DC-DCTVU-1

549 Posts
23 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,517
How could be very, very difficult to figure out, but Christian did have faith that if anyone could figure it out and make it seem easy, it would be Tony Stark. One or more of him. It was easy to nod along with Tony’s insistence that they’d figure it out as they went and wouldn’t force Christian to create endless amounts of magical items. It was easy because Christian believed him, and the depth of Christian’s faith in the man assuaged that little voice in the back of his mind that wanted to argue, to tell him that this was a lie.

Hope for the best but plan for the worst. That was such a Tony thing for him to say, to think. But it wasn’t wrong, either; if you planned for the worst, then you would be prepared if it happened. But hope was important, too.

A cycle of work and rest… Like a workweek? That made sense, even Christian, who enjoyed his work, both professionally as well as magically, needed to take a break every now and then. And weekends meant that he’d have time for his own things, for spending time with Belle, and…. And then Tony lost Christian entirely. More than a year off? That didn’t make any sense. “Who ever needs to take a year off from work?” His eyes narrowed as he considered the concept, looking at Tony even as they widened again, “I’m not lazy, Tony. If I work for you, I’ll work. I’ll pull my own weight. I’m just concerned about running out of ideas.” Christian was creative and adaptable; he knew that he’d be able to come up with plenty of things… But what happened when the well went dry? But if Tony was saying that he could take time off… He could visit other worlds and find inspiration.

The tiny piece of metal was a little shield, round and smooth with a groove to be held by some toy or another. He clutched it in the palm of his hand, holding the magic in place with all the rest of him. The area that he protected was small, just big enough for the two of them, the rubble falling down around them but doing no damage to either of them, never touching them, an invisible barrier preventing both men from being harmed.

Chris almost didn’t make out the word that Tony spoke, he was so focused on his magic, so distracted by the destruction around them. But he heard, a frown twisting his lips, “Tony? Are you okay?” His voice was still tight and rough. The name wasn’t his; there were Steve’s in Hub, and Christian wasn’t sure if Tony was trying to call for one of them using a communication device, or if he had been hit in the head before Chris had gotten the shield in place. He looked up, brown eyes searching to see if there were any indications of wounds or worse, a concussion. “Once this all stops, I’ll see if I can call for help with magic. We’ll get out of here.”

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

334 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,821
It was the fucking toy Captain America shield.

Debris hit it, scattering around them harmlessly, Chris-Steve holding steady with that too damn familiar half worried scowl of concentration, the impacts creating a halo that lightened his hair-

Fuck him.

Fucked.

He was fucked.

‘Tony are you ok?’

Nope not even slightly.

But of course his voice answered, distorted by the helmets systems- “Yeah im fine kid.” Because what the hell else was he going to say to the massive realization he’d just been shoved face first into.

“How long can you hold that up?” Turning to the practical when faced with emotional uncertainty yep that was him to.

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

549 Posts
23 Threads
Nyte

What, he wasn’t allowed to frown when he was concentrating on keeping both of them alive?! Sue him, but Christian wasn’t really feeling comfortable with looking up at the guy trapped under his shield with him. But as focused as he was on his magic and the hail of building falling around them, Chris did catch the name that Tony uttered.

The world was falling in on them, and it was Steve Tony was thinking about. That thought brought a soft smile to the magician’s lips and he did look up at Tony then. “I’m sure he’s fine too, Tony. We’ll get you back to Steve, and I’ll be there waiting for Safi when he comes back.” With bells on.

It never even occurred to him that it was his own headcanon spilling over when he likened Tony’s concerns for Steve to his own for Safi.

How long? Long enough. He had to. “I can do this all day if I have to.”
Marvel-MCU-1

334 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,821
Chris’s - his - steves mouth softened, that fucking smile -

Nope.

Just one big fucking nope.

Resolutely turning his sensors upwards Tony deep scanned the debris piling up above them - “This is more the the workshop.” the suit speakers modulated his voice, but the stress was still audible. “Friday get me a sounding.” the sonar ping radiated outwards mapping the distance to free air - “Well damn.”

‘All day if I have to.’

“You might just.” Tony slipped into the nanite code modifying the suits exoskeleton - “How much pressure can that shield handle? I can cut us out...but getting the debris not to fall back ontop is going to be a problem.”

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

549 Posts
23 Threads
Nyte

If anyone in his world was Steve Rogers, it would be Safi Wassem. They even looked alike! And if it wasn’t Safi, then it would have to be the other ‘best’ person Chris knew, because Belle…

“Oh no.” The words were a murmured gasp followed by a name that was nearly strangled, “Belle.” The feeling in the word was visceral, filling the small space. “She was supposed to come for lunch….” He reached down to his chest, brushing his fingers against the amulet hidden under his shirt.

Alive. Not terribly far, but alive. Thank god. “Go a bit slowly, let it hit and then shift down around us using the shield as a slide and it’ll be fine. Dump everything down on us at once and I can’t promise I can hold it all back without making our bubble smaller than would be comfortable.”

He could hold this for a very long time, though. “We’ll be fine. We’re more likely to run out of air before I run out of energy to fuel the spell.”

@kel