Thread Contributor: Ben BraedenDown the rabbit hole
Supernatural-T.V. Series

6 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation:
Tink

Ben held his bike with one hand and adjusted his backpack before he began to pedal away from the library. It was early afternoon on a Sunday and there wasn't much traffic. The sun was shining but the air was cold and brisk forcing him to keep his jacket zipped. He had gone to do some research after delivering the early morning paper. It had taken him twenty two months to get up the courage to look into the information he had found when looking for his birth certificate. Stuck in a folder tucked in a barley noticeable crevice was an envelope with his name on it. Ben had looked inside out of curiosity it had held the name of his birth father. Now that he had his answers Ben wished he had left that particular genie in the bottle. After twenty two months his need to know had finally made him take action. Ben's insides churned as he processed the new information. Ben was on auto pilot his body taking him home though muscle memory more than though conscious thought.

Lost in thought Ben did not see the portal that had formed in front of him on the trail he was headed for. Had he not been totally lost in thought he also might have seen the raised cement edge in front of the portal. Ben saw neither and started an unstoppable chain of events by slamming his front tire into the raised cement ledge.

Ben and the bike sailed though the air and right though the portal landing with a solid thump. He was sandwiched between the ground and the bike that had found its resting place across his waist. With the wind knocked out of him, Ben laid there gaping like a fish trying to catch his breath. He pushed the bike off of him moving to his hands and knees both trying to get breath in and take in the busy thoroughfare that should not be there. A look of pure confusion and panic on his face.
Dungeons and Dragons-Forgotten Realms

270 Posts
18 Threads
Job: Bard
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 828
Business in the Hub was always... interesting, at least at Arjay's place of business.

Oh, the Moon was one of the more upscale places that one could hope to come to in the Hub, at least that one could hope to come to without being obscenely rich or well-connected. However, it was a tavern that collected adventurers from across the omniverse, and that meant that people would bring in trophies and treasures to show off from their excursions to various worlds. These were usually admired, speculated over, often sold, and occasionally turned out to be dangerous. For instance... that shining jewel as big as one's head that someone brought from a strange, alien universe, could occasionally turn out to be an egg. Or an entire bag of such jewels could turn out to be eggs.

And so it was that the elf found himself, with quite a bit of help from other patrons of the bar, chasing down what appeared to angry, fanged, rabid platypi made of segmented opalescent stone. They were really quite beautiful to look at, a sentiment that was absolutely ruined by the fact that they were trying to bite people's ankles (possibly to either eat their feet or drain their blood, no one had felt like giving them a chance to show which) or attacking quite dexterously with the poisonous stings on their hind legs. Most had been contained in the bar, but no matter how loudly you told people to not open the door and run out into the street, some fool always decided to start the stampede out of the bar, thus letting a rush of the platypi out with them.

Arjay had skewered several of the creatures, his sword covered in an interesting rainbow-sheen of blood, when he spotted one of the strange hissing duck-billed creatures charge at a boy who was staring at the scene on all fours, one of those strange metal horse stand-ins that the humans had made lying next to him.

Honestly, the boy's father should have known better than to send the boy out alone and unarmed. Arjay had learned that lesson when he was old enough to hold a dagger.

Nimbly, the elf swooped across the intervening ground, spinning in place and bringing his sword down hard, cracking through the thin jewel-like carapace that covered the creature's back. Odd rainbow-colored blood oozed out of the body, which Arjay sent spinning away with a flick of his sword before he turned to the boy, an engaging, friendly smile on his face. "Well, good morning there."
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,579
A cloud of delicate jasmine, soft silk, jangling gold met the child’s collision; warm henna and gold covered hands closed around his shoulders, taking the impact before he met his more painful fate on the sidewalk.

Her veils disguised the world around them for the instant he was still planted against her. “Careful child.” She chided gently patting his head while he regained his feet. Adhira goddess of motherhood, snakes...and less gentle things; smiled down on he who was about to break his mother's heart by vanishing.

The elf who skidded to a stop was known to her, she would know the father of one of her blessed blind. Her vibrant green gaze flicked between the pair...and she intentionally diminished herself, the aura of divinity fading to something more human.
Supernatural-T.V. Series

6 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Sexual Orientation:
Tink

Ben’s view was obscured for a moment while warm hands gripped him. He wanted to melt into the warm feelings for a moment. Jolted back to reality with the chiding he received. “Sorry Miss. Thank you.” He managed to wheeze out right before an elf swooped in and stabbed a glittering creature. Wait did he see that right? Ben wiped at his eyes with his thumb and forefinger and looked again yeah it was an elf he wasn’t seeing things. “Thank you Sir Good morning?” he wheezed out still trying to catch his breath and return the smile to the best of his ability. Ben was confused as to how it had gone from early afternoon back to morning.
“Where…What?” Ben gestured to the creature and surrounding landscape with the hope that someone could give him an answer that lasted long enough to process what he was seeing or at least catch his breath. The woman and the elf in front of him seemed like safe people to talk to. Even though his schools had pounded the stranger danger message into his and his classmate’s heads he was fairly certain that it was safe to get help from them. His gut didn’t scream danger so he decided to trust the two kind strangers in front of him.

270 Posts
18 Threads
Mike

The divine aspect of the goddess was toned back considerably, almost undetectable, but Arjay wasn't exactly your run of the mill mortal, even among the magical ones. He spent a good deal of his time in very, very close contact with a goddess, he even shared some of her power (which he was only reluctantly accepting that he was free to use). Catching on to just who was present right now wasn't hard for him... but then, this boy didn't exactly seem like he was clued in. He looked like nothing so much as a fawn gazing wide-eyed at the oncoming fireball, so now wasn't the time to address the fact that a goddess was holding him.

