Thread Contributor: Sebastian BloodStranger Danger!!! D:
DC-New 52

52 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

It was funny that this woman actually kept up with the diner and typically kept up with the dishes as well. He had got to watch her put on a brave face as she was worked to the bone, taking orders, laying on the charm, and essentially ignoring the fatigue as it slowly wore at her. And it was only the morning Rush. She closed to set up lunch but bye the type she calling him out to help her wipe down the tops she looked frazzled.

So much in fact that she ended up just laying down into a booth as falling silent and still as he finished up.humans were rather easily exhausted. He did his part in wiping up the counter before pouring a cup of coffee and bringing it over to the booth she had died to die in. He slid on the opposing side as he placed the coffee in front of her for when she eventually would sit up.

"Quite the rush you get in here " he commented and the next moment he was leaning to the side enough to peek at her from under the table. "Do you always look as though you need a hot bath and a day at the spa at the end of the first shift of the day?" It was a light tease, "Perhaps you should reevaluate the need for a permanent extra hand" He straightened up in his seat. For his part, other than damp sleeves, Sebastian was still quite put together. His hair didnt break away from it's well kept nature.

"Shall I carry you so you may keep off your feet?" That would be quite the sight to see, he's certain. As if provoked by the comment alone, Sebastian used the connection he obtained through her blood to make the image (as though brought on by her own thoughts) of carrying Belle in his arms across the Hub as people would turn to watch the two. Sebastian was still wearing the apron in the small imagr, just to add some charmed humor to the thought.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

208 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,678
Belle rallied at his voice sitting up, taking a sip of the coffee he offered, her warm smile genuine even if a bit worn down with fatigue; “Well the regulars know ah’m only open for a tiny bit for lunch so most folk come in ta preorder-” she smiled fondly, “An’ ah’m thankful they do makes things a bit less mad in the rush.” which wasn’t entirely truthful but she prefered to see the glass as half full and put the best shade on people's actions.

At this point in the day Belle had been awake for 15 hours and on her feet for nearly that entire time; in her old life in Gotham though she’d worked two jobs during the weekdays in a bookstore and nights at the Gotham museum restoring papers, and on the weekend she had been a bartender. So for her this was just a continuation of that hectic pace.

“Oh that does sound lovely…” Belle sighed just taking her traditional long moment of doing nothing, giving her poor feet a rest and not even letting her mind run off as it was wont to do over all the details that needed doing to prep for lunch and dinner service.

“Ah-” Belle’s cheeks heated, “ah’m stubborn, in mah nature to go as far as ah can before brinin’ in help.” it was self awareness that colored her skin, “Foolish ah know, but at least ah know it.” she chuckled at herself.

Belle always had quite the imagination, and her mind now freed from the needs of others took his words and crafted a humors mental picture, Belle could only sip her coffee, eyes sparkling with suppressed humor at what her mind had produced. “Ah now wouldn’t that be a sight? Maybe ah should hire some handsome men ta carry me around in a sedan chair like a roman lady.” Belle giggled at the ridiculousness of the picture. Really her? Such foolishness!

@gooser
DC-New 52

52 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

She was one of those eternal optimistic types it seemed. Sebastian never understood how everyone could look around at the world around them – all the stuff that happens: the death, betrayal, murder, rape, heartbreak and still manage to carry such optimism. It also seemed that the little things were enough to please this woman. A simply cup of coffee offered to her after a long morning was enough to brighten up at the small gesture. Sebastian would keep that in mind for future reference.

She was interested in the hot shower and spa day that he had teased her about. But she was the type that wouldn’t step away from the busy work in order to take the time for herself and able to rest. If she actually brought in help to run the little operation she had going she might be able to actually take the time off. That, of course, meant she had to also be the type to trust someone else to run the day to day operations to another individual while she was away and Sebastian had a feeling she would stress and worry about it if she wasn’t around.

