All-All

92 Posts
7 Threads
Job: Admin
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: ;)
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,502
There was in simple fact no way for Adhira to blind herself to her daughters ambition, she waited, watching to see if Bes would also follow, or if new self christened Raani’s ambitions would taper off. Raani was not the first after all of their children to feel the inborn desire for more. Ironically that second child, the one that had broken faith, killed his brother for power had hurt her far less than her Mate. Simply because that sweet first child had been raised nearly single handedly by Seth. A privilege none of their children since had enjoyed.

In her temple there were many doors, often doors with in doors, each leading to a different universe, world to be reached at her priests convenience, created by her. Some doors had been locked longer than either of her youngest children had existed.

It was not the Goddess of Motherhood who had summoned her daughter, no Chaos twisted her familiar features into an unfamiliar smirk, no embroidered saree or veil adorned her grace. Ruby stained hands held a curved sword, chased in the same darting sliver that adorned her half-battle armor. Only her familiar habitually bare feet echo’d to the Goddess her daughter had known till this moment.

“You are not the first.” She did not disassemble; “Nor the hundreth child i have borne.” lightning seemed to flicker under her skin, something almost...mad grew behind virulent emerald eyes.

Only Raani had been summoned. Bes was sent away on other duties, if she must do what was needed...Raani would be the only one She would be forced to...do what was needed.

“Where do you think they are Raani?”
@moon
OC-OC

50 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

There was in simple fact no way for Adhira to blind herself to her daughters ambition, she waited, watching to see if Bes would also follow, or if new self christened Raani’s ambitions would taper off. Raani was not the first after all of their children to feel the inborn desire for more. Ironically that second child, the one that had broken faith, killed his brother for power had hurt her far less than her Mate. Simply because that sweet first child had been raised nearly single handedly by Seth. A privilege none of their children since had enjoyed.

In her temple there were many doors, often doors with in doors, each leading to a different universe, world to be reached at her priests convenience, created by her. Some doors had been locked longer than either of her youngest children had existed.

It was not the Goddess of Motherhood who had summoned her daughter, no Chaos twisted her familiar features into an unfamiliar smirk, no embroidered saree or veil adorned her grace. Ruby stained hands held a curved sword, chased in the same darting sliver that adorned her half-battle armor. Only her familiar habitually bare feet echo’d to the Goddess her daughter had known till this moment.

“You are not the first.” She did not disassemble; “Nor the hundreth child i have borne.” lightning seemed to flicker under her skin, something almost...mad grew behind virulent emerald eyes.

Only Raani had been summoned. Bes was sent away on other duties, if she must do what was needed...Raani would be the only one She would be forced to...do what was needed.

“Where do you think they are Raani?”
OC-OC

30 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 746
It was chilling, for Raani, to see her mother stand before her. Clothed in chaos, adorned with the blood of her enemies in the place of jewels.

Perhaps more chilling was the connection she felt to this aspect of her mother's power. She knew her mother would not understand- could not understand- how Raani could be her child, and yet feel as though her whole life was an ill fitted gown. Made for someone who was not quite her. Yet, Chaos, that was a thing Raani understood immediately. More so even than snakes.

She noticed that her mother hadn't called Bes. Was aware that there was only one thing that Adhira could want of her that she would not ask of Raani's brother as well. Raani took the brief moment before words were spoken to allow her unspoken gratitude to leech into the air. Her twin was not involved- had never toed the line as Raani did. If she were to be punished, so be it, but if Bes were to be punished as well-

Raani would send the temple up in flames.

She knew despite that, that her gratitude would mean nothing to this version of her mother. The smirk. The armor. The weapon. This was not the mother Raani knew, and she was forced to resolutely keep her hands at her side and not bear arms in an instinctual method of defense.

"I imagine, mistress, that I may have a clearer picture of life after death than even you possess." She offered quietly, folding her hands together to keep them still. "I am intimately familiar with the place where my predecessors have been sent. Where their existences disseminate into the ether to become the future seeds of life, the building blocks of reality." Her voice was soft. Calm, Polite. Everything a high priestess was supposed to be when speaking to their goddess. If only her words weren't so impudent.

