Thread Contributor: SigynIn a World Apart
Marvel-MCU-616

17 Posts
4 Threads
Job: God of Fidelity
Ship Status: Betrothed
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Sexual
Nyte

The echo of a soft whistle preceded the god of fidelity as he strolled down the street. He was far, far from home, and yet he possessed no sense of urgency to return. His princess was here, and that meant that this was where he was meant to be as well. Of course, when said princess was all but avoiding him, that didn’t make this place terribly easy to be, but that was simply a part of his path to walk; he could not change how his love felt toward him, and he had no inclination to change her, not even for his own happiness. He would walk beside her, or behind her until Ragnarok, and then again after if his luck held out.

And so the melancholy man whistled a jaunty tune, doing what his Queen would call ‘faking it till he was making it’ ignoring much of the hubbub around him as the citizens of Hub went about their morning.

It was by chance that a door opened as he approached, spilling out the most delicious smells. The scent of quality foodstuffs caught his attention.

Loki always did enjoy a good sweet pastry…

The door chimed as he entered the cafe, moving into the building to see if they might have anything for him to eat, and something sweet to take to his princess.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

304 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,821
Her arm still itched.

Belle smiled widely spinning with unconcious grace, tennis shoes squeaking on the polished not!linoleum floor as she dodged a pair of children playing tag, hosting her full tray over her head, waving off the frantic apologies of the mother?father? Parent. Their green warty frogfish appearance doing nothing to disguise the universal feeling of parental embarrassment for misbehaving offspring.

It was healed with out a scar, so many kindnesses granted to her by friends and strangers alike.

It still itches.

Setting down her burden Belle turned a flushed smile towards the door- “Come on in! Find a seat anywhere I’ll be right there!” she promised flouncing to shift the platters of food to their destinations.

She really needed to hire help, lord knew the cafe was holding its own and even making back the money she’d spent to set it up, and she did have help, but somehow she always found herself in the thick of things.

“How are ya doin’?” From any other ‘waitress’ that might have come across as polite opener for an order, from Belle...well maybe this was one of the reasons she was doing so well, from Belle it was a genuine inquiry as to his state of wellbeing. “My name is Belle, whats got ya tempted?”

@eve
Marvel-MCU-616

17 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

There were children running amok within the cafe, and the sight of it brought a smile to Sigyn’s lips. It was so good to see that there were little ones in this strange city. So much like home, seeing them play so carefree, and yet so much different than the children of Asgard.

The red haired woman tending the cafe called him in and he grinned merrily over to her, any sense of malcontent or despondency evaporating in the face of her obviously genuine cheer and care. This was certainly his sort of establishment, if they had sweet things as well as more savory dishes, he would certain be visiting again. Nodding to her as he moved to find an empty table, settling into a chair, his eyes roving around the interior of the building.

It was so comfortable here. Perhaps, when she was again willing to spend time with him, he could bring his princess here for an early lunch. Best to taste the menu before he did something like that, then. Much as he loved her, Sigyn was also aware that she was quite particular.

“It has been a fair day to me thus far, thank you.” He smiled to her, the expression crinkling the corners of his eyes and making them warm even more than they had already been. “I am called Sigyn. I’m not sure what it was that I smelled when I walked in, but it smelled sweet and delicious. And I was hoping that maybe you’d have pastries for me to bring back home with me?” He almost seemed done before he looked up at her, his eyes going just a touch wide, “And do you make the iced cream here? That… Is a true treat. Midgard has the finest sweets…”

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

304 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The corners of Belle’s eyes crinkled with her wide smile hinting at where time would mark her easy joy if she ever put down the ring that held it at bay- “Now thats good ta hear.” She exclaimed with genuine warmth, tapping the table top, a menu that auto-filtered for detected incompatible foods popped up for him. Now Hub might not let a man get poisoned but that didn’t stop ..[i]other[i] issues that could arise. And the last thing Belle wanted was for her food to be associated with night on what ever they used for a commode!

“That’d likely be either the cinnamon rasian buns, or mincepies.” Hub, the Bazarr anyway might be seasonless, but her calendar said it was December which meant instead of peaches, her menu was dominated with ginger bread, peppermint, and pumpkin spice.

“Ah don’t make it in house-“ too much time, she already struggled with the menu she had! “But ah have it available.” Belle reached down to the table brining up the correct selection- “The peppermint gingerbread crumble ice cream is our current flavor, but there’s always the standards-“ images of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, blueberry and of course rocky road popped up.

“O’course! Anything ya see ah can wrap up for ya,”

Midgard? Belle’s ears twigged at that. “Norse?” She asked curiously.

@eve
Marvel-MCU-616

17 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

The lady of the shop seemed downright pleasant; a Midgardian by the looks of her, but there was nothing wrong with Midgardians! His Queen liked them enough. And this woman was both lovely to behold as well as lovely to interact with, at least thus far. People could turn out to be different than you thought sometimes. And didn’t that thought threaten to dim his mood…

Shoving such considerations aside for a gloomier day than this, Sigyn smiled at the red haired maiden that was playing proprietor as well as server. “Which would you suggest for a hungry man wandering the streets of this city today? Or… Maybe one of each.” He was very hungry now, surrounded in the sweet smells that had drawn him into the cafe in the first place.

She didn’t make the ice cream, but she had some. The grin that spread his lips wide also made his eyes twinkle with a joy that was hard to describe. Something you might expect to find in a child rather than a man, especially a god as old as Sigyn was. Still… Iced cream. “I’ll try strawberry. It has a lovely color.”

