DC-New 52

63 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

All Accounts Posts: 80
The portal allowed for a quick traverse across the hub. Bringing Sebastian away from the center of the chaos that had been happening, and take Belle out of the danger and into the safety of her own home. If it could even be considered safe. When he stepped through the portal on the other end with Belle in his arms, it was to appear in her bedroom once more. He half placed and half dropped her on the bed before he started toward her door. When he reached it he turned back toward her and started to head back to her side. Half way he stopped and turned to walk back toward her door and soon Sebastian found himself pacing between the two points as he allowed his frustration to quiet down.

At least, he thought it was quieting down until he opened his mouth. ”You are a foolish woman.” The tone was short and crisp. ”What were you even doing in that area? You were lucky you weren’t completely crushed to death to begin with. Lucky it wasn’t more than your arm. What would you be doing now if you didn’t have people who could help you grow that back? You couldn’t very well run this place without both hands.” He assumed she couldn’t. Not alone. She was running the entire dinner all on her own. It would be mighty hard to try and do the same thing without added help. Yes, he was helping her at the diner, sure. But that didn’t exactly mean he would always be around. If he left, then what? She’d have to simply hire someone who actually requires payment or she would have to close up shop if she didn’t have both hands.

”And that frustrating…irritating… thing in a man’s skin. How did you even find yourself tangled up with that monstrosity? You are far too trusting and far too compassionate toward strangers. I imagine that’s what got you tangled up with something like him.” As it stood, Sebastian seemed to have trailed away from talking to her and turned more into talking to himself on the matter as he vented his frustration. ”I cannot believe I simply froze up when I was challenged. That won’t do. Won’t do. Ugh, and those other people. Demanding I just simply hand you over. It was me who got you out from under there. I was there to help. That should have been clear. The fools. They have no idea who I am.”

They were lucky he was playing nice – that’s what they were. He turned back toward the redhead he had deposited onto the bed and his arms crossed over his chest as he glowered slightly. The whole experience was so frustrating. This was frustrating. She was frustrating and she wasn’t even doing anything. He should just leave her there. But then that idea also left her open for that vile man from earlier to possibly show up. He could appear and disappear at will – who’s to say he wouldn’t have just shown up there?

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

241 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,735
Belle hardly heard the dirtribe directed at her; all she could focus on past the shock of the last hour was one single fact: her greatest nightmare had returned. Martin was back.

Yes he had vanished, but Belle hardly believed he was done with his mischief- “We have to go back!” Struggling breathlessly back to her feet out of the nest her bed had become Belle found herself physically feeling damn near perfect- all the healing she’d been subjected to had removed even the lingering day to day discomforts and fatigue she struggled with as a matter of course. And soon enough even her itchy stub of an arm would regenerate.

‘I froze up-‘ Belle nodded swiftly, she wouldn’t, couldn’t force him to face the demon Martin- “I need to go back.” She corrected, there was no censure in her tone or mind, this was a fight he had no reason to get involved in, and if he feared Martin reasonably, or his power than Belle wouldn’t shame him into that battle.

She how ever couldn’t live with herself if she simply cowered ‘safe’ while he walked her home. And that assumed a hugly that this WAS safe, which she did not.

Belle had no idea what she could do to help, but what she did know was that she couldn’t simply wait for Martin to take her again, she’d rather face him head on than live in terror.

“They can be protective I’m sorry.” Came the rushed yet sincere apology even as she pulled a pair of jeans on under her day dress, shedding the garment one handed with only a slight blush; needs must do and she had no time for modesty.

The ring her Ghost gave her swung heavily between her breasts, glowing an unnoticed sullen light sucking ruby; pulling a t-shirt and her shoulder holster on was much much more complicated and she thanked the advanced construction that didn’t require her to buckle it on.

“I can’t risk him hurting them.” What she was planning was very unclear as she moved to brush past him, heart pounding in her throat as raw terror fought to keep her still. “Sebastian-“ she paused beside him glancing upwards- “thank you.” She murmured softly, staring deeply into his eyes. “Thank you for saving my life.” And here she went to go risk that gift. But what else could she do?

@gooser
DC-New 52

63 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

”We do not have to do anything.” Sebastian stated firmly. She was in no shape to be doing anything – much less go after a man that was clearly in a class of his own against everyone that was there. If their reactions were anything to go by, Sebastian could reckon they knew as well as anyone else there that they could not face the man in black. What was more irritating was how Belle, a woman of very little power, if any, was willing to go off and face a threat when Sebastian, a man of great power and immortality had simply stood there.

