Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Justin HallowayHe does have a heart, who knew Tag: Shuri, maybe Tony
Marvel Comics-616-ish

155 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Superhero/Doctor
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 849
Justin would never, ever admit it, particularly where Tony could hear it, but he really wished that he had the medical lab in Stark Tower to work in. Unfortunately, that particular lab wasn't safe, because of some combination of fire and Soul Gem fuckery. And so, lacking that, he was forced to work out of the surgery that he'd been taking work in ever since he'd left the tower.

Granted, it wasn't exactly a backwater, unequipped business. It was at least as modern as any hospital he could find back on his Earth, and probably a bit more advanced given the equipment available to them from other worlds. He'd even done some more updating in the room he personally worked out of, and he'd done that updating specifically for doing this operation on Tony, but he still would have felt better doing it in Stark Tower, with the medical assistance protocols that he'd helped design, and with the computer support that he knew would work with this new tech he was counting on.

Oh, and he wished he had someone helping him that he knew better than this girl who insisted she could help, and whose credentials (to him) were limited to being T'Challa's sister.

"There's a chest full of shrapnel I have to remove from this guy and a few pounds of removed body mass to regenerate in him. Oh, and I have to hurry and get it done before he dies. If we're going to do a superhero team-up on this, we'd better hurry and figure out how this is going to work," he said as he lay Tony down on the table. Nurses and assisting physicians were flooding in, and as Justin started stripping out of his superhero gear, he started calling out orders to them. "I need him prepped for heart surgery two hours ago," he said. "This is not going to be a standard surgery, and if you stay in this OR, you're agreeing to do exactly what I say when I say it, including if I tell you to get the hell out."

As they stripped Tony out of his clothes, he scrubbed up, looking over at Shuri. "So. I have a metal/crystal phase destablizer to get the shrapnel into a state to be operated on, the regeneration tech to make him whole again afterward, and I'm probably the only doctor I'd trust to do this surgery. Any ideas to make this work better?"
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,678
Sending the fire drones back to Wakanda through the portal for equipment was the compromise her brother and General had demanded as they were both...hesitant to allow anyone back through till they had determined what this place actually was.

And that this was ‘their’ Tony Stark.

Shuri had given her quickie report explaining the multi universal properties, and while her Brother was arguably just as smart as she was...he had different focuses; where shuri found this place a wet dream, he saw the potential dangers much more acutely.

When the doctor asked his question, Shuri nodded, “Firstly we can place his autonomic functions into stasis.” She was not going to take over the operation, she knew what she was, and that was not a doctor...even if she could humm the tune and MADE the equipment the medical professionals of Wakanda used.

Shuri lifted the device that was made to clam shell over the patient while providing access to surgical teams. the portable version of their healing and stasis chamber was not ‘small’ but for what it did it was really as travel sized as she could make it.

“And i do not know what technology you are using for regeneration, but our vibrantum nanites can keep recirculating and oxintanting his blood even after we stop his heart with out the need for a bypass.” Shuri offered the technological aids, sterilizing herself as she spoke.

@mike
Marvel-MCU

314 Posts
15 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,456
“Language!”

Leaving Tony and walking away was something that was absolutely unthinkable. Not now, not after...everything. When the engineer woke up, it was possible even probable that he wouldn’t want anything more to do with Steve, especially not if the Soul stone had been responsible for everything that had happened between them, but at this moment in time, he and Tony had been through too much to just walk away. He cared about the man too damn much to just walk away. That didn’t mean he wasn’t aware that he really had no place here. No purpose. He listened when Justin spoke, gave a sharp, attentive nod at his demands, and moved to the door.

He was silent while Justin and Shuri spoke back and forth, his eyes on Tony’s face, face grimly determined, as though Steve could will Tony to stay alive. He knew he was useless to them, that he couldn’t stay, he’d only be in the way. His desire to stay, to make sure Tony woke up, was selfish. Staying in the operating room would only put Tony in further danger, would serve only to distract Justin and Shuri.

