Marvel-MCU-1

96 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 835
Bucky didn't hesitate at the order. Perhaps his princess would have considered it an indignity, but Bucky was just pleased that she wished to make certain his arm was alright. It made him warmer than he'd like to admit that she still cared. Even though he had failed to protect her. Even though he had kidnapped her. Even though he had gotten her trapped in this technologically dead world.

He nearly leapt forward to catch her and make sure she drank something- but she still had his arm open in a way that made it difficult to do so. "I am happy to hear that Princess, but I am afraid that if you do not have your water and saltines now, I will have to force feed you." He offered in reply, his now mobile arms going around her to support her and hold the water up to her mouth. "Hell Doll," Bucky added, slipping without thinking. "It's a damn miracle you can even speak with how dry your throat must be."

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,681
A dark eye slitted open at his ‘threat’ did he not listen? She was focusing on what was important; IE when he wandered off to do recon or whatever he needed to do this meant she could find him, and him her. Because they were lost, shipwrecked basically.

And honestly? Shuri was NOT ok about this. She was really a sheltered young woman, wrapped in layers and layers of custom, bodyguards, routine, security. And the last half hour had blown all of that out of the water on every possible level.

So she focused on what she COULD make work.

“Why am I princess sometimes and Doll others.” She complained, quietly taking the crackers from his demanding hand before he shoved them down her throat. Not that she expected to. Mostly because she’d bite him.

@moon
Marvel-MCU-1

96 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky had a very different definition of important than Shuri did. He appreciated the tech she offered, beyond a shadow of a doubt. Yet Bucky was one of the world's three best assassins. And that was if he was being charitable. He was trained in recon, he was trained with everything he needed to find his prey, and in this world without cars, he was confident in his ability to track her.

Bucky's definition of important was the woman sitting in front of him refusing to care for herself. Who was out of her depths and clearly trying to deny that.

She was correct in that he wouldn't shove crackers down her throat. They were hard enough to cut her on the way down. Or get stuck. No, Bucky would have relayed on very old methods of feeding those who couldn't do it themselves. Chew it for them and then push it down their throat. Usually with your own tongue. Not exactly what he wanted her to think of when she looked at his lips.

Even if he used his hands, she was not thinking clearly if she thought he would use his flesh fingers.

He flushed at her question. "Because every now and then I slip and forget to use your title, even though doll is an old expression that only one man still living uses often. It's from a time where we weren't nearly as equal as we should have been- and I don't want you believing I don't respect you. So I call you Princess." He explained, dropping down beside her for a moment, fatigue setting in without thinking.

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

To be fair to Bucky...Shuri hadn’t actually ever seen him at his ‘worst’ or best really; she’d seen fragments of his memories, helped him cope with the traumatic effects, heard and over watched him during the fight with Thanos...but he had been one of hundreds of fighters that she was watching including her brother and other Wakanda warriors, in that sort of huge set battle his individual skills didn’t have a chance to shine especially when compared to her brother, and his group activities paled beside the Dora and Kings Guard.

So while she respected him as a Warrior...he didn’t exactly rank in her instinctive mental line up. No matter what she knew ‘on paper’.

And also...just because he was an assassin didn’t follow that he was going to be expert at keeping a ‘target’ alive.

Shuri’s mobile mouth turned down into a pouty frown, “Respect is actions, not words colonizer.” she muttered between bites, sipping on the offered water.

Leaning back she willed strength into her atrophied limbs, she knew the protocols, heck she’d helped to make the tech to keep the worst of the effects of long term coma’s at bay...but there were things not even her tech could work around, and she was exhausted.

@moon
Marvel-MCU-1

96 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

In Bucky's defence it was hard to match up against someone who was faster than he was- and a melee fighter. Bucky's greatest strength was his accuracy, no matter how adept he was at hand to hand, he had always been a sniper first. In a wild group battle, accuracy was only as good as 'not shooting your side.'

And his group skills were pretty much nonexistent with.... without Steve.

Shuri was also obviously underestimating how many people he had had to bring back for torture. It wasn't any prettier than the assassinations, but he had kept targets alive for exactly how long he needed to. He was also Captain America now, and was getting even better at the whole 'keeping people safe' part.

