nicknames/aliases/code name: Nightwing, Dick
canon or oc: Canon
anchor character: yes
species: Human
date of birth: 4th of February
place of birth: Gotham
starting location: Rapture! (possibly)
originating fandom: DC comics
fandom universe: DC Comics, simplified pre-new 52 canon.
pronouns: Male
languages: English, Spanish, Japanese, German, Russian, French, Swahili, Mandarin, Cantonese and Tamaran.
appearance
playby: nick bateman apparently
height: 5'10"
weight: 170 lbs.
hair color: Black
eye color: Blue
distinguishing features: A number of minor scars.
relationships
sexual orientation: Hetrosexual
family: John and Mary Grayson (deceased).
Bruce Wayne (adopted father)
Jason Todd (adopted brother)
Timothy Drake (adopted brother)
Damian Wayne (adopted brother)
relationship status: Single
Powers/Strengths/Weakness
powers: None.
strengths: Being raised by the Batman in order to become his partner is the fight against crime, Dick was subjected to an intense training regime that taxed both his physical and mental abilities. As such, he has become a a master acrobat, martial artist and detective. He also posses a natural charisma that has been honed by his time as a leader within the batfamily and the Titans.
weaknesses: Despite being at the peak of human condition, he is still very human and one that keeps throwing himself into dangerous situations that risks grave injury. All it would take is a single slip or mistake and he could easily cripple himself.
equipment: Escrima sticks, grapple hook and the nightwing-bike!
history
"One of my clearest memories of my parents is usually the minutes before their show. Mom would spend ages brushing her hair, trying to make it perfect. Dad would always get annoyed. He hated being late for a show. My family was one of tradition and rituals. The Flying Graysons, a renowned acrobatic family, would never go out unless they went through the motions first. It was why, when they fell, I could never accept their death was an accident. Part of dad's routine was to check the ropes. It was something he did multiple times, almost religiously. There was just no way it should have snapped when it did. There was no way they should have died like they did. Even though grief was consuming me, I knew my parents had been murdered and every fibre in my body cried out for justice.

My parents died as their lived: in front of an audience. Amongst the crowd was the rich billionaire Bruce Wayne who would become my adopted father in the aftermath of my tragedy. He too had watched his parents died and knew better than anyone what I was going through. If anyone could get me through what I was going through, it would be him. Sadly he was never around. I would late learn Bruce believed just as I had that my parents had been murdered and was investigating his own way. Thankfully I had Alfred to look after me. Whilst he couldn't replace my parents or make me feel any better, he did remind me that I wasn't alone.

One night I would return to the circus where my parents died. Lack of attention from new guardian had been feeling reckless and the mystery surrounding what happened to my parents was driving me insane. I couldn't accept their death was an accident. I was certain there was some hidden clue or a leftover piece of evidence that I could use to find my parents killer. As I searched I was attacked by Edward Skeevers. I knew Skeevers, I had seen him around town with Tony Zucco, a well-known and feared crime lord. He was under the impression I was onto him and threatened to beat me up until I told him what I knew, after which he would then proceed to beat me up. The guy didn't really know how to incentivize.

That's when he came and saved me. He emerged from the shadows and struck down Skeevers with ease. During the struggle, I was knocked out. When I woke I found myself in a strange cave, full of platforms, computer, vehicles and him. Standing in the centre of the room was Batman, and standing beside him was Alfred. As it turns out, my new guardian had a few secrets.

According to Alfred, Bruce saw more of himself than he liked and sought to help me reveal Zucco's guilt to the world. He believed he could help me find a path far different from his. During the investigation, I became more and more enamoured with Batman. Somewhere along the line I decided I would become his sidekick. I trained to combat and honed my gymnastic skills. I even drew up some silly costume designs like Bite-Mite and Batty. Eventually, we found Zucco but as we pursued him, he died from a heart attack. He would never face justice for his crimes, but at least my parents were avenged and I had a new life as Robin, boy wonder (I was twelve at the time. It sounded like a cool idea at the time.)

