of home a place to be.

She wasn’t going to lie though- it was with a sigh of relief that she took the last tray into the kitchen, wishing her last customer on his way. Maybe tonight she’d get in a little nap, for once she was ahead of her prep and what remained could be knocked out easily.

She really tried not to wince when the little bell over her front door chimes but one could hope - “Did ya forget something hun-“ Belle came out of the kitchen, dying her hands on a towel, hair disheveled, tendrils curling over her cheeks and neck, her smile was tried but real-

“Pete? Ah…” belle blinked in surprise, embarrassment sending hot flashes up her neck. She’s not expected to see him again not after how she’d shamed herself on their first date.

“Ya have nothing to be sorry for-“ Belle’s eyes narrowed slightly in thought wait he’d been drinking? “Ya weren’t next door where ya?” Because while Hub didn’t allow a man to get poisoned it seemed to not care if a man got shitfaced on deceptively strong liquor, and the mostly alien clientele next door seemed to have a MUCH higher tolerance.

@mike
Marvel Comics-Marvel 616-Adjacent

44 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 962
"Next door? Aye," he confirmed, nodding a little. "Waited there for your place to clear out. Didn't think either one of us wanted anyone else watching us try to stumble through this." He paused, then added, in the interest of honesty, "And I don't know what sort of gin they have there, but it's bloody marvelous. That's beside the point, though. Aye, I've got enough to be sorry for. I said something daft, put you into a right state, and like the tosser I am, I just let you run away, standin' there like an addled deer looking into the express lane." He shook his head, looking at his hand like he expected (or hoped) to find a drink there, then looked back up at her. "And no, luv, I'm not drunk, if that's why you were asking. Just feeling like a complete bloody fool."

@kel