@kel
OC-OC

50 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Lightening chased ruby lips twisted into a scolding smirk; her daughter thought she knew all, had the arrogance of divinity in spade and did not yet understand why her mother had chosen to wrap her in ill fitting domains. The Goddess before her was the mother of her first oldest brother, a boy god who was not unlike her twin in his gentleness, yet shared the same fire that burned between mother and daughter now. The flame of destruction that would burn even gods.

“Open the door.” she commanded chains of power slipping away to allow the action.

Behind it lay...snow. Or what seemed at first glance, both Goddesses would feel the death in the air, taste the ‘snow’ for the radioactive fallout that it was. A grim grey world lay before them; a dead world. “There are two paths for the children of mine who crave to become more.” the dead wasted world was a chilling reminder that when gods warred it was not simply they who bleed and fought. Raani could cast her mind out as far as her divinity could reach...there was nothing left living or dead in this reality. Even the planes of the dead were torn asunder, empty echos.

In the distance a second door lay, ruby red, golden sigel's inlaid. Adhira nodded to it, if she had the will to see what the second path held.

Beyond the door...lay a living breathing world, a thin film separated the pair from entry yet beyond it would be a familiar echo..of family. This was the second path, cut off from everything beyond their own little slice of universe, bound by blood and a will stronger than their own...and yes love. Neither child nor parent would, could breach the wall constructed.
@moon
OC-OC

30 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Two choices were what Raani was offered. To sit alone for eternity- until the lack of belief caused her existence to wane into nothing. Or to enter a reality where she would be lost to the only family she cared about. Understandably, Raani was not thrilled by either of those options. She took a deep breath and stiffened her spine before turning to her mother. "Then it matters not to you that I seek worship in realms other than yours. That I do not neglect my duties as priestess in order to search for power. That for the first time in my existence, I can touch an expecting mother, and not doom her to an awful fate."

She ducked her head with comprehension, waves of soft brown curls pooling over her shoulders, loosing the cloak she wore. The fabric fell lightly to the floor before Raani moved again. Carefully lowering to her knees, she twisted her hair up and out of the way, leaning forward in a way that made it impossible to meet her mother's eyes.

"If you have made your choice mother, than take the action. Do not leave me to waste away- or in a house that can never be home. I will not move to dissuade you of your choices. If I must choose my fate, I would choose death."

Comments offered, Raani leaned even further, neck bared to offer Adhira a clear target.

@kel
OC-OC

50 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Scarlet soaked fingers curled around her daughters jaw, “Do you understand why this has occurred?” There was an echo of her aunt, she could almost see Kali-Durga’s black lips reaching for her child, welcoming the price of power.

“There was a son.” she tipped Raani’s face up, “Our first born. He was killed by our second, who craved power beyond what we could give.” Adhira’s smile did not hold any amusement, “The early years where we still fought to survive on one planet, one race, where the gods we knew battled till the bitter end. Our son killed Kiyan. The light who should have been the patriarch of a new god line.” the grief she felt was diluted with time and distance, “Your Father never forgive, never forget, never allowed himself to love a child again. For each could be a threat.”

“And I cannot forgive what I have allowed to happen since.” Dozens of children dead at their hands, or in the case of Bahb-

Adhira sent the warmth of a mother's love beyond the barrier, feeling the sadness of her child, dimmed with the joy of a family of his own.

Some who’s only crime was to fight for their mother she saved.

“Rebirth, the cycle reborn, renewal.” Adhira lifted her child up, “Chaos was never enough to break the wheel.” But a child that was all that Raani could become… “I kept you hidden, I kept you away from your powers till you were older.” She admitted brutally, “I knew you were only part of me, this part. You of all our children-” Are the closest to who Kyain could have been.

“A third path. I cannot continue to fight eon after eon against the other half of my heart.” Her lips twisted, “I cannot die. For he would not let me. But I tire. You-” her lips brushed over her daughters cheek, “Are a final hope to begin what should never have ended.”
@moon
OC-OC

30 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Raani was aware of the bitter spark that lit in her eyes as she heard her mother's words. Aware of why this had happened? That she had wanted more from her life than to be a high priestess for a temple where she didn't belong. This had happened, because Eshe had grown weary of a life where she was named for something she was not. Because Raani wanted to offer comfort the way her brother did. To shine the way her mother did. To command respect the way her father's name did.