“Oh yes, I’ve gotten that impression from you in just this morning alone.” Sebastian stated with an easy smile and his eyes alight with amusement. Stubborn as a mule she was – insistent on helping others even if it put her body through the meatgrinder in the process. She was fatigued, worn out, and her day wasn’t even over. She still had a lunch hour to run for the people but she suggested that it wasn’t quite as busy as the morning. “As they say: ‘Knowing is half the battle’” She did know how stubborn she was. Sebastian’s arms folded neatly upon the surface of the table, “But learning to fight against the stubbornness is the truly difficult half of the battle.” She could continue to know how stubborn she was but that meant nothing so long as she did nothing with that knowledge.

An amused sound left Sebastian’s lips. More than a hum but just shy of a chuckle at her response to the suggestion of hiring some men to carry her around like a roman lady. “I’m quite certain there are those who frequent your diner that would happily oblige to such requests.” Of course for Sebastian, he wouldn’t need the help in carrying her. He was quite capable of carrying her and the chair himself. “But if you had the means to do that, I would think you’d hire help and take a spa day that sounded so lovely moments ago.” He pointed out before he flicked his gaze away from Belle and looked around the small diner. It was cleaned up and the dishes were all cleaned save for the mug Belle currently drank from.

“How much time is there before the establishment opens once more for the lunch crowd?”

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

208 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle was an optimist, but she was also thought herself a realist; she knew the despair of grinding poverty, the helplessness of being a victim, the terror of hopelessness. She counted herself lucky, and no lasting damage to her mind or mind lingered to dim her cheerful spirit.
Belle knew dang well that not everyone met the test of life or even tried some times. But she honestly and firmly believed no soul was irredeemable, not if they could truly see the love and warmth from just one person, sometimes...sometimes that was all it took.

And even if she didn’t have the right words, or if SHE wasn’t the right vessel that didn’t mean one did not exist for yes even Martin’s salvation.

Belle’s convictions might waver, attacked and worn down by the horrible things she witnessed, but if she gave up hope…that would be a larger betrayal of herself, it might take some time but Belle had so far always found her center.

Her duty to herself and humanity was to believe, even when noone else did, to give every chance at redemption, every opportunity to let compassion, empathy, and that gentle sense of warmth and homecoming to every soul that came into contact with her.

As to having the means to afford help...well truth was that she’d hardly dented her windfall of treasure, she was frugal by nature and a wicked haggler, so setting up her cafe and purchasing all the little comforts and technological and magical wonders that made her job in the kitchen and her life easier still left her with a tidy sum even after sending enough home to that her mama no longer had to exist in the shabby genteel existence she’d been reduced to.

Turning the cards might have led her to being kidnapped by Martin, watching a world die...but it had also given her the precious self convidance to beleive in herself even when confronted by the most unrepentatly evil creature she’d ever seen.

“Leave her alone.” Blue eyes flashed terrified fire as Belle stood as best she was able on knocking knees. “Ya got us here as bait. Watch the world burn? Why do ah think ya don’t have the guts ya burn with it!” Her heart pounded like a jack rabbit, brave foolish words spilling out of her to distract him from the other women in the room, she was the most useless one there but maybe she could do this.

Belle might not understand everything that was happening but she knew enough to be terrified beyond anything she’d seen during the weeks on the quest Belle had never felt this helpless.

Belle swallowed thickly, half a dumb ass not even half a plan springing to mind- “yeah it would.” Terror turned her blood cold, She she still managed to stand straight, locking her knees, shaking her head till her hair somewhat covered her.

“Maybe ya don’t know everyt’ing ya think ya do.” Belles voice was soft, enticing, as though the touch of his skin on her cheek hadn’t sent her hind brain skittering in flight instincts.

“Would ya show me? Take me t’that field, lay down beside me an’ watch the world end?” She had no idea if this was even possible to trick him like this. If he could die the end of the world had to do it right? And the other two women were so clearly skilled and resourceful that if she managed to get this horrible man way….they could escape.

Belle bit her lip as the poor bleeding girl tried to play the same attention grabbing ping pong. Bless her, all of them tried to help each other and Belle was grateful.