He sighed at Shuri's words, raking a hand through hair that was still shorter than he expected it to be. "Yes well I haven't exactly excelled there, have I?" Bucky laughed humourlessly. "Asked you for something you didn't want, failed to protect you, kidnapped you, forced you to kiss me anyways- and the cherry on top- got you stuck in a different reality. On a scale of one to ten for respect through actions, I believe I get a negative 7." Bucky offered with a sigh, standing up before Shuri could say anything.

"I'll go scout a location for you to rest, stay here for the time being and-" Bucky reached down and unholstered the sharp knife he kept at his ankle, flipping the blade to offer it to her handle first. "-Hold on to that. Hopefully you won't need It, but it's good to have it just in case." He explained, not quite able to meet her eyes, letting go of the knife once she had a grip on It, pulling his own survival knife from his belt.

His may have been slightly larger than hers- but he was using it as a machete so he kind of needed it. Whipping his hand out, he sliced two horizontal lines into the tree Shuri leaned against. "If you need to leave, carve a vertical line in every third tree you pass." He explained, doing a single downwards slash as example.

"I'll be back soon."

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

A motion caught her eye and she recognized that his hair was hacked off; Shuri had a moment of odd disappointment at the revelation. She liked his hair long.

“Something I didn’t want?” She muttered confused, her agile brain lacking critical sugars and rest to beable to jump topics as easily as she normally did.

“Didn’t object to the kiss.” She murmured trying to focus tried eyes on his expression. There was-

The thought slipped from her mental grasp.

Or at least she thought she was talking, as exhausted as she was Shuri was having a hard enough time with her inner monologue let alone figuring out when she was actually managing to speak verbally.

When he finally paused, Shuri made a concerted effort to match her external voice to her internal- “I think that going anywhere will not be exactly my choice.” She quipped trying to put in a brave face while taking his knife.

“I’ll see what I can scavenge, make a beacon.” She explained, even though she’d already seen enough to know it would be more of an exercise to make sure she didn’t pass out than anything useful.

@moon
Marvel-MCU-1

96 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky winced slightly at her defense. That she hadn't minded- hell, did she think he hadn't noticed that? That he was incapable of remembering in near perfect detail how very little she had objected? How much that was going to haunt him- that she hadn't been aware- but that she still drove him out of his mind?

Bucky rubbed the back of his neck with a sigh. "Trust me, doll. I noticed." He offers, voice rumbling with the effort of holding back his desire. "But just because you didn't hate it doesn't mean that you would have initiated the kiss, or even acquiesced to it."

His face softened from the hard angles it was at when Shuri replied and took the knife. Crouching down for a second, he cupped her cheek carefully, giving her a small smile. "I'll find us somewhere you can rest in safety, and be back." He let his fingers trail as he pulled his hand back to himself. "And maybe don't turn on a beacon until I'm back. Non-friendlies can see that too."

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Shuri snorted at the warning; “How about anyone that can pick it up has advanced tech, which means things we can use to get home-” she waved a hand loftily at him, “And you can i’m sure make sure they play nicely.”

Dark eyes glance through thick lashed watching him leave, the warmth of his hand lingering after the touch.

“Or maybe I wanted it to.” She muttered to his retreating form.

Logically she knew he was right to go scouting, but by the same token she was not at all feeling safe; maybe if she’d been healthy or had her panther claws, or wasn’t struggling to do more than simply stay awake leaning on this frankly uncomfortable tree…

The point was Shuri was out of her depth and knew it, what was worse was with out her- well she was the best shot for finding them! Which left...Stark? Assuming her brother designed to talk to the older man.

Shuri was a woman whos body held too much energy, she could sit still for hours working on a project but her mind would be furiously focused...yet right now it was all she could to do lethargically sip water and watch the sun dip towards the horizon.

Oh and try to catch the half thoughts of what she was going to do if James didn’t make it back before dark.

The sunset was beautiful, breathtaking, and Shuri had enough; leavering herself carefully she eyeballed the forest, in Wakanda there were thick trees in the mountains, short with long branches in the savanna lands..these were closer to the ones near Panther and mines.

Slowly she hefted the gear, judging its weight..Shuri began to climb.

