Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: SpockMirror, Mirror... Mirror?
Star Trek-TOS

15 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

All Accounts Posts: 581
"Indeed, not," Spock began, falling into the familiar rhythm as McCoy had.

And then McCoy's hands went THROUGH him.

The psychic shock, all his barriers stripped away without warning, memories that weren't his, some not even McCoy's, surging though him with the force of a long range tractor beam. Visions of an Enterprise that looked nothing like his own, a young Kirk laughing, a face like his pale and stony in the background--Vulcan gone, GONE--he was wrinkled and weathered, outlasting everyone, Jim and all the rest little but pale memories of his youth--another surge--his own life playing over though his own McCoy's eyes for he'd died and returned--and this McCoy--leaving Georgia--Jim--another five year mission--a flight through a portal--his own face, again--merging--layers upon layers--

"Aarrghh!"

Spock dropped to his knees, his hands pressed to his temples, the deluge of memories only slowing he fell out of the shadow of McCoy's consciousness. He tipped forward, catching himself on his hands, breathing raggedly, memories still sparking at random across his mental eye.

He pulled himself together with an effort, ears still running, looking up to see what their encounter had done to McCoy.

@kel
Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Mostly Hetro
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,963
On his side of things..

Well McCoy found himself a bit lost, the feeling of not being in his body was depressingly familiar and now some new fresh hell layer had been added to it - ‘What in damnation…’ he groaned, or at least tried too, the words coming out in a familiar voice that wasn’t his own. Leo’s(?) head snapped up, catching his reflection in the pannel -

“Oh Hell no!” as a green blooded devil stared back at him with wide eyes.

@starkly
Star Trek-TOS

15 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

The doctor’s transparent form was gone, replaced by an avatar in Spock’s mind’s eye. The psychic imprint of a soul inhabiting a body in which it did not belong. His head was splitting, and it took him several seconds to understand was that what he had registered initially as pain was, in fact, the entirety of the alternate Doctor McCoy’s consciousness attempting to fill a space in which it did not belong, pushing into every corner of his mind. Every telepathic boundary he had curated so carefully over the years had flattened in an instant.

Then he was straightening, without intending to, and staring at a wild-eyed visage of himself in the mirror that opened his mouth and spoke.

It took another several seconds for Spock to compose himself, discover that he still had access to his own speech mechanisms, and say, “Doctor. I believe we have a problem.”

@kel
Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Kel

“No Shit Sherlock!” McCoy blinked mentally at the sound of Spocks voice filled with ire and irritation, the shock of it pulled him back, “Well damn.” he/they stated far more calmly, “Ah don’t suppose you gotta way out of this one? Because I sure as hell don’t.”

@starkly
Star Trek-TOS

15 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Spock disliked hearing the doctor’s drawl come from his own body. He was not disturbed, per se. That sort of emotional reaction was entirely inappropriate. He simply found it incongruous and...unsettling. Very unsettling.

“If by that you are asking whether I can return you to your former incorporeal form,” Spock said to his reflection, “the answer is no.”

Which left them both in what was surely an untenable situation. One that he had little patience for, knowing as he did that the captain and landing party were still in peril. Concern for Jim, and the others, welled up in him, and he forced it down as strongly as he could. The only thing that would make the current situation even less bearable would be for any version of Doctor McCoy to have unfettered access to his emotions, particularly where the captain was concerned.

@kel
Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Kel

“Right.” The same thought occurred to McCoy; this was a shit situation but Spock had a team in danger. And Leo wasn’t getting any deader.

“Let's go find your Captain.” the statement was followed by a wellspring of resilience - Leo might be only human but he was a stubborn cus, and that pulled him through these sort of moments. “Get the engines online, I think we can move her out to the portal to my dimension. Or we can try and jury rig somekinda thing to figure out where you are from, but that aint my speciality.”

@starkly
Star Trek-TOS

15 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Spock blinked at the ease with which Doctor McCoy had agreed to set aside their...circumstances...for the sake of Spock’s crew.

For the sake of fears and concerns he had not voiced.

“Doctor,” he said in a slightly strained voice. “We do agree that my crew’s needs—“ Jim’s needs “—are paramount. However I must request that you...” he took a breath, then reminded himself that he was a Vulcan and that both apprehension and shame were human emotions. “That you refrain from accessing my thoughts.”

@kel
Star Trek-AOS

64 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Kel

There was a very deep and profound mental sigh, Leo wasn’t exactly doing what Spock had accused him of, and the fact that he had said it -”I’m guessin’ yo ain’t been servin’ with your McCoy for long.” he postulated, some how resisting the urge to see if he willed it, if his/Spocks hands would move. “Cuz darlin’ hate to break it to ya, but-” oh look, that was uncanny, Leo happened to see their reflection in the pannel - “We are always gonna put Jimmy first. So chop chop. Ah got enough second hand bullshit in my head and messed with my head, that I can whistle the tune.”

@starkly
Star Trek-TOS

15 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

"I have been serving with Doctor McCoy for two-point-three-six of your..." Spock began, before the Doctor's rush of irritation indicated to him that perhaps he had not asked the question out of genuine curiosity.

"Of course, Doctor. And I am not your darling."

He could feel the Doctor's mind probing at his will, unconsciously perhaps, but it spurred him to twitch his own fingers to ensure that he had control of them. He did, of course. (Illogical.)

He focused on the ship's engines, losing himself in the problem until they whirred to life.

"I shall attempt to access the portal now," Spock said. "Brace yourself, Doctor."

@kel