“Would you show me? Just me?” Her soft entreatment hopes to pull his attention back to her if it had wandered.
“You ain’t the Devil.” She corrected him, tone ringing with the conviction of the truly faithful never raising her voice from the soft almost delicate whisper that forced him to lean closer to hear her.

“I’d said I’d lay with ya, not sleep with you.” Belle watched him through her lashes, “no one should die alone. I’d hold any soul when they go t’the end.” Belle raised her gaze to him as he tormented the bleeding girl.

“Has anyone shown ya comfort? Or just cold passion? Have you ever had someone hug you just because you needed it, and they loved you?”

Belle honestly believed that everyone no matter their crimes deserved a moment of peace before their judgement. Maybe if they had been able to find someone to love them they would never have fallen.

“Even Lucifer was an Angel, and God loves him still.” Did she believe that everyone could be rehabilitated? No. But she believed in final redemption.

Belle wished she was smarter, more skilled, had anything than other than words to help the other woman he was tormenting.

“Have you ever felt love Martin?”

Belle blinked back the memory, wondering why she’d had that thought right now.

“2 an’ half hours.” she groaned with a half smile, “Just enough time ta read a little bit and than do prep.” her half grin turned into a real greatful smile. “Thanks you your help.” Belle blew out a breath raising to her feet. “Come on. I promised ya a place to rest.” taking the mug with her habitually Belle lead him up the spiral stairs behind the kitchen into the upper floors living area; it was neatly furinished, cozy more than chic, the moment she stepped into the main room, a gentle violin played from everywhere. “Ah sorry. Hope you dont mind-” she blushed. It was one of the last holdouts to her love of James, he had always played for her when she came home and on wakening, the technology to manage that was a tiny indulgence.

[url]http://thewilddetectives.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Cover-1024x576.jpg[/url]

@gooser
DC-New 52

52 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

Of course digging through her thoughts and memories would be something he did when he wasn’t actively communicating with her but when she was actively revisiting a memory in her thoughts it was something he picked up on and took for a ride. What did he discover about the woman before him from the image he was getting a read on? She was far more manipulative than she was given credit for. She had the capacity to read an opponent and lull them into a false sense of security by making promises. Her powers were that of compassion she held toward others. It was an interesting way of going about things but he could see it as well.

Sebastian hardly held compassion toward another being but before his damnation he had spent a vast majority of the time having his own strings pulled by a power stronger than his own. Now that he was free of such strings and could do his own thing he still fell into old habits. He had three hundred years of striving toward one thing – that had him ensnaring others in his spider web and bleeding them of their lives and increasing the number of followers. Those that worshipped his words and person because he was the chosen speaker of their most revered one.

In the 1700s it was far easier to convince people to join with just words alone. No tricks other than the blood he placed within their cups as he held a service before them all. Those had truly been the golden years of silver words and foolish mortals. HE had stood upon an alter before a crowd of one hundred, a respectable number when it was before the age of easy outreach to the rest of the world. He had their attention completely upon him and his words.

”Whether or not you know it, tonight, you have come here for a reason. Whether not you know it, tonight, you have been drawn here with a purpose. That purpose, my friends, is to live your life freely! To live you life in celebration. Do you want that in your life? Do you need that in your life? Well, tonight it can be yours and all you need do is drink it down. All you need do is finally, finally surrender. Because surrender is only going over to the winning side. Tonight, who will find the courage to take that step and fall back into the glorious arms of now? I hold in my hand this vial, and in it contains my life’s fluids. From this vial I shall fill you vessel. All of my love, flowing into you. All of my passion minging with yours. Raise you glass! Raise your glass into the air and drink it down!”

And then the people would drink and fall under his control. Such simpler times. Long before the advent of superheroes was so prominent in the world. He stood up from the booth and followed Belle upstairs of the second floor of the diner. ”Your live in the place you work?” There was a bit of amusement in his voice at the realization of this. She truly was devoted to this place to live in the same place she worked.

