Marvel-MCU-1

97 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 850
Bucky was a soldier. He had been trained to take sleep where he could, when he could, and how to tell when it was no longer an option. He also knew that he had a notable period of time post 'should sleep' and pre 'Need to sleep' in which he simply became more and more paranoid and twitchy. With how often he had sat up at the princess's bedside, waiting for her eyes to open-

Well. Bucky probably needed sleep. Unfortunately, he was also too paranoid to lie down and leave the two of them vulnerable to attack.

He smiled at her request, reaching into his bag to pull out the smaller bag inside which contained a change of clothes for her- and yes. A mirror and some oil. "I may not have but I didn't know what climate or atmosphere this realm had so I brought your things in case we had to kill time or that you wanted something nicer to wear than what I had dressed you in." Bucky offered easily, as though he hadn't spent a good hour trying to figure out what to bring for her. As though his face wasn't burning red from the memory of having to dress the princess- grateful that she had underwear on since that was not something he would forget easily. It still wasn't but it haunted him less than it could've.

Bucky cleared his throat lightly, trying to keep the topic upbeat. "And butcher? Does that mean you don't like it?"

He shook his head with frustration. "Tributary unfortunately. There's a larger lake down hill, but it's hard to climb to which is probably why it's not inhabited." He paused slightly to organize his thoughts before he spoke again. "A bag to carry food in. Something to cook food in. Or on. An axe. Netting."

Bucky laughed automatically, his hands going up to cup his face as he groaned with laughter. "You always know what to say to get what you want. How about today, we'll stay here, I'll do my very best impression of a nurse- and then tomorrow we'll go over this topic again?" He offered easily, stoking the fire and going back to sharpening various sticks.

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,691
Shuri’s eyebrows climbed into her unruly hairline at the items appearing from his pack. “A more paranoid girl would think you’d planned this. And decided to dip into regal kidnapping.” She commented taking the produced items a touch dubiously.

Also wait- “Dressed in?” Because yes thank you she’s caught that.

Shuri looked down automatically at what she HAD assumed she’d been dressed in her medical room. But if he was saying what she thought he was-

“Oh no you did not.” Shuri was not a violent woman, she preferred to get even via pranks and irritating technology tricks. The problem was right at this moment she was more helpless and useless than ever in her life. That frustration, anger, and trapped thwarted energy bleed out into a need to react physically.

“Aarggguhhh!”

Like Leaping at Bucky her hands outstretched to throttle him; yes she was angry but her reaction was much much closer to a child’s rough housing than actual combat.

@alex
Marvel-MCU-1

97 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky rubbed his forehead with a laugh. "I certainly didn't plan to get stuck here overnight but I had to be prepared in case a storm separated us from the portal." He offered easily, amused with the way Shuri handled the items as though she were expecting them to bite.

And then she hooked on exactly the one part of the statement he had been hoping she'd ignore. He coloured further, cursing under his breath at his misfortune. Bucky took a deep breath to explain himself- moving to make her understand that while yes he had he had done everything he could to make it as quick as possible and that he had taken precautions to avoid seeing more than was absolutely required.

Of course by the time Bucky had finished collecting himself, Shuri had her hands wrapped around his throat and had knocked him flat on his back. He looked up at her with confusion for a brief moment before his trained kicked in. With one hand, he twisted her fingers free of their hold. One leg swung up to hook on hers while he used the twisting of his shoulders to flip the two of them.

Effectively leaving her, pinned underneath him, hands held in one of his own, above her head.

Bucky would be lying if he claimed he didn't find it an enticing picture. Enough so that he couldn't quite make himself move away just yet. Chuckling slightly, he made sure to hold his weight off of her with his free hand and led into his explanation. "I thought you might rather I not carry you through realities while wearing a backless hospital gown. Was I wrong?"

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Shuri wiggled knowing it was useless but refusing to give in with younger sibling stubbornness. “You never did really explain this plan. Just kidnapping and kissing me on a strange world was supposed to help?” wiggling her nose suspiciously at him Shuri met his eyes squarely- “You woke me up from a very nice dream.” she challenged, dark eyes sparkling with an ill defined emotion.

@alex
Marvel-MCU-1

97 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky prided himself on being cool and collected no matter the situation- but he was failing that reputation horribly at the moment. His heart was in his throat in the most cliched of fashions, and he could barely hear over the sound of it. Bucky swallowed hard as his eyes tracked the movement of Shuri's mouth, tempted to pull her body properly against his- Hell.