@moon
Marvel-MCU-1

96 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky rubbed at his forehead slightly. "Yes but it's hard for me to do so, if I am not here." He replied automatically, feeling for a moment that he was speaking to Steve. Not Captain America, not the man who could hold down a helicopter, but the scrawny kid from Brooklyn who got in fights whenever Bucky looked away. Not that Bucky had ever felt anything close to what he felt for Shuri for Steve.

Had he known the words whispered to his retreating form, Bucky would have stopped instantly. He would have been afraid to breath for fear that it would break the dream, those few words turning this nightmare into a realm spun of sugar, so fragile and yet so perfect. He was also relatively confident that if Steve knew half the thoughts that went through his best friend's mind, he would accuse Bucky of going soft.

Bucky had never been so completely stuck on a doll before. A woman really, a Lady. It made perfect sense to him that the one he couldn't move past was the one who was so unbelievably out of his league.

With that thought in mind he angrily slashed a mark in a tree he passed, his two horizontal cuts indicating his progress if she looked for them. And it gave him a perfect guide to follow back when he went back for her. As though he could idly forget how to find her.

He surveyed for a while, comparing various places, but he didn't allow the sun to drift past the horizon before he made it back. Perhaps he cut it a bit close- but he didn't want to frighten Shuri, and they would still have to return to his chosen location after he got back to her. He walked with intent as he went back. There was no point in hurting himself in the process of making his way back to her- it would just make it harder for him to protect her.

He spotted her empty spot the instant there was a break in the trees. Bucky then immediately picked up his pace, slotting his knife into his belt before running full tilt to check for Shuri.

Seeing the slice in the tree did slow him down, his heart calming slightly, even if the apparent lack of additional marks did throw him. He glanced around for marks to track her progress, momentarily confused at the lack of them before he heard rustling and looked up.

He laughed despite himself at the image he was faced with. "Princess, would you like to come down now?"

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

She was not helpless...honestly. She was just weak from being in a coma for weeks apparently and slightly out of her comfort zone. But she was still Shuri of Wakanda and Wakanda did not make helpless women, and even less so from Royal families.

So this lead her to gathering her waning strength to slowly, with far more care than she’d honestly used before, climbed the thick tree trunk.

Once she caught her breath Shuri flattened herself out securing the com unit in a Y of the tree. A dark eye rolled open tracking the fast moving form; her heart rate sped up even if she recognized how it was.

Worry that he was being chased blossomed, only to be dashed when he...laughed at her.

That earned him a acorn being slung at his head from her band new shockingly well constructed sling considering she had all of a single tree and the contents of a high tech com unit to work with.

Oh and she might have hissed.

“North American analog forest, fewer large tree predators.” She defended her choice, tossing down the com unit.

Once he”d caught and set it down, Shuri rolled off the branch twenty feet off the ground trusting he’d catch her.

@moon
Marvel-MCU-1

96 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky would have frowned had he known she thought he was laughing at her. He wasn't really, just at the situation and the- okay, a little bit he was laughing at her. Even more so he was laughing at himself, he didn't know what part of this just struck home with exactly how ridiculous he was- but it was impossible not to see. He had just run full tilt through a forest because he was afraid for this woman, and she had simply climbed a tree. He needed to have a serious look at what he was doing with his life.

He flicked a hand up to catch the acorn as it neared him, appreciating the brown colour of it and tucking it in his pocket for after she was down. He likewise caught the com unit and tucked it into his pants, assuming he would be climbing up to catch her.

Which did not leave him prepared for her to simply drop at him. Bucky thanked the Gods (his and hers respectively) that he had superhuman reflexes, because it was the only reason he managed to catch her. He jumped slightly, trying to slow her descent as much as he could before the harsh stop- leading to him sitting down with her in his lap. His eyebrows shot up at her, his breath coming quickly from adrenaline.

"Did it occur to you, Princess, that dropping 15 feet on to the equivalent of a metal rod is generally not beneficial to one's wellbeing?" He offered with amusement. He scooped her up and unceremoniously plopped her on the ground so that he could stand. "Excellent work finding the acorns, Princess." He added, scooping up just about as many as he could, his pockets now burgeoning with nuts, his pack similarly full of various plants.

"I've found a cave not far from here, would you like to walk, or be carried?"