Of course, I still needed to prove myself to Bruce. The idea of dragging along a small child to help him fight crime didn't sit well with him. I know, weird right? But the chance came when Two-Face stumbled across the Bat-cave and brought with him a small horde of supervillains. We fought them off and I proved to Batman how well we worked together. Accepting me as a partner, we became the dynamic duo and fought together for years.

But I would eventually out-grow the role of Robin and even Batman. I don't mean to say I became better than Batman or even reached his level but…

How can I say this without coming across as an arrogant tool? Hmmm…

I just felt Batman had taught me all he could teach me and if I were going to become a better vigilante I would need to form a new identity and head out on my own.

My time as Robin reached its end when a group of my friends were kidnapped by a group known as HIVE. When I was investigating their disappearance I was contacted by Adeline, a mysterious woman with a connection to HIVE. According to her HIVE was responsible for the death of her son Grant. Her other child, a mute metahuman called Joseph offered his assistance. Taking the codename Jericho, he had the ability to possess anyone he made eye-contact with. This ability was detrimental in gaining information on HIVE and infiltrating one of their bases.

We learned my friends were being held in Bludhaven, but before we left I decided now was the time to don on a new costume. It was something I had been working on for a while and I felt now, as I travelled to a new city to fight a new foe on my own, that this was the perfect time to be reborn as Nightwing. Together with Jericho we snuck and fought our way through the HIVE base to rescue my friends. The fight was long and gruelling, but we were victorious and my friends were rescued. After the battle, I found myself wandering Bludhaven and I began to see the hand of fate had been silently guiding me here. Bludhaven was choking in its corruption and greed. It had been hard to believe a place could be as worse as Gotham but here it was. I realized if I was ever to escape batman's shadow, I would need to escape Gotham and here was a place that could do with a vigilante like myself.

I volunteer at a local youth centre as an acrobatic instructor in their gym and as a general manager. I tell them I work nights, but thanks to a generous inheritance from my parents that was turned into an even more generous small fortune by Lucius Fox, money isn't an option. Instead, I spend my nights as Nightwing, knight of Bludhaven.

Anchor Character Section
which fandom: DC
which universe: New Earth with a touch of DC Rebirth.
timeline: Shortly after Nightwing moves to Bludhaven.
where is the Hub portal located: Bludhaven
If not already established in canon do the following exist?

magic: Yes
aliens: Yes
advanced technology: Yes
mythical creatures: Yes
other: Yes

what landmark(s) to start with in Hub? N/a
RP Sample
I would but I dont have too so I wouldn't.
about
The original Robin and current Nightwing, Dick has spent his teenage years and adult life fighting for those who can't fight for themselves. He's been a mainstay of the bat family and the Titans through-out his life. He's now branching out as a protector of his own city, hoping to fight the good fight to clean up the streets of Bludhaven and tackle the cities deep corruption problem. Yet with the discovery of the Hub, the adventurer within him cannot help but be drawn towards the mysteries of the multiverse.
shipper
Men want to be him, women want his sexy ass all for themselves! Everybody loves Dick Grayson...unless you don't.

His friends likely to include other superheroes and adventurers with good intentions. He's a friendly enough individual who likes to see and nurtures the best in people.

He is currently single, but in the past he has beein love with both fellow bat family member Barbara Gordon and fellow Teen Titans member Starfire, yet life has taken them in different directions and the romantic love faded away.

His enemies include pricks and people who prey on the helpless.

nicknames: Honest STeve
pronouns: Male
timezone: GMT
triggers: Nope
mature threading: Sex please
other characters: Jane Foster/Might Thor.
about: I once saw the sign and it openned up my eyes.
28. Gym Owner. DC.
thanks♥︎
All-All

98 Posts
7 Threads
Job: Admin
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: ;)
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,691

Congratulations, you have been approved! Please don't forget to make your claims in the claims thread!

And of course, have fun!!