"I... spent some time searching for a way to make sure you were alright. One of my stops brought me face to face with death- who told me in no uncertain terms that if I brought you here and kissed you, you would be healthy again." He shuddered slightly at her words, the memory of her lips on his and her hands moving to explore his skin turning his own eyes nearly as dark as hers. "Trust me, If I thought you knew what you were doing, I wouldn't have done anything of the sort." He offered, trying to keep his voice neutral, but more than able to hear the way it drifted down in the register, becoming more of a growl.

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Shuri was playing with fire and only just discovered how attractive the heat could be. Barnes’s voice, that low desirous growl tightened things low in her belly, sending a flushing warmth through her that completely dissipated the chill from the cave. “Death seems like a silly person to get advice from.” licking her lips Shuri was almost certain that she’d had a more intelligent way of phrasing that but it had gotten lost somewhere between her brain and mouth after his voice dipped.

“What was I doing wrong?” Shuri really really couldn’t back down, and that was going to get her into trouble.

@alex
Marvel-MCU-1

97 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

If Shuri wasn't trying to pull Bucky's attention to her mouth, she was doing a terrible job of it. As it was, watching her tongue dart out to moisten her lips had Bucky leaning further into her space without thinking, lowering his weight ever so slightly to the point where he could feel her heat radiating out. He barked a laugh at her reply, flushed but not even caring for that at the moment. "Seemed like a good person to go to if I didn't want you to die." He murmured, his shoulders tensing slightly at the memory of her limp form in his arms, her chest scorched and twisted.

Those thoughts of worse times went clear from his mind when he heard her next words. This time he did growl, leaning close enough that he was certain she could feel his breath on her skin. "Let me reword. If I had thought you were aware of what you were doing. You seemed to have a pretty good grasp on the situation." He offered, wondering if she knew how close she was to breaking his self control.

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Shuri had a problem; that was she didn’t know when to stop talking- “Oh I thought I had a pretty good grasp on things before you woke me up.” Yep that was going to get her into ALL the trouble...and for just this wild moment Shuri really just wanted to stop being a good princess, because regardless of what some might think...she’d never actually done anything to make her family worry.

@alex
Marvel-MCU-1

97 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky groaned at her reply, his body taut with anticipation, and he wished for one brief moment that he could stop thinking about what he wanted. Stop trying to be Captain America. Forget everything that had happened and just be James Buchanan Barnes who always knew how to have a doll screaming his name.

But he wasn't that guy. Not anymore, too much had happened, and the twitch of his free, very cold, and metal hand was all that he needed to remember that. So instead of doing what he wanted- Instead of just letting go and kissing her until her lips were chapped and her body ached, he gave up his grasp on her wrists. Bucky propped himself up better and touched her cheek, remembering now, all too easily, that she was just barely in her adulthood- and Bucky was a century old.

He pulled one of her hands upwards, pressing a chaste kiss to her palm. "Princess." He started slowly, his voice still low despite his best intentions. "I want you. Something we're both well aware of as you point out. But I won't do anything. Not unless you ask me to." Bucky closed his eyes with a sigh, wishing for once that he could stop being so damn dumb. She was obviously interested. She was speaking as though she were willing to do pretty much anything.

But the second he thought of how much she'd regret this decision later, he cooled off more than enough to start pushing himself up and away from her.

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“I think Sargent Barnes-” Shuri rolled onto her side hiding her hurt expression from him; “That you should stop lying to yourself.” because if he actually wanted her, desired her, maybe loved her..well he wouldn’t keep running away now would he? Rejection mixed with shame stung her, Shuri was not as young as he kept imaging her, but she had been sheltered enough that she was almost as innocent as he thought in matters of the heart...or even just lust.

She wasn’t going to cry, but Baset damn it but she needed a moment where she couldn’t feel hi eyes digging into her spine. Wrapping the jacket that was her only option even if it did smell like him around her tighter Shuri slid to her feet, leaning on the wall “I’m gonna get some wood.” she muttered moving to the light at the end of the tunnel

@alex
Marvel-MCU-1

97 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky was afraid for a moment that he was going to cry. Let alone Shuri- Bucky hadn't truly cared for anyone- in a romantic sense- since his very first few crushes. After that, after it was clear to everyone that Steve wasn't going to grow much larger, it got much harder to get attached. Sure, the dolls he ran with were fun, and he was good at playing the romantic, but almost inevitably they insulted Steve and he broke it off with them.

