Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Christian VerglasI Brought Pie?
DC-DCTVU-1

511 Posts
22 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,455
It had been awhile since he had seen his angel friend, Castiel. After the events in the Wandering Moon when he had met both Sune and Gabriel for the first time, Christian had sort of… laid low, at least when it came to celestial beings and gods. He wasn’t looking for trouble, and then soon after that he had become quite distracted with his orb, which was fortunate, because at very least it distracted him thoroughly from the situation with Safi and him. And the situation between Safi and Tony.

It was really better that he not think of those things.

So when Belle had offered him an entire apple pie, well… Who didn’t love apple pie? Castiel was sure to like it, right? And Castiel’s...whatever they were… Dean, he was sure to like it. Unless he was weird like Safi, and then…

He wasn’t thinking about that.

That way led to tears and heartache, and Christian was sick and tired of feeling that way. Better to focus on his magic, on what the orb let him discover and do. Better yet to focus on the pie box he was carrying to the strange home where he knew his angelic friend lived with his… Family? There were plenty of types of family, and if he considered Safi family of his, then that meant that his was where Castiel and his family lived.

He rapped on the door with magic that amplified his gentle knock so that it would be heard within the way a wooden door would sound in a closed room, calling out, “Hello, I’m looking for Castiel?”

@starkly
Supernatural-N/A

114 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

All Accounts Posts: 480
Dean had had spent the last forty-five minutes rocking, bottle-feeding, singing, and generally doing everything in his power to coax Sera--the baby version--into sleep. He was...getting used to this dad thing, he thought. At least when he didn't think too much about it. All that really mattered was, he loved Cas and things were pretty okay there, and Cas had a kid, and that meant Dean was going to do what he could for her.

He'd finally slid the baby onto the crib mattress, then closed the door softly behind him and breathed a sigh of relief when the baby monitor showed her still sleeping. He thought sometimes about how his dad had taken to the road with a kid and a baby and sometimes he could barely wrap his head around it.

Which was why he tried to avoid thinking too much about the dad thing.

He wandered over to the cabinet and pulled out a bottle of whiskey, pouring a few fingers into a glass and taking a grateful sip. That was when the knock came on the door, a little too loud--magic loud--and a voice called out looking for Cas.

Dean put the glass down with a sigh, and went to open the door. "He's not here," Dean said gruffly. "Who are you?"

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

511 Posts
22 Threads
Nyte

Christian was… Struggling. Most of the time, he half felt like he was drowning, the water of his life, his feelings, his situation well over his head, swirling around him like a giant whirlpool that he couldn’t swim out of.

The orb he possessed was slowly becoming more and more a focal point for him, an escape from the frustrations and pain that encompassed the rest of his life. Magic was Christian’s sanctuary.

The magician knew two angels. Gabriel, to whom Chris prayed to each night, and the far more relatable Castiel, who was a friend to Christian rather than a rather intimidating celestial being. Today, Chris had needed a break. From the mansion, from his life, from the orb. And Belle had brought him one of her homemade apple pies (Belle made the best pie in any universe, of this Christian was fairly sure, and had gone to lengths to figure out. Thus far no universe had had a pie that was better than his sister’s.) and Chris had figured that Castiel deserved a break, so apple pie it was!

The man who stood in front of the door was small, unassuming, and well dressed. Christian’s brown hair was a bit tousled, and he looked tired, though that didn’t stop him from offering Dean a smile that quickly vanished with the gruff greeting and less than good news that Castiel wasn’t there. He took a step back, gripping the box in his hands just a bit more tightly, “Oh…” Blinking, Chris considered a moment, then offered Dean another smile, this one a bit more shy than the first, “I’m Christian, Castiel is a friend of mine? You must be Dean?” He hefted the box slightly as an offering, “I had thought to maybe share with you and Castiel. Belle, my sister, she makes the best pies.”

@starkly
Supernatural-N/A

114 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Oh.

On the one hand, this was Christian, the dude Can was always texting who Dean was definitely not jealous of in any way. On the other hand, he had pie.

"Yeah, come in," Dean said, moving aside to let Christian in. He gestured to the bottle of whiskey on the table. "Guess me and 'Jack' here could use the company. So, uh. How is Belle?"
@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

511 Posts
22 Threads
Nyte

There weren’t all that many people that could claim they knew an angel, let alone two. Chris could. And to be able to say that one of those angels was one with whom he was close enough to to call a friend? Yeah, probably even less, and Christian could do that, too. But Dean definitely had him beat. So he’d brought something nice for Dean and Castiel, hoping that they could sit and talk and maybe….

