OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: NalaDefine 'Cursed' Tag Kaalth
Star Trek-AOS

101 Posts
7 Threads
Job: Orion Slave
Ship Status: In a ship! (Kala? Naalth? idk)
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 779
Nala had been working from the backroom for more time than she wanted to admit to. She was going running in her spare time, but nothing was a good replacement for the exercise of dancing. If she hadn't been blessed with flexibility from the trip to the magic shop, she imagined that she would be rapidly losing her skills from her time spent sat in a chair.

It felt more than a little annoying to put the effort into her appearance- and then not be able to show off in any way shape or form. It felt more than a little pointless- but she knew that she wouldn't be doing any front room work until she could keep from dropping every bottle she touched.

Or what felt like every bottle- though obviously there were ones that escaped her sphere of incapability. Even Kaalth was distracting her from the funk less and less. There was only so much that mind blowing sex could do- and the cuddling, sweetness, presents, food... Kaalth was an absolutely incredible guy, but she appreciated it less and less when she didn't feel worthy of any of it.

She half heartedly twisted her hair over her shoulder, sighing as she smelled the distinct lack of her own pheromone output. Her scent hadn't disappeared- but there was no reason to push it where it wasn't useful for more than seducing her almost always pre-seduced boyfriend.

She glared and tapped violently at her calculator.

@katie
Star Trek-AOS

128 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

All Accounts Posts: 909
Kaalth had noticed Nala's depression, and knew that it stemmed from the way that for the past few months she'd been clumsy, and inclined to drop or spill everything she touched. He'd done everything he could to get her out of her funk, and nothing had worked, and she started to withdraw from him. Kaalth blamed himself for that, since he hadn't quite managed to hide the fact that he wasn't entirely upset that she wasn't working in the front anymore. He'd never liked the way that a lot of the guys who came into the Green Goddess talked about the women who worked there, and he knew that they didn't care about making sure that the women had a good time in bed, and Nala deserved better than that.

Nala didn't see it that way, of course, she wanted to be out there, doing her job, earning money and improving the Orion position in the Hub. So naturally she was hurt and upset that he wasn't doing what he should and supporting her. Trying to find a way to solve her problem. He'd been talking to people, and he had an idea, but he wasn't sure how she'd feel about it.

Hesitantly, and holding a glass of her favorite fruit juice, Kaalth knocked on the door.
Star Trek-AOS

101 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

It wasn't only that Nala felt like she wasn't doing a good job. It wasn't that she wished Kaalth would be less happy about her lack of dancing. Goddess, it wasn't even that her father's subtle hints that she ought to be getting married were getting less subtle every day. None of those things made it easier for her, definitely.

The real problem Nala was facing was that she was head over heels for Kaalth- and she couldn't tell him that. Not for lack of courage, or lack of desire. No, it all boiled down to the fact that she was in love with a guy that she could never bring back to their home universe- and that with her constant failures, each successive day could be her last in the hub.

Something that Nala was fairly confident Jaya would understand. Probably only Jaya at that. Because Nala's cousin also had a love here in this strange place- that wouldn't be happy on the orions home planet. Not when being back there meant leaving often to spend months away from their loves.

So how could Nala tell Kaalth how she felt- when it would just tear him up even more when she refused to take him with her? She didn't think he'd understand either. He would try, but he would almost certainly still think it was okay so long as they were together.

Maybe worst of all, he might be able to convince her of that, and then she'd never be able to stop seeing the torture she inflicted on him by her love.

She knew the second that the fist hit the door, that the man standing on the other side was hers. Even before his scent seeped under it, before she could hear him breathing. It was hesitant and a little soft- and distinctly Kaalth.

"Come in." She called softly, straightening her back so that it might be less obvious how down in the dumps she was.

@katie
Star Trek-AOS

128 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

Kaalth looked at Nala more than a little uncertainly. He hated feeling like there was nothing he could do, like his attempts to care for her just made things worse, and yet he couldn't stay away from her.

"Hey." he said quietly, setting the juice down on the corner of the desk and then gently lowering his head to breathe in her scent. He smelled the distress and depression, mixed with other emotions, and he knew that now he had to say something, because he couldn't bear to see her like this. "Um, Nala, I've been talking to some people, and I think that I might have an idea about what the problem is. Since it seems to have started after you went to that magic shop, um, well, maybe you ended up with some kind of a curse on you. I know its a dumb idea, but I've seen worlds where magic really works, and so I was thinking that maybe that is it. " he looked down after he'd spoken, hoping she wouldn't be upset that he'd been talking about her problem to other people.

(@Alex)
Star Trek-AOS

101 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

Nala didn't want to upset Kaalth. She loved him, she wanted him to be happy. It was just that as of now, she firmly believed that happiness for him would have to wait until after he had left her. To that end, she had to make him leave her.

She remembered what had happened the first time she was upset. He had tried to pack and leave. Nala didn't want him to feel like he was being forced to leave, but rather that he was happy to be gone from her.

And if she had enough strength of will, maybe she could actually remember that when he lowered his head to her neck and she melted a little. She listened idly to what he was saying, sighing and reaching out for his hand after he was done. "I don't mind if you want to look into that. But I don't want you to get your hopes up, I don't think it's terribly likely." She admitted quietly.

It didn't matter for her. She was already hopeless- in all possible ways. But how could she say no when he was just trying so hard to care for her?

Nala wished it were something as simple as a curse. A curse could theoretically be broken- her ineptitude was just inexcusable.

@katie
Star Trek-AOS

128 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

Kaalth knew that Nala had been trying, subtly, to push him away, but he was stubborn. Too stubborn to give up on her, on what they could have. "I've already talked to Arjay about it, but he says he needs to examine you to be sure. Something about magic and auras and I don't understand how it works. But we can go see him, if you want." Hoping that Nala would agree, because the elf hadn't been terribly enthused about helping an Orion woman, and if they delayed, well, that would annoy Arjay, and Kaalth would have to pay more for the elf's services.

Services that might or might not be needed, but the more that Kaalth thought about it, the more a curse made sense. Why else would Nala suddenly become so clumsy? Nala, who had been trained to do all things gracefully since she was a little girl. Carefully he stepped back so that Nala could stand and they could leave.

@Moon