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

If he wasn’t laughing at her, he was making a really good attempt at seeming to be!
And if he asked her exactly what he was doing with his life...well Shuri probably would have a sarcastic little quip for him that she could in general take care of herself (even if she really didn’t believe it in this situation).

And damn it she didn’t ‘toss’ him the nuts! She was trying to HIT him with them! Shuri huffed out a irritated breath, brushing the fluff of her hair into something that wasn’t going to catch on the tree bark as she dropped.

“Meh.” she commented, waving away his concerns with lofty grump.

Walk or carried?

Shuri’s mouth twitched thoughtfully, “Carried.” She demanded/ordered at last, hiding the fact that she was very unsure about her current ability to walk any kind of distance under the umbrella of imperiousness.

Briskly before he could object, Shuri hit the release on his pack, sitting down to slid it on herself. Yep she wasn’t standing up with it on her back, that was damn clear. What did he have in there rocks!? “Come down here!” She pointed to the spot infront of her, twirling her finger till his back was to her, poking the back of his knee with a slipper pointed toe, hinting that he should kneel facing away from her.

The exhausted princess/genius climbed piggy back style, locking her legs around his slim hips,one arm over his shoulder the other under the opposite arm, her chin tucked into the crook of his neck, warm tried breath brushing over the sensitive skin under his ear. “This way you can still use your hands.” She explained, some of her exhaustion coloring her tone as warm seeped into her hospital gown clad body.

“Also if i pass out.” She murmured, “Can use the pack to strap me to you.” She continued logically, wiggling closer to make herself a second breathing skin.
@moon
Marvel-MCU-1

96 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

It didn't matter if Shuri had been attending to throw the acorns to Bucky or at Bucky- she was the one who had built him an arm with enough speed to catch them. He grinned at her irritation- though he felt he was rather entitled to annoying her slightly once she dropped out of the tree at him. Really, it seemed like very little in exchange for the years she was scaring off his life.

He laughed as she made her demand. He bowed to her automatically. "Yes Princess, I am at your service." He did admittedly nearly fall over from the sudden weight shift as she took the bag from him. He didn't think it was overwhelmingly heavy- but he was certainly standing in the best way to keep it balanced against his own weight.

He didn't hesitate with her wordless cues, dropping to his knees in front of her, even if he would prefer to carry her in the style that was better suited to her. Which is to say, Princess style. And not just because the name matched, or that he liked being able to look at her beautiful smile as he walked. It certainly had nothing to do with the other term for it being a bridal carry.

Her logic was sound enough, though he'd still be running like a madman if he was faced with something that required him to have his hands readily available immediately.

Bucky couldn't hide the shiver that went down his body at the sensation of air across his skin. It sent a decidedly pleasant warmth down his nerves and he was all too aware of every part of her that was pressed against him at that moment. He stood up quickly, suddenly filled with enough energy to run a marathon and started off towards the cave he had found. "You can go to sleep if you need to. Comas are generally supposed to be broken bit by bit, you don't need to stay awake if you're tired." He murmured soothingly, before giving in and humming a song that his mother used to sing to him.

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Terror was something that was too exhausting to maintain; after all she’d been worse off before right? That midnight climb up to M’baku hoping, helpless, vulnerable, only able to offer her mind and the throne that was her Brothers right for their continuance. Than she had been young, but not too young to understand exactly what could have come from that night. The throne was won by right of combat, yet if he had wished it part of his price might have been more than Shuri’s mind, to secure two royal families…

M’baku had proven his honor and that future had never came to pass; since coming to Hub she wondered at the other versions of her, had there been one who’d taken the Heart shaped herb, fought her cousin, all without realizing she’d condemned her Brother to death? A version who lived with M’baku as his queen?

Warmth, gentle motions bore her into that halfway place between wakefulness and sleep- “I don’t want to marry M’baku…” she murmured, half narrating her own dream/visions. What of a world where- her lips smiled against his neck, “Woke you early, fight with me...win me.. Black Panther, White Wolf..” Where she was the Black Panther, where the loss of her brother was tempered by knowledge she was loved by a man he would approve of, who stood by her side-

Who would give her children to carry her family name, to fight after her death for the crown, to lead her people.

Honor.