When they reached the main floor, there was the sound of a violin playing softly in the background. She immediately apologized about it and her face flushed with embarrassment. Sebastian hummed, ”It is quiet enjoyable. I am a…” He mimed playing keys in front of him for a moment, ”…piano player myself.” His hands dropped to his side, ”But I’ve always enjoyed the sound of a violin.: Which wasn’t a lie. Sebastian preferred the classical sounding instrument compared to the music of the current age where he came from. It all just sounded like noise to him these days. ”And do not apologize for your small comforts. This is your home, you are entitled to enjoy whatever you desire within the safety of your own walls.” @kel

DC- DC-TV-1

208 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Thank you.” book lined walls, glossy magazines, and devices from other worlds filled with knowledge spilled over tables, rested casually next to throw pillows, piled onto soft inviting blankets. Belle lost an half an inch in height toeing off her cute polka dot heels, which once off her feet revealed their actual status as comfortable tennis shoes; she loved the bazaar and the little miracles, like holograms and illusions that let her be stylish and comfortable.

Belle flashed him a smile, he might be in her debit in the offer for sleeping space but he could easily have been less gracious. “It’s my home, why wouldn’t I live in the place i’ve made?” she opined. If she didnt love what she’d made than Belle wouldn’t have created it, simple as that.

“Here.” She stepped around the spiral staircase, leading away from the living room and her own bedroom beyond it. She opened the door to a comfortable double bed, clearly purposed androgynous guestroom, there was a small attached bathroom with shower. “You wanna clean up and rest?” she offered leaning back on the open door, “Ah can see what i can find for clothes till we can take you down the the bazzar.” she offered with a slightly tired yet still relentlessly cheerful smile.

@gooser
DC-New 52

52 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

There were a number of things that adorned her walls. He already knew the woman was an avid reader – more than most people. Her home made it even more obvious by the mixture of literature that filled the living. There were various technologies that Sebastian was unfamiliar with personally in her home. He had knowledge of what they were and how they operated because of the information that he had gotten through Belle’s blood. But he personally had not seen some of the things he saw now. His gaze flicked in the direction of the bedrooms for a moment before moving on to scan the rest of the place.

”The comforts of home.” Sebastian commented in slight agreement before he offered a small smile, ”I’m afraid I cannot relate. Even where I used to reside, the home had been inherited and I never had the opportunity to make it my own.” Which was the truth. The Cult of Blood had been in his family for generations and the actual place the cult resided had remained ever stagnant throughout the years. The country of Zandia had sheltered the cult because the Lady Zand ,the queen of Zandia, another immortal even older than Sebastian, was a member of the Cult of Blood. She too served Brother Blood, Sebastian, before his banishment.

He followed the redhead in the direction of the guest room. She opened it up to reveal a modest sized room for him to use. He stood just inside the room right beside Belle as she leaned against the doorframe. She offered him to clean up and rest while she looked for clothes for him until they could go down to the bazaar. He turned toward her and offered a smile. ”I will be quite energized from the blood you supplied.” He stated. He stepped closer to her still as one hand lifted up until he was capturing some of her loose hair in his fingers. She had been running around quite a great deal toward the end of the breakfast rush.

”You, on the other hand, look as though you may collapse right here.” He was teasing her lightly. ” You should use this time to rest rather than tending to me, Belle.” His hand dropped from the hair he had been playing with before gesturing in the direction they came, ”Go get some rest before you can’t make it to your bed.” He gave her shoulder a slight nudge to prompt her to head there, ”I’ll carry you across the threshold if I must.” He would too. Although he can not say what might happen if I carried her across the threshold like some bride. @kel

DC- DC-TV-1

208 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Soft scarlet curls slid down her neck as she freed them from the pins holding her do up; Belle drew a few inferences from his casual mention of home, inherited...Belle had been adopted when she was six, abandoned as an infant outside of a grocery store she’d never known a blood family and while her mama never let her doubt she was beloved as if she was blood, a devotion Belle shared, she wondered as all abandoned things about the people that had left her behind.