Even now as she struggled to get her pants on with one arm he simply watched her struggle. He didn’t lend a hand to redress her – to help her prepare for something she shouldn’t be getting herself involved in. Once her pants were on she had pulled her dress off, baring herself from the waist up to Sebastian. He simply gave her a steady stare before his gaze wandered to the necklace and the ring that was on her chest. The familiar magical feeling he had felt from her the first time he met – he felt it coming from the ring. Was that what had gotten his attention then? His gaze flicked back up to her blushing face as a t-shirt covered it back up.

She wanted to make sure the man wouldn’t hurt them and it seemed she was simply going to brush pass him and continue on. She paused for a moment at his side to give him gratitude. His hand reached out to grab the wrist of her good arm, ”You need to stay.” He said sternly. ”Stay and think. What will your presence account for in your state other than to endanger others trying to protect you again? From where I stood, there were many who spent a great deal of energy to heal your injury. Returning now in this condition would only serve to give them more to worry about.” He leaned forward, bringing his face closer to her own, ”Give me more to worry about. I could not cause something why he had you frozen there. Either my powers would have harmed you more or his would have.” That was the undeniable truth. The Power of the Red was a powerful tool to use; however, its destructive nature was no bias. Everything around him would be at the mercy if he called forth the powers of the Red Kingdom. His gifts prior to becoming the Avatar of the Red were powerful as well; however, Sebastian knew that they weren’t enough.

”Stay. Rest. Recover. Plan. He is no longer there.”

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

241 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

There was a strength in being so pitifully mortal; Belle had never known what it was like to be strong, invincible. For her it was just as dangerous to walk the Gotham streets alone after dark as it was to charge headfirst back into the rubble. There was no gradient of risk, it was all life or death stakes, and she was rightly terrified...but she’d pushed past terror every night to live the life she wanted, and refused to let herself huddle in fear than or now.

Sebastians words halted Belle in her tracks, stormy blue widened at the brutal synopsis of how she would only be a distraction to people that could actually cast or fight or had skills that could actually be of use; self doubt creeped past the barricades she’d resoluted set up- he wasn’t wrong, how many times had she simply stood aside helpless as others fought? Wasn't that why she’d started trying to learn how to use the shield?

Yeah, exactly how are you going to be helpful and not just get in their way?

Belle had no defense against the accusations of her own mind that echoed Sebastian’s words; but that didn’t stop the fear, fear that now had no focus, no way of putting her mind to rest…

“He’s out there.” she tried to explain, pulse hammering visibly, violently thudding at her neck, echoing the frantic state of her thoughts bouncing, pingponging-

“I can’t just wait!”

@gooser
DC-New 52

63 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

It was perhaps cruel to be so frank with her – to dash her hopes at being useful in any way. Sebastian was never a person who had been in a position to pull punches. He had always been cruel, twisted, and took pleasure in crushing hopes. To be completely honest with her usefulness came with ease. Belle had looked like he had punched her when he shoved her insecurities in her face to remind her what her place was in the grand scheme of things. She would be a hindrance toward those who had the power to do something. Would only cause those to be distracted with trying to keep her safe.

She was fearful at the man’s appearance and afraid that he was out there. ”His appearance has proven he’s always been out there.” He maintained his hold on her wrist – not allowing her to have the ability to run off like some fool to hunt down something that would only come after her. ”Rushing off while you aren’t at your fullest is a fool’s errand. Recovering and planning out what you need to do rather than allowing your emotions dictate your thoughts and actions would lead you nowhere but failure. Trust me, Belle. I know better than anyone.” He had failed against the Titans because he had allowed his own ego to get in the way and blind him from seeing the dangers and threats. He had been a fool then.

He stepped toward her bed, pulled her arm to force her toward it as well, ”I will remain here to insure you are protected. Focus on recovering and what needs to happen.” He laid his hand on her shoulder and pressed her down to take a seat at the edge of the bed. ”Either way, I will not allow you to rush off into this. Accept that or throw me out.” Maybe he was a fool now too.

@Kel
DC- DC-TV-1

241 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Even with her blood hammering at her neck; Belle was aware that in the grand scheme of things she was likely less than nothing to something like Martin. And that was perfectly fine with her; what she was afraid of was that having been reminded of her he would take the Opportunity to casually destroy her sanity.

Belle found herself being pushed back towards the bed, Sebastians fingers gripping her wrist tightly, yet even as her hindbrain wanted to panic the fact that he wasn’t hurting her, and the pressure while strong seemed have an off gentleness that told her if she pulled away he’d let go.