It was everything and nothing. Shuri had not realized till that moment how deeply her family history, culture had affected her world view; she was indeed the Princess he called her and that held a layered responsibility that few could appreciate.

Even after T’Challa sired Heirs, it could be HER children who took the throne after him.

And at this moment of helpless she smiled. “‘ss good.”

@moon
Marvel-MCU-1

96 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky had some questions at that moment. One, how was shuri dreaming yet still somewhat awake and holding on like he was a life preserver. Two, why the hell she would be marrying M'Baku. Nothing against the man himself but there were so many better options for Shuri than the man ape. Even if Bucky would never dare to include himself on that list.

He tried to focus on what he could have instead. He could have this moment, her lips on his skin, her warmth motivating him to keep moving. Bucky could listen to her quiet murmurs. Her mentioning a different dream. A dream where she woke him so he could fight on her side- That was a nice dream. Before she could continue her mumble, his mind was idly straying to what a world where he had been woken just to fight at her side would be like. Being beside this woman who he hadn't known well at the time- but who knew his mind inside and out.

And then Shuri continued and his brain short circuited. Winning Her. Black Panther and White Wolf. Bucky's mind automatically supplied the idea of her in her brother's skin tight suit which did little to help the blush that was spreading rapidly across his skin. A future where they fought side by side- and she had been talking about the man ape just before. Perhaps this was about the challenge her brother had undergone to properly take the throne. He had heard stories of how the Jibari had been instrumental in winning that day.

Which lent him the image of Shuri as queen, and Bucky as her Prince Consort. Or whatever the term was in Wakanda. Her trailing thought had his already pounding heart trying to tear itself from his chest. "Yes." He agreed, voice rough. "It would have been very good." Bucky admitted, assuming Shuri would not remember his words when she was properly awake.

Arriving at the cave, he carefully uncooked the bag from her to lessen the weight while he built the best bed possible for her. He hadn't packed more than two changes of clothes for her- but he had packed a reasonable amount for himself, including a sleeping bag. He had thought there was an above zero chance that he would never again be welcomed in Wakanda. Smiling at her as he delicately peeled her off his back, he added another thought. "Sleep Well Princess. I will be here when you wake up."

Laying her carefully down in the fabric, he pressed a small kiss to her forehead before moving to start a fire and organizing traps to capture wild game, and beginning to dry various vegetables and blanching acorns in the nearby river.

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Shuri woke slowly, the hard surface thinly padded jaring her to fitful, stiff wakefulness. “Merlg?” She exclaimed intelligently, eyes rolling open to see...stone? A cave? What the fresh hell Dora training was this?

Often enough Shuri had been dragged into the wilderness for survival skills that the royal houses were supposed to master. She got tradition but- whyyyyyyyy?

She wasn’t a bad student or even an indifferent one she just...kinda could never wait to be back where technology was more than the spear she’d carved on a rock.

Which seemed a weird karma that she was now trapped on a world where so far that was the literal level of tech she’d sunk to.

“I hate the cold.” She muttered, shifting to sit up. It wasn’t that the spring? Day was itself cold, it was the damp night chill that always hung over a body till you started to move.

@alex
Marvel-MCU-1

96 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky's eyes shot up from the stick that he had been patiently sharpening at the sound of Shuri's voice, setting the stick down in a pile of similar shaped branches, and beside a pile of plant based braids.

He had moved to get up and stoke the fire when she spoke again and he laughed. Shucking his jacket, he walked over and carefully wrapped her shoulders in it while the fire grew. He reached for the canteen he had left laying near her and smiled softly. "Are you feeling any less tired now princess?" He asked softly as he looked around for the nearest source of food. "Are you thirsty? Hungry?"

He continued to shuffle around the cave, reorganizing things that had been put there in a hurry, pulling out the change of clothes he had brought her. "Would you like to change? I can go and wash the clothes you're wearing now then."

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Sargent-“ Shuri’s eyes tracked his busy bustling movements “sit for a moment.” She might have been goggy when her eyes first opened, she only needed those few seconds to remember who and where she was and why. The events of the day before in stark relief.