Maybe they could both be his friends. Because that would be nice. To have friends that he could go talk to, hang out with. Text when he was lonely.

He smiled when Dean ushered him in, eyes bright. Good, this was a good start. Chris might have been more comfortable had Castiel been there, because he already knew Cas and that would make it easier, but this was good. He could talk to Dean without anyone else there. Jack was a reference to the whiskey. Chris nodded as he moved to set the pie box on the table as well, “She’s… She’s okay. Good. Opened her own cafe.” He smiled, “She’s had a lot of adventures since she’s come to Hub. And I think… I think maybe I’m just being selfish here, but I kind of hope that she doesn’t have anymore. Because one of these times she’ll get hurt. Or…” Chris blinked, “Or worse. You know?”

Looking down, Chris fidgeted slightly, “So.. Um..” He gestured to Dean, “You’re Cas’ Dean.”

@starkly
Supernatural-N/A

114 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Dean opened the pie box as soon as it hit the table, snagging a piece of crust and popping it into his mouth. "Mm. Good," he declared.

But his expression sobered as Chris spoke. He knew--God did he know--what it meant to be responsible for a kid sibling, and one who couldn't stay out of trouble no less. He remembered, as he still did sometimes in nightmares or when life got a little too quiet, Sam laid out pale and quiet on the table at Bobby's. Sam tumbling into the cage.

He shook himself, taking a bracing swig of the whiskey before he could trust himself to answer. "Yeah, I've, uh, been there," he said awkwardly, then cleared his throat. "But hey. Cafe. Moving up in the world."

He blinked at Chris's description of him. Since he'd stopped being "John's son" everywhere he went, no one had really called him anyone's anything.

"The one and only," he said with only a touch of sarcasm, then poured Chris a drink when slid it over to him because, hey, he could be an okay host. "Speaking of He'll be back in a few hours. What do you want with him, anyway?"

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

511 Posts
22 Threads
Nyte

Dean liked the pie. Good! Pie was one of those things that people should enjoy, that they should be able to share and bond over. Especially Belle’s pie. He really hadn’t been kidding when he’d said she made the best pies, she really did. “Glad you like it.”

Of course Christian worried about Belle. She was his sister, it was natural to worry about your family, especially when she was one of very, very few people you considered to be that close to you. But he also accepted that she wanted to have adventures, and so he smiled and wished her luck and hugged her and loved her and worried about her every day until he saw her again. It was exhausting. He had nightmares while she was away. He worried. He didn’t talk to anyone about it, he didn’t want to push his troubles onto anyone else, but it was there, and he acknowledged it in order to deal with it quietly, taking his time.

Chris nodded, “I’ve never owned something like that, but Belle… It’s perfect for her, I think.” He smiled, “And I don’t think I’ve ever had the chance to thank you. For helping her, supporting her, and being her friend when she went on that first adventure.”

In Christian’s mind, Dean was ‘Cas’ Dean’ because of the conversations that he and the angel had shared. The similarities in their situations had been so many, and the angels yearning so much like his own that Chris had simply considered the man through that point of view. He winced at the sarcasm, his eyes dropping to the table for a moment, “Sorry. It’s just that I…” He wouldn’t give the angel’s feelings away, he wouldn’t do that to his friend, but… “I’ve heard of you mostly from him, you know? And from Belle, but…” he shrugged, unable to explain without betraying his angelic friend.

He blinked at the question and then smiled shyly, “Well, though I was hoping Castiel would be here, too, I had actually, um, come to meet you.” He shifted slightly, “I’d hoped to, maybe, get to know you.” To be friends, he didn’t say, because that would just sound pathetic.

@starkly
Supernatural-N/A

114 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

"Thank me?" Dean said, giving a sharp laugh around a mouthful of pie. "Your sister can take care of herself. Believe me. I was along for the ride."

There was something weird about the way Chris responded to Dean's comment, but he shrugged it off. "No big. I'm all getting used to the idea of being Cas's anything." His brow furrowed as Chris explained. The idea that anyone wanted to meet him for anything other than hunting purposes was probably even harder to wrap his head around. "Well, you met me," he said with a self deprecating laugh. "So what do you think? Do I live up to the hype?"