‘Or throw me out’

Even his words held the right note of forceful yet respectful of her autonomy; he made his desire clear, but if she told him to leave he would. How many men would do that? In all honestly Belle wasn’t sure he Gentleman Ghost wouldn’t have attempted to sneaky his way around any limits she set ‘for her own good’.

Swallowing thickly Belle nodded once; a grudging if for the moment sincere agreement- “If ya can-“ Belle Hated to ask but- “can ya protect mah friends? Help them? Ah’ll stay here ah promise so you don’t have to worry about my foolish hide.”

@gooser
DC-New 52

63 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

He wasn’t sure if he would leave the place if she told him to leave the place. He might have left but he might have just insisted he stayed there. Either way, he felt he was making his point and his desires clear. When he had her seated on the bed he released his hold on her arm as she was seated on the edge of the bed. He wanted her to stay and rest.

She didn’t immediately tell him to leave nor did she try to get off the bed in that moment either. He waited for her response – assumed she was taking the time to calm down and think things through clearly. When she did finally speak, it was to ask him to protect her friends and she’d stay there. He didn’t respond. Not immediately. He simply stared at her as thought he considered her request very carefully.

”Given their own distrust toward me, I won’t be able to be upfront about it. As it stands, I assume they are likely upset I took you away from them.” He already had an idea on how they would handle having him standing there among them to make sure they were safe and protected. ”But I can watch them from a distance and step in if the need arrives.” Watching them would be far easier and less terrible than if he actually tried to work with them side by side.

He reached down and grabbed her injured arm and he stroked his thumb across her skin. ”I am connected to the one I feed on. I can track them.” He explained as he dropped her arm, ”If you aren’t here when I return, I’ll find you.” The statement could be interpreted as a bit possessive and creepy but it was something said to reassure her if she were kidnapped and taken away that he would be able to find her again. Granted, he was assuming that the man in black, if he kidnapped her, that his power would still work.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

241 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle stared at her stub cupped in her palm, rubbing her thumb morosy over the sensitive flesh- “Please.” she whispered feeling tears threaten to spill. He was right, she was worse than useless, she was a distraction to the people she cared about. If she went back she’d only cause them harm.

“The love me.” Belle had no hesitation claiming that title of beloved friend, Arjay, Dean, they were closer than any she’d had back in Gotham. “If you explain you took me home..i think they would thank you.”

Startled eyes met his as their fingers touched, both slipping over the skin above her missing arm- “Thank you.” her whisper was heartfelt, she understood his promise, that if Martin came, if she was taken again, Sebastian would come for her, could always find her because of the blood she’d willingly shared with him.

Her mind though was filled with worry about her friends left behind, it ate at her that she couldn’t even share that peril with out becoming a burden.

@gooser
DC-New 52

63 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

There certainly was little doubt that her friends loved her. He had been at the end of threatening words and looks enough in his lifetime from friends of his victims to recognize them when they were directed him. Belle’s friends loved her alright. Sebastian knew how much that could both hurt and focus an individual. She felt that they would understand if he told them that he had brought her home to safety – he wasn’t about to take that chance. He could just as easily watch from a distance as he could from close up.

He did try to assure her that he would be able to keep track of her while he was away – would be able to find her if Martin ever came to take her away. The connection they shared because she offered blood to him. There was more things the blood did – but some of it would require her to drink his blood as well to form a solid connection.

Nodded at her gratitude before he laid his hand on her shoulder and applied pressure to ease her down, ”In the meantime, you rest. I assume the diner will be quite busy the next few days with those displaced from the events that occurred. And I know you will be too stubborn not keep it closed for now.” And he was well aware that Belle was the type of woman who would do everything in her power to help them. After all, she took in a complete stranger without knowing much of anything about them.

He brushed a hand over her head, pushing hair out of the way before he leaned down and pressed his lips against her forehead lightly, ”Heal up. I’ll see to things in the meantime.” He remained hovered over her as he spoke softly – his gaze drifting away from her eyes and down to her lips, neck, chest, then back up to her gaze again. She had been pulled out of rubble, the dirt across her skin a testament of what she had been through. She was weakened. A man as twisted as Sebastian could have easily fed from her… or taken her right there. In the back of his mind he held that dark desire to simply claim her while she was vulnerable. Something spurred him to push away sch an idea however. Perhaps the combined force of her friends coming to claim his head if he did so was enough to make him think otherwise.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

241 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Even as he pressured her down, Belle surged back up; “Ah need ta get clean.” he was right sooner rather than later there would be people needing help, survivors, folk looking for friends-

With that simple admonishment to rest Sebastian had given her something she could DO, something that she was good at, something that she was skilled in. and maybe it was chicken scratch next to what her friends were doing, but it was what SHE could do.

