Shadowrun-Tabletop edition

105 Posts
7 Threads
Job: "Travel Writer" (Smuggler)
Ship Status: N/A (looking?)
Sexual Orientation: Yes.
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 646
Queth was finally settling back into her life in the hub after far too long. This time, to move to the hub, Queth had to explain what was happening to her family- who were more than a little bit confused by the declaration that they had died. She didn't blame them for that one, after all she was still acclimatizing to the merging of her existences. On the one hand her mostly flesh body felt foreign and uncomfortable, and on the other, this grumpy personality seemed completely alien.

In other words, she had an excellent explanation for why she was only now properly thanking all of the people who had been so kind to her during such a difficult time. Er. Or difficult personality. Certainly she had thanked the redhead she was going to see, before, and during, their quest. Several times. And then by text several times after. Yet Queth knew that she very much owed Belle, so on the road she went.

Hopefully she wouldn't be angry at Queth for not visiting in person yet. Hopefully Queth's choice in fashion would make Belle laugh. Many many hopes. Including the hope that maybe the redhead would finally pick up on Queth's interest in her, now that Queth had enough soul to present that better.

She opened the door to Belle's diner, quashing her nerves as well as she could. Seeing the redhead, Queth broke into a grin. It occurred to her that she may look like an idiot, standing there in what was obviously a penguin themed tshirt. Probably even a pajama shirt. Still, that was half the point of the top, so she just opened her mouth and greeted the other woman. "Hey Belle, it's good to see you."

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

137 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,435
Well of course she knew Queth was grateful to her! But Belle still thought it was awful silly for her to keep saying so! She was dang well aware that she’d been at best a distraction for Queth, and at worst...well a distraction!

She’d known Queth from the Quest and the new well..softer side of her was a bit jarring, Belle did her best to acclimate to the change but she sort of missed her grumpy friend; she hadn’t been avoiding the elf but her own new business kept her..well busy! And she’d tried to make it clear that of course Queth was welcome to spend time with her there, but somehow the mechanic was always busy which she really couldn't blame her for now could she?

Now Queth had always had what Belle considered...questionable fashion choices, including the time she had rescued her and dressed Belle in pajama bottoms. So seeing her in a penguin shirt that might have doubled as sleepwear...well that didn’t do a dang thing to dim her expression.

“Hi Hon!” Belle quickly set down the tray she’d been carrying to bounce to the front, wrapping her arms around the taller woman, Belle was just a bit red, a thin prickle of sweat made its appearance around her slightly disheveled hairline, she’d just come from the hot kitchen and she’d been working non stop all morning, her bakery/restaurant was becoming more popular than she’d ever hoped but that also meant she was on her feet nearly constantly.

Thankfully her midday break was in about half an hour where she’d close down the shop for a few hours to rest and prep for dinner.

Speaking off…

Belle reached behind Queth to flip the sign to closed. There now, the customers she had now would be the last than she could really close out.

Belle gave Queth another squeeze, “Ya hungry?” she offered tugging her towards the free table near the kitchen entrance and bar.
@moon

105 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

There were benefits for having memories of over a hundred years- the one Queth cared most for at the moment was that she had so much practice reading people. Meant that when Belle scanned over Queth's clothes without so much as a word, the elf couldn't help but huff out a laugh. She began unbuttoning the shirt almost immediately- though she was stopped from doing so by an exuberant hug.

Queth grinned and leaned down to hug back properly- getting a face full of hair in the process. A quick breath confirmed without opening her eyes that it was Belle's hair Queth had her face nuzzled in. The elf smelled of fire, metal, and coffee. Belle smelled of peaches and lillies- and Queth wasn't certain when she had last smelled something so lovely.

Straightening back up, Queth let go with a little sigh of reluctance. Sue her, she liked hugs. Following the baker, Queth continued unbuttoning her shirt before pulling it off to reveal a tanktop underneath. "You know." She offered with a mischievous smirk. "It defeats my purpose of trying to make you laugh, if you don't laugh." She offered wisely, biting her lip to keep from chuckling at her own jokes.

Then she was being hugged again and pulled towards a table and okay. Queth was much too content with being manhandled by the redhead.

Plopping down easily, Queth smiled again. "That depends, are you joining me?"

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

137 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,435
“Hey now!” Belle slapped the other woman lightly on the shoulder, “No strippin’ here!” she play scolded, certain that Queth would be perfectly decent under her top.

Queths petulant statement stopped the redhead in her tracks her mouth forming a half surprised little ‘O’. Belle grinned at her, “Darlin’ if ya want me ta be shocked by what ya deem to wear-” Belle reached up to pat her cheek “Ya should maybe na keep offerin’ me pajamas!” Belle laughed than, a warm bright sound, reaching up she wiped a way a few errant strands pushing Queth into her seat.

“In a few hun.” Belle pulled out the long hair pin holding her hair up and out of the way, Sighing as the heavy mass tumbled down. “Gotta clean up and-” Belle paused to grin ruefully, “Ya know? It can wait.” she plopped down across from her friend, rubbing her hands into her scalp with a sinful little sigh of pleasure as the pressure eased.

“How have you been?” she asked peeking up through the strands of amber and auburn that covered her face comically from her ministrations. “Business good? No more rescues or quests?”

@moon

105 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

Queth laughed, the sounds reverberating from deeper than any such amusement she had without her full soul. "Well 'Darlin'" She started to reply, putting emphasis on saying the pet name similar to how Belle had. "Maybe I was trying to reference those pyjamas and look similarly silly to how a certain redhead did."

When Belle moved to clean up, Queth stood up comfortably. She could have pulled the redhead down, but instead she started looking around for cleaning supplies- before Belle confirmed that it could wait. Queth grinned in response, doing her best to ignore the sound Belle made when she ran her fingers through her hair.

For the best, because that was the kind of sound that could haunt a girl's dreams if she let it. While Queth would have enjoyed that kind of haunting, it seemed rude to let herself.

"You know I could help if you wanted. It's hardly the first time I've bussed a table." She spoke idly, not really expecting Belle to take her up on her offer.

She returned to her seat, shrugging slightly as she did. "Business is Business. My world is mostly rescues and quests- so the only real difference there versus the hub is that I usually work solo. Though as I'm back down to one timeline, I am back in my garage- didn't even know how much I missed that until the timelines merged." She offered easily. It was strange to her- on the one hand, no time at all had passed between her leaving her shop, and her coming back. And on the other hand, she had never really been in a mechanic's garage until she came to the hub.

Reaching forward to brush a few strands of hair out of Belle's face, Queth turned the question around. "How about you? You seem to be pretty busy in here." She leaned forward to take the other woman's hand, starting to massage the digits.

@kel