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

511 Posts
22 Threads
Nyte

Chris nodded slowly at Dean’s assertion. He didn’t disagree with the fact that Belle could take care of herself, far from. “Well sure she can. She survived Gotham far better than I ever did. Still, it’s been good to know that when she was out on her adventures, she had someone there to have her back, just in case. To smile at her and let her know that she was okay.” Belle had shared some stories from her quests, of course, and Christian was glad she hadn’t been alone, or with people who weren’t supportive. He’d admit to being just a tiny bit jealous that she’d gone on an adventure with Captain American (not the Steve who was his friend, a different one) but he’d been glad she’d had so many people on her side.

There was no way that Christian was going to open his big fat mouth and out Castiel to Dean if the man didn’t already know. No. Way. First of all, Castiel was his friend, and Chris was a loyal friend. Second, this particular friend was an angel, and that… That was something altogether different. Chris and Belle had spent their youth praying and going to mass and talking about angels and God. To actually meet a real life angel? That had been one of the best things Chris had ever experienced, right up there with finding out about his magic and what he could do with it.

He’d met Dean. Sure, yes, but… “I’m not sure I can say I know you well enough to have a real, educated opinion, but I think so.” He smiled to Dean, “You’re nice, a good host, and you like pie. Those are some very good qualities in a person I’ve just met.”

@starkly
Supernatural-N/A

114 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

"Gotham?" Dean said. He knew, sorta, that that's where they were from, but it hadn't come up specifically on the quest and it was too freaking cool to ignore. "You do mean, like, Gotham Gotham. Do you know Batman? I mean, when I was a kid, he was my fuckin hero."

It was probably a stupid ass question. Dean couldn't quite bring himself to care. BATMAN.

He scoffed, disarmed by Chris's genuine praise. No one talked like that, except maybe Cas, but his blunt honestly cut both ways.

"Well, you're a terrible judge of character," he said, only half joking. "I'm not that nice. I don't host... anyone. Ever. But hey, pie! Pie is good."

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

511 Posts
22 Threads
Nyte

“Gotham. Belle lived there for a long time.” Chris made a face, “Terrible place, if you ask me, which… You didn’t. Sorry, I only went one trip visiting Belle without getting mugged out of all of them, so… not the best place.” He blinked, “As far as I know there’s only the one city named Gotham. On my world, anyway.” It was totally possible that Dean was referring to another… Oh, no, that was his Gotham. His world. “Um, no, I’ve never actually met him. Pretty sure I saw him once, but there’s a lot of capes in Gotham, trying to help people, so can’t be sure that it was him. But I met one of the other capes!” Chris sat up straighter, a grin breaking out over his face, “Her name was Artemis, and she was awesome. There was this lady getting mugged, and I… Um…” he blushed slightly, “Well, I wasn’t going to just let her be mugged, right? So I stepped in, and, well, I’d have been much worse off if she hadn’t gotten involved.”

He went quiet for just a moment before blinking and pulling out his phone, “I got a picture of the flash on here…” He flipped through his pictures, “I live in Central City; Mr. Luthor moved his headquarters there, and that’s where Safi and I work. He’s a bodyguard, and I’m a PA. Here!” It wasn’t all that much of a picture, there was a red lightning-ish blur with a face that was fuzzy but could be made out, saluting toward the camera playfully. It wasn’t a selfie or anything so ridiculous; Chris had just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Chris sat back, “You know, I might believe you except that so far, none of the people I’ve liked have turned out to be really bad. Belle. Safi. Tony and Steve. All good people. Cas is an angel,” he spoke the word with a little bit of awe still, “And I’ve met Gabriel and the other Tony. So maybe I’m just a really good judge of character and some people just don’t think very highly of themselves.” He smiled easily, “And pie isn’t just good. If you’re saying Belle’s pie is only just ‘good’ then I’m going to wonder about your tastebuds.”

@starkly
Supernatural-N/A

114 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

"Yeah, they uh, they don't really make it sound like such a shithole on the Saturday morning cartoons," Dean said. As Chis described his encounters with 'capes,' his smile spread, and he chuckled to himself slightly at the picture of the Flash. "It's freaking crazy, you know. Superheroes being real and all. When I was a kid, man..." he trailed off, taking another swig. The alcohol was finally starting to loosen him up a little. "I mean, I thought my dad was like a superhero. But this? This is fucking nuts."

Then he narrowed his eyes. "Hold up. Mr. Luther. Lex Luthor? Creepy-ass bald dude?" he echoed, like maybe somehow he'd heard wrong. "You know he's a supervillain, right? Batman's nemesis? All around bad guy?"

He was still getting used to the idea of superheroes existing. But supervillains? And the way Chris had mentioned him, like he didn't KNOW. Or, shit, what if he did? Dean did not want to get caught up in that crap, but it wasn't like he could ignore what he'd heard.