If she noticed the moment of dark potential, Belle was too distracted by her new focus to really appreciate the danger...and his choice not to walk that path.

“Ah’m gonnna shower.” Belle glanced down at her good arm, the bullet scar over her elbow was hidden by her flanel, the thought that now both her arms were going to be scared, aching...Belle sighed, it was what it was.

@gooser
DC-New 52

63 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

It would seem he had ignited a different fire in Belle when she realized that she was able to do something that was useful. Sebastian sighed as she was spurred back up from the bed when she seemed to be revitalized with newfound desire and energy.

This woman just simply couldn’t relax – ever.

”You need to rest.” He stated then paused. He supposed a shower would do her good. Might allow her to relax. Maybe it would do her some good. Or maybe he just wasn’t willing to put up the argument anymore. His eyes narrowed slightly in silent aggravation before he finally felt his lips twitch up into a grin.

”But I suppose a shower may help regardless.”

Those same eyes remained narrowed but there was a far more…mischievous look about them. ”Although. I could lend a hand to help scrub your back, Belle. After all, you’re hurt. Wouldn’t want you to slip and injure yourself further in the shower.” He was well aware that the offer would swiftly be denied but he couldn’t help but offer. She had just stripped down in front of him several minutes ago to get changed. He had to admit, there were plenty of other places he wouldn’t mind biting.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

241 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

His offer got the first glimmer of normality from her, a sharp put down look that was all no nonsense. Maybe she was vulnerable, maybe the last time she’d been so badly injured was when she and James had first slept together, before he was even able to touch her; using the sheet of her bed to give his body over hers form and substance to hold her as she shook with exhausted trauma.

Today however her body was vibrating with heath and energy, the potions, spells, grace poured into her was quite truthfully overkill and the more generalized spells where attacking all the other little hurts she’d been unaware of, both acquired during the fall and those she simply lived with on a day to day basis.

“I don’t wanna ask you to do anything that might distract from looking over my friends.” She retored with a hint of tartness.

@gooser
DC-New 52

63 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

Her response, amusingly enough, had earned a laugh from Sebastian. It was a light one - not a full bellied laugh that shook the room. But one that was a clear indication that he had found her response in good humor, which, he oddly did. "Come now, you can't possibly be telling me that's the real reason." He was fairly certain that she was simply trying to be polite. The woman always seemed to be polite. "Because if it is, I would have to believe you're possibly interested in it, and as such, might provoke me enough courage to give the offer again in the very near future."

Of course, any indication that she was put off by the offer just because it might be ill-mannered in her 'Book of Proper Conduct' was completely disregarded. He felt like he had lived with her long enough to be able to tease the woman now. Or at the very least, just make light of a situation. He wasn't about to pick her up and carry her to the shower like he had tried to carry her to her bedroom all that time ago.

He just might as well make it plain for her to be aware that he wouldn't mind doing so. After all, he had spent a great deal of time teasing her dreams when he could. While it had been a sick sense of amusement to watch her squirm. He had not gone without his own suffering because he had found himself curious and frustrated as well. It had been quite an interesting time. He never felt frustration in that regard before. Not really. He tended to just take without mercy when he felt something.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

241 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Now if her cheeks pinked at his brazen offer Belle wouldn’t admit it, there were things that a proper girl was meant to pretend not to understand.

“Iffen you have so much bandwidth, perhaps ah could trouble you for a cup of tea an’ some of this morning's turnovers.” Belle left him at that, beating her timely retreat to her private bathroom for her long due shower.

Stripped, head bowed under the spray Belle let her self scream, voice hopefully muffled enough by the spray and her good wrist shoved between her lips.

Martin. Martin

The name was a mantra pounding with the beat of her speeding heart, the same fenetic pulse the ring swinging between her breasts throbbed with unnoticed by the distraught red head.

Sebastian’s brutal logic might be correct, but her mind told her she was failing her friends, that she was a coward, letting her terror take the excuse given.

Slowly so so slowly she put something like her shell of normality back into place, shampooing out her thick hair one handed, only reaching with nothing every other mintue.

Belle emerged wrapped in a enveloping robe, not honestly expecting Sebastian to be there.