She tilted her head easily into her mother's grip. It was a story she had never heard before- though she knew bits of it. Her mother had no say over what her priests told Raani about. She knew her mother's pain, though she had never experienced it. All turned to dust, and she had seen through the eyes of many mortals who had lost loved ones, or been betrayed.

Yet the young goddess wanted to protest that she ought not be painted with the same brush. That she was not her much elder brother, and that she could learn from his mistakes.

She held her tongue, turning to look up at her mother, waiting for her to change her mind and bring her sword to Raani's neck. She allowed herself to be lifted, conscious as she was that not at least having her head bowed in her mother's presence could be an insult.

Her chin dipped with that thought as she continued to listen. Her mother had- had known. She had been aware of what her daughter was- and yet she hadn't explained it. She had left Raani to cower under the knowledge that she was not what she was supposed to be, the feeling that she could not live up to her mother's expectations. Raani didn't know how to respond to that.

Hearing the way her mother's words broke, cutting off thoughts, emotions too volatile to vocalize coherently- Raani knew that it didn't matter how she felt. Her blessed mother, who had guarded her for all of her life, was saddened. And Raani did not wish her to be.

Smiling softly, she reached out to grasp her mother's hand, squeezing it as the cool radiance of comfort that was Raani's aura expanded to envelop the older Goddess. "I am no part of you mother. The four of us, Bes and I, Father and you, we are the cycle. You are the dawn of life. Bes is- could be- the living day. Father is the sun setting on existences. I am there to shepherd them from him to you." She spoke softly, rubbing circle on the back of Adhira's hand.

"I will not let you down Mother." Raani stated, smiling and kissing her mother's cheek in turn. "For nothing is ever truly ended. Sometimes, a bump in the wheel just slows it's turning."

@kel Idek man
OC-OC

50 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Her Daughter heard her words and thought she understood. Adhira was a mother, yes but she was a Goddess first. And this child was her hope; Raani was not the first she had used to try and break the cycle.

There where other children, those that had survived, those that accepted being minor gods to her and her mate, they filled the parthenon's of various universes with some great overlap.

Adhira had carefully steered her youngest children away from that larger overarching constellation of universes where she her mate and children ruled.

A gold chased sapphire doorway appeared. “I needed to see who you would be with out knowing.” The door opened and for the first time Raani would feel, hear the voices of her siblings.

Goddesses did not apologize. But Mother’s did.
Her harsh aspect melted away and soft eyes took in her daughter; “I have been cruel. And I am sorry for that my darling girl.” Her thumbs brushed over Raani’s cheekbones. “This could also be you, one of many gods, to share the burden, joy, these are your siblings.” Eons of them after all, those that survived, Not banished not killed but living as part of her pantheons.
@moon
OC-OC

30 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Raani had perhaps not thought first of her mother's nature- but it hardly escaped her. To restart the cycle of the gods... Yes. Raani could be that. She had known it for much longer than this day as well. She had known, in some small way, all her life. In a more grand scheme of things, she had contemplated it as a way to explain her desire for power to her mother.

She knew that she wasn't the most loved of Adhira's children. That so much time and so many of her siblings born- that she may be little but a number to the elder Goddess. It didn't change anything about who Raani was, or what she could be.

She forced herself to hold back the words that wanted to tear from her lips at her mother's proclamation. Adhira had allowed Raani to fumble blindly when she could have explained it to her. Could have shown her the good of her powers, rather than only death.

But those words meant nothing and so Raani stayed silent.

A door opened and suddenly Raani knew exactly how unimportant she was to her mother. That she was one of so very many-

She had more family than ever and she had never felt so alone. She wished desperately for her brother right then- the only sibling that she actually truly cared about. It was one thing to know of them in theory- it was another to feel their presence. Know that she was one of an incredible number- which of itself was only a percent of an even more unbelievable sum.

She swallowed hard and addressed her mother. "And I would be allowed to garner worship still?" Raani asked carefully, refusing to acquiesce to a life of being less than she wanted to be- less than she knew she could be. Should be.

@kel