A need for home...a home of his own that he could own, set his own things picked because he loved them and not because some distant ancestor had deemed them worthy...Belle’s heart went out to him, perhaps why she didn’t object the sudden invasion of her space beyond a surprised widening of clear blue eyes. As with most red heads, this close and he would be able to spot the faint dusting of freckles across the bridge of her nose, Belle was luckier than most where her’s were nearly invisible unless she was silly enough to get sunburned.

“Do ya...need more?” she offered worried that for his protestations that he might be skinting himself noblely. “Ah know a doc, an’ some magic folk that can heal me right up iffen ya need ta.”

The loose waves of her hair slithered over his palm as she shook her head; “I’ve not normally had help.” she smiled. “Just need a shower and than can got back into it.” Belle was no wilting lily, she was a strong girl and hard work was an old familiar burden.

@gooser
DC-New 52

52 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

Sebastian had no desire to make a home for himself when he was merely a puppet being pulled on strings. His desire had only been for power so he could use that power to aid their most revered one with all his plans and his glorious arrival to the planet. Now he wanted power to prevent becoming that puppet once more and the power to destroy that powerful demon once and for all. Granting himself superiority over the realms as a result. He would be one step closer to being the supreme power of the verse. Only then would he truly be safe. Belle did not shy away from the touch but her eyes widened as though the invasion of space had spurred her to be more alert and awake than she had been moments ago. When he admitted to having energy from the blood she offered him already, she questioned if he needed more. Offered to give him more because she knew magic folk that could heal her right up if he needed the blood. ”I admit your offer of more is tempting; however, if I truly need more, I’ll come to you, yes?” That seemed appropriate. Sinking his teeth into her neck in that moment probably wouldn’t have been appropriate.

She protested the idea of her having some rest. That all she needed was a shower before she could get back into it. Sebastion hummed and leaned closer, his brows lifting up slightly, ”Yes, stubborn indeed.” He mentioned, teasing her about her comment earlier while they were downstairs before. He flashed her a smirk, ”Please try to remember that I had warned you.” She had been dead in the booth downstairs. She looked physically fatigued.

Sebastian straightened up, looking as though to give her some space back. The next moment his arms were around her waist and the next, he had her hoisted over his shoulder – comically carrying her like a sack of potatoes with ease as he strolled away from the bedroom she offered him. ”Now, as fun as it is to carry you about, I will need some directions as to where your room is so you can be put down to rest while you can. Because I am not inclined to believe you will be fine after a mere shower; especially if you plan to be offering me blood when needed.” He can have quite the appetite after all. @kel

DC- DC-TV-1

208 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“As long as you do.” she nodded firmly.

Belle wouldn’t be honest if she didn’t recognize the sudden proximity or the image of his teeth on her neck didn’t hold a dark temptation, lord knew she’d read enough romance novels, and supernatural fantasy to be terribly curious.

...in the privacy of her own mind. Belle was a good girl and for all her welcome she had only met him a few hours before, if she was the kind to tumble after a short introduction she’d have discovered that facet of herself long before now. Lord knew there were enough handsome men who’d given her the twice over here. Heck Arjay had been damn tempting being an elf and calling back all of those horribly smutty romance novels featuring that race; or even the man whose face he shared who’d she’d met on that same quest, Dean had a undeniable bad boy attraction that Belle was drawn too while being far to self aware to fall for.

IF she had known him for a few weeks or maybe even days, Belle might have allowed the man handling with laughing humor. Except she didn’t know him. And he was assuming liberties with her person she had not allowed. Belle’s body was stiff in his grasp, “Let. Me. Down.” each word was bitten out, he might come from a culture where this was perfectly acceptable, but what she needed to make perfectly clear was that it was NOT acceptable to her, and any inference by her opening her home to him did NOT include liberties with her body.

She was not a violent woman, she was at best trained in few months of womens self defence classes, she could shoot straight and seemed to mostly be able to keep her head when the shit hit the fan. None of that however would protect her if he showed himself to be not a gentleman.