Shuri was something else entirely. She was the first woman he could remember who would have him smiling like a dopey idiot with no work at all. Who he couldn't help but think about when she was out of his sight. Who he really truly wanted, in more than a physical sense. The images in his mind of her were more than sexual, he didn't just want to take her, he wanted to make love to her, show her how he felt about her.

But damn him if he had any idea how. He had asked if he could kiss her. And been rejected. He had gotten close to her, nearly kissed her, and been interrupted. She kissed him- because she was dying and trying to give him a nice farewell. He kissed her to try and bring her back and the thought of that kiss was enough to steal his breath away.

"FUCK!" He yelled finally, punching the wall, leaving a hand size dent where the vibranium struck it. No matter the inner turmoil he faced, Bucky had managed to think through that all before she made it to the end of the tunnel. Shooting to his feet, he ran the few steps to where she stood, grabbing her hand and pulling her back against him. "Princ-" He started, before taking in a breath and starting again. "Shuri. I'm not sure you understood me." He whispered, entirely too aware that he could be destroying anything she had ever felt for him.

Bucky swallowed hard before speaking again. "If you said yes- I wouldn't hesitate for a damn moment. But you've said no before, and I don't want to force anything on you, because when I kiss you for real- If. If I get to kiss you for real, I want it to be at least half as incredible for you as it will undoubtedly be for me." His voice dropped in volume, voice husky. "If you think that I haven't memorized every touch, every smile, every time I've had the pleasure of making you laugh- or hell, just being in the room when you laugh, you'd be wrong. There is little more that I'd like to memorize more than the look in your eyes before and after I kiss you."

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Shuri could not stop him from grabbing her, manhandling her, he called her by her title and in that moment she looked it, chin held reagaly up. Pride would not allow her to crumble in front of him, her birth rank, having that assumption of power and position since literally the cradle lent her an air of unconscious authority that belies her age, and when she chose to exercise the lessons of her mother. Well Shuri could cut a man at his knees with a look.

“I understand Quite Well Sargent.” each word was clipped out. “And I think It best we-” But he spoke over her, rushing above her, drowning her out before she could consign this day into the insanity it belonged to.

Confusion replaced distant, regal hauteur in her eyes; “I-” well hell this was a world she hadn’t explored, and shuri HATED diving into something with out proper research. Sure she’d read things but- “That almost sounds like you want to marry me.” she chuckled weakly trying to impart that of course he didn’t mean it like that.

@moon
Marvel-MCU-1

97 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky let go of her at those words. Not because he had any desire for her to be less than pressed firmly against his body. Not because he was suddenly less aroused and wanting of her. Rather- She was clearly out of her depths and he didn't need to push it. He went to take a respectful step backwards before he remembered how she had reacted the last time he had pulled away.

He took a moment to straighten his jacket around her shoulders, keeping his eyes down and away so that she could feel slightly less pressure. "Marriage seems like a bit much considering I haven't had the chance to kiss you properly once- but a relationship? Beyond a doubt. Part of the reason why I don't want to do anything that you'll regret- because it'll hurt me a whole lot more than regret."

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Shuri just sort of wanted to stamp her foot; which was more childish than she’d been in years. Damn it! She was supposed to be a mature woman now! Yet here she was and- “What if I just want to try being kissed?” Shuri pointed out. She felt a little cruel saying it but- “you took me by surprise, and that was months ago.” She pointed out. “I was worried you had a… Florence nightingale fixation since I was sort of your doctor.”

Shuri leaned on the cool cave wall “Do we really have to have such serious conversations?” The tone was a touch petulant but there was a serious question underneath.

@alex
Marvel-MCU-1

97 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky laughed. "Shuri, I was a soldier in world war two. I had plenty of attractive nurses tending to me- even a few solid weeks I was bedridden for. I would have known by now if that was likely to happen to me." He offered easily, shaking his head and pushing his hair back, forgetting it's length again.

And then she spoke again and- well. That was a certain amount of 'Huh.' running through his mind then. Because he kept simultaneously reminding himself that she was fairly young and then also forgetting that. He may be in a place in life where he was ready for seriousness, but that didn't mean she was. And he had no desire to wait until she was, which left him...

