Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: 616 Tony StarkDoomed
Marvel-616

361 Posts
15 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

All Accounts Posts: 533
Tony stared at the code on the holoscreen, his vision swimming. He'd been in the lab a few hours, since...he thought back, frowning. Well, he'd got back from Chris's world, and there had been a day or two after that, and then-- okay, so, it had been more than a few hours. Assuming it was really Thursday like the console said it was.

He'd never lost a day when Extremis had been functional. But then, that was the problem.

The problem that fout near-straight days of labwork had failed to solve. Tony pinched the bridge of his nose, willing the last cup of coffee he'd downed (and God knew he wasn't counting those anymore) to work.

He was a genius, but he also knew the limits of his ability and when to ask for help. The issue was that the only expert in this particular area was Maya Hansen and Maya was dead.

Then he sat up in his chair.

Damn it.

Maya wasn't the only one.

Talk about a last resort, though. Doom's niece. Or fake niece. Or something. Assuming he came out of it alive, he'd never live it down. Still. He wasn't getting any closer to a solution, and staring at the code for another week wasn't going to get him anywhere. So he sighed, typed out a message and set it to find her. He knew it would.

Need advice on biolinked software. Willing to negotiate. Try not to kill me. --TS

@mike
Marvel Comics-Marvel 616-Adjacent

12 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Sorceress/Scientist/Dictator-to-be
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bixexual
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 881
It was not Latveria, but Victoria had decided that yes, this place would do. Her uncle might have banished her from their nation, he might have banished her from their planet, from their very reality, but this place he had trapped her in was nothing short of a wonder. In the short months since she’d arrived, she had come across magics that she’d never suspected before, technology that might not have even been possible on her world. This crystal orbs in this bangle she’d just bought from the overly pretentious wizard who bought and sold things, for example? They were much more than he suspected. She could feel the information stored in it, shifting around, organizing with her thoughts, arcane software in a crystalline computer, powered by etheric energy and housed in a metallic element that didn’t even exist on her native periodic table.

The White Witch had grown since she’d been stuck in the Hub. She lived in a small ice castle she’d created over the ruin of… whatever she’d had to depose from this little corner the Hub. The newly constructed Doombots saw to the housework, the laboratory was slowly growing, and Victoria was doing her level best to learn more each day. At the present, that meant sitting in the middle of a summoning circle while divination spells and digital imps tried to pry the secrets from a wand from some wench that had been being confused with her on a regular basis. Well… perhaps ‘confused with’ was the wrong phrase. ‘Coming to people’s minds first’ was more accurate, but it was close enough for the dictator’s neice.

As she was realizing just what a disappointment this piece was, something else came to her attention, a sort of prickling sensation that drew her attention to an approaching doombot. It drew up to her and bowed respectfully before presenting her with a small cell phone on a silver tray, which she took and scrolled through, smiling when she read over the last message.

“Well now,” she mused. “It would appear that if one Tony Stark cannot remember his manners, another might be much more amenable.” She didn’t wait for a response from the Doombot, merely waved a hand as she stood, the circle vanishing, and other robots moving in to clear away her work. “Units one through eight, pack up the castle,” she ordered brusquely. “Store everything in its appointed place for my later retrieval, then disperse and avoid sight. Report to me anything that falls within the normal parameters. Units nine and ten, you are now the designated royal honor guard. Initiate appropriate programs.” She could feel the last two Doombots running through their weapons diagnostics as they followed her from the lab. She swept up the long, flowing hooded green cloak with her gauntleted hand as she approached the door to the castle, swinging it over her shoulders as she drew in the magic that had been keeping her months-long dwelling from melting. “This palace was beginning to feel cramped,” she reflected.

She twisted her hands in a practiced, complicated gesture, thrusting magic through the in an invigorating surge, the fabric of space warping with a whooshing sound as she was thrust forward into nothingness, her attendants along with her, only to appear from thin air with a crack of displaced air in front of the man who had seen fit to beseech her aid, hair and cape blowing in the gust of wind caused by her appearance, eyes glowing with residual magic as she looked down upon this person who at least approached her uncle’s vast intellect.

“Interesting,” she mused. “Your message intrigued me, I will admit. The reasons for your asking intrigue me even more so.” Her interactions with Avengers had been… limited, of course, but this man was most certainly not at the peak she might have hoped. She may be mistaken, of course (probably not, but maybe), but she strongly suspected what sort of assistance he needed.

Never turn away from a negotiation in which you hold the advantage of leverage. Her uncle had taught her that lesson time and again.

“Greetings, Anthony Stark,” she said, stepping forward, lowering her hood and waving the Doombots back away from the situation. It wasn’t like she was likely to need them to protect her in the near future, after all. “My uncle has told me much of your accomplishments. Your technology has always been quite interesting to study. I found the design of your time dilation accelerator to be particularly inspired. I prefer sorcery for such uses, of course, but the technological approach was very… elegant.” It never hurt to show respect where it was deserved, and in this case it was reasonably fitting.
@starkly
Marvel-616

361 Posts
15 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

All Accounts Posts: 533
Jesus. Tony jumped at the sudden appearance of Victoria von Doom and half a dozen doombots. In his lab. Without warning. He'd expected a response, but not one this quick or...personal. For about half a second he wondered if the sleep deprivation was getting to him, but, no it was really happening.

He salvaged his composure--he was practiced at that, at least--and folded his arms. "The reasons for my asking are that I need help from a dead woman, and you're the next best thing," he said. The last thing he needed was for her to get any ideas. The Dooms were notorious for their overblown senses of self-importance.

His frown deepened as she spoke of his work on the time dilation accelerator. It HAD been innovative and had probably changed the field of time dilation technology forever, but the fact that Doom was trying to butter him up over it made his distrust surge. Calling her in had been a bad idea. He was half-tempted to send her away again, but that would leave him in exactly the same place he'd been before.

He sighed. "Doom. What do you know about Extremis?"

@mike
Marvel Comics-Marvel 616-Adjacent

12 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Sorceress/Scientist/Dictator-to-be
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bixexual
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 881
Victoria didn’t like this man’s tone. She was beginning to see now why Uncle Victor always made a point to punish these people, they had no sense of propriety. Nevertheless, he was (irritatingly) someone whom she could benefit from an association with, and therefore she would need to put on her big girl pants and not react to the barbs prodded at her by the broken man. “A dead woman?” she asked dryly. “Perhaps you would like me to summon her spirit to you so that you might reminisce over old times?” Her expression made her disdain for this course of action fairly clear. He might read it as a dislike of necromancy, particularly for frivolous purposes. Really, it was just that she was much more than a glorified telephone.

The question he asked caused her to raise one pale eyebrow at him. She sat down on a chair that coalesced beneath her midway, crossing her legs primly and folding her hands (gauntlet and all) on her knee. “Please, darling, if we are going to be working together, my name is Victoria. Extremis…” Well, now, was this a time to play coy, or was it a time to be honest? After a brief internal debate (verging on an argument), she gave him an answer. “Biology-altering nanotechnology. Technological eugenics in a sense, rewriting a body’s baseline into whatever you wish it to be. The sample that we studied was of… limited scope, but it told us enough. Our studies showed that at its greatest potential the results upon the psyche were too extreme to allow its use in anything but an expendable soldier, even if it were not limited by the genetic sequence it requires to take hold. I assume that this is the biological technology you require assistance with?”
@starkly