DC- DC-TV-1

400 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,963
Belle was an optimist, but she was also thought herself a realist; she knew the despair of grinding poverty, the helplessness of being a victim, the terror of hopelessness. She counted herself lucky, and no lasting damage to her mind or mind lingered to dim her cheerful spirit.
Belle knew dang well that not everyone met the test of life or even tried some times. But she honestly and firmly believed no soul was irredeemable, not if they could truly see the love and warmth from just one person, sometimes...sometimes that was all it took.

And even if she didn’t have the right words, or if SHE wasn’t the right vessel that didn’t mean one did not exist for yes even Martin’s salvation.

Belle’s convictions might waver, attacked and worn down by the horrible things she witnessed, but if she gave up hope…that would be a larger betrayal of herself, it might take some time but Belle had so far always found her center.

Her duty to herself and humanity was to believe, even when noone else did, to give every chance at redemption, every opportunity to let compassion, empathy, and that gentle sense of warmth and homecoming to every soul that came into contact with her.

As to having the means to afford help...well truth was that she’d hardly dented her windfall of treasure, she was frugal by nature and a wicked haggler, so setting up her cafe and purchasing all the little comforts and technological and magical wonders that made her job in the kitchen and her life easier still left her with a tidy sum even after sending enough home to that her mama no longer had to exist in the shabby genteel existence she’d been reduced to.

Turning the cards might have led her to being kidnapped by Martin, watching a world die...but it had also given her the precious self convidance to beleive in herself even when confronted by the most unrepentatly evil creature she’d ever seen.

“Leave her alone.” Blue eyes flashed terrified fire as Belle stood as best she was able on knocking knees. “Ya got us here as bait. Watch the world burn? Why do ah think ya don’t have the guts ya burn with it!” Her heart pounded like a jack rabbit, brave foolish words spilling out of her to distract him from the other women in the room, she was the most useless one there but maybe she could do this.

Belle might not understand everything that was happening but she knew enough to be terrified beyond anything she’d seen during the weeks on the quest Belle had never felt this helpless.

Belle swallowed thickly, half a dumb ass not even half a plan springing to mind- “yeah it would.” Terror turned her blood cold, She she still managed to stand straight, locking her knees, shaking her head till her hair somewhat covered her.

“Maybe ya don’t know everyt’ing ya think ya do.” Belles voice was soft, enticing, as though the touch of his skin on her cheek hadn’t sent her hind brain skittering in flight instincts.

“Would ya show me? Take me t’that field, lay down beside me an’ watch the world end?” She had no idea if this was even possible to trick him like this. If he could die the end of the world had to do it right? And the other two women were so clearly skilled and resourceful that if she managed to get this horrible man way….they could escape.

Belle bit her lip as the poor bleeding girl tried to play the same attention grabbing ping pong. Bless her, all of them tried to help each other and Belle was grateful.

“Would you show me? Just me?” Her soft entreatment hopes to pull his attention back to her if it had wandered.
“You ain’t the Devil.” She corrected him, tone ringing with the conviction of the truly faithful never raising her voice from the soft almost delicate whisper that forced him to lean closer to hear her.

“I’d said I’d lay with ya, not sleep with you.” Belle watched him through her lashes, “no one should die alone. I’d hold any soul when they go t’the end.” Belle raised her gaze to him as he tormented the bleeding girl.

“Has anyone shown ya comfort? Or just cold passion? Have you ever had someone hug you just because you needed it, and they loved you?”

Belle honestly believed that everyone no matter their crimes deserved a moment of peace before their judgement. Maybe if they had been able to find someone to love them they would never have fallen.

“Even Lucifer was an Angel, and God loves him still.” Did she believe that everyone could be rehabilitated? No. But she believed in final redemption.

Belle wished she was smarter, more skilled, had anything than other than words to help the other woman he was tormenting.

“Have you ever felt love Martin?”

Belle blinked back the memory, wondering why she’d had that thought right now.

“2 an’ half hours.” she groaned with a half smile, “Just enough time ta read a little bit and than do prep.” her half grin turned into a real greatful smile. “Thanks you your help.” Belle blew out a breath raising to her feet. “Come on. I promised ya a place to rest.” taking the mug with her habitually Belle lead him up the spiral stairs behind the kitchen into the upper floors living area; it was neatly furinished, cozy more than chic, the moment she stepped into the main room, a gentle violin played from everywhere. “Ah sorry. Hope you dont mind-” she blushed. It was one of the last holdouts to her love of James, he had always played for her when she came home and on wakening, the technology to manage that was a tiny indulgence.

[url]http://thewilddetectives.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Cover-1024x576.jpg[/url]

@gooser

Messages In This Thread
Stranger Danger!!! D: - by Sebastian Blood - 09-15-2018, 07:18 PM
RE: Stranger Danger!!! D: - by Sebastian Blood - 09-16-2018, 07:38 PM
RE: Stranger Danger!!! D: - by Sebastian Blood - 09-16-2018, 08:12 PM
RE: Stranger Danger!!! D: - by Sebastian Blood - 09-16-2018, 08:40 PM
RE: Stranger Danger!!! D: - by Sebastian Blood - 09-16-2018, 09:23 PM
RE: Stranger Danger!!! D: - by Sebastian Blood - 09-17-2018, 11:16 AM
RE: Stranger Danger!!! D: - by Sebastian Blood - 09-17-2018, 05:50 PM
RE: Stranger Danger!!! D: - by Sebastian Blood - 09-18-2018, 11:16 AM
RE: Stranger Danger!!! D: - by Sebastian Blood - 09-22-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: Stranger Danger!!! D: - by Sebastian Blood - 09-23-2018, 03:03 AM