OC-OC

55 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

(1000 years ago)

Bes was not a powerful god, a state that honestly he was perfectly content to continue on as. He enjoyed the ability to walk without the infinity of the universes overwhelm him, he liked that it was easier to seem mortal than ‘other’.

And he loved his twin, her powers increase had not gone unnoticed how could it? Bes just had simply chosen not to comment.

They were twins, which meant that he always knew where across the multiverse she could not hide from him; he could feel her anguish and once his mother was no longer near Bes appeared next to her.

For the first time in their existence she had vanished from his soul; not vanished he could still feel her dimmly but he hadn’t been able to FIND HER.

“What happened?” The normally unflappable god was visibly upset, “Where did you go?”

@moon
OC-OC

43 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 870
Raani let out a full breath as her mother's presence lifted- finally feeling as though she were no longer compressed under the weight of the other goddess's being. She had rather seriously been expecting death- which, she supposed, would be one way to meet her father.

And then the light of her brother was warming the air around her and she spun to launch herself into his hold automatically. It was only the fact that she could feel his concern that stopped her from allowing herself the comfort of her snake form, and settled with the warmth of his embrace.

Separated now from her mother, Raani couldn't help the way her shoulders shook as she finally relaxed and processed the danger she had just been in. "Bes." She whispered softly, trying not to start crying as she actively processed the fear she had withheld. "I- I may have done something really bad. I just- I wanted to be strong. I didn't want to hurt anyone. I wanted to stop hurting people. I don't understand."

Her voice broke on the last syllable, her breath catching as she tried to explain. Suddenly she felt very much like the child her mother treated her as- regardless of her age. She shook her head to convey the lack of words she had to add to the sentiment, crying slightly. She knew she was supposed to be the mature one. The big sister. But she was a scarce few minutes older- and she needed him just as much, if not more, than he needed her. Raani generally assumed she needed him more. Bes was far more functional without her than she was without him.

@kel
OC-OC

55 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Bes was an incredibly easy going god. Except when his TWIN WAS MISSING! If she was deliberately hiding, off on one of her little worlds…!

Anger was not an emotion he was familiar with, even less so anger built from fear. Bes has no reason to test his powers, to expand beyond what was comfortable, he had no secondary natural form like his sister or mother. He could of course slip his skin into what ever form he needed, he just had no ‘other’ self.

Strength he didn’t really know he possessed clutched his twin to him, she was upset, he needed to be her rock and right now he just wanted to have HER tell HIM she was ok.

“What did Mother say to you?” Unless he missed understood and their mother pulled Raani out of some mess… Bes tucked her in tighter, “What happened?” Calm, that was what he was he just needed to center and the problem was Raani was his center.

@moon
OC-OC

43 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

It was well beyond notable to Raani that she could feel her brother's anger. Not that she could feel it- he was her twin, she expected as much- but so much anger... it made her shiver slightly. Bes wasn't the angry type, let alone this raw uncontrolled emotion.

The warmth of the emotion was however, rather pleasant. When Raani was so scared- all she wanted was to retreat into snake shape. She knew that Bes thought of it as her secondary form- which it was if she were truthful. She just liked feeling the same cold as she did when she was in a more humanoid form. Desperately seeking out warmth.

She took a deep breath of her brother's scent, aura, warmth and steadied herself the same way she had for hundreds of years. Despite that, she didn't relinquish the hold she had on her brother. "I don't even know where to start." She mumbled, her mind more or less a complete mess still. She hadn't begun to sort through the thoughts that piled in her brain.

Sighing she pulled back far enough to meet his eyes, and did the simplest thing she could- touching his temple and sharing her memories of the confrontation.

She waited for him to process them before pulling her hand back. In a small voice she added on a thought. "I would understand if you're angry at me now."

@kel
OC-OC

55 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Anger, panic, fear. None of these were emotions Bes was familiar with, and after a few endless moments after his sister shared her memories they were all encompassing.

Bes could almost feel his mind, his self tearing, trying to understand the IDEA of their mother killing Raani, of a whole family beyond them who had been willfully cut off at her order and command.

He’d never considered himself neive, he’d seen their mother weld her sword with gleeful abandon, purging entire pantheons before her. But that had been an aspect he’d not...understood could be focused on her children.

Bes’s mind rebelled, his very being torn between his sister and what their parents had done to their siblings. Not just the ones killed or locked away, but those ‘in favor’ who he and Raani had been kept away from their entire existence.

All to protect them from the god who helped to create them.