The boy's question was hardly explicit enough for him to give a very detailed answer to, but as he cast a spell and cleaned the glittering blood from his sword, he peered around them at the chaos that still appeared to be going on around the giant tree that the tavern was built into. "Ah, yes," he said, looking sadly at the scattering crowd. "The 'what' would be some rather well-camouflaged eggs that some treasure-hunting fool pillaged and brought to show off. All in all, I don't think that this is going to be good for today's business, but it's a story to tell, at least. Maybe people will come back to see what happens next." He shrugged, then turned back to the boy, sliding the sword smoothly into the sheath at his hip as he cast that spell a few more times, vanishing the blood from where it glittered on his clothes as well. The elf's clothing was otherwise impeccable, though obviously of a much more medieval fashion than Ben would be used to. He studied the boy for a moment, taking in his clothes, the presence of that metal not-horse, his lost expression, and with a bit of a sinking feeling, he began to put the situation together. "I suppose that it's too much to hope for that you're running an errand for your parents and were simply frightened by that little beast running at you, isn't it," the elf said, smiling a bit, already rather sure of the answer. No... this wasn't a local. This boy didn't seem to even know where he was.

@kel @tink
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Gold jingled around her covered wrists and hands; her divinity was carefully cloaked but her garments sparkled with gems, embroidery, wealth was clear in her outfit, it could at least be vaguely familiar to him if he had ever seen a bridal saree. “Lost child?” she questioned, knowing the answer. He did seem to be taking things rather well, not blinking at the clear elf or the alien chickens he had just massacred.

Stepping away to allow the child a better view of the world he had just wandered into; “You have wandered into a new world child. This is not your home I am afraid.”

@tink @mike
Supernatural-T.V. Series

6 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Sexual Orientation:
Tink

With all that glittered from the woman standing close to him Ben nearly missed the vanishing sparkly blood as the Elf spoke. Ben listened to the explanation the elf gave. Thankfully it was just long enough for him to get his breath back, Ben nodded as the elf spoke to show he was listening, “Parents?...No its just my mom and I. I had work this morning and stopped off at the library to study and do some research. Mostly research I guess I got kinda distracted. I didn’t notice that.” Ben pointed at the creature the elf had stabbed. “Until you were… well stabbing it.”

Ben’s attention shifted as the woman spoke and moved aside. With the sudden distance from her he felt a little less calm he took a deep breath. “I think lost may be an understatement.” He replied in awe as he looked around. “I don’t suppose there is a white rabbit that can show me the way home is there?” The statement obviously rhetorical. He scratched the back of his neck in thought for a second. “Only in storybooks I suppose, and this is no story book.”

Once again Ben shifted his attention this time back to the woman and the elf. “So where I am from when you get lost you are supposed to stay put and wait for someone to find you. I don’t know if that counts when you end up in an alternate dimension?, Reality? On another planet?” Ben was once again lightly scratching at the back of his neck a sheepish look on his face. “Anyway I guess I need a job and a place to stay. Do either of you know someone who needs an employee or a tenant?” He paused and switched direction “Right I guess I should introduce myself first. My name is Ben.” He said holding out his hand to shake hands with the elf and woman.

270 Posts
18 Threads
Mike

Well, the boy wasn't panicking over things, that was good. He was a bit on the young-ish side, admittedly, but he was at the age when Arjay was familiar with human boys striking out on their own, beginning to learn to make their living, although admittedly that usually meant that they took a job on the farm or stables outside town, or apprenticed with the smithy. The rare few woud take to adventuring, but that was less common with Earth-humans, from what Arjay had seen.

A white rabbit... Arjay blinked a moment, then perked up. "I get that reference," he mused, rather pleased at his progress with the common literary culture on the Earth worlds. Never having needed much rest, and now not needing to rest at all, he found he had plenty of time to read, even if he still couldn't manage to make the moving pictures that the Earth-worlders used work for him.

"However, no, I'm afraid that we've a shortage on pale rodents willing to lead one home." Besides which, the boy was here. That led to a very pointed question: Why? He was generally of a mind that people stumbled into the Hub for a reason. "Well," Arjay said, looking the boy over. He was too young to have been trained on the Earth-worlds to make drinks, and was too young to be much use as a cook on his own, but people had to start somewhere, right? "So long as you can handle a broom and don't mind cleaning, I could manage the job and the place to stay." He turned toward Adhira and offered her a small bow. She may not be his goddess, but he and Sune did owe her, so courtesy was definitely not amiss. "If the lady has no purposes of her own that this crosses, that is," he added in deference to the goddess and her apparent desire to not reveal her nature. He traded grips with the boy, nodding to him politely. "Arjay Lo'Ran."
@kel @tink
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Adhira’s gold tipped fingers brushed through the boy’s tousled hair maternally; what an interesting little human, look at how quickly he adapted to this new strange existence he found himself in. No protestations, no cries for his lost mama…

Warmth and good humor emmenated from her, which might help explain his seeming calm- “The child will be welcome in my Temple. But if you wish to take responsibility for his well being-” She brushed her lips across his forehead, granting a minor blessing upon him. “Than I will not stand in the way of mortals.” Adhira moved to introduce herself- “Manasa.” the name long lost tripped from her lips with out thought, it had been litteral eons since she had claimed the name she’d been created under.

There was a crack with in her being as her Godhead shifted.

“Manasa.” she repeated softer, almost tentatively trying out the name once more. “Goddess of Snakes, children, and luck.” or Naga, Fertility and prosperity but that was the simplistic description was simpler for him.

@tink @mike