Good Omens-Good Omens

36 Posts
5 Threads
Job: Angel and part-time rare book dealer
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Becky

All Accounts Posts: 301
The battle was exhausting. It has been centuries since Aziraphale has been involved in such fighting, and though he is decent, he has never been a steller fighter. (He doesn't mind admitting that without the new angels arrival they probably wouldn't have survived.) But now the fighting is over, and the strange angels bid them goodbye leaving Aziraphale and Crowley alone in a shop with the corpses of Aziraphale's former colleagues.

Aziraphale surveys the damage. Everything is fixable thank...someone, but it will not be a quick task. He glances over at Crowley whose face is pale and pinched with pain and exhaustion. Aziraphale touches his arm gently.

"Perhaps this calls for an early dinner first dear." He says.
Good Omens-Book

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Starkly

All Accounts Posts: 494
The battle was over, the other angels were gone, and Crowley was exhausted. He hated fighting. Had always hated it. He hated the gore and the messiness of it. No elegance whatsoever.

He hadn't been injured again but the long cut across his ribs ached sharply, and the thought of taking a nap for a century or two was extremely appealing. It was hardly the time for that, however. Aziraphale's bookshop was a mess, with shelves on the ground spilling books and ripped pages all over the floor and the bodies of vaguely-familiar looking angels scattered among them. Crowley winced. Aziraphale couldn't stand seeing anything happen to his books, not to mention, fighting angels meant fighting his own side, and he'd once had plenty of friends among them.

He'd taken a breath to suggest they get started on cleaning up the mess, but was surprised to feel Aziraphale's light touch on his arm instead.

Crowley's face relaxed into a tired smile in response. "I could go for some dinner. You're sure you don't mind leaving all this?"

@becky
Good Omens-Good Omens

36 Posts
5 Threads
Becky

Aziraphale gives Crowley a worn smile. It's nice of Crowley to worry about his books -he knows Crowley is doing it more for his benefit than any actual love of the books themselves- but Crowley really needs to sit down and they've both earned a good dinner.

"The mess will still be here when we get back," Aziraphale says, "besides I think we both need to rest a bit before we get to work."

He starts towards the door and then pauses.

"How is your injury by the way? Do you need me to recheck your bandage?" He asks.
Good Omens-Book

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Starkly

All Accounts Posts: 494
Crowley looked more sharply at Aziraphale as he said they both had to rest. Had the angel been hurt in the battle? He hadn't thought so, but then he'd been rather preoccupied. He really hated the thought of Aziraphale being hurt.

"Are YOU all right?" he asked, brushing off the angel's concern in the same breath. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me." He was a demon after all. He'd survived far worse from his old bosses.

@becky
Good Omens-Good Omens

36 Posts
5 Threads
Becky

Aziraphale raises an eyebrow at him and crosses his arms. Honestly, his demon could be frustrating sometimes.

"I know that lying is a sin, and you do love sinning, but really dear," he huffs fondly, "that's not even a very good lie. I'll need to rebandage your side soon, I'm sure you've pulled something."

Aziraphale picks up a few books because he really can't help himself.

"And don't worry about me dear, I'm fine. Opening and closing the portal drained me a bit, but it's nothing to worry about. A good meal and a spot of wine and I'll be right as rain and ready to clean up this mess."