Thread Contributor: Serafina AllenMissed You Tag: Castiel
Supernatural-TV

23 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Hunter
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight?
Nyte

Life was precious; her fathers had taught her that. The Winchesters killed monsters, yes, but they weren’t heartless. There were those monsters that weren’t hunted. The group had even befriended a couple. An angel or two, a demon, a werewolf, a witch or two… She knew the stories. Daphne Allen had been an innocent. A good woman. And she had died because of Sera.

She hugged her mother, this woman who didn’t complain that she would die. No, her mom apologized that she wouldn’t be there. Serafina didn’t sob, but she let silent tears slide down her cheeks, an indulgence of the immensity of her emotions.

Nothing more wonderful than her? What about living? Sera didn’t agree, but she didn’t argue with her mother, choosing to let it go instead. She wouldn’t spend their last minutes together arguing. She would remember her mother smiling, saying the most wonderful if inaccurate things. At the question though, Sera blinked, her hand reaching up to where she knew that necklace would hang if she were wearing it. She had seen this necklace before, on her future self. But now she was the future her… Shaking her head, she whispered, “No, I don’t.”

Daphne’s grip wasn’t a bother for the nephilim. Sera only noticed because her mother was in pain. Looking to her dad for a quick moment before she did anything, Sera nodded, “Okay mom. I’ll take you somewhere safe and comfortable.” sera held her mother gingerly but firmly, making certain she was stable before she flew away, disappearing from sight before making her way to Hub, where they would all be safe.

@moon
Supernatural-8th season?

133 Posts
7 Threads
Job: Hunt?
Ship Status: Single and curious about sex
Sexual Orientation: Demisexual
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 870
Cas could understand the uncertainty of weighing your life against an innocent's- but considering who Daphne Allen had married, it was a miracle that this would be how she lost her life. Not to torture, or the hunger of a beast- but by bringing their child into the world. Castiel wished she didn't have to perish, but he couldn't wish that his hadn't happened. He was already so attached to this young woman and he knew beyond a doubt that he would adore her in both forms in almost no time.

He didn't want Daphne to die. But he desperately wanted Sera to live.

Daphne, of course, was of the opinion that everyone died one day- except maybe angels?- and that dying in order to bring Sera into the world... it was scary. She wished she could watch Sera grow up. But she also knew that if her choices were to die and have her daughter live, or live but have her daughter die- she knew what she'd pick. It was a good death. It wasn't a death of old age with family surrounding you- but she'd die with family surrounding her, and making sure that said family came to be.

Daphne pulled back from the hug, just enough to wipe her daughter's tears away. She kissed her baby girl's cheeks. Smiled, despite the tears on her own face.

Daphne's smile wavered for a moment before her mind made the connection. "Of course. Because this is supposed to be passed on when you come of age. And having this chance to know you, this beautiful young woman that you are-" Daphne paused to take the emerald pendant off and very carefully lay it around her daughter's neck. "This necklace belonged to your mother. And before that, your grandmother, all the way back to your great great grandmother who got it from her husband, the day their daughter was born. I hope one day- far in the future mind you- You can pass this on to your daughter. And Tell her, as I'm telling you, this necklace is the symbol of our strength. It's gone through wars, and illnesses, it's survived persecution, raising children alone, working as a nurse and everything the world could throw at us. And now it will represent your strength too. I hope it reminds you of that when you are afraid." Daphne offered, words scrambled slightly and not well organized- it was a speech she had though she had eighteen years to prepare, and she hoped she gave it justice.

She gave a soft smile at her daughter's words, allowing herself to be carried without worry. Trusting this young woman without doubt.

Castiel reached out, laying a hand on his daughter's shoulder to remind her that he was there for her. He flew in synch with her, stopping only when he had entered the bunker, and directed her to a clean but otherwise unused room. He nodded at Sera. "Please help your mother lay down. I will be back." He spoke, voice soft before he flew out, returning with clean towels and warm water.

@eve
Supernatural-TV

23 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Hunter
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight?
Nyte

Sera didn’t want to be the cause of any of her parents’ deaths. She loved her little family; her dads, her deceased mother…. Her tiny nuclear family that was, maybe, bigger for the inclusion of the Winchesters, especially Dean. She didn’t want to be the reason her mother died, but she loved her life, loved living. It was an ache, one that wasn’t really constant; she had a full life, a loving family, but she had only just met her mother today, just shortly before she was going to die. Just before she was going to be born.

She was seventeen years old, had lived here in Hub for nearly all of them, but hugging her mom made her feel young and vulnerable. When Daphne wiped her cheeks dry and smiled at her, Sera managed to smile back; let that be something that maybe her mom could remember in Heaven, that Sera had smiled, that she’d been brave, but that she didn’t want her mom to die, that she missed and loved her.

This necklace would be cherished forever. Sera would never forget it, never let it get lost or broken. That much, she could guarantee, even if she couldn’t promise that she’d always be strong or…. “I love you. And one day, a long time from now, I’ll make sure this stays in our family.” She knew there were many different kinds of family, many different kinds of children. She wasn’t blood to Dean, but he was her dad all the same. Even if she never had a daughter, that didn’t mean she couldn’t carry on this tradition. When it was time, she carried her mother, gentle, loving, the invisible brush of feathers there in a touch that was more comfort and care than Sera could express in any other meaningful way.

Castiel’s instructions were followed with a reverence that she didn’t bother to try to mask. Her mother was here, she should see, even if only this once, just how much her daughter loved her. “I’ve missed you, mom. I’ll always miss you.”

@moon