Aw hell. "We don't need to." Bucky added simply, before stepping further into her space and gently tilting her chin up. He smiled softly at her and leaned forward, slow enough that she could move, but not slow enough for his intentions to not be readily apparent. His other arm drifted to wrap around her waist and pulled her tight against him as he had been dreaming of- vividly for a few minutes- but in a more lowkey sense, just about as long as he had known her. Properly known her at least.

Bucky was grateful that he had brushed his teeth.
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Shuri just gave him an even look; she better than even he probably knew the difference between the experiences of the soldier he’d been then and the assassin he’d been forced to become.

It had been her that had delicately picked through The shattered wreck of his mind, sliding shards back into place, forming a picture that was as close to whole as she could manage, soothing over the places where there just wasn’t enough memory left to rebuild, giving him back the distance of time that had been brutally ripped from him during every reset.

In the cold premeditated light of the moment Shuri was just...uncomfortable, wiggling slightly against the rock at her back, a tiny confused line forming between her brows as he leaned in. Was it too much to ask for something less...brotherly like?

His lips touched hers and Shuri felt like sighing, he was being careful and well...dang it she wanted that rush of...you know that she’d felt before when he pinned her..

@alex
Marvel-MCU-1

97 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky could almost feel Shuri's disappointment through the kiss, something which shouldn't have made him want to laugh, but did. Sure she knew his time as a soldier and his time as an assassin- but she seemed to forget that there was a time before that when he was just your average lady killer- and more than capable of reading a woman's tells.

He smirked into the kiss, hand shifting from her chin to go for the back of the neck. If he were being honest, he would have gone for the hair, but he was not going to test out the varying tensile strength of hair varieties now. That was a science experiment for later. Especially because he was still uncertain how much hair would get caught in his metal joints.

His arm around her waist drifted lower as he pressed her up against the cave wall, moving to nip at her bottom lip. Internally he was just about growling, and had he been able to speak just then, he would have offered 'Better Princess?' though his eyes twisted with mirth regardless.

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Well.

Shuri’s lips moved against his, body beginning to tingle where she was pressed firmly against him, reminding her that she knew exactly how firm and hard that body really was under the thin disguising layer of cloth. His living hand was warm on the dip of her spine, sending her to her tiptoes to press harder against his lips while coaxing his hand further down. He nipped at her lips and Shuri paid that back, sucking his full slightly chapped lower lip. Kissing..ok but how about… Shuri’s mouth slid away from his nipping at his jawline, exploring the new texture found there.

@alex
Marvel-MCU-1

97 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky had been an idiot to back away earlier. That was what he was getting right now. Still, he felt it was probably for the best, so that Shuri at least heard his concerns before they did anything- but it was still just about the dumbest thing he had done in recent history and he had done some astoundingly dumb things.

He chuckled and moved his hand as she clearly intended him to, enjoying the supple curves of her bottom before proving his strength and lifting her up with the one hand. His other hand went to her hip, trailing up underneath the shirt she wore. Bucky grinned as he watched her head from the corner of his eyes. "You seem very determined to mark me. What, you didn't want to continue your work on yesterday's mark?" He offered with a laugh, pulling his hand from her clothes long enough to indicate a bruise on the other side of his neck.

Then he took a moment to pull on her hair and tear her free of his skin to seek out hers. "Besides, I thought this was about me showing you what it was like to be kissed." He offered, nibbling at the joint of her jaw before continuing on the juncture of her neck and sucking the beginnings of a mark there.

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Yep ok.
Shuri was NOT going to do a deep delve into her own psyche or cultural expectations to figure out exactly the basis for the fact that him lifting her took her from like maybe a 10 to about 80 in one smooth movement. “Superserum, healing factor.” she muttered not looking at where he was pointing, more interested honestly in wrapping her legs around his narrow hips, a tiny excited sound felt like it was punched from her when he pressed against her. There was a small moment of resistance when he pulled her thick hair before she surrendered; this time there was no hiding the shameless goan as his lips found their mark.

Well. yup- “Good job Sargent Barnes.” she babbled mouth now freed to vocalize her inner monologue. “Two in as many seconds, yup, yes. Ugh-!” she was cut off when her hips stuttered in time to his suction, and she managed to rub herself just perfectly against him.

@alex