Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Richard GraysonNo Gods or Superheroes, Only Man! [Bioshock set] [open]
DC Comics-DC Comics

2 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Honest Steve

“I am Andrew Ryan, and I am here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

'No,' says the man in Washington, 'it belongs to the poor.'
'No,' says the man in the Vatican, 'it belongs to God.'
'No,' says the man in Moscow, 'it belongs to everyone.'

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose…

Rapture.

A city where the artist would not fear the censor,
where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality,
where the great would not be constrained by the small.

And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city, as well.”

Dick groaned as his alarm clock dragged him kicking and screaming back into reality. He groaned once more as he pulled himself from his bed and headed over to the nearest window. Waiting for him was his own reflection, who looked just as tired as he was. “Oh thank god you’re here,” he told his reflection, “I had the strangest dream. I dreamt I woke up near a lighthouse in the middle of the ocean. Then I dreamt that lighthouse had a submersible that took me to a strange underwater city built by Tony Stark who, instead of building a suit of fancy armour, built an objectivist utopia…”

Dick then looked past his reflection and saw the art deco cityscape that lay before him, and the ocean that existed around them. “Oh, right,” he muttered as the crushing reality of his situation began to sink in once again. He was trapped, universes from home, at the bottom of the ocean in a city that was ready to boil. He had no idea how he got here as his memory was fuzzy up until waking up on the lighthouse, though he seemed to remember a fight of sorts.

Ryan’s objectivist reality wasn’t working out as well as he hoped. Jobs were hard to get, the pay was awful and everyone was ought to exploit everyone else. Not to mention some strange and creepy things were happening, with little girls walking around with syringes alongside giant monstrosities trapped in bulky, old-timey diving suits. People were getting angry and frustrated with. There were talks of revolution.

Though living in an underwater city was kind of neat. It might have been hell, but it was fine looking hell. Dick had taken up a job at the fisheries, working in the submarines so he could afford just enough to afford a crappy little apartment, food and scrap that he could turn into equipment. He’d gone out several times as Nightwing, hoping to bring a little Gotham-magic to this city and protect people.

He was beginning to subject his boss at the fisheries were involved in illegal smuggling and he decided he was going to investigate it further. Ratpure wasn’t exactly strict with its laws so he was kind of curious to what one would smuggle into the city. His slipped on some simple clothes and headed out, ready to start another lovely day within Rapture.

On his way to work he heard a commotion. Noise and yelling from down a corridor. Something about it attracted Dick’s attention. He stopped a passerby and asked them what was going on.

“No idea! Some loon, probably drunk off his ass, yelling and shouting about how they don’t belong on this world! I bet they’re from Logan’s…Ever since that gruppy Canadian opened up his bar there’s been nothing but trouble...” They told Dick before he dismissed them. Could it be someone else had wandered from one universe to another like he did? It was worth investigating at the very least. He headed down the corridor to see what he could see.
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Stark Tech/Superhero
Ship Status: KAKE
Sexual Orientation: Sexual Orientation is Yes.
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 835
Kai was certain beyond a single doubt that at this moment in time, her confusion was fully grown from the amount of alcohol she had imbibed the night previous. She had finally gone and mustered up for the corps- and the star sapphires were plenty charismatic enough to convince her to come out drinking. The fact that the group wasn't largely human just meant that there was any number of alcohols that were more than strong enough to keep up with her metabolism, despite none of them existing on earth.

She had woken up with a blinding headache- the one part of getting drunk she had been most thrilled to be rid of, even more so than losing her memories from getting blackout drunk. Now she had the doozy of both of those back to back and a damn ring that couldn't give her an actual map to those she loved. Just a general 'go that way' that few people would let her demolish walls to follow. Something dumb about structural integrity and being under water.

"You don't understand!" Kai yelled with annoyance. "If you just got out of my fucking way-" The bartender started talking over her. "I GREW UP IN THE OCEAN, I DON'T CARE IF YOU GET A LITTLE DAMP." She screamed in annoyance.

"I just want out of this fucking world!" Kai added, her battle cry as her clothes melted into a distinctly revealing violet uniform, her hands lined with the sharpened stones of the same colour- save for a thin line of green around her wrist. "You and your stupid rapture- Yes I've been paying attention! This backwards place has the kind of tech that I have nightmares about, it's hard to forget!"

One of the bargoers held her arms behind her back- which was doing very little to calm her down. Now, Kai generally wasn't one for action without thought. But when you grabbed her? Oh even before she had been a super, she had known that as a woman the best thing to do was get out of that hold. She stomped on his feet, slamming the spikes of her stone gauntlets into the 'helpful' idiots wrists, before reversing the grip so she had him and flipped him fully over her shoulders, slamming into the ground.

"Look! I'm not unreasonable! If you just gave me a fucking map- I wouldn't need to break down your walls! I am just as aghast by the potential waste of booze as you are but I really need to get back to my own world!"

@honeststeve