OC-OC

43 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 870
Raani laughed easily at the words she felt more than heard. She wiggled in her brother's grip to push him around just a smidge. "There are those who are content with stagnant water as well, it doesn't change that it is not a natural state, and eventually becomes rather unpleasant. I do not blame you for enjoying this place, I simply wish I could as well."

Raani desired more than almost anything to spread her power here. To prepare these people for a new life. Lay them to a proper rest, give them a rebirth free of their past troubles. Other visits in the underworld had been less troubling for her, as her domain was already surrounding her, they were not so bound to the one end of the cycle.

She smacked her brother's eyebrows down automatically, knowing exactly what that tone meant he was doing, even if she couldn't actually see them from the angle she stood at. "After being threatened death from both our parents, forgive me if I'm a little eager to please." She grumbled, still enjoying his hold too much to actually care if he was teasing. "At least I haven't gone to his home with the sole purpose of cleaning. Tell me, when you haven't been asked to, how does that make you less of a teacher's pet-"

Raani paused, elbowing her brother slightly. "I swear if this is a remark on my preferred forms, I may have to drag you to mother to face her wrath. You know how she feels about disrespect to snakes." Her eyes flicked to those of the beast, her tongue thinning and elongating to truly hiss that last word. She turned her head an unnatural amount, playfully snapping her fangs at him.

Snapping back to the here and now at the sound of Sarah's voice, Raani returned to her human state to look at the priestess with a furrowed brow.

The fear was all the young goddess needed to force the puzzle pieces into one solid image. Raani had been trying not to face the fact that she knew without a doubt. Had tried to keep her brain from connecting the dots- but there was no avoiding it now. Speaking softly to her brother, Raani began with a sigh. "Why would mother and father bar their return to this reality? Why would father have any reason to fear his children if he could handle his second born? We are the first ones born near each other since the beginning I believe- so we are the only two young who are active threats to even one of their siblings. Certainly when they get older- but if older gods scared father, why would mother keep her young from him? Why would she be unafraid to introduce us now? He is afraid to see us warped, to become someone who would threaten himself and Adhira."

Turning her attention back to the priestess, Raani carefully pushed her brother's arms off, muscles tensing in order to remain stable under the deluge of wrongness. She took a halting step forward, then two, until she found herself close enough to wrap her arms around the mortal woman, so full of fear. "Rudra lives in this universe still." Raani finished, hating the ring of truth to her words.

Her second eldest sibling. As the second youngest, she could only hope with everything she was that her situation would be a complete opposite of their brothers. Her fingers were going bone white where she held this woman. This soul who had been out of the embrace of rebirth for so long that Raani had to take calming breaths to keep herself from moving Sarah on. The bile in her mouth grew until she finally threw herself back into her brother's embrace, shuddering uncontrollably.

Keeping as steady eye contact as she could despite her state, she gave Sarah a shaky smile. "Listen to my words carefully High Priestess, without the consent of Our Lady Adhira, My Lord Seth, and yourself, you will never be forced from this place. Even if the three of you agree on that, it does not mean you must be bound to this universe. When it comes time for your new life, the love I hold for my Mistress means that I will give you a birth in any universe you desire." Her words turned to metal, chains wrapping around her wrists before they sank into her skin, leaving thin black lines in their place.

"You have nothing to fear from me." She managed idly before her throat closed with sudden exhaustion, content to let her brother do the speaking for her. It was not easy to bind herself to such a restricting oath- particularly not when she was surrounded by pressure on all sides that made it hard to breath, let alone think.

@kel @eve
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,498
Sarah was amused watching the two younger gods. She wondered how old they were in relation to how old Seth and Adhira had been when she had first met them… It was hard to tell; the two never really spoke about their ages, only to imply that they were very, very old in comparison to a human lifetime. These two seemed so much younger than their parents had been when they’d run their resort on Santa Luca, but Sarah hoped that was in part because their lives had been far more peaceful and happy than Adhira and Seth’s had been by their age.

While Sarah missed her goddess, she could still feel her presence from the Underworld. It was far away, but it was present. And Seth did drop by from time to time to visit and keep her and Julie company. When Bes defended his sister, Sarah raised her hands up to show she had meant to insult, but she shook her head at Bes’ words, denying both that the blessing of her Goddess and her friend would guarantee her a happy and protected life, or that he could ensure such a thing.

She knew better. The blessings of Adhira and Seth would only mark her for attention, the sort she really didn’t want. Julie hadn’t ever been a priestess, not of any god, and she had still… Sarah’s voice was quiet, subdued, but even. “You can’t kill the belief people have in evil.”