She was so very helpful, and Sigyn had plenty of coin to spend. “Let’s make up a basket. I’m not certain which she’ll prefer, and it’s always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to my princess.” He grinned at her question, “On Midgard, you sometimes call us that, yes. I am of Asgard.” He gave her a deep nod in acknowledgement of her educated guess. Her very educated guess, as many Midgardians didn’t know about Asgard at all.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

304 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Ifen ya are in the mood for sweet why na try the pie with a bit of vanilla ice cream?” she offered, “Too many flavors might spoil your enjoyment.” she half warned, perfectly happy to deliver the requested strawberry, but giving her personal warning that it might be smarter to go slowly. “An’ maybe some hot caramel chocolate with the buns?”

‘Princess’? Belle’s happy smile softened, in his voice she heard his affection, and Belle responded to it, falling happily into older sister/matron mode; it hardly mattered to the red head that this man might be older than her, she was a woman and he was attempting to please the one he cared for. “A’course we can.” Belle winked conspiratorially. “Can ya tell me what she likes most? Savory? Sweet? Simple? Complex?” she settled the first plate of pie infront of him. “This a basket just because or ya done something ta be in the doghouse?” hopefully the idiom translated.

Asgard? Belle’s mental rolodex found the myths of her world and wondered just how close they ran to where he was from.

@eve
Marvel-MCU-616

17 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

Eat pie with the iced cream? That was novel. But then, so was the entire idea of iced cream for him. Too many flavors, hm? She might have a point; Sigyn was new to iced cream and eating it with meals (mostly he’d made meals out of a flavor, trying one entirely before he moved on to try the next..) and so it was possible that, combined with the other items he had ordered, vanilla might be a preferable flavor for the day. And that was fine, he liked vanilla. “Well, you are the expert here, so let’s try the vanilla. And the sauce on the buns, too.” He smiled up to Belle, content to follow her suggestions in order to better enjoy his meal.

It was possible that Belle might think that Sigyn used the term ‘princess’ as a form of affection for his lady love, but Sigyn, while affectionate and romantic to his core, used the term in its most practical meaning; the lady love of his for whom he was purchasing the basket was indeed an actual princess. The affection Belle heard in his voice was far from fabricated or forced, though. Sigyn loved Loki as the ocean loved the shore. Always reaching, yearning for her, but thus far he hadn’t seemed to quite reach her yet. The question caught him off guard, his head tipping to the side in thought as he tried to evaluate, “Nothing too sweet, but sweet enough. Savory if it’s full. Sometimes simple when she’s in a light hearted mood, which has been less lately, I think, and complex to pull her mind toward it.” In the doghouse? Sigyn frowned slightly, then offered another wide smile, “To see if I can make her smile today.”

The look on Belle’s face earned a further explanation. “Perhaps I am mistaken and you are not of Asgard. Many here seem to be, I apologize if I’m wrong. I am Sigyn,” he offered her his hand the way many on Midgard and those he had seen here as well do, to shake.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

304 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Her genial smile widened as he conceded to her ‘expertise’ an’ if there was one thing Belle was surely an expert on it was sweets!

‘To see if I can make her smile today.’

The pure yearning in his voice drew Belle’s tender heart, almost with out her intending it, Belle slid into the chair opposite his - “She na feelin’ so good?” somehow she suspected that it was a emotional or mental aliment than a physical one. “Tell ya what iffen ya give me a few hours ah can make ya something special ta bring home ta her-” she swiped through her menu to ‘custom items’ things that usually required a few days notice, only for the reason that making something as a one off was more time consuming. “Like this.” she pointed out the apple cinnamon rose bun. “Ah normally offer it as somethin’ sweet ta pick up afore she wakes up so when her eyes open the house already smells like heaven.”

“Belle Darlin’, an’ ah ain’t but if ah got my mtholgies right ah’d be from mah version of Midgard.”

She took his hand, giving it a quick squeeze with her smile. “An’ I could cater a picnic lunch? Take her out ta someplace nice and peaceful, with some tasty easy to eat treats.”

@eve
Marvel-MCU-616

17 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

She was definitely the expert here. Sigyn was still attempting to try all of the unique foods and sweets that were here and not in Asgard. Loki might feel that this place had nothing on Asgard, and Sigyn wouldn’t completely disagree with that point of view, but there were things from here that were both new and wonderful. There were also new things that Sigyn couldn’t help but to say were sort of terrible, too, but that was due to taste; someone else might think it was great.

His answer was entirely honest; one of the things he always strove for, every day, was to see Loki smile, and to be the cause of that smile. He didn’t always succeed, but he always tried. Of course, he wasn’t really certain that Loki even realized that that was what he was trying to do… But recognition wasn’t why he was doing it anyway, so it didn’t bother him. Instead, he continued to try, and he rejoiced when he succeeded. He grimaced slightly when Belle asked if Loki weren’t feeling well, “She needs more to smile about.”

A few hours, and Belle would make him something to bring back to Loki. He looked at the menu that she was showing him, and the picture she pointed to, the apple rose… It was perfect. His eyes went wide when he saw it, and he immediately looked up to Belle, nodding vigorously as he told her, “Yes, that. That is perfect. You only need to tell me when to return, and I will be here. Thank you.” Loki would like it, he knew it. He knew his princess, and she would approve of the apple rose. And smelling like heaven, that would only be a bonus.

Belle was a lovely, lovely woman, even if she wasn’t Loki. “Midgardians have been calling it earth, I believe? I don’t know, I’ve never really been, not yet, but my princess and my queen have, and they say they call it earth now.”

A picnic. Sigyn smiled widely, “I would have to ask her, but I think that is a splendid idea, Belle. I am very glad to have met you today.” She squeezed his hand, but before she let go, Sigyn gently brought hers to his lips, “Thank you greatly.”

@kel