@gooser
DC-New 52

63 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

It would seem that he may have gotten her quite embarrassed and he watched, somewhat satisfied with himself as she moved to escape to the bathroom where she could take a shower. He moved his attentions to the kitchen where he could retrieve the cup of tea and the requested turnovers. While he had waited for the tea to seep, he focused his attention out in the surrounding area. Seeking out the feeling of powerful magic. Having a keen sense of it he imagined if there was an attack going on by the Man in Black on her friends he would be able to sense the power.

At least he was certain he could but the man in black wasn't from his universe. That being said, what might be a disadvantage against such a being could also be true toward Sebastian to the Man in Black. Sebastian was clearly not from his universe either.

He pulled his thoughts away. When his tea was finished, he returned back to her room with the tea and the turnovers. While it was possible that her request had been nothing more than a sarcastic joke, the immortal had believed it to be a true request.

He set one of the turnovers and the cup of tea on the nightstand beside her bed before he moved in the direction of the bathroom. He had every intention of simply knocking on the door to let her know her request was upon the nightstand. When he reached the door he was caught by surprise when the door opened and the woman he was looking for was right on the other side of it. Both hands had reached out quickly to grab her waist and stop her from moving forward on instinct. He stared at her face for a moment before his gaze drifted down from her face and down the length of her form then back up it once more. He couldn't help remember one of various dreams he manipulated that closely resembled the scenario as it was now. A silk robe was replaced by a bathrobe and his hands weren't slipping through the slit of the robe to caress her skin...at the moment.

"Hmm... how do you feel?" His hands remained on her, waiting for her to pull away or tell him to remove them - if neither occurred he'd keep them on her, maybe squeeze her lightly as a subtle test on those boundaries of her's. Maybe he could lure her into - "You certainly appear like your...lovely self once more." His voice lowered an octave or two as he spoke, his gaze remaining settled upon her own.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

241 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

If she looked in the mirror, Belle would see her naturally fair complexion had taken on a nearly translucent shade, huge sea blue eyes stared up at Sebastian; if there was a glimmer of recognition of how similar this moment was to one of her more intoxicating dreams it was buried under the simmering panic that wouldn’t, couldn’t fade till she knew her loved ones were safe-

“Chris!” the name burst forth, how could she have forgotten the whole reason she’d been out in that side of the bazaar? “I have to find him!” Sebasitans hold on her waist was pushed past, she strode quickly back to her closet, pulling out nearly the same outfit as before, jeans, shirt. The only differance was this time she closed the door on him to change, after all now she was naked beneath her robe.

“Can you help me?” Belle begged from behind the closed door, “We aren’t blood-” she wasn’t sure if he’d picked that up from her chatter about her brother, and she was starting to understand he had some power over blood, and telling him that it wouldn’t work for this seemed logical. “Ah need to get to his work shop.”

@gooser
DC-New 52

63 Posts
5 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

Chris? It took Sebastian a moment or two to realize what she was talking about. While she had spoken about her 'brother', he never took it as great significance. Of course, she had not idea that Sebastian had already met her brother once before. That had been prior to meeting Belle in fact. Her brother had some sort of abilities and little machines that roamed around the city to protect people.

In the grand scheme of things he supposed Chris's little helpers weren't much help what had happened.

Belle was in full swing panic once more as she requested Sebastian to help her. Did she think he would be able to track Chris because he could track her if she were lost? It didn't quite work like that. Even if they were blood related. If he had fed from her brother recently or had him under his complete control he would be able to simply summon him.

"Can you not simply try calling him first?" Of course Sebastian was talking at a door. Logic dictated that the first thing she should attempt would to go about making a phone call and seeing if Chris would just as easily pick up the other end. At the same time... he had already helped Chris when he was under attack by strange creatures once before. If there was someone connected to Belle that might view him favorably it would be her brother - especially if he were to learn that he had aided Belle when she needed it. Perhaps a visit to the workshop wouldn't harm. Sebastian could just as easily teleport her back the diner if something happened.

Given that he's fed on her, he was aware of the workshop's location so he could also create a portal that could bring her to the workshop as well; provided it was actually there and not crushed under something. It might also calm the woman down to actually do something.

"Alternatively, I might be able to get you there in the same manner I got you here." He proposed. When her excitement and adrenaline was over, he would just simply claim he needed more blood to recover the lost energy. With her fear regarding the man in black being about in full swing, he'd just claim he should be at full strength just in case he shows up. Biting her at the end of the day was going to ease some of his frustration... maybe.

@kel