The dark ruby ring tucked hidden between her breasts warmed with her sudden spike of adrenaline; her engagement ring, now threaded onto a long gold chain around her neck, the reminder of the man she had loved, stirred at the perceived threat.

Belle did not understand the power James had gifted her with; while she kept it near she would never age, never die through natural means, it could never be taken from her by force, and when her life was threatened...it would use her latent magical abilities to summon the hosts of dead, opening a portal between words to defend her.

That had happened exactly once, and had drained her to the point that she did not remember the event.

@gooser
DC-New 52

52 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

While her tone had indicated that there was very little humor in the way he suddenly was upon her and handling her. That had not been what really drew his attention. It was the sudden spike of something magical that he felt come from her person, something that had been just a subtle feeling in the air before that had grown strong. So Sebastian, as curious as he was, stopped his movements until he was still. Then the next he was placing her down on her feet on the floor. He stepped away from her until he was staring at her.

His gaze drifted down from her eyes as the feeling of power emanating from her person was not within but somewhere outside. An object perhaps? “My apologies for my behavior. I shall refrain from acting in such fashion” He stated and thoughts raced through her mind on what was on her person – digging for the information that might unfold what it was. A ring, dark ruby, granted to her by a former love. It was located upon her chest, hung upon a gold chain. He felt the magic that came from it. That’s what it was.

He stepped away from Belle further, “I will leave you be and head to my room.” His hands folded together behind his back as he straightened up. He was well aware that his actions were not something welcomed so soon after meeting. ”That is, of course, if I still have a room..?” He turned and gestured toward the bedroom she had offered for him to stay in. She was fully in the right to just simply toss him out of her establishment.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

208 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Hands that trembled slightly from neves smoothed over her dress bodice, using the motion to center herself. Blowing out a long breath Belle flashed him a quick half smile, ready as always to forgive; “Just so long as we are on the same page.” Belle so hated to be indelicate and blunt but sometimes with Yankees you needed to lay out the rules in a Crystal clear fashion: “Where I’m from a gentleman doesn’t put hands on a lady with out invitation, an’ the only invite I offer is a place to rest and work.” Belles stern expression softened; “ah sorry if you expect otherwise in your culture but there’s lines that crosses make me uncomfortable or even frightened.” She stated with brutal unsparing of her blushes honesty, “That sort of friendly manhandling..” Belle shook her head, “Keed to know each other better. Otherwise ah don’t know you well enough to na be frightened.” Belle shrugged with her hands half gesturing to her home. “Ah live alone. In my world it’s a risk to bring a man home and offer a place.” She had enough dealings with aliens and humans that came from such divergent worlds that there might as well be no cultural overlap that she’d learned to explain in detail the why and why nots.

“If ya can adapt to that-“ she held out her hand, lips pulling upwards hopefully. “Than you have a place for as long as ya need it.”

@gooser
DC-New 52

52 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Gooser

Ever the forgiving type. Sebastian offered a look of relief upon her response as she seemed to forgive his actions. She desired the pair to be on the same page and understand the boundaries between them. Of course, he could have just taken control of her. He had the opportunity when she so easily drank the coffee he had offered. He had contemplated putting his blood into it then but he decided to go for a more interesting and entertaining route. It was even apparently to be interesting when she had the thought of his teeth sinking into her neck and finding a curiosity toward it.

They required to know each other longer before such ‘manhandling’ as she put it, would be appropriate but she would be frightened by the actions. She offered him to stay as long as he needed to so long as he could adapt to her rules. He took her hand and this time all he did was shake it to demonstrate that he was understanding and able to adapt. ”Well, I shall not be an example of that risk,” of course, he was definitely an example of such a risk but she needn’t know that detail unless he was done playing this new game of his.

He took his hand back as both clasped behind his back once more before he bowed lightly to her, ”My point still stands. I shall head to my room to leave you be. You should find a means to rest. As stubborn as you seem, that will not help if you are too fatigued. If you require aid with anything, simply request upon me.”

@kel