"Oh, yeah, and uh most angels are dicks," he added distractedly, still eyeing Chris with a deepening concern.

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

511 Posts
22 Threads
Nyte

Chris chuckled at Dean’s words, “Well, I’d imagine not. But… I mean there’s a reason that Gotham needs Batman, you know? Gotham has the most capes of… anywhere.” It was slang, the word ‘capes’, not a derisive term or anything, just one of those things that became more popular than the word ‘heroes’ or ‘superheroes’ in a world where people running around at night dressed in costumes and fighting crime wasn’t all that uncommon. Chris grinned, “The Flash is awesome, Dean. He just zips around all of Central City, stopping crime and helping people and… Central City is a great place to live.”

Blinking at Dean’s sudden shift in gears, Chris nodded slowly, “Mr. Luthor, yes, Alexander, but people refer to him by ‘Lex’ sometimes, I guess. He owns Lexcorp…” Chris stared at Dean like the man had grown a third eye, “Are you joking? Mr. Luthor owns the company I work for, Dean. I mean, I don’t know him to know if he’s creepy or not; Miss Mercy is his PA, not me. But he’s not a bad guy. He gives a lot of people jobs, good ones with good pay and benefits, and he does charity work. Does that sound like a supervillain?” Chris tipped his head, “Besides, Mr. Luthor’s headquarters are in Central City. Batman is more than halfway across the country in Gotham. Kind of hard for them to be nemeses long distance, isn’t it?” Chris couldn’t imagine his boss (okay, more like his boss’ boss) being some sort of supervillain. It was mind boggling.

Most angels are dicks. Chris blinked at the words. Okay, now this was getting ridiculous. “They’re angels, though. They’re… Castiel is one of the sweetest people I’ve met here, he’s so far away from being a dick it’s…” Chris shook his head, brown eyes wide and concerned, “Do you mean that Castiel and Gabriel are the exceptions, then?”

@starkly
Supernatural-N/A

114 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

"Dude, I'd love to see the Flash," Dean said. "And, first of all, Gabriel is a dick. One time he killed me over and over again and made my brother watch like some kind of fucked up Groundhog Day. Oh, yeah, and then he made us act out a herpes commercial." Okay, without context, probably sounded weird. "Take my word for it. Dick. The rest of them are more the let's-kill-half-of-humanity-and-not-give-a-shit variety."

He had to laugh as Chris asked if Lex Luthor sounded like a villain. "Superman!" he said, realizing his mistake. "Superman's nemesis. Not Batman's. I mean, I watched the cartoons as a kid, I'm not, like, a fuckin' nerd about it." But as he spoke, his expression started to shift to be more serious. If this was real, and it sounded like it was, this dude was really working for an evil sonofabitch and didn't know it. Who knew what kind of sketchy shit his company was getting up to? "But you ask if I'm sure, then, yeah. I'm sure. In our world Lex Luthor is, like, the ultimate supervillain. World famous. So I don't know man. Maybe yours is different, but I'd probably want to check up on what that company's doing if I were you."

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

511 Posts
22 Threads
Nyte

“He’s the nicest one of all of them. Or at least, I think so.” They went from the Flash to angels in the span of a breath, and Christian frowned at what Dean had to say about the archangel that Christian had met and even defended. (Against a goddess. Of love. Ugh, he was still sorry for offending her, even if he continued to think that she could have handled the encounter with Gabriel more diplomatically.) “That…” He frowned, “That doesn’t sound like the archangel that listens to my prayers and came to defend me against a goddess…” But then again, people were complicated, and Christian had never been able to claim a complete understanding of humans, let alone of angels. “Why would angels want to kill half of humanity, though? That doesn’t even make sense. We’re God’s creations, living beings, and He says that all life is sacred.”

The sudden return to heroes was unexpected, and Dean’s words left him looking as confused as he felt. “Huh?” Brow furrowing, Christian tipped his head as he looked at Dean, “Superman? I’m not sure I know who you’re talking about, Dean.”

Mr. Luthor a villain. The idea was preposterous! At least… It was in his universe. Or at least, he thought it was… Chris sighed, “We’re a conglomerate. Started out as in aerospace and now it’s… A little bit of everything. But I’ve never heard of Mr. Luthor being accused of anything illegal. The company treats all of us employees extremely well.. Maybe he’s a bad guy in some other world, but on mine he saves a lot of lives and helps a lot of people.”

@starkly