That didn’t mean he was leaving. Not really. Steve waited until he couldn’t wait anymore. Until things were ready to get started, and then he looked squarely at Justin, blue eyes filled with quiet desperation, ”You can do this.” the words were spoken with the sort of confidence that Steve used almost exclusively as Captain America, but here in this room, in this situation, he was simply Steve Rogers, telling someone he had met less than a year ago that he believed in him. He turned to give Shuri a nod, and then moved out of the room, taking up residence in the hallway, back straight, a hair’s breadth of space between him and the wall, shoulders squared, jaw set, and those blue eyes focused beyond the door, on the man laying in there, waiting to be made well again.

Steve might not insist on waiting inside the operating room, but he’d be damned if he was going to leave Tony.

“That’s not going away anytime soon.”
@mike @kel
Marvel Comics-616-ish

155 Posts
3 Threads
Mike

Justin wished, truly, that he could count Steve’s statement as a measure of his ability, but the sad truth was that Steve really didn’t know what the doctor was capable of. His Steve would have known… but for now, Justin would just have to content himself with the fact that he knew what he was capable of.

Oh, and the fact that he’d have saved Tony’s life one more time and be able to hold that over his head was just icing on the cake.

Justin was, for his part, sure that Shuri’s tech would work, if only because life never left him with a situation where he could claim all the credit. Her tech would work, but Justin knew better than to blindly throw new tech at a problem and move on as if it would only work as advertised. He had to be able to predict the effects on the body to adapt his procedures, to adapt his new tech to it…

“Broad stroke them both for me. I’ve got exactly two minutes to figure out if they’ll react badly to anything I’m about to do, but if we can make them work, that’ll be huge, and I’ve got way too many people who won’t let me stop hearing about it if I can’t save this guy.” He hesitated as he rinsed his hands off carefully in the sink. “Including me,” he admitted.
@kel @eve
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

She had only met Steve Rogers in passing; her brother had dealt more with that super soldier while she’d concentrated on her pet broken white boy. Honestly he’d died before exchanging more than a dozen words with her. And yet even she found it distinctly odd to be addressed by his doppleganger, and she could only wince internally at the havok that had to be wrecking for her James.

Because that was also a thing.

There were two Sargent Barnes.

And that was something she was [i]fascinated] by on every level; intellectually because she was damn near vibrating to examine them both and pinpoint the differences, emotionally because...well she was worried about how her’s would react, and physically...well Shuri wouldn’t be human if she hadn’t gotten a FEW mental pictures!

That however was neither here nor there! Good thing Shuri was a master multitasker and even while that small portion of her brain was giggling like a schoolgirl, the majority was preparing for surgery and listening to the doctor this new Steve Rogers recommended so highly.

She responded to his question/demand, going so far to bring up the schematics on her beads; her tech unlike some others was not experimental, and had been used regularly by Wakandan surgeons. While she spoke, Shuri’s assessing eyes read over what her scanners were saying about HIS tech.

“From what I can see-” She finished after her explanation, “They should work in concert, your destabilizer will break down the shrapnel, my stasis will keep his autonomic functions on bypass without needing to touch his heart. I am programing my nanties to in effect stop the blood flow to his heart making a ‘dam’ in his veins to stop incoming blood flow, while sending back oxygenated blood. And than as for after the surgery-” She gave a little shrug. “All my tech does is speed up the natural healing process while providing the raw materials and caloric requirements for the cells to build.”

@mike
Marvel Comics-616-ish

155 Posts
3 Threads
Mike

One of the things that Justin really wished he could do was go back into that damn building and re-download Friday. This was in part because he could really use her guiding his computer systems (and helping any integration that might need to happen), but mostly (he had to admit) because he was just worried about her. Maybe, though, just maybe, Little Sister here could manage the computer part on her own, she was certainly talking a good enough game that he didn't doubt she was good in that area. Here's for blind faith going into heart surgery!

The surgical assistance tool that they'd come up with was an elegant piece of machinery, if he did say so himself. It was a very delicate mesh of sensors that fit seemlessly under his surgical gloves, fine enough that he could forget within moments that he was even wearing it. All of it worked with medical scanner, which was now mounted next to the table to put the holo display up for him.

Jusin waved his hand over Tony's chest, display appearing over him, highlighting the shrapnel in his chest. He was still alive, yes, and the shrapnel wasn't sinking closer to his heart yet, but once he unplugged that magnet... "All right. Get ready with the stasis field and nanites. We're starting this in three... two... one." And with that, Justin cut the power to the magnet.

