374 Posts
9 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,528
Safi was...nervous.

He was almost sure that there were no spies (beyond him) in Hub but there was no real way to be certain. And yet here he was taking a chance, doing something that was objectively just as suicidally stupid now as it had been when he’d gotten shit faced with Tony on the roof a few weeks ago.

So what had changed?

Maybe he was tired of living in fear, maybe he was exhausted from the doublethink. Maybe it was just that he couldn’t stand another day of watching Chris leave with soulful eyes thinking...he didn’t even know what he was thinking.

What he did know was that it was a friday morning- back home it was 3rd of July...god only knew what that meant to this unchanging world but for him and Chris it meant that they were on vacation for the long weekend. So when Chris started to head out-

“Hey-” Safi reached for his arm before he walked out the mansion door. “You busy today?”

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

455 Posts
20 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,373
Independence Day. Chris liked the holiday; it was bright and happy and people tended to let those qualities reflect our from them as well. Fireworks and freedom and that thrill of pops and bangs in the dim evening. But this year he hadn’t thought about watching the fireworks or barbecue or celebrating freedom. This year his focus has narrowed.

More time to work on his clockwork bots. People sized droids that would listen to him. That would fix things for him.

He hadn’t spent all that much time with Safi in weeks, both trying to respect the other man’s wishes, his need for space, his desire for someone else’s attention, and because it was just plain easier to avoid the man instead of facing what always ended up becoming an existential crisis. And avoiding meant that Christian kept out of the way, even if he checked up on Safi’s whereabouts more than was entirely necessary, not to spy, never for that, but to make sure that Safi was still there.

The hand on his arm was unexpected, and not well tolerated. Chris tensed, head tipping down just slightly, something angry shadowing his features for a moment, his body shifting with the training that Kai had been putting him through, and the hand that covered Safi’s wrist was strong and firm. Until Christian realized who it was that had grabbed him, blinking up at Safi for a moment, unkind thoughts of ‘I take it Tony is busy today’ and ‘I’m supposed to be ready whenever you want to see me but only when you’re interested?’ being roughly shoved aside by the image of the unfinished false skin that he was still trying to perfect. He just hadn’t been able to get the shade just right…

Always too light or too dark.

“I… Could be persuaded to put my projects on hold... Maybe….” The words were spoken carefully, guardedly, “Did you need help with something, Safi?”

@kel
DC-TV-1

374 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The tension...it wasn’t unexpected, what was was the restrained violence in the hand closing around his wrist, surprised by the movement Safi simply let go, hands moving to his sides in a half palms up gesture of ‘easy’.

“No...just thought maybe if you weren’t busy we could...go out, have a meal...spend some time together.” Blue eyes that had sharpened warly at his reaction softed, “Kinda been missing each other the last few weeks.” And he knew why, it was time to do something about it.

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

455 Posts
20 Threads
Nyte

None of the moves that Kai had taught Christian would injure his opponent. They would give him distance, space, they would put an attacker on their back, they would end a fight. And some would cause pain without injury. But Christian would never use any of them on Safi. Not one. The look on his face turned sheepish at Safi’s gesture, “Sorry.”

Missing each other. Chris snorted lightly at Safi’s words. Didn’t feel like Safi was really missing him all that much, really. But the offer to go out, that was completely unexpected. It sent Christian’s mind whirling, seeking for purchase. Why? Why now? What was Safi really saying here?? Chris was dressed to go out and about in Hub, a light gray suit with a soft purple dress shirt, impeccably clean and pressed, of course, if just a little bit looser on him in places than it had been just a few months ago. Offering a tentative smile to Safi, Christian nodded, “Yeah, we have. So… Sure. Go out, have dinner, sounds good. Here in Hub or back to Central?” He paused before offering, "It's karaoke night at Josie's."

@kel
DC-TV-1

374 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi had made sure he had this time off and he’d hoped that Chris would as well, oh hee suspected that Belle had plans for the long weekend with her brother but for today...well he might have double checked with the voluptuous redhead that she’d be busy during the daylight hours.

“Hey-” Safi’s expression softened, “Shouldn’t have grabbed for you. Just wanted to make sure i caught you.” His hand twiched with the urge to reach for Chris again.

“Actually…” he smiled, “I was thinking we go off into another universe.” he offered, “There’s a moon-” he paused grinning, mischievously “Well if you trust me…” he trailed off. “I’d like to surprise you.”

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

455 Posts
20 Threads
Nyte

Christian spent his birthdays always the same way. He hid himself away as much as he could during the day, and then at night he watched the fireworks. Oh sure, he’d do things with Belle, but he was just as inclined to lock himself up and dive into a project as he was anything else, though he pulled himself away to do things with his sister, of course.

And he’d do much the same for Safi. Blinking, Chris moved forward, just a step, closing some of the distance between them, “Don’t say that.” It wasn’t what he wanted, for Safi to think he couldn’t reach out like that… “You can always do that, Safi. I just…” he blushed slightly and shrugged, “I got out of the habit… Like you said, we’ve been missing each other lately.”

Another universe? With Safi? A moon? Chris blinked again, his posture relaxing entirely now, because of course he trusted Safi! “I trust you.” He always had. “As long as it’s not another universe that’s ending in a few hours… Because I’ve gotten my fill on those, you know?” He spoke the words lightly, referencing something that still gave him nightmares, but trying to make light of it, to make a joke. It only bothered you if you let it, right? Brown eyes settled onto Safi, and Chris nodded, offering him his hand, “Of course. I’m all yours.”

@kel