The hug was unexpected, but Sarah’s arms wrapped around Raani in return, if tentatively. When Raani moved away, Sarah offered her a small smile, and then blinked, eyes going wide at the vow, “Oh you didn’t have to do that.” She shook her head, “It’s not you I’m afraid of.” Her eyes travelled back to Bes, “He’s not a cruel god either, no matter what the old stories said, no matter how people railed against death, it’s a sort of peace when it comes. Like a gentle blanket. It’s something you only know about him when he comes to you and gives you that sad, regretful smile and offers his hand to you.” Of course Seth had brought Sarah to the Underworld personally. His wife’s first priestess.

“When I met them, they were innkeepers on a beautiful little island known for the longevity of its people and the way people seemed to heal there…” She settled into a chair, needing to sit to tell her story, “He hadn’t diminished the way she had - everyone, he said to us once, or maybe more than once, prays about death in the end, either for the release of it, for it to be peaceful and gentle, or for it to please not come for them now. But nearly everyone prayed to him or some other death god in the end. But Adhira, she was in a worse way. It’s…” Sarah looked up at the two godlings, “It’s a very long story. Have you ever heard the stories of your parents? Before my time, I mean, before they were together? The mythologies about them?”

@kel
@alex
OC-OC

55 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Says the snake.” he quipped at her stagnant water comment, wiggling his eyebrows comically. Her discomfort was his; Bes was too intune with his twin to not feel the ghost of her itch as his own, and want to soothe it and her. He loved her. And if poking her, joking with her, being a silly little brother god distracted her...well of course he was going to act the part!

Including a small whine as she slapped his wiggling detached eyebrows, “Meanie.”

“Mother also has a sense of humor.” he muttered with little brother grievance.

Ranni was always the smarter of the twins, finding the picture in the puzzle before he did, ruin needed to understand order, or at least he had always assumed that was why she seemed a half step ahead of him his entire life.

The picture she laid out was perfect. And terrifying. He knew their Mother was not all powerful, but every battle she returned victorious from, no matter the odds, no matter the opponent, their Mother was a goddess of victory even if she held no claim to that title. Her sword and spear had taken more Battle, War, Luck gods than he could could and she always returned, bloodstained and shining with new power.

Undefeated.

“What is he?” Bes whispered trying to picture a god BOTH his parents would fear so deeply they would bar their own home universe away. Because if Ranni was right-(and she always was, she was his big sister and when she said something was true he believed her-) Than it was not Love but Fear that kept that door sealed.

His arms closed around her again, holding her close physically and with in his aura, spending his small power recklessly into her shuddering body. Worry nibbled at his heels, and all he cared about in this moment was making his sister feel safe again. “Rai-!” his pet name was bitten off, damn her! He knew why she bound herself so, but MUST she do it in this second? “Stupid sister.” he grumped, shifting into a huge tawny gold bear, paws draped over her shoulders, tugging her into a warm furry hug.

The High Priestess answered his question in a roundabout fashion. “Mother has killed ‘evil’ gods before.” he commented with a frown, “She IS one in a few universes.” there was power in fear and hate just as there was in love and adoration, and Adhira was a pragmatic, and unforgiving Goddess when slighted.

“No. Not really, we only met or knew of our Father recently. Mother kept her universes devoid of any other major god besides her.” And them clearly. Well really Raani, since Bes considered himself if anything a minor god, unwilling to go to the lengths his family did for power.

Of course there was a power, belief in ‘Home’ that he tapped into passively even when not directed to him.

@alex
@eve
OC-OC

43 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 870
Raani snorted in what could only be described as an unflattering manner, leaning back even further into the warm embrace and flicking his cheek with the forked end of her now elongated tongue.

She grinned at him. "So does father. He responded far more pleasantly to tales of our dinner antics than mother ever did." Raani offered, doing her best to make that comment as cool and smooth as possible- she didn't believe her brother would be upset about her sharing stories with their father- though she did feel that it was only fair for him to know that what had transpired.

It had never been that ruin needed to understand order. Truly, you didn't need to in order to cause immeasurable destruction- that being said... Raani was goddess of rebirth. Goddess of the cycle- and ruin was only half of the cycle.

Just as she was more the shepherd of the dead than the living, she was the bringer of ruin rather than order- but both tasks were done in order to create room for new growth. Even order would fall to disarray if it was not trimmed back. There was only so much organization one could maintain, and the tendency of the world was towards entropy.

Even then, the main reason she understood so well was the memories her father had shared. The danger of this god who had once been family.