“I’m ok for a moment.” She flashed him a quick smile, sliding her arms into the jacket he draped around her. “We should talk logistics.” Dark serious eyes met his. “This is more Your Skills than mine. I’m not useless but-“ her lips quirked, she’d been his head after all, she knew exactly how thoroughly he could survive on nothing.

“I think we should gather and move, see if we can find a road, road means town which than we can a better idea of where and what kind of tech I can use here.” The only other option she could see was to hunker down and wait for her Brother to ask Stark for help.

@alex
Marvel-MCU-1

96 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Bucky ducked a nod in agreement, settling down, despite his further stoking of the fire. He wondered if it said something about his perpetual lack of sleep that he thought it unlikely to be visible that he hadn't slept. Smiling at her, he offered her a canteen to drink from.

Bucky listened carefully to Shuri's thoughts. She was- as always- incredibly smart, however...

He ran his tongue over a canine while he thought. "I agree we should explore, but I think we should set up camp here until we find a road, or a better option. Start working out from here in concentric circles- and despite how frustrating it may be for you, that means you need to stay behind for at least a few days while you get back to peak performance." Gesturing to his bag, he offered the supplies of edible mushrooms, berries, nuts. He had a few fish strung up to dry as well, but they wouldn't be fully dried for days.

"That being said, I'm sure you know plenty of the things that we will need in order to survive, I can start out exploring, if you would be willing to build the things we need?" He asked carefully, worried despite the several traps he had set near their camp. He didn't even really wish to leave her alone yet, but it was the best of bad options. Which is to say that he would happily stay by her side, but that she wouldn't be happy, thus it would be the notably worse option.

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

75 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

He was a soldier, survivor, tra bed assassin, oh and he also had the super soldier serum running through his veins; Shuri trusted him to know when he needed to stop, trusted him to take sleep, rest rather than push and let exhaustion dull his reflexes and incidentally endanger them both.

“Don’t suppose you kept a scrunchy after butchering your hair?” Her tone was light wishing she had some oil or a mirror to put braids in. She didn’t want to cut her hair but it wasn’t shaped right for the full ‘fro to be out of her way.

Shuri nodded to the fish- “river? Fresh water eventually leads to people.” She knew he knew that as well as she did; “what things?” Because she really couldn’t think of anything that wasn’t busy work if they weren’t going to try and make this a permanent ‘home’.

Looking at him steadily Shuri pointed out what he probably didn’t want to think about- “Camping rough is going to burn more calories or nearly the same amount as traveling a few hours a day.” Shuri sighed resting her cheek on her knees. “I’m not a super soldier, recovering is going to be drawn out fighting the cold and not having being comfortable mentally or physically. Not to mention I’m going to be very stressed wondering if you got ate by a dragon.” Her lips quirked up, eyes smiling at him, half hidden by a poof of hair. “I know I’ll slow you down.” She recognized that, but was too selfish to bow to the logic.

She didn’t want to be alone.

“But I think it will be the same amount of travel time as you running back every night.”

@alex
[hr]
He was a soldier, survivor, tra bed assassin, oh and he also had the super soldier serum running through his veins; Shuri trusted him to know when he needed to stop, trusted him to take sleep, rest rather than push and let exhaustion dull his reflexes and incidentally endanger them both.

“Don’t suppose you kept a scrunchy after butchering your hair?” Her tone was light wishing she had some oil or a mirror to put braids in. She didn’t want to cut her hair but it wasn’t shaped right for the full ‘fro to be out of her way.

Shuri nodded to the fish- “river? Fresh water eventually leads to people.” She knew he knew that as well as she did; “what things?” Because she really couldn’t think of anything that wasn’t busy work if they weren’t going to try and make this a permanent ‘home’.

Looking at him steadily Shuri pointed out what he probably didn’t want to think about- “Camping rough is going to burn more calories or nearly the same amount as traveling a few hours a day.” Shuri sighed resting her cheek on her knees. “I’m not a super soldier, recovering is going to be drawn out fighting the cold and not having being comfortable mentally or physically. Not to mention I’m going to be very stressed wondering if you got ate by a dragon.” Her lips quirked up, eyes smiling at him, half hidden by a poof of hair. “I know I’ll slow you down.” She recognized that, but was too selfish to bow to the logic.

She didn’t want to be alone.

“But I think it will be the same amount of travel time as you running back every night.”

@alex