With the stasis field ready, though, he had to admit that it was almost anticlimactic when the surgery began. There were no needed alarms, there was no need to rush, just the careful cutting open of Tony's chest. Removing the magnet, of course, was a particular pleasure for Justin. This was just a horrible solution to his problem, but what did you expect when you were dealing with Tony Stark? If he had a problem, he'd put tech in it, even if the problem was his own body.

"God, this is a mess. Just like this guy to put a tech band-aid over a problem forever instead of dealing with it," Justin muttered as he worked to sanitize the area and scrape away any tissue damaged by the magnet and its housing. He glanced up at Shuri, who was so eager to help him help Toni, but only briefly, surgery wasn't something to only pay half of your attention to. "You know him very well?" he asked. He assumed the answer was at least 'sort of,' because why else would she be jumping in headfirst to save him?
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Bright eyes watched him work, flicking between the new technology she was being exposed to, slotting it into her own understanding of micronization and coming up with the conclusion that if it wasn’t a bit more advanced than her own, it was at least more so on another engineering path than her own focus for Wakanda Technology. Which of course meant she was terribly curious about it! But that was neither here nor now. Right now she yet again had a broken white boy under her care...well partial care. She wasn’t going to joggle his elbow when he knew the patient and case better than she did by a long run.

Well at least unless he grossly messed up.

The arc reactor housing was placed on the tray and Shuri could not help but shake her head in half awe half disbelief- “How desperate must that man have been to do this to himself?” she commented quietly to herself, her beads automatically scanning and displaying the full schematics into the air above the device.

Shaking her head at his question Shuri tapped the hologram, “No. If I had when this happened...well-” Her quirked lips finished the sentence. “It is a horror is it not? He couldn’t breathe, being poisoned…” she could only imagine the desperation that lead to this abomination. “I am sure my Brother will have many questions what happened during and after his fight with Thanos that lead to this once again.”

Shuri moved the device away, sliding the sanitizer to clean it, “And you? Are you from this place?”

@mike
Marvel Comics-616-ish

155 Posts
3 Threads
Mike

Heh, well at least Little Sister agreed with him on some things, that was a nice change. Unfortunately, he did find himself in the unfortunate position of needing to defend Tony’s actions, which always galled him lately. “From what he told me… or, well, actually from what he told me and then Friday told me, the Soul Gem and Reality gem did this to him somehow. He got the soul stone shoved into his reactor, and they both did… this to him, all over again. It didn’t want to be taken out, so it didn’t let him take it out, and of course Tony being Tony, he just left that as it was instead of letting anyone else help.” Hell, their best ideas had all involved helping him against his own opposition, that said something big right there.

With that, and with the metal destabilization field in place, Justin started the very delicate work of extracting the shrapnel. It didn’t help that his own tissue had grown around it and often needed to be cut free, of course. “Suction,” he ordered distractedly as he eased one particularly jagged piece away from a blood vessel. “No, I’m not from this place. Not from your world, either. One like it, I guess. I knew Tony there- hell, my Tony was back at the tower there, too. Going to have to check on him once we’re done here. Knew T’Challa there, too, but he’s kept mostly to Wakanda lately. We were just coming back from Asgard, Odin sent us back with his... whatever magic it is that they get around by, and I ended up here. Haven’t found my way home yet. Honestly, I kind of stopped looking, this place is kind of great and there’s enough need for Avengers here.” He paused in the middle of extracting another piece of shrapnel, seeing what was going to happen and knowing it wasn't going to be fun. "Get the cellular regenerator ready. That guy, right there, looks like a fancy penlight. When I pull this piece out, it's going to be ugly, and I'm going to need to start repairing blood vessels right away. Push the green button when I say to." He took a moment to make sure that he'd avoided all damage that was possible, that nothing was in the way that he could possibly avoid, then pulled the shrapnel out, dropping it on the tray and immediately getting to work re-connecting blood vessels. "Now!" he said, watching the pulsing red spots marked on the holodisplay as he started repairing the damage he'd just had to cause.
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“That-” Shuri shook her head at his explanation. “A horror.” she repeated, “And now i pity him.” She turned her attention to the work for a moment. “That explains the Infinity Stone signature I detected. Reality or Soul? I did not see two?” She glanced over at him for an explanation. “I left the containment unit we created months ago with my Brother. He will find it and place it in there.” she had faith in T’challa’s will. And if not his than Okoye's right hook.

“I did not think you were from our world.” she commented making a minute adjustment. “I would have seen you during the lead up to the battles.” but his explanation did bring up something that had been nagging at her mind since she realized what she had walked into- “Do you know me? Is there a Shuri in your world?” she asked curiously. “Conceited I know but I wonder.” strong white teeth flashed up as she grinned behind the transparent mask- “But I cannot imagine a me that is not me.”

At his command she turned her attention back to the delicate work, steady hands worked her devices, flinching only a little from the blood. She didn’t like blood or gore but this was work, and she powered through, she did what was needed because Stark was relying on her if he knew it or not. “I do not know how you stand it.” she commented grimmly chasing a bleeder. “I prefer my surgeries done by nanties. It is cleaner.” and she didn’t have to have the smell of fresh butchered human meat in her nostrils for the rest of the day.

@mike
Marvel Comics-616-ish

155 Posts
3 Threads
Mike

“Just the soul stone. Don’t know what happened to the Reality stone, that one didn’t come here with him. I just hope that when it’s NOT set in him it’s less… active. That damn thing is the reason that building’s on fire. It’s… I don’t even know where to start describing it.” Could T’Challa handle it? Well… of all the people Justin knew, T’Challa would have made his list of “Probably could” people. On the other hand, Steve would have made that list, too, and he’d been suckered in just like Tony (who, incidentally, would have made his “probably couldn’t” list). He’d just have to hope that Little Sister here was right, because he had more pressing concerns, like not letting Tony bleed out.

He paused as one of the assistance wiped the sweat off his forehead, looking Shuri over and trying to remember what he knew of T’Challa’s family, which honestly wasn’t that much. He knew that T’Challa had a sister, he’d even met her at T’Challa’s wedding, but was this the same person? He tilted his head, studying her face, trying to block out the clothes and hair. Finally, he turned his attention back to the surgery. “I know that T’Challa had a half-sister named Shuri, but she didn’t act like you. A lot more… I dunno, serious, kind of like the general you brought with you. And she did her hair differently.” Of course, that had been for a wedding, so who knew, maybe she DID normally do her hair like that.

“There’s nothing about the human body that’s not messy,” Justin remarked as he reattached blood vessels and started going for the next piece of shrapnel. “We’re made of millions of smaller, living things that are built up into a form that lets them all keep existing in a very delicate balance. There’s nothing clean about it once you understand how everything works.” He glared up at Tony’s unconscious face, scowling for a moment. “And there’s nothing about it that should be hacked out and replaced with machines, either.” Jackass. “That’s why I don’t trust any of this magic that’s supposed to fix everything up, or machines that are supposed to do everything on their own. No body acts like another one. You need to have the right intuition, and the right reactions to everything that goes wrong. Keep the regenerator handy, we’re going to need it in a second. Things will start happening a lot faster once I get a little deeper.”
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

73 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Half sister?” Shuri blinked at that tidbit. “I cannot see my Mother having allowed Father to stray, or her being ill content.” But than...what did she really know about her parents relationship? They were her parents, and Shuri was still young enough, sheltered enough to believe in that they were happy. “I hope they were..” she commented sadly. “Happy that is, before my father was killed. But now you have piqued my curiosity colonizer.” the general? “Okoye?” Shuri snorted. “It is well she is NOT royal blooded or Brother would have not had a chance in the Challenge.”

“And now I remember why I prefer machines.” Shuri’s mobile face wiggled under his graphic description. “Hey now, some machines are needed.” Her lips quirked up. “Pacemakers, cochlear implants, artificial hips, knees or do you deny all non-natural aides?” Shuri just nodded to his last statement, “Yes, of course. I and the doctors of Wakanda watch the nanties, tweek the treatment for each patient, just as you i am sure monitor and alter the drug regime depending on how your patient responds. The only ‘fire and forget’ medicine is for emergencies, where ANY treatment is better than none.”

Shuri was a competent assistant, even if she was going a touch ashy under her complexion at the gore. “I would still much rather be behind a screen and doing this remotely.” she muttered, tapping at her display.

@mike