Raani didn't speak up at her brother's question. Not because she was trying to withhold information- but because she wasn't certain. She had a fairly clear picture of what her eldest brother had been. The two of them being of similar enough domains for her to connect with the emptiness where his power had once been. Rudra however was beyond her knowledge- though she knew some of the things that he had done for power.

She smiled slightly at the pet name her brother began before she was once more wrapped in his arms. His furry form was admittedly surprising- but it was her brother and she didn't care. He was warm and soft and he clearly knew what kind of cuddles she needed.

Raani laughed slightly. "I am an evil god in some universes. Evil may be the opposite of good, but just like death, it is the balance of the two that makes anything of value. Speaking as the Goddess of ruin, there is only value to destruction when balanced with new life."

Taking a deep breath, her volume dropped to a chilling whisper. "Even though it might mean having to raze everything to the ground and begin again."

She gave a deep sigh at her brother's comment. "I know a little more, yet today was still only my second conversation with my father. I know that there are other noteworthy gods in my mother's realms. Siblings of ours who fell into place in their pantheon. Bes has seen them as well, but only through my eyes. Likewise, the little I truly know of-" She sucked in a hard breath, throat dry with residual emotions from the memories her father had shared without intention. "The little I truly know of Kayin." Raani started again. "I learned from the eyes of my father."

It seemed wrong to share what she knew. A betrayal of her father's confidence to tell others of the piece of his mind she had been given the opportunity to see. "I have seen through his eyes, heard through his ears. I have watched him-" She paused, self editting. She would share the memories with her brother later if he accepted the offer- that was never in question. Even for the sake of others, she didn't keep secrets from Bes. The only ones she withheld were the ones that would hurt Bes himself. "- Interact with a woman named Julie. Seen him-"

Raani paused again, cheeks flaring red at the other memories she had been shared. They had at the time been lost amongst pain and sadness, but she could all too vividly recall the sensation of a man bracing his legs on her father's lap-

She squeaked finally in an attempt to move to a new thought. "Know! I've seen him... know Cameron. Seen the two men speaking with you. Speaking of you. Of Kayin. Of mother. Of the war of Gods." Coughing slightly to clear her throat, she added a second thought. "As well, we serve both Our Lord and Our Lady in equal measures since we have met father- and very few priests are hesitant to tell stories to the daughter of their master or mistress."

@eve @kel
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,498
No, it had not been love that had caused her goddess and her husband to flee their home, to hold her and a few others they had kept close to them in life here in netherworld. The twins acted like, well, twins, and that brought a smile to Sarah’s face. To think that Adhira and Seth had these two lovely gods as children. It was something to think that Seth allowed them to stay together like this… But then, it had been a very long time. Perhaps long enough even for the god to have finally made his peace with their shared past. She hoped so.

The whispered question the young god asked was answered by an equally murmured answered, “Their son.” It had been a heart wrenching thing to have lived through, to watch her friend and her goddess struggle to handle such a terrible series of events… These two gods, they didn’t know. How could they not?

Or maybe, Sarah had to admit, was it so difficult to imagine Adhira and Seth not speaking of those painful events? They had obviously attempted to put it behind them, to dwell on it no further and leave the matter no longer spoken of. But those who did not learn history were doomed to repeat it.

The binding, the shifting of forms, Sarah noticed, she watched, but she didn’t quail at the sight, at the power. She had watched a friend turn into a great beast to run and to fight. Her goddess, when they had first met, had sometimes possessed the eyes of a serpent, and Sarah had still not turned away. And she was made of far sterner stuff now than she was then. Instead of commenting on the godlings’ show of power, she instead answered Raani’s words with a question, “And if that balance is broken? When evil overcomes good? What then?”

Kayin. Poor, sweet boy. Oh, he’d been a man when he had died; a god in his own right, but Sarah remembered the day he’d come into the world, just a little thing. “He shared about Kayin with you?” That was actually a bit of a surprise to the priestess. “Kayin was a good boy. We were all so close back then. Seth and Adhira, meeting them only strengthened our bonds, and when we won, when we were all finally reunited, it was so good, to have a family again. Julie was one of my closest friends. Cam was his,” there was only a slight hesitation, “High Priest. And I was Adhira’s priestess.” She laughed at Raani’s hesitance to acknowledge Cameron and Seth’s relationship, “I’m sure you did.” She looked out over Seth’s realm almost as though she expected to see something that she obviously didn’t.

“You misunderstand,” she told Bes, “There are evil gods and then there is the god of evil.”

@kel
@moon