Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Steve RogersSome Sort of Nightmare Tag: Tony (Kel)
Marvel-MCU

309 Posts
15 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,373
“Language!”

No, the Steve that Tony had known, had fought with, had loved, he wasn’t here. But that didn’t mean everything had to lay on Tony’s shoulders, either. Tony, who was always so ready to jump up and sacrifice himself however he thought would do the most good, help the rest of his team the most. For a moment, Steve wondered just how that other version of him had dealt with it. Had that other Steve come to accept Tony’s propensity of making himself the scapegoat and sacrificial lamb, or had he just never cared enough to let it bother him in the first place, or did it bother him right up until the end. Had that other Steve flown his plane against Thanos, knowing it was a one way ticket, in order to save it from being Tony once again?

He didn’t know, and it bothered Steve a whole lot. He only knew what little bits and pieces Friday had let slip to him, which was still probably more than he was supposed to know, and from the picture those little bits and pieces showed, he didn’t like that other Steve all too much. At all. He didn’t like that guy at all. Seemed like there were more versions of himself that he didn’t like than ones he did.

They faced Thanos. Without him. Steve sighed, closing his eyes, ”I.. I wasn’t there. He didn’t call me, he didn’t tell anyone he even could.” And that hurt, it cut Steve deeply. But it wasn’t like he could change it. Looking down at the ground, Steve closed his eyes, “But they won. They didn’t need Captain America for that.” And that both helped and hurt.

What Steve wanted more than anything was to have Tony in his life. He said that he didn’t want to disappoint, and Steve quirked a brow at him, because no, Tony could never do that, not really.

”I don’t know if I can be the man you want or need me to be...more than a team mate.”

Right. Right. Of course. ”Yeah. Okay, well, truth be told, Tony? I think starting out working together, as teammates, would be a good thing. A good start. And maybe that’s all it’ll ever be. And that would be fine, too.”

“That’s not going away anytime soon.”
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

322 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,528
To be fair to the version of Steve native to Tony’s universe; Friday was only presenting him in the light of his last actions, and through the lense of a devoted AI.

‘They didnt need Captain America.’ Tony felt, saw the pain that caused Steve, he had no response, but he kinda hated himself. Good news was that was nothing new.

‘Fine.’

That was all he really heard from that sentence, he knew that good old take one for the team voice. “Is it Steve?” He asked quietly, feeling the years he had on the super soldier keenly, both in experience but also with him..or a version of him.

“Might be another version of Tony-“ he had to laugh because just here in Hub there was a damn handful of them. “Or someone less fucked up that you could be happier with.” Unspoken but there was ‘that can give you everything…’

@eve
Marvel-MCU

309 Posts
15 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,373
“Language!”

Steve didn’t really care about being fair to a man who had broken Tony’s heart. Even if that man was him, himself or a different version of himself, it didn’t matter. That Steve had broken Tony’s heart, had hurt him, and in light of those truths, Steve didn’t give a damn about being fair to the man and he certainly didn’t like him because of it.

He wondered if it had ever been possible for him to have hurt his own Tony in that particular way. Once, maybe, perhaps. Probably not after everything that happened with Ultron and then with accords and Bucky. Even when he’d gone back, Tony had been… Distant. Engaged to Pepper, happy, and that… Steve was happy for the Tony back in his home universe. It had taken time to get to that point, but he was. And as much as it stung to admit that his world didn’t need him, it was the truth, and maybe… Just maybe… That was also a good thing. It gave Steve the ability to be here in Hub.

Is it? Is it what? Steve blinked at the question, frowning over toward Tony, understanding dawning on him quickly enough as he looked at the other man, ”Of course it would be, Tony. If that’s how things play out… I wouldn’t hold something like that against you, that wouldn’t be right.” He wouldn’t try to force Tony into anything, or coerce him to love him back, that wouldn’t be the same. It wouldn’t be real and Steve didn’t want it if it wasn’t real.

”Might be another version of Tony -” ….”Or someone less fucked up that you could be happier with.”

If Steve had been standing at attention before, now he grew downright stiff, tension drawing him into stillness at the words Tony spoke. Just go be with another version… No. ”No.” the word was spoken at the same time it ran through his mind, Steve shook his head, frowning, looking at Tony with both sadness as well as with hurt, ”I’m not interested in just finding a different you, Tony. I’ve met the other Tony Stark here in Hub. He’s not… You.” and honestly, Steve was happy for that. He didn’t want to just love any Tony Stark he came across, that didn’t feel right. Unwrapping his hands, Steve moved to the bench where his things were, throwing his few items back into his bag before zipping it up and tossing the used tape into the trash, ”That’s not how this works, Tony. I’m not interested in just replacing you. I can’t…” Steve straightened, shouldering his bag with his eyes closed as he took a moment to put himself back to rights, ”It’s okay, Tony, don’t worry about it.”

“That’s not going away anytime soon.”
@kel