His sister needed reassurance; Bes forced that break, deep inside his core, he could not...he did not know how to solve what had been revealed to him.

“You did what you had to.” He murmured into her hair, chafing his palms up and down her arms. “I know how much it hurt you to not have the gifts you wished for.”

@moon
OC-OC

43 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

It was moments like these that Raani wished she knew best how to care for her brother- because though she had known of the possibility, it seemed her brother hadn't even thought of it. Her sweet brother wished to focus on the brightness in everything- but some places held little light to be found.

Perhaps the darkness of her domain made it more easy to see what her mother was capable. Perhaps her brother had been willfully ignorant- and her, paranoid. She wished more than anything that she could fix the hurt.

But she was too broken inside to be able to at that moment- especially when Bes touched on the open nerve that her mother had bared. Clenching her fingers and loosening them, Raani tried to distract her mind with the physical motions. Process without emotion clouding her judgement.

Something that proved impossible when Bes was warming her skin with his hands. "She- She knew, Bes. She knew what I was- and she kept her expectations the same. She knew I couldn't meet them but she still gave me tasks I couldn't help but fail. How can a goddess of motherhood do that to her child?"

@kel
OC-OC

55 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The fissure within him grew splitting the young god. And he was young, young enough to still not be settled into his domains, especially since he had not followed his sister to gain followers. Till this moment he had been simply of Home and Hearth; his sisters plea, her anguish demanded answer and he had no choice but to answer, she was the elder god to him, her power dwarfed his own and her demand, she begged him with out words to make it make sense.

He had no choice. And if he had he would have chosen to take this burden.

She was his Raani.

The flare of new power was unmistakable; Bes pulled away to capture her face between his hands, there was a sadness to his eyes that had never inhabited them before, and would never leave them now. “She took a chance.” And he saw it now, in a way that was impossible for him bare seconds ago. He had her memories and she would never feel the fullness of his mind again.

Not even Gods were meant to know their full destinies, and Bes now saw the Path that his sister was set on, he watched the intersections touching he, his sister, his mother, father, siblings, a thousand shining and dark points. “A one in a million chance.” He murmured, new born power reaching out to shepheard it to mean something, to that one golden path.

Bes mourned the darkness he saw coming, he had no power over the journey...but now the destination was his to grasp...for both of them.

“She did it for all the children she could not save.” He could see it and the knowledge burned “Because she is also Chaos.”

Bes drew her back into his embrace; “I love you Raani, and she hurt you.” he kissed her forehead, “I don’t want to destroy our mother.” unspoken was that he would if he asked him to fight, he would be beside her.

@alex
OC-OC

43 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Raani saw so much more than just one's face. Perhaps because she was a god- more likely because she was a goddess of the cycle- she could see directly into the core of a being. Their soul, the base energy of their existence- in the case of a god, their divinity. Even with her eyes closed Raani could see the sprout in her brother's being.

If Raani was the moon, her brother was the sun. She had always held the suspicion that he was more than her- that if the two of them were to amass the same worship, he would be stronger. Perhaps because they had been raised in a place suited to him. Or, he was simply filled with more of Adhira's hopes for them.

It was awe inspiring to see the new domain take hold in her brother's spirit, and she found her mouth hanging open slightly as she watched.

Her awe turned to horror as she saw the pain in his eyes, tried to reach for him, only to find that her mind met a resistance that she had never known before. "Oh Bes." Raani sobbed, hearing his words, knowing that he was just reaffirming what she had assumed- and categorizing her pain as unimportant.

She had done this to him. She had gathered power to stop hurting people- it seemed, that instead she had simply begun to hurt those she cared about. First her mother- now the person she would destroy everything for. She allowed her eyes to drift shut as he embraced her once more- before tugging him down to where she could cradle his head in her arms, and curl herself around him.

Raani had hurt him. There was no going back from that. Yet she would protect him as well. If her domains were a double edged sword- so be it. If anyone came after her brother, her Bes- She would raze their very civilization. And when that was not necessary- she would provide him with what rest she could from his new aspect.

She may have been elder and more powerful- but she could recognize the bloom of new power within herself as well. Burrowed between her two larger domains, it may struggle to grow, but she would not let it for.

She kissed the top of his head as her aura enveloped him, cold yet soft, dark and welcoming. "My pursuit was in the desire to stop hurting people- even this pain cannot twist that to become a wish to lose the only other family we have known. And I know better than most how easy it is to inflict pain without intention." She offered, her voice soothing and melodic. Raani's words became a lullaby to lure her brother to rest.

"I